PDA

View Full Version : How's this for being a fan?

BanthaPoodoo
09-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Pretty interesting tattoos!

http://lortaphanble.phpwebhosting.com/arkiv/tats.html

JEDIpartner
09-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Zounds! I have a hard time justifying even putting one on my body (knowing full-well it will look silly on me when I am old) much less putting a whole "sleeve" on me!

It's pretty cool, though... in a weird sort of way!

Exhaust Port
09-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Some are great, some aren't. A couple of the Back pieces look outstanding. There are a few that leave a lot to be desired and a back tattoo is a tough thing to get rid of.

bobafrett
09-11-2003, 11:11 PM
That reminds me, I still have to submit my two tattoo's that I had done a little over a year ago. Now that I have a digital camera, it should be a lot faster to get the picture to the site!

I'm also planning on getting another couple of tat's!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-13-2003, 01:06 PM
I'm definitely NOT a fan of tatoos, just don't see the appeal. What boggles my mind is the tat with just SW-type writing on that guy's lower back. What the hell is that about?! At least a picture tat can show something even moderately interesting, but three letters of an imaginary alphabet? What's that all about?

bobafrett
09-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm definitely NOT a fan of tatoos, just don't see the appeal. What boggles my mind is the tat with just SW-type writing on that guy's lower back. What the hell is that about?! At least a picture tat can show something even moderately interesting, but three letters of an imaginary alphabet? What's that all about?

Well, I have my TK# done in Aurabesh or Aurek-Besh, and I see nothing wrong with it. I thought for many, many years before getting my tattoo done. If you want to use an "imaginary alphabet" on, it should be your choice. It's your body and if you don't like tattoo's, then don't get one. If you do get one, then you can choose something from ther books they carry in the tattoo parlors, or go with something that you like or drew up yourself.

JEDIpartner
09-15-2003, 08:42 AM
If I did get a tatoo... I'd put a barcode on the bottom of my heel. Just to mess with people if they happened to see it...

jeddah
09-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm not really into tattoos either, but if I did, I think I may get some very small crop circle glyph, like, perhaps an inch long somewhere discrete. For me, I think I inking and branding is a little too permanent. I prefer clothes and there is a cool shop here in London where you can take in a picture or logo etc and they will embroider it on a cap, shirt, hoodie or whatever. Amount of colours and size affects the price but it is very professional looking.

jeddah

Exhaust Port
09-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Well, I have my TK# done in Aurabesh or Aurek-Besh, and I see nothing wrong with it. I thought for many, many years before getting my tattoo done.
We all realize that not everyone is a Star Wars fan but a lot are aware of the imagery and characters. Bobafrett, do you have to explain the Imperial logo to a lot of people or are most able to guess that it's at least from Star Wars?

bobafrett
09-15-2003, 12:34 PM
We all realize that not everyone is a Star Wars fan but a lot are aware of the imagery and characters. Bobafrett, do you have to explain the Imperial logo to a lot of people or are most able to guess that it's at least from Star Wars?

Some are aware of what the Imperial Logo is, but the writing underneath is what I get the most questions on. Most say "What is that?" to which I reply "It's my Stormtrooper ID# done in aurabesh".

Well, I found out that my son might be coming back to live with me, so I may have to put any more tattoo's on the back burner for now. I want to get a Stormtrooper wearing a Cubs jersey to combine my favorite movie with my favorite sports team.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-15-2003, 05:24 PM
I actually know the guy who has this tatoo:

http://lortaphanble.phpwebhosting.com/arkiv/images_sw_single/thm_TimAlliance.jpg

He's in my local Star Wars collector club. The 2 aurabesh(sp?) words are the names of his wife and daughter.

JediTricks
09-15-2003, 08:36 PM

http://lortaphanble.phpwebhosting.com/arkiv/images_sw_single/thm_TimAlliance.jpg

He's in my local Star Wars collector club. The 2 aurabesh(sp?) words are the names of his wife and daughter.
Boy, I sure hope one of those women in his life spells it "Caterina". :D I've never heard of it spelled that way before. "Julia" seems normal enough. ;)

Dar' Argol
09-15-2003, 09:00 PM

Hmmm . . . so lets see if I know my Aurek-Besh. The letters are a little varied though, but is it:

Katerina
and
Jusia

???

darthvyn
09-16-2003, 01:54 PM
a few of those are great, but most look REALLY BAD!!!!

there's also one of megatron in the transformers pages that looks like it was scratched over a drawing by a four year old! yikes!

JediTricks
09-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Geez DA, your Aurebesh is terrible, it's Caterina & Julia. :D

And you can tell it's a "C" and not a "K" because the symbol for "K" looks like a backwards "C" (or like this: ])which is not what we're seeing in the pic.

Exhaust Port
09-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Nerd alert.. ;)

Dar' Argol
09-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Geez DA, your Aurebesh is terrible, it's Caterina & Julia. :D

And you can tell it's a "C" and not a "K" because the symbol for "K" looks like a backwards "C" (or like this: ])which is not what we're seeing in the pic.

I'm a little out of practice . . . sue me :crazed:. And that was suppose to be Julia . . . why it came out Jusia I really don't know . . . . not enough sleep I guess . . . .

Posted by Exhaust Port
Nerd alert..

Nahhhhh, Its called BOREDOM!!!!