PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Johnnys.

scruffziller
09-12-2003, 06:30 AM
RIP
Johnny Cash
John Ritter, very underrated actor. He was great in Sling Blade.

Trip J
09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die."

That was one of my favorite lines in any song ever!

A real shame. Johnny Cash will go down as one of the most influential musicians of all time. The Man in Black will be missed.

mabudonicus
09-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Deadly.... RIP to both... I'd heard that Cash was just released from hospital a day or two ago... that's sad...
And John Ritter??? Well, at least Mr Furley can stop hiding in the hallway or behind the bathroom door!!!
Oddly the only Johnny I expected to be listed here wasn't.....

JEDIpartner
09-12-2003, 08:10 AM
:cry:

Well... there they go. Two more pop icons lost to the beyond.

I have a largely black wardrobe and people constantly ask me if I'm a Johnny Cash fan... I am.

Kidhuman
09-12-2003, 08:13 AM
2 huge losses. RIP John squared

Exhaust Port
09-12-2003, 08:35 AM
At least both have left us great bodies of artist work that will live on for years. I really liked John Ritter's new show too.

Rest in Peace

scruffziller
09-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Who might that be? Carson?

James Boba Fettfield
09-12-2003, 09:34 AM
It's sad to see another Highwayman and outlaw pass on. Waylon, June, and now Johnny have left us. I hope Willie and Kris don't have any exits from the world anytime soon. This \m/ is for you, Johnny Cash.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2003, 09:54 AM
May the original "Man in Black" rest in peace. :zzz:
I couldn't believe John Ritter passed on as well. That's just nuts, i really didn't see that one coming. It's a shame because he's been an icon for years and he was just once again conquering the TV realm with his new sitcom. And as goofy as it may sound, that movie "Stay Tuned" always cracked me up as a kid. Especially that scene with him as Prince, that was hilarious.

RIP John's to the second power.

DarthBrandon
09-12-2003, 11:40 AM
I used to watch Three's Company with my mother and my father was a huge Johnny Cash fan, you could always hear that playing in the house when I was a kid. RIP in piece to two great performers, J.C. and J.L.

El Chuxter
09-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Johnny Cash was the only person inducted into the Rock & Roll, Country Music, and Songwriters Hall of Fame. That says an awful lot. The man was a musical genius, and he had possibly the greatest singing voice in rock history. (And, yes, I am keeping Elvis and Roy Orbison in mind here.)

Rest in peace, Johnny. There are so many great lines about death and Heaven in your repertoire I could use as an epitath, but if I chose just one then it would seem to slight the others.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-12-2003, 01:25 PM
:zzz: Both were great entertainers. I will surely miss both.

dr_evazan22
09-12-2003, 02:49 PM
I had my parents over on Sun and we watched JC's Hurt video and then listened to his album. A true loss, both of them.

BoShek
09-12-2003, 08:59 PM
I can't believe Ritter passed away. I loved his new show (especially Amy Davidson) and 3's. Shocking. :cry: :cry: Sort of like when John Candy died.

Johhny was a little older and his wife passed not too long ago but still :cry:

I'm a huge Soundgarden fan and when he did "Rusty Cage" I was so strange but amazing. They played that song today on the one TV channel when they announced it. It was great.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-12-2003, 11:21 PM

Might that be the Pope in Rome who's time on Earth is very limited from what I hear?

Or Johnny Carson, who if you believe the National Enquirer's photo credibility, looks like he is death warmed over.

John Ritter's death suprised all of us. It turns out he had a heart condition that went undetected. I believe his heart valve seperated from his aorta and he bled to death internally. What a way to go.

Johnny Cash hung onto his life for a long time, considering the years of bad health he had been. Now he and June are united in death. I love many of Johnny's songs, my favorites include "Wanted Man" "Cocaine Blues" and "Ring of Fire." Hurt, the video he released this year, should have won Best Video of the Year at the VMAs. It was a crock that he didn't, considering how poignant the video was. Forgot a VMA, an Oscar would have been applicable for a touching video like his.

mabudonicus
09-13-2003, 08:51 AM
Yes, I meant Carson, whose death, IIRC I have heard about several times..... Sorry to derail the well wishing.

bobafrett
09-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Mr. Cash, may you be reunited in peace with your wife.

Mr. Ritter, what a shock, way to young to depart this Earth.

Go out and live everyday like it's your last, because it just may be.