PDA

View Full Version : New Falcon

BFett88
09-12-2003, 01:46 AM
I just read at fbtb, that on the back of the cloud city box that, geat ready for this. A redesign of the Millennium Falcon. I never picked up the original and it is going for $400 on ebay. I cant wait. Unfortunately
they didn't have a picture.

JediTricks
09-12-2003, 04:40 AM
Wow, I'll have to keep an eye out for this!!! I really like mine and all, but it could definitely use some improvement.

aceguide
09-12-2003, 10:19 AM
PLEASE let it be true.

Sweden
09-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks to “DoubleT” over at the “From Bricks to Bothans” forum there’s now two pictures available of the new “Millennium Falcon”, set number 4504, scanned from the backside of the “10123 Cloud City” box that shows the new set rather clearly and in detail as well so enjoy.

Read about the new “Millennium Falcon” in this post.

New Millennium Falcon pictures Here!!!

http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4643.top ic

Or go directly to the pictures.

Picture no. 1:

http://www.doublet.dk/Lego/mf1.jpg

Picture no. 2:

http://www.doublet.dk/Lego/mf2.jpg

Well, in my very own humble opinion this new set of the “Millennium Falcon” truly is a waste improvement of the original 7190 set that were a good damn awful creation and my guess is that that most people will be pleased with the new release and I’ll buy it next year.

By the way… The release date seems to be 01/08/2004.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

aceguide
09-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Thanks for passing the news along Sweden. Big day for legos!

This Falcon looks great. I read the thread at FBTB and it sounds like a superior set. I am soooo happy I did not cave in and pay the premium for the older version!

Battle Droid
09-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Hmmm, it looks a little small.

LusiferSam
09-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Its a little hard to tell from that picture, but it looks like the new version might be a little bigger. And the landing gear looks as if it might be retraceable (which would be a great improvement). I'll wait for a better photo(s) and Lego's description before passing judgment. In any case I will be getting one.

bobafrett
09-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Sweet! Although I did get the original, this will make a very welcome addition to my collection! Providing I'm not broke by then.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-13-2003, 01:37 PM
I never got the OG MF due to lack of $ but I hope to get this one if the price is around $50 or so. The pic looks like it has only two minifigs inlcuded, Chewie and possibly Bespin Han, but hopefully there are more. This version of the MF looks like it'll be geared more toward ESB, like the first one was for ANH, but I'm hoping it'll come with a Ben minifig since the only one that was ever made, I believe, came with the 1999 Landspeeder. A Leia fig would be nice because up to the Jabba's Palace set the only way to get one is shelling out $$$$ for the OG MF or the Cloud City set.

JediBoulton
09-16-2003, 10:58 AM
BAD NEWS GUYS -- Falcon was just a "Teaser" until August!!

Man -- I was getting my mouth all watery and my stomach was groweling and my tail was wagging ---

and they took my bone away from me :mad:

That is just Cruel -- but we ARE getting a new Falcon :D

Mandalorian Candidat
09-16-2003, 08:36 PM
So I guess the dating on the pic from www.fbtb.net is in the European fashion with the day first then the month. I guess we have no one to blame but our ignorance...

Maybe now prices for the OG MF will drop on ebay for a while with this revealed "date change."

BFett88
09-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Here a link to a new pic of the falcon. It is much clearer. It looks like the falcon will come with a snow trooper with an e-wep blaster. The set looks alot better than the first and about the same size.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Just was over at rebelscum looking at the picture. Pretty sweet. The discussion on those boards is that this will be a Hoth Escape MF. With a Han, Chewie, and Snowtrooper the other two should be Hoth Leia and another threepio. fbtb said there would be at least one odd or unguessable minifig. If the Snowie isn't it then what would it be?

BFett88
09-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Could there be a mynock with it???????

JediTricks
09-19-2003, 01:37 AM
I put up pics of this set today in the SSG news: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29597

Set looks great, but I'm pretty sure it's considerably smaller than the original one based on the size of the mandibles. However, what we're trading in size, we're clearly making up in accuracy. Reminds me a little of the Hagrid's Hut set from the Harry Potter line. LEGO has no other details on this set except the set number and when it's coming out right now, but I'm trying to get more as it comes.

I'm glad to see ESB Han in jacket here, way cooler than just another vest-wearing Han minifig.

JediBoulton
09-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Just was over at rebelscum looking at the picture. Pretty sweet. The discussion on those boards is that this will be a Hoth Escape MF. With a Han, Chewie, and Snowtrooper the other two should be Hoth Leia and another threepio. fbtb said there would be at least one odd or unguessable minifig. If the Snowie isn't it then what would it be?

How about a "Battle Damage Luke" -- It looks like the Falcon will have fold out roof panals -- it would be GREAT if you could use your new LANDO figure to rescue LUKE from Cloud City. I am liking this model a little more everyday :D

LusiferSam
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Physical it might be small (I'm not sure the mandibles are a great way to judge size), but the set might be lager. The way whole thing is constructed is radically different and the pieces add up. As for mini-figures, I love to a Hoth Leia or Bespin Luke with this one. I don't think we are likely to see a battle damaged Luke from Lego. But this being as EBS Falcon Lego should have Chewie, Bespin Hoth, a Hoth Leia and C-3PO. The Snowtrooper is a nice touch.

genericclone99
09-26-2003, 10:20 AM
How about a "Battle Damage Luke" -- It looks like the Falcon will have fold out roof panals -- it would be GREAT if you could use your new LANDO figure to rescue LUKE from Cloud City. I am liking this model a little more everyday :D

They could do it like Peter Parker's head in the Spidey sets, so we get battle damaged and normal versions of luke. Turn his hed around, bamf, he's all gored up. I like it.