PDA

View Full Version : girl help!

Pages : [1] 2

hango fett
09-12-2003, 09:38 PM
ello all. i have some girl issues that i think some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help me with. okay. there is this really nice, pretty, and sweet girl i have know for a while. just yesterday i asked her for a ride to school. she said yes. of course, i was extremly thrilled at this. after school she gave me a ride home and we talked a bit about stuff. she seems to like me, but not like me, like me. any advise out there? i just want her to like me more. and i have had a huge crush on her since i meet her. please help!
hango

Ghost of Tom Joad
09-12-2003, 09:57 PM
All you can do is tell her how you feel and leave the decision to her. If she only wants to be friends, don't push the issue, because that only works in movies and love songs.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Well, find some Tusken Raiders and slaughter them without mercy....that seemed to work for Anakin. Or if you want, we can get some Ohio collectors to stage a mock kidnapping and there she'll have no choice but to love you. Once again, it worked for Anakin. Plus, if this chick is the kind of girl who LOVES the crazy "I'm going to kill everybody and then stop people from dying" sorta dude, you're so in!! ;)

Honestly though, you said it yourself that she doesn't, "like like you" as in the romantic sense, so the only thing you could prolly do is just keep being friends with her. Plus, how long have you known her? If it's not for too long, don't jump the gun here on anything. If you've known her for a while, odds are you two might have a good friendship, which could lead to something romantic sometime. Patience, grasshopper. If you "try to get a girl to like you," odds are you'll do something wacky and come off all wrong. Play it cool, hotshot. :D

InsaneJediGirl
09-12-2003, 10:03 PM
If a girl really doesnt seem into Hango she's either 1) telling the truth or 2) playing hard to get and testing the field.Probably the first,so just be yourself and try to be a gentleman :)

2-1B
09-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Yeah, sorry Hango, but I think you're pretty screwed here, buddy. :(
One she gets her meathooks into you as a "friend", you're doomed.
From now one, whenever you try to make a move . . . of romantic implications . . . she'll either naively pass it off as you goofing around OR she'll get really offended that you would mortgage your wonderful friendship just for the chance of getting in her pants.

So like I said, I think you're in a lose-lose situation.

But yeah, if you can handle just the friend thing like Ghosty said up there, then go for it. :)

Good luck ! ! !

Anakin2121
09-12-2003, 10:10 PM
Caesar's got it down pat!!!

You see....to a girl, she can have multiple platonic guy friends. However, for most guys, whenever a girl so much as talks to him he automatically thinks "Someone that wants to sleep with me!"

In fact, there's really only 3 ways a guy can be friends with a girl without ultimately wanting to romance her.

1.) The guy's dated the girl in the past and is content to just be friends with her. (I.E., Jerry and Elaine's relationship on Seinfeld)

2.) There's something about the girl that makes her somehow "Undateable."

3.) The guy's married and/or already has a girlfriend that's in some way "better" than the girl in question.

So anyway, Hango, try to be her friend, and don't bust a move too quickly or it will freak her out. However, try as hard as you can to get to know her better, and try to be a mere friend to her as long as you can. Your day will come... :D

Ghost of Tom Joad
09-12-2003, 10:16 PM
........Forget everything I said before. What you really need to do is listen to a bunch of Springsteen albums, like Tunnel of Love and Human Touch and hound her untill she eventually falls head over heels for you..... or her dad, brother or boyfriend beats the crap out of you.

you and me we were the pretenders..............

2-1B
09-12-2003, 10:23 PM
. . . we let it all slip away . . . in the end what you don't surrender, well the world just strips away. :(

So anyway, Hango, try to be her friend, and don't bust a move too quickly or it will freak her out. However, try as hard as you can to get to know her better, and try to be a mere friend to her as long as you can. Your day will come... :D

"yes, yes, to DeadEye you listen - save you it can!"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2003, 10:23 PM
"If you choose to face her, you must do it alone, i cannot interfere" :D

Rogue II
09-12-2003, 10:29 PM
What GoTJ is saying is that everybody's got a hungry heart. Try taking her down to the river to do some dancing in the dark. Need directions? From the streets of Philadelphia, take Thunder Road. With any luck, you will end up in the Secret Garden. If you take a wrong turn somewhere, you will end up in the Badlands, but don't worry, you will soon return to glory days.

Ahem...

Anyway, hango fett, I've been in your position a couple times myself. I was pretty oblivious when it came to women. The first girl and I were friends for a year or two. When I asked her out, she wasn't really interested in a relationship, but we remained friends. The other girl...well I guess kind of dated for a while, but we ended up becoming good friends.

Anyway, you are young, if she says no, there will be other women. Sure, it may hurt for a while, but you will get over it in time. If she says yes, congrats, bub.:D

CloneTrooperMace
09-12-2003, 11:26 PM
There's not much from me, I don't date.What do you do when you are on a date?Do you take her any were?

-CTM-

P.S-Hello DeadEye

EricRG
09-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Be yourself. Be honest. Be nice. Have no expectations.

