PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Holographic Nute Gunray?

Jayspawn
11-26-2001, 03:04 PM
I though this was a pretty cool looking figure when I saw a picture of it forever ago. And he'd be great for setting up in scenes. Where is he? Release it!

Bring it on Hasbro!

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-26-2001, 04:32 PM
it most likely got canceled because it was going to be one like holographic maul or qui-gonn...but they sold like a lead balloon so i don't think they will do it...sorry...

Fulit
11-26-2001, 05:48 PM
I'm sure someone will sell some prototypes or something of it on Ebay one day for way too much. Which is too bad, because I really wanted one too.

Beast
11-26-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
it most likely got canceled because it was going to be one like holographic maul or qui-gonn...but they sold like a lead balloon so i don't think they will do it...sorry...

Nope, it wasn't meant to be part of the Wal-Mart exclusive line of Holographic figures, it was actually meant for the standard E1 line, and be articulated like the Hologram Sidious. Sadly the retail stores said they wouldnt order anymore waves with female, gungan, or Neimodian charecters in them. Which led to the glut of main charecter re-sculpts.

Hopefully one day we will see it released, along with Lott Dod and the other figures that were in planning stages at the time of E1's line ending. We've already luckily seen the Gungan Warrior, Sabe: Queen's Decoy and Shmi Skywalker, so anything is possible.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
11-27-2001, 03:15 AM
Holo nute is exaclt the same figure as the 1st one only in clear see through blue plastic :) An easy custom really :)

snakeplkn
11-27-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Sadly the retail stores said they wouldnt order anymore waves with female, gungan, or Neimodian charecters in them. Which led to the glut of main charecter re-sculpts.

Jar Jar, I'm just curious where you get your information. Any particular place/website? I mainly stick to sirsteve's and I don't remember reading about that news.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Mandalorian Candidat
11-27-2001, 03:04 PM
I believe SSG had some kind of rumor about the Holo Nute a while back, probably before the demise of the line.

I can remember (* in best old-fart voice *) waaay back when SSG had the whole EP1 line listed and included Lott Dodd. I wonder what happened to that one.

Beast
11-28-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
Jar Jar, I'm just curious where you get your information. Any particular place/website? I mainly stick to sirsteve's and I don't remember reading about that news.

The news was reported a while back, I don't recall which collecting website had the info, It may have been SSG as well as a few others. Some of the old timers like GNT and Tycho and a few others should remember it, it was a year or so ago.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks