PDA

View Full Version : Pabs really got the ball rolling...

Imperial Monarche
09-12-2003, 11:42 AM
If you have read any information about what Pabs said in his chat the other night, it was mentioned that Han Solo would not be in Ep. III and that squashed a bunch of theories about Rohan Nichol's (sp?) character, which some thought he would play a young han since he was reported to be hired for his resemblence to a young captain from the OT. So, who does he play now? I personally think it's going to be Tarkin but others have thought Captain Antillies.

plo koon 200
09-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Captain Antilles.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2003, 12:08 PM
At least he won't be the template for Han's clone. That would be so stupid. Hopefully, he's Antilles or Madine or someone like that.

Jargo
09-13-2003, 08:56 AM
What does this guy look like?

DarthChuckMc
09-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Here's Rohan Nichol for ya EJ.

Pendo
09-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Here's something I posted a while back comparing Rohan Nichol to some characters in the OT. IMO I really can't see him as a younger Tarkin. There are a few Tarkin elements to him, but it just doesn't feel right.
He seems to have similar eyes and mouth to General Veers but the nose is all wrong!
I can deffo see him as a Wedge Antilles, quit a bit to resemble there.
I can't really see him as General Madine though.

How about a young Yarna D'al Gargan? :crazed::p

PENDO!

The 'Xir
09-13-2003, 02:36 PM
well, looking at those pics I'd have to put my vote in for Madine!

tagmac
09-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Pendo, forgive me if you already know this, but Captain Antilles is the guy Vader chokes to death in ANH.....Wedge is a completely different character, and too young to appear at that age in Ep. III.

Might be interesting to see a young Captain Antilles in Ep. III, but what importance does he really have other than being the Droids previous master in ANH? I think it's more likely he'll play the young Tarkin.

Pendo
09-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Pendo, forgive me if you already know this, but Captain Antilles is the guy Vader chokes to death in ANH.....Wedge is a completely different character, and too young to appear at that age in Ep. III.Yes I'm aware of that, but there were rumours that his "resemblance" may not necessarily mean he is the character he resembles, but his father. I put the Wedge picture in there to see if he has a Wedge resemblance, so he could possibly be his father.

PENDO!

Jargo
09-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Physically he most resembles Dermot Crowley. A yonger madine maybe but i don't really consider madine to be important in the larger scheme of things. Antilles however appeared in George's first drafts of star wars under a different name. he piloted a ship used by the heroes that sort of became the Millenium falcon and the Tantive IV. At this point in time it would be more prudent to tie ANH in with ep3 so I'm voting on Antilles. We hardly gert to see his face in ANH but if he's been piloting the Tantive of furtive missions for the rebel alliance and the Imperials had had some sort of run in with them before then Antilles would be blackmarked by the Imperials. I see Antilles being something akin to a getaway driver for Padme and Obi-Wan. His role would be something like that of Ric Olie piloting the large ship out of battle and danger and the scene being just one more echo of another movie the way George likes to do it.
This could also be why we're getting an Antilles action figure as well. To help boost his profile. Theory only.

Pendo
09-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Don't know why I never thought of this before! Perhaps Rohan's character will be Garven Dreis (Red Leader, ANH). There is a cut line from A New Hope (which I think was in the novelisation, but not sure) in which Red Leader tells Luke "I met your father once when I was just a boy, he was a great pilot. You'll do all right. If you've got half of your father's skill, you'll do better than all right."

I've always wanted that line to be back in ANH as I felt it gave a little bit of history to the character, and emotion when he dies at Luke's loss of opportunity to ask about his father. Perhaps the young Captain in Episode III is Garven Dreis and flys along side Anakin in the opening space battle. Ok so Rohan isn't a 'young boy', but with technology these days that line could easily be changed, or it could be written in that they first met when he was young. Hopefully the line will be restored for the Archival Edition :)!

PENDO!

scruffziller
09-28-2003, 11:47 AM
The guy looks alot like Ewan Mcgregor and since Ewan and the guy who played Wedge are cousins(I think), yea Wedge

Pendo
09-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Denis Lawson is actually Ewan's uncle, but that is a good theory and a possibility :). Good thinking :).

PENDO!