QLD
09-13-2003, 01:12 AM
Oh NoooooooooOOOOOoooo.....I'm in the FRIEND ZONE!!!!!

To quote the great Young MC...

"You run over there without a second to lose....
And what comes next, you bust a move!"

Listen to a bunch of Chicago songs, that'll cheer you up! :D

In all seriousness....if you actually want to date her, tell her now, before it's too late. The longer you wait = the lower the odds of you sealing the deal.

hango fett
09-13-2003, 07:44 AM
thanks guys (and girls). well, it's my junior year in high school and i have yet to have a girlfreind. ever. i have know her (her name is Heather) since 8th grade when she moved here. and it's not really about "getting in her pants" it's more about just being with her and possibly kissing her once. then take it from there. i think i should just keep getting rides from heather to and from school, and build on the realationship from there. oh, and as a nice jester, i gave her 2 bucks for gas money. she said i didn't have to do it but i said i wanted to. she said ok in a good tone, not like "i don't need your money." anyways, if i can get a picture of her anytime soon, i will post it here for everyone to gander at.
h

mabudonicus
09-13-2003, 10:12 AM
"a nice JESTER" ROFL!!!!!
Sorry, that's pretty dam funny man!!!
Anyways, boy I hated feeling the way you do right now, hango... it's kinda fun, I guess.... ah well, keep yer aspirations earnest and you should be fine....
I mean, no matter what, you got a ride to school with someone you like talking to, just so long as nothing you do sets you back from there... that would be my advice, always move forwards.... don't jeapordize (I'm sure that's wrong) what ya got until it's like one o'them movies where the guy can't STAND it anymore... then you can make your own mistake:D
\m/ Good Luck, watch yer step!!!

seth_quinn
09-13-2003, 10:39 AM
I think you're doing the right thing. don't push the issue too much yet.

take advantage of the opportunity to just talk to her during your rides back and forth to school. yeah, maybe she doesn't see you in a romantic way right now, but give her a chance to get to know you and maybe she will.

the fact that she offered you a ride and hung out a bit after leads me to beleive that there is some sort of interest there. look for a chance to spend some more time with her without making it feel like a date,

like if she says that she needs go shopping for something, mention that you need to pick up something too and suggest you go together. show at least some interest in whatever it is she's shopping for and for yourself, be sure to pick something that will interest her.

here are a few more tips:
if she's not talking about other guys around you, that's a good sign.
gigs can be your friend, something medium sized where you're standing smooshed together on the floor is perfect.
if you're out with friends, be attentive but not possessive.
look for chances of brief & non-threatening physical contact like helping her on with her coat (do something like smooth out the shoulders) this is also very gentlemanly which is also a good thing. don't forget to open doors and offer to carry things for her too.
there is one more plus to taking it slow, it's a bit of a downer but worth mentioning, taking the time to get to know her will reveal if she really is the person you have this giant crush on, finding out she's not will be very disappointing but you deciding she's not the one for you is better than throwing your heart out there in the first five minutes and having her decide she's not the one for you.

hope there's at least something in here of value.

good luck.

hango fett
09-13-2003, 11:44 AM
very good stuff, seth_quinn. i do play on taking it one step at a time. another obstacle i have to look out for is my dad. see, he is our chemistry teacher...and we both have my father in class at the same time. i don't sit near her, but i do in one of my computer classes. and she hasn't mentioned any guy to me yet, so i'm in the clear on that perspective.

it might be hard for me to not burst one of these days when she is giving me a ride to school and say "i love you" but i will hold my tounge as long as possible.

another possible advantage i might have is that most of the guys at my school are too much of show offs. i think that can be an advantage...? anyways, i just want to be near her for that 2 minutes it takes to get to school. i will be praying every night that she will be my first girlfreind one day.
wish me luck!
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-13-2003, 11:54 AM
yeah, Hango, that whole bursting out the "I love you", yeah, that's a bad idea. That will pretty much to something most likely awkward. Also, i remember you posting a pic of your "girlfriend" in the pic post, wasn't she a twin or something? Just curious, prolly none of my bidness, i was just thinking....

Also, yeah, when most guys try to "show-off" they come off as complete schmucks. So, play it cool, hot shot! good luck! :D

bobafrett
09-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Being as old as I am, I wish I had some advice for you. I have a son who is 12 now, and pretty soon I sense he'll be asking me for advice, or perhaps not. I've given up on dating, as I always end up getting my heart broken. This doesn't mean you should though. You are young, and there will be many young ladies in your life. Some are better suited to be "friends", just be careful out there.

If this doesn't make sense, well I was out late and up early, so my brain isn't up to full speed.

hango fett
09-13-2003, 12:31 PM
yeah...that girl, guyute, was another freind of mine...never really made it to boyfreind girlfreind..that was back in 2000. long time ago..
h

seth_quinn
09-13-2003, 03:33 PM
yup, gotta keep from saying that until she's full on girlfriend status and then some. perhaps the best advice ever?, if you can, wait until she says it first. if you say it too early you'll chase her away faster than satan with leprosy pointing a gun to her head.

showing off is no good but do show that you've got some skills at something (not videogames! if you can dance you're golden)

2 minutes? if she knows it's that short a trip and she's still offering the ride, she's lookin' for ways to spend time with you.

keep cool in chem class, computer class is where it's at, helping her during work time is one of those prime opp's to get in some of that close quartes casual contact, just make sure you're helping and not making her feel dumb. (yeah, juggling running chainsaws is sometimes easier than finding the right balance with a girl.)

keep us posted...

