PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Yoda

JangoFeet
09-11-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm shocked. Utterly shocked. On my break today at work, Target by the way, I found a Clone Wars Yoda. Not just one, but 4...and an Arc Trooper.
I was just floored. I didn't even know they were out yet, let alone that Target would have anything remotely new. I expect hell to be freezing over any time now...

BTW the figure is pretty nice. He's got a ****** off expression, and he just looks like he's ready to kick some ***! His hover chair accesory is kinda dull though. Oh well, the package looks nice too...stands out amoung the rest of my collection.

plo koon 200
09-11-2003, 10:12 PM
I found them two days ago. I believe I was one of the first to get the non-value pack versions. The new Yoda is better than I thought. However when I first saw it on the net I thought Hasbro should have been embarassed of themselves, but with R2 factorty flight and Palpy. You can't complain much about the Yoda. OR maybe you can. Hasbro seems to be in a major regression this year.

darthzirock
09-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Shouldn't this be on the Clone Wars thread, not Saga???

Banthaholic
09-12-2003, 06:41 PM
My Target got 2 cases of these things in last Monday. I grabbed one of each. When I came back the next day they were pretty much gone.
I woulnd't have thunk it but they sold 8 Anakins in a day, wow!

darthzirock
09-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Has anyone else noticed the paint error on the Clone Wars Yoda's lightsaber? Only the bottom 2/3 of the handle is painted. The top 1/3 (near the blade) is left unpainted. At least, that's how the one I have is, and so were all the ones in the Clone Wars Value Packs at my local Wal-Mart today.

tagmac
09-14-2003, 04:34 PM
I found a Yoda and two Anakins in KB today, but I left them. They didn't have any ARC Troopers, and since I already pre-ordered them from Entertainment Earth, it was useless to only get the two.

Darth Cruel
09-15-2003, 11:30 PM
have stocked and restocked the CW figures already. What I was stoked about was them FINALLY stocking the Yoda/Chian wave. I completely missed out on them until about 2 weeks ago when they started popping up. The 12" Lando wave is starting to warm the pegs here as well. I figured they would eventually make a long and drawn-out appearance. Now we just need the 12" Plo Koon.

plasticfetish
09-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Found Yoda today and I like it quite a bit.
One of the coolest looking Yodas I think, and the Hoverchair is a great stand.

aceguide
09-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Found all three of this first round at KB (Ani, Arc & Yoda). I must say that they look great. I look forward to seeing more of these clone wars figures.

I still can't believe I already have thes. Recently bumped into Boba, Chewie, Han (finally :crazed: ) but have yet to see the yoda & younglings...

Jaff
09-19-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry to say that I passed on all of the Clone Wars figs, even the ARC trooper. The Anakin looked totally accessorized and although had a great expression he didn't move money out of my pocket.

JediTricks
09-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed the paint error on the Clone Wars Yoda's lightsaber? Only the bottom 2/3 of the handle is painted. The top 1/3 (near the blade) is left unpainted. At least, that's how the one I have is, and so were all the ones in the Clone Wars Value Packs at my local Wal-Mart today.
I saw that at Target the other day as well, I think whoever designed the saber handle was using the Hasbro role-play version as the basis and didn't realize until too late that it was wrong.

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-20-2003, 11:09 AM
yeah mine has the handle thing off also... the only thing that dissapoints me about this figure is the lack of articulation in the legs...

darthzirock
09-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Okay, I've had to return two Clone Wars Yodas now because when you put his feet on the pegs of the hoverchair, the pegs snap off! :mad: Nice design flaw, Hasbro! What's next, lightsabers that are only partly painted? Oh, wait, you've already done that, too--with this very same figure!

plasticfetish
09-20-2003, 04:23 PM
... the only thing that dissapoints me about this figure is the lack of articulation in the legs...
Yeah, but at least he has (2) legs.

DarthChuckMc
09-20-2003, 06:08 PM
What's next, lightsabers that are only partly painted? Oh, wait, you've already done that, too--with this very same figure!

If you find another partially painted handle one on a MINT card I'll take it!

Hasbro said that it was an error that escaped out of the factory before it was caught.

I'd gladly take one if you find another ;)

BoShek
09-21-2003, 09:05 PM
I hate figures that are errors. So what. Someone made a mistake. :stupid:

evenflow
09-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Well i saw the figures for the first time yesterday. And i have to say passed on all of them. (No Durge figure though, probably would have picked him up) Did not like anything they had.

tagmac
09-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Picked up mine today....KB had a bunch of them today, including several ARC Troopers. My Yoda came with handle completely painted, and I have to admit, the ARC Trooper looks niiiice! Got one of each, so there were still several left over.

Hellboy
09-23-2003, 07:28 PM
I got my CW figures last week but was waiting until I found the Value Packs to get my opener. So now that I've opened him I must say I'm not to impressed. First off I know Yoda has his limitations because of his size and all but no articulation except for the standard arms and head movement is nothing to get excited about IMO. You would think some wrist articulation would be a no-brainer for a figure who weilds a lightsaber. Sure he has 2 legs instead of the 1 we're used to but they don't move and the stand is about as exciting as every other chair or stand that accompanies almost every Yoda figure in the past. Overall I expected more but for $2.50 I really can't complain.

JEDIpartner
09-24-2003, 10:09 AM
I, too, was surprsised at the limited articulation of this figure. After having masterfully executed a rather good Yoda with the Yoda/Chian pack, you would have thought that Hasblah would have put that much care into this one. The CLONE WARS line is quite clearly for kids if you base your opinion of it on this figure alone. Thankfully, I have the Anakin and ARC Trooper to prove otherwise. Both figures have great articulation with ball-jointed shoulders and great detailing. Too bad none of that attention was put into Yoda. :(

darthzirock
10-16-2003, 10:48 AM
OK, after picking up my Clone Wars Value Pack Yoda w/ Clone Trooper Officer a few weeks back, my local TRU got in the single-carded figures (Anakin, ARC Trooper, Yoda). Of the six Yodas on the pegs, all had the lightsaber paint error! However, I've been wanting the single-carded versions of these figures anyway, so I shelled out the $15 for one of each. Hopefully, since I'm seeing reports of the corrected lightsaber version hitting shelves, I'll find one before too long. Then again, NC is notorious for getting everything after the rest of the country, if we ever get it at all! :mad:

darthzirock
10-20-2003, 02:29 AM
I got my CW figures last week but was waiting until I found the Value Packs to get my opener. So now that I've opened him I must say I'm not to impressed. First off I know Yoda has his limitations because of his size and all but no articulation except for the standard arms and head movement is nothing to get excited about IMO. You would think some wrist articulation would be a no-brainer for a figure who weilds a lightsaber. Sure he has 2 legs instead of the 1 we're used to but they don't move and the stand is about as exciting as every other chair or stand that accompanies almost every Yoda figure in the past. Overall I expected more but for $2.50 I really can't complain.

Ah, but CW Yoda also has waist articulation! So, he can do The Twist with Jedi Master Chub'hi Chekkar! :crazed:

Also, what's all this nonsense about Yoda having two legs instead of just one? Hasn't he always had two legs??? I seem to recall him having two legs in all previous Kenner/Hasbro incarnations. If he was missing a leg previously, is the new one a prosthetic? And, does that qualify him for a handicapped parking permit for his hoverchair?

plasticfetish
10-20-2003, 04:38 AM
I seem to recall him having two legs in all previous Kenner/Hasbro incarnations.
For the most part, I think it's always seemed like one big leg with two little feet.

About the only thing that I might have liked done differently is some ball socket shoulders on the CW Yoda.

The Yoda w/ Chian was a disappointment to me. The articulation on that figure was pointless ... arms folded or arms looking like they should be folded. Not to mention the ... "Hey are those two separate legs? Oh no, they've glued them together." He's all soft and rubbery and he feels like he's gonna fall apart (the hand came off on mind a few times.) His face is ugly and indented looking. The cape is fixed in a "sitting" position ... a cloth cape would have made this one way better I think. What else? Oh yeah, his hair is painted with what looks like Pop-tart frosting on mine ... sloppy.

Clone Wars Yoda is one of the best that we've gotten in my opinion. (Could always be better, but not much.)

JetsAndHeels
10-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Then again, NC is notorious for getting everything after the rest of the country, if we ever get it at all! :mad:

Amen to that brother!!
I have seen the CW Yoda here too, but haven't picked him up yet. I probably will though since he looks like a pretty decent piece. I already have the Anakin and I am fairly pleased with him.

JediTricks
10-21-2003, 12:11 AM
The Yoda w/ Chian was a disappointment to me. The articulation on that figure was pointless ... arms folded or arms looking like they should be folded.... He's all soft and rubbery and he feels like he's gonna fall apart (the hand came off on mind a few times.) His face is ugly and indented looking. The cape is fixed in a "sitting" position ... a cloth cape would have made this one way better I think. What else? Oh yeah, his hair is painted with what looks like Pop-tart frosting on mine ... sloppy.I actually like the elbows and right hand being articulated here, I've found some good "pointing" poses and the left arm straightened holds his overgrown cape back some. Except for the right hand, mine doesn't feel soft or rubbery, but that hand doesn't want to stay in place at all. I like the face, I think it's a good sculpt, better than uber-angry Saga Yoda and that creepy Ep1-repaint. I totally agree with you on the cape, that thing is a disappointment. His hair seemed sloppy to me too at first, but the closer I looked, the better it got.

The mono-leg thing is getting annoying on these Yoda figures, it's a real shame. I think this is something Hasbro needs to get right soon, also they should find a way to give him a ball-jointed/universal-jointed neck.

plasticfetish
10-21-2003, 12:41 AM
... I've found some good "pointing" poses and the left arm straightened holds his overgrown cape back some.
You know, now that you point that out ... and I've tried it, that's pretty cool. I think on mine, it's the joints that are really loose. I suppose there's no getting around the fact that they have to use the softer plastic on little parts like that. May be why CW Yoda's made of harder plastic (seems like it to me anyway) 'cause his arms can't come apart and be swallowed ... by that one toy swallowing kid that ruins it for the rest of the world.

Hellboy
10-21-2003, 10:31 PM
May be why CW Yoda's made of harder plastic (seems like it to me anyway) 'cause his arms can't come apart and be swallowed ... by that one toy swallowing kid that ruins it for the rest of the world.

Hey man......thats not funny I knew that kid. :dead:

;)