PDA

View Full Version : There is a new hope (for '03 figures that is)

RooJay
09-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Wow! I had long ago become frustrated with the fact that I was finding it next to impossible to find any of the 2003 Saga product. It didn't seem like Hasbro really cared about parting me with my money anymore like they did back in the good old days when you could go to the store and actually find new toys that you didn't already have!
Although I was not at all happy with the notion of missing out on a big chunk of Star Wars figures, I was fully prepared for the possibility that I would never own most of this year's stuff for anything resembling suggested retail price.
This past month and a half or so have really made a difference! For the first half of the year I could find nothing. Then, all of the sudden, stuff started showing up on the pegs! Frikkin' amazing!
In this past six or seven weeks alone, I have managed to locate just about everything that has been released (or so Hasbro has always claimed) this year! Here's a list of what I've found (and continue to see on shelves in most cases) just to give you an idea:

Aayla Secura
Anakin (Secret Ceremony)
Ashla and Jempa
Barriss Offee
Boba Fett (Pit of Carkoon)
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
Dannl Faytonni
Darth Tyrannus (Geonosian Escape)
Darth Vader (Throne Room)
Han Solo (Hoth Rescue)
Imperial Officer (re-release)
Jedi Research Droids
Lama Su w/Clone Youth
Luke (Throne Room)
Obi-Wan (Acklay Battle)
Padme (Droid Factory)
Padme (Secret Ceremony)
Rebel Fleet Trooper (re-release. Both versions)
Snowtrooper
Tusken Raider (Camp Ambush)
Wat Tambor
Yoda and Chian

plus...
BOTH Geonosian War Room 3-packs
BOTH Jedi Council 3-packs
Clone Trooper 3-packs (both white and blue)
Jedi Army 3-pack
Anakin w/Swoop Bike
Imperial Forces gift set

...and the following items I actually passed on for various reasons-
Mace Windu (Total Control)
Kay-Bee exclusive TIE Fighter
Count Dooku w/Speeder Bike
Darth Sidious Unleashed
Luke Unleashed
Obi-Wan Unleashed
Droid Army 3-packs (would've bought it already if it was all regular Battle Droids)
Destroyer Droid Launcher
Ultimate Bounty Hunter gift set
and all of the re-releases (ie. Saga carded Teebo, Eeth Koth, C-3PO, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Darth Maul, etc.)

That means that the only items from this year that I have yet to have found in the last couple months are Coleman Trebor, Emperor Palpatine (Throne Room), Achk Med-Beq, WA-7, and any others of the very latest releases that I don't know about yet.

My point is that there is still hope. Take heart my friends, if there is something you have yet not found - do not fret. It truly does seem that all of the stuff we have lately not been able to find on the pegs is finally making it's way out there! :happy:

jedi master sal
09-11-2003, 05:33 PM
This is exactly what some of us have been saying for months now!

It may take time, but be patient. We all know the distribution woes, but eventually, in general, everything is found.

Yes, I'm still fretting ove the Clonetropper 3-pack, but I just found a Yoda Clone Wars fig (The single one), that I did not expect. So, I imagine I'll be finding the rest of the CW figs real soon.

Good Find Roojay. Continued success.

According to another thread, Wal*Mart of all palces is now getting the Bonus pack CW figs, so there you go.

Things may finally be turning around for the general populace. I felt bad when I'd post when I found something new, earlier this year. We shouldn't feel bad nor others be angry at people who have the fortune of finding new toys. be happy for them and know that it will be your turn sometime (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Wow Roojay, you passed on the Dooku w/speeder? And the Unleashed?

I'm surprised to hear that.

RooJay
09-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Wow Roojay, you passed on the Dooku w/speeder? And the Unleashed?

I'm surprised to hear that.

It's all about the benjamins my friend, or lack thereof to be precise. :(

Kidhuman
09-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Stuff has finally started to show up in my area. After 9 months I say it was about time. Iam glad I didnt resort to high prices on ebay and e-tailers. I just bought vintage stuff instead at those prices.

Val Da Car
09-11-2003, 11:24 PM
only thing extra I picked up online were Imperial Officers cause they are awesome...

but today a Target near my work had the 2nd Cinema Scene wave and a fresh case filled with Padme (Geo Chase), Imperial Officer, Red Battle Droid and other related items....

This fills me with JOY...(just quoting Ren Hoek).....

RooJay
09-12-2003, 03:18 AM
I just noticed that this thread is in the wrong forum. Weird - I was certain I had opened this thread in the Saga forum where it belongs. :confused: Mod?