I don't think you should give up Frett, I think as you get older casual is the key, just live in the moment and the female company instead of diving in heart first. and don't worry about your son, I've read a bunch of your posts regarding your kids and you sound like pretty good dad to me so I'm sure he'll come to when the time comes and you'll know just what to tell him.

kool-aid killer
09-13-2003, 04:21 PM
I would have to say dont spend too much time thinking about her. To me that just breeds infatuation. And trust me, it hurts when it doesnt work out the way you want. If you really feel like she is interested in you i think you should tell her you like her and enjoy her company. You never know when another man will pop up and say what you wont. But dont say you love her. Thats corny. If you dont feel that way i think you may have to be content to just be friends with her. Good luck.

And to all of my fellow single forum members if you are desparate for a date or looking for a girlfriend please consider a girl who may not be up to societys standard of beauty. I cant stand to hear people (this isnt directed at anybody) who complain about not having a girlfriend yet dont want to give an "ugly" girl a chance.

hango fett
09-13-2003, 09:31 PM
my freind had the idea of just asking her to give me a ride for the rest of the year, since i won't have my liscence for another year. in computer class, she sits quite far from me and usually keeps to herself on the PC. but when somebody is done, we are alowwed to go back to our seats and chat the remainder of the time. there was one guy who talked to her before i could, but he got expelled. (YES!!!) so...my "playing feild" is open at the moment.
also, when i was at work today, i saw her drive by a few times. just seeing her makes my heart thump. i wish should would have come through so i could ask her isf she could give me a lift monday.

here is a test to see if she does show intrest in me...monday, i will stand on the corner of the street (like i did friday) and wait to see if she swings by and picks me up without asking. good idea?

oh, and when we were walking from the parking lot at the begging and end of school, she walked pretty much with me. she didn't seem to care if anyone saw us.

around x-mas time, if we aren't and "item" by then, i will give her a nice gift for x-mas. that should please her. but i talked to her on ICQ once about if she had ever had a boyfreind (yes) and she said the reason she dumped him was because he wanted to be just with her all the time and no one else. so this means she wants to be around her freinds.
whew! i talked enough (well, typed). my hands hurt...
more updates tomorrow after work if i see her again!
hango

EricRG
09-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Remember Hango, no expectations. It seems like you are already envisioning you two as bf/gf. Just aim to be good friends. Beware the word "love" until MUCH further down the road. When you do truly love somebody, it will be VERY easy to say and will not sound "corny". To me, as long as you are apprehensive about saying it, it's more infatuation than true love. If you two reach the point of being friends, it will progress naturally on its own. The happiest couples I've ever met always say one another are each others "best friend".

Don't worry about devising intricate schemes to "test" her. That is obviously not a "natural" action, and could seem that way to her. Just go with the flow and don't try so hard.

There are a ton of websites listing mannerisms girls will sometimes employ (conciously or not) that can be read as indications she may like you. Do a G:crazed::crazed:gle search.

A good thing to do to show her you like her (at this stage) is to bring her small gifts now and again. Not flowers (or that sort of bf/gf type gift) just yet, but things that she will like. It's different with each person, so you need to know some of her interests for this.

BUT- be sure not to be an "easy catch" for her. Girls like a guy who is a challenge to get. Don't do things with her EVERY time she asks. Be sure to continue to do the normal things you always do, like hanging out with other friends, without her.

Kidhuman
09-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah like Eric said small gifts, like an Ephant Mon. What girl doesnt want one of those :crazed:

EricRG
09-13-2003, 11:30 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That was hilarious, kidhuman! Well done.

mabudonicus
09-14-2003, 12:28 AM
Yes, for sure... just whatever you do, let "it" happen at its own speed.. believe me,(or us for that matter:)), man, there's nothing you can do;
if it's "meant to be" it'll happen... you don't have to "test" or anything, really....
again, the first is always the hardest, and as dumb as it sounds, the less you think about it, the better it will be....
PS all this "girl help"..... write your own smart conclusion;)

stillakid
09-14-2003, 12:58 AM
So much of our youth is wasted being insecure and second guessing what other people think of us. (Many adults too, for that matter.)

In any case, the best thing to do is to first, have confidence in yourself. Girls respond to that more than anything else no matter who you are.

Then, aside from being confident, just be yourself. You'll get her attention with your newfound confidence. Then, after that, if she likes who you are, then you're "in" as they say. If she doesn't, move along and don't worry about it. You're going to continue on and finish school and college then get a career going. Most likely, it will be later in college or sometime during your career that you'll find the woman that you really want to spend a significant amount of time with. The rest before that are there to be friends with. Sometimes, they might be friends who also want to jump you, but some will just be friends. What's wrong with that? Look at it this way, if she just wants to be your friend right now, but you've got a bug up your butt for her and just can't let it go, have patience. She'll probably go hook up with somebody else (who exhibits the qualities that she thinks she wants in a boyfriend) but still be "friends" with you. A) you still get to hang out with her, which is half of what you want anyway, and B) you get to be there when that other guy turns out to be a jerk and dumps her. Guess who she's going to come crying to?

Rogue II
09-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Most importantly, whatever you do, don't videotape yourself using a stick as a lightsaber and leave it where some of your "friends" can find it.

Tonysmo
09-14-2003, 04:11 AM
Id like to take a shot at this. just so you can see from a different perspective.

1st off. Its nice to see you openly discuss this on these boards. You show trust in your fellow fourmites. Not many people can lay their hearts out for all to see.

many of the posts are telling you to be patient, understandably so. This girl has caught your eye, now you lay there constantly think up ways to see if she likes you. thats a cool feeling.

My advice is to show confidence but with a slight edge. You want to ask her out on a date, but you dont know if she'll say yes, so put it to her a very different way. going out to do something together, doesnt have to qualify as a "date".

When you guys leave school, are you both heading to work afterwards? or to do homework? If time isnt a problem, on the way home, suggest grabbing a bite to eat. yes, even McyD's. ( yes, you do need the cash to cover you both ) Dont ask her if you can pay for it. just do it. Have her order 1st or find out what she wants, then just spring the cash and pay for it, no questions. That of course doesnt have to be an everyday thing.. Find out what she reeeealy likes. Does she prefer fountain sodas over one in the can? Maybe pick one up for her. Does she pick you up before school? suggest that if she doesnt mind, maybe you could be a regular, and suggest paying for the extra gas.. ( I know youve already done that ) if she excepts, then have some warm poptarts ready to go for the ride.. little things man, little things.. As for homework. It has be noisy at your house.. so theres your excuse to head to the library for quiet study time together. ( then you look smart even! ) There are sooo many ways of spending time together, without her knowing its really your coy way to hang out.

few minor things to keep in mind:
1. HONESTY. 1st and formost, be honest with yourself. then be honest with her. If she finds out your phooney on anything.. the rest of the school will soon know.
2. Confidence. Again, this is a top priority. If you show her you can make certain decisons, she will most likley dig you even more. I mean, there are times when asking, what do you want to do? gets reeealy old. so instead, you say, If you dont mind, Id like to stop by so n so.. I could use a bite to eat, or I need to pick up a few things..wanna go with?
3. Overkill. by far the hardest to accomplish. How do you know when enough is enough, and by the time to find out is may be too late. That pretty much goes back to everyone else saying.. take it slow.. yes, this is a must. you will never know whats meant to be, so take it slow.. very slow, enjoy everthing about it. Just to hear you say the I Love you in an earlier post frightens me. I certainly have been in your shoes dude, but thats the last thing Id bring up.. tone that down immediatly if you want any hopes of success. I "like" you alot and hope we can hang out more often.. thats where you need to be.
4. Small gifts. enough cant be said about that. small gifts dont have to cost you anything but time either.. Some of the older fourmites can maybe attest to taping some songs onto a cassettee.. same holds true. Burn her a nice cd for the car ride to school, make sure its of course tasteful and something shes into. I wanna lick lick lick lick you from your head to your toes.. ludacris.. that wont work.. ) again, its the little things.. Do you guys even pass notes anymore? ( been awhile since Ive been in school ) nothing better than to sit down and read a note thats a Just to say HI note, or better yet, tell her about an experience or your day in general. chalk it up as reading material for a boring class..

Anyhow, you sound like a very good Padawan learner, and there are many crusty ol Jedi Knights floatin around here givin great advice. I hope you do well. and believe it or not.. The force is real. You may not be able to move apples, or stop people from dying.. but you can definitly feel it on your heart eh?

much luck to you, hope this helps and yes, keep us posted.

**reminder** Halloween will be here soon, so there is your chance for unprecideneted closness my friend.

fyi.. I married my high school sweet heart - so it can happen.

hango fett
09-14-2003, 07:34 AM
thanks again guys! the problem with going to get something to eat after school is that my town is about 15 minutes one way to the nearest food place (except for the place i work at in town, which isn't really something you want right after school). confedince, huh? ok. i can probably work that in. i hope. i just have to get over my nearvousness when i'm around her. on friday, it was about 60 degress and i was shaking to death while waiting for her. plus, it doesn't help i enhearited my grandmother "nearvous stomach." i will leave that alone though...another minus is she lives out in the country about 3 miles from me. that kind of sucks. well, i will let you guys know what happens at my work today when i get back. (i have to go make 3.50 an hour :rolleyes: )
h

scruffziller
09-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Yeah, sorry Hango, but I think you're pretty screwed here, buddy. :(
One she gets her meathooks into you as a "friend", you're doomed.
From now one, whenever you try to make a move . . . of romantic implications . . . she'll either naively pass it off as you goofing around OR she'll get really offended that you would mortgage your wonderful friendship just for the chance of getting in her pants.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.oh....oh......oh...........oh.....o hhh*crying*:cry::cry::cry::cry:

So painfully true.................:dead::cry:

hango fett
09-14-2003, 11:00 AM
hey! i just remebered something! friday, when she picked me up, she was sort of dressed up. she had a short skirt and a white button-up sweater on over a red shirt, i think. she hardly ever wares anything like this. maybe this is a good sign!
h

Kidhuman
09-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Quite possibly Hango. Just be patient. Everything we come to play on time. Just dowhatyou are doing. Tony and Eric gave some good advice. Just be patient young padawan.(and if you ever do hook upwith her, dont let her see this thread :D )

hango fett
09-14-2003, 11:23 AM
ROTF! of course i would never let her see this! i don;t really know if she likes star wars, but that makes no diffrence to me.
h

mabudonicus
09-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Yesss, to the Humanitar you will listen, keep this thread hidden... dammit, I'm sorry, but I just got a mental picture of Hango with a little computer notebook, excusing himself to "go to the washroom" and quickly coming here to solicit advice, just like cyrano de bergerac... (Not implying anything about you, hango, I just saw the "modern fairy tale" aspect and it made me laugh....)
Anyways, now that my little flight of stupidity is over... WHEW...
All's I can say is you must REALLY like this girl... it's cool, man... funny thing is, no matter how old ya get, it'll always be the same deal...... there are "girls" that I've known forever that still make me feel all goofy... not like I have romantic feelings for them or anything like that, it's just a hormone thing or something...
Don't "sweat" the nervousness thing, either, it's actually a pretty good sign....
No matter what, man, don't worry.. you're young and it sounds like you're on a pretty good path, you'll do alright

hango fett
09-14-2003, 11:59 AM
good advice, mabudon. yeah..i really do like her. cool...nervousness is a good sign? great! bring on the shaking!
pray for me!
h

seth_quinn
09-14-2003, 01:41 PM
confedince, huh? ok. i can probably work that in. i hope.

the boys are right, confidence is paramount. (but remember, not cocky)

do or do not, there is no probably.

think you lack it? it took a lot of it to even start this thread if you ask me.

hango fett
09-14-2003, 01:45 PM
wow. thanks quinn! ok..i can work it in. i just have to find a subject to talk about that we are both interested in on the way to and from school. hmm...any ideas?
h

2-1B
09-14-2003, 02:33 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.oh....oh......oh...........oh.....o hhh*crying*:cry::cry::cry::cry:

So painfully true.................:dead::cry:

For the record, I was being overly cynical in my advice. :D

I wish Hango the best of luck . . . and yes mabudon, the Cyrano de Bergerac reference is outstanding ! ! ! :crazed:

Steve Martin couldn't have done it better. ;)

EricRG
09-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Talk about her! Seriously, as they say, get to know her. What she does during freetime, what she like/dislikes in school, what she's planning to do after graduation, her family, music, movies, TV, sports perhaps. But certainly don't make it seem like it's a job interview or something...mix in other things as well.

Also just being in the moment is also very important. Comment on what is going on around you. Even if it's just "I like the color of that house" or "Look at that crazy squirrel" or something else seemingly mundane. Small talk leads to "big talk". With nothing else to say, fall back on the weather.

Let her ask you about your personal tastes, cause if she does, it's a sure sign she is "getting to know" you! Drop little hints about what you like.

Also, be sure to be a good listener. Girls really appreciate this. It's MUCH harder than it sounds. Really LISTEN to what she is saying to you. FOCUS on her, don't let the mind wander. Don't fret about what you are going to say next. It'll come naturally if you listen to her.

Also, being able to sit in silence comfortably with another person at times is a good sign. But this usually doesn't occur until you are good friends. Remember that silence is a part of conversation and don't be nervous if things do happen to fall silent for a period of time.

Darth Sidious
09-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Well, Hango, listen to what everybody has said, it seems to be good advice. I've never had a girlfriend in my life, so there is only one piece of advice I can give you: Don't do what I do. I am so shy around them that it is pathetic I am so shy around them that, unless they start the conversation (Which happens about once a year if I am lucky), the conversation will not take place at all. I remember one girl who I liked for about 10 years (Literally), but I was too afraid to talk to her and eventually she got a boyfriend and has been with him for 5 years now. You need to avoid making my mistakes, and talk to them and be nice to them and listen to them before the chance goes away forever. I mean, I don't even have any friends who are girls who would come to me with their troubles, they have somebody else for that. The chances have gone away and I could not possibly regret that more. I have prepared myself for spending my life alone, and although it may work for me, I don't want to see that happen to a fellow forumite. As Qui-Gon would say, "You are a much wiser man than I am" just for summoning the courage to approach her in any way at all. Do not let her slip by, go for it. Slowly, very slowly, though, like everyone said here. Well, damn, that was depressing, thank God I have SW to get my mind off of things like that, and off of a future with nobody in it but myself. :rolleyes:

Or, if it really doesn't work, just become a loner like me, but prepare for your share of loneliness and solitude. Arrr! :Pirate:

hango fett
09-14-2003, 03:02 PM
well, it was pretty silent when we were going to school friday. almost nothing was said. she just drove. and when we were coming out of the parking lot to go to my house and drop me off, she almost hit someone because she was looking at a paper. i knew that if i said anything she would have a cow so i just let it go. when we first got into the car to go home, i said to her "man, today was dull" (reason being is because all i did help our media/tech class do stuff to our schools home page) she said "you were in that tech class, weren't you?"
i said yep. then i said "i don't want to see a computer for a while." she laughed at that. oh, and belive me i caould listen to her ALL DAY. i don't care what she would talk about, she has my complete and undivided attention.
i leave for work at 4 and will be back on here around 8:45 EST.
i will keep you guys posted indefinetly!
h

plo koon 200
09-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Well hango I'm around your age, 18. I've been in a similar boat as you have and I still am. Let me tell you what they say about taking it slow is true. I've noticed this with teh girl I like is that if you take things slow they will get closer and closer to you and you will get closer to them.

Don't say stupid things like "I love you." I did something similar and it almost ended the relationship, luckily I'm good at covering my back and I was able to make it look like I didn't screw up and she misintrepted what I meant. Now we're back to normal. But like they said take it slow. However if you do something silly be sure to know everything about her.

plo koon 200
09-14-2003, 03:07 PM
PS I wish you the best of luck. It can be tough and long at times but don't give into the dark side of the force.

hango fett
09-14-2003, 03:44 PM
"I am a jedi. like my father before me." i won't turn to the dark side.
well, i'm off to work...i will report back when i am home.
wish me luck!
h

kool-aid killer
09-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Darth Sidious, you shouldnt be so hard on yourself. You really need to gain some self confidence. I myself was shy (and still am to a lesser degree) and didnt go out with any girl until i was 16 (im 20 now) but now i rarely fear speaking to them. Please consider my last paragraph in my previous post regarding this thread. A girl may not be the hottest or coolest to others but what really matters is how they make you feel. You are too young to throw in the towel. But it all depends on if you really want to be single and lonely.

plo koon 200
09-14-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm also very shy, actually autistic, so I have several things going against me. I don't let that stop me. Of course I think me being autistic might be why I have not gone out on a date. However, kool-aid killer I have made somewhat friends with a girl I don't think looks to great. You are right. Everyone should be given a chance.

I would also like to thank everyone who has given their input into this thread. It would be cool for those of you female fans out there to tell us what you think. Thanks a lot.

scruffziller
09-14-2003, 04:42 PM
For the record, I was being overly cynical in my advice. :D

I actually wasn't.:(

PS I wish you the best of luck. It can be tough and long at times but don't give into the dark side of the force.
Yea like going to the state of Nevada or Amsterdam.:crazed::D

Darth Sidious
09-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Darth Sidious, you shouldnt be so hard on yourself. You really need to gain some self confidence. I myself was shy (and still am to a lesser degree) and didnt go out with any girl until i was 16 (im 20 now) but now i rarely fear speaking to them. Please consider my last paragraph in my previous post regarding this thread. A girl may not be the hottest or coolest to others but what really matters is how they make you feel. You are too young to throw in the towel. But it all depends on if you really want to be single and lonely.

Well, gaining self-confidence is much easier said than done. I am not afraid of many things and this is pretty much my phobia, I guess. (Phobia in the literal sense, too-Shaky feeling, cold sweat, intense pain in the heart area/stomach, etc.) I KNOW liking someone is not supposed to feel that physically/emotionally miserable, it's not normal. It might even be my body's automatic defences kicking in... As for the cool/hot thing, believe me, that's the last thing I am looking for. I'd just like, as you said, one that is kind and fun and stuff. As for being single and lonely, I'm not really sure if I even care anymore. Right now the thought of asking a girl out or something like that feels much more frightening than staying alone, which is something I am capable of. Oh well, people don't need relationships to survive, after all. :D

scruffziller
09-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, gaining self-confidence is much easier said than done. I am not afraid of many things and this is pretty much my phobia, I guess. (Phobia in the literal sense, too-Shaky feeling, cold sweat, intense pain in the heart area/stomach, etc.) I KNOW liking someone is not supposed to feel that physically/emotionally miserable, it's not normal. It might even be my body's automatic defences kicking in... As for the cool/hot thing, believe me, that's the last thing I am looking for. I'd just like, as you said, one that is kind and fun and stuff. As for being single and lonely, I'm not really sure if I even care anymore. Right now the thought of asking a girl out or something like that feels much more frightening than staying alone, which is something I am capable of. Oh well, people don't need relationships to survive, after all. :DYea I hear what your saying.
The most part for me was that early on in childhood I was made to believe I was not worthy for the fairer gender. Kids would pass on notes from girls that said they liked me and it was all a joke. This happened several several times.
Just when my confidence was starting to get built up, it was horribly crushed to the point I just automatically avoided the whole situation. And because I avoided the whole situation for so long (fear of being hurt again) I never really grew into the whole lifestyle premise of being in a relationship. So now it seems that my desire to be non single is no longer part of my value system because it would just seem so complicated to want to take that on and it would immensley interfere with my sitting in front of this computer for 6 hours on end doing nothing(and my value of doing this is no joke). Just being away from my computer is like a drug withdrawl. Bottom line. I have been single so long in my life it is all I know and it scares me to death at the thought of the prospect of a relationship, even though it is something I want badly. There has even been times now where I would probably have the opportunity to "hook up" with a girl/woman, in which I believe she might have asked me out, at that moment of thought, I froze in deep deep fear. The feeling that you would get if your boss at work took you into the back office to write you up for something you did/didn't do, with the prospect you could lose your job eventually. I just would not know how to give up my current life.:zzz:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2003, 07:03 PM
I think this should be a solid cue to Steve to start up: "Sir Steves Geek Dating Game!" It could be nifty!! All us geeks could track down that other special geek someone to make us whole! C'mon, Steve, how about it? That could be a blast!! hehehehehehe :crazed:

Best of luck to you, Hango. Yet, if it doesn't work out, remember: there are other fish in the sea, and some of them actually don't mind that we're dorks. I had a girlfriend for 4 years and even though i can't say she "approved" of my geekery, she didn't raise too much of a fuss about it...mostly cos if she did, oh, i would make her wander around the toy aisles with me for hours. I poop you not, i wandered up and down the same 4 aisles with her at a Toys R us for roughly an hour. Looking behind boxes for hidden stuff and whatnot. She was hella PO'ed, but she got the jist that i don't really care for any rude comments about how i'm a dork, especially from the girl i'm seeing. I wasn't being mean, but earlier she had made a crack on my lifestyle and that was my rebutal. lol Needless to say, she didn't make anymore comments. The last girlfriend i had was about 5 months and it ended this past July, but while we were actually together, she actually LOOKED for toys for me when i was at school. She even sent me an extra Helms Deep Legolas that I could display. So there is somebody out there for everyone, even the nerd population. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Derek- i addressed that as well on the second page. Here was his reply:

yeah...that girl, guyute, was another freind of mine...never really made it to boyfreind girlfreind..that was back in 2000. long time ago
h

:D

Darth Sidious
09-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Yea I hear what your saying.
The most part for me was that early on in childhood I was made to believe I was not worthy for the fairer gender. Kids would pass on notes from girls that said they liked me and it was all a joke. This happened several several times.
Just when my confidence was starting to get built up, it was horribly crushed to the point I just automatically avoided the whole situation. And because I avoided the whole situation for so long (fear of being hurt again) I never really grew into the whole lifestyle premise of being in a relationship. So now it seems that my desire to be non single is no longer part of my value system because it would just seem so complicated to want to take that on and it would immensley interfere with my sitting in front of this computer for 6 hours on end doing nothing(and my value of doing this is no joke). Just being away from my computer is like a drug withdrawl. Bottom line. I have been single so long in my life it is all I know and it scares me to death at the thought of the prospect of a relationship, even though it is something I want badly. There has even been times now where I would probably have the opportunity to "hook up" with a girl/woman, in which I believe she might have asked me out, at that moment of thought, I froze in deep deep fear. The feeling that you would get if your boss at work took you into the back office to write you up for something you did/didn't do, with the prospect you could lose your job eventually. I just would not know how to give up my current life.:zzz:

I hear you, I know exactly what you mean. Would you know that girls often did the same thing to me? One of them would come up to me and ask something...like that...and they'd be some really popular girl who could have anyone they wanted (At the time I was kind of dorky, until I grew), and they'd be surrounded by a group of giggling, WHISPERING friends. What were they whispering about, I wonder? I can make a few pretty good guesses, probably "Is he falling for it?" or something of the like. I could tell, at that age even, that girls do NOT have a group come with them when they want to ask someone out. So I never fell for it. Still, it felt terrible that people would play with someone's emotions like that... So I know how you feel on that account, I'm sorry to hear that you dealt with that too. Heh...I kind of wonder, if someone asked me out today, if they would be serious about it, or just playing so they could laugh about me being stupid enough to believe that anyone could ever like me. I am glad someone else understands how I feel about the fear, though.

plo koon 200
09-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Yea I hear what your saying.

Exactly on the mark. I have and always had a similiar phobia. And I am afraid of how it will interfere with my lifestyle.

I don't know if you were joking Guyute but that might be a good idea.

WOW Darth Sidious the EXACT, EXACT same thing happend to me when I was in the 7th grade. Right before Episode I came out and I was making a big fuss about it. I can 110% relate to what you are saying.

This is a great thread.

stillakid
09-14-2003, 08:16 PM
i just have to get over my nearvousness when i'm around her. on friday, it was about 60 degress and i was shaking to death while waiting for her.

Oh no! You've "PUT HER ON A PEDESTAL!" Backup, downshift, and get a little perspective. Hot chicks are people too. But the #1 thing that hot chicks learn is that they are, in fact, in demand. If she is truly scorching hot, or even rates at a high 9 on the Richter scale, every guy that's at least 5 years older than her (with money to burn) will be at her beckon call. Not all hot chicks fall into this pattern, but the ones who are taught early on, by guys like you and me, who put them on a pedestal, make them realize that they are indeed a commodity which is worthy of going to the highest bidder. In other words, why should she bother spending time with you when there is a guy down the road who is older, smoother, better looking, more confident, and has more money to rain on her? This isn't to say that "mediocrities" don't have a chance. It happens all the time, but until you do have those other attributes to make up for any of your limitations, you'll have to rely on what you have at your fingertips to make it happen. But above all, don't treat her like she's a princess. Once you start that, she'll start believing it and then the inevitable happens when she says to herself, "Yeah, I am special. I can do much better than this guy." And then POOF!, off she goes.

Or not. These are females we're talking about. Who the hell can tell what they're thinking. :rolleyes:

hango fett
09-14-2003, 08:31 PM
i'm back. i didn't see her, but i am sure she will give me a ride tomorrow without asking before. she's not exactly what you would call "hot", because there are girls with bigger "characteristics" than her and they get all the attention. but she is fine for me. i give her a 10 in my book, but someone else might say a 6.5 or 7. i just hope she does give me a ride and if not, i have a time cushion that enables me to still get to school on time. then, at school, i will ask her for a ride home.
i will keep you posted and probably tell you if she gave me a ride to school or not during my 4th period class (computer class)
h

bobafrett
09-14-2003, 09:17 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but find out what she is in to. I worked with a lady whom I would freeze everytime she would look in my direction. I literally could not move. My right leg would just freeze up and I couldn't walk. She worked in the Electronics department where I worked. I would end up pretending that I was looking at the C.D.'s until she would look away, and tyhen I was able to move again. Anyway, I found out that she liked Fleetwood Mac (a 70's and 80's rock band). One day I asked her if she would like to go see Fleetwood Mac. She said "yes". I managed to get 2 tickets. Because of that though, I built up my confidence and asked another girl out to a hockey game (she liked the Blackhawks). The one who I took to see Fleetwood Mac didn't go anywhere. We are friends, she married another guy and he's in misery with her. She and I are friends, and I am the godfather of their child. In fact I just went over to see them and watched a football game at their house. I'm glad I didn't get into a relationship with her though. Her husband wanted to take a nap, she kept shaking him, waking him up, or having their daughter jump on him. She yells a lot, and we are better just being friends. The girl I took to a blackhawks game, well several months later we were boyfriend/girlfriend. It lasted 5 months, and I'm glad it didn't work out with her.

Like others have said, take your time. You may find out that there are things about her that you might not agree with. At your age, you will find what you like about a girl, and what type of girl are apt to change. Me, I'm still not sure what kind of woman I'm looking for, and I'm 38.

I've dated nice girls, crazy girls, girls who stole my heart, big girls, thin girls, but none who smoke pot.

sweetrain1215
09-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Yeah like Eric said small gifts, like an Ephant Mon. What girl doesnt want one of those :crazed:

Oh kidhuman..be still my beating heart! Pitter patter..hehe.

Okay hango fett..dunno if you know me or not..probably not. I'm kidhuman's wife..so yep that makes me female (just to be sure you can check out my profile..kid and all)
Okay so you are what? 17 so Heather is probably about 16 or 17. I'm 28 not too too much older. I'm actually surprised some of the men here have given some decent advice. I may repeat some of it but here's my take.
Don't wait forever to show her how you feel. The longer you wait the more akward you are gonna be..and she'll probably catch on sooner or later anyway to how you are feeling. You'll end up in that weird puppy dog phase..and girls don't usually go for that. Okay...offering money for gas..good,good..shows your not a free loader. Umm as for buying her gifts??? Don't think that's a good idea...you may freak the girl out. My advice...just ask her out! For real, be up front with her. And no I don't mean saying "I LOVE YOU". If you don't think you can get up the nerve to ask her out while in her car...call her. When you do ask her out or whatever..there is NO reason to go into some spill about how you feel about her. Just go out and have a good time.That's really all you can do.
Gifts,flowers ect ect...talking about your feelings..that all comes AFTER a couple of dates..not before.
I know it's nerve wracking...this whole "does she like me" thing..hehe and it doesn't get any easier with age...don't let em lie to you! Emotions are always tricky...but just ask her out and see where it goes. The one bit of advice that I totally agree with..don't wait forever and become her shoulder to lean on type thing where she is always coming to you with guy problems ect...that's the kiss of death if you are interested in her.
Side note..my brother was in the EXACT same situation as yourself...my best friend gave him a ride to school every day and he took far too long to tell her how he felt and by the time he did...well he was her "friend". EEK. :eek:

I dunno if this told you much or not...but this is just from my own experience...I would so much rather have a guy just be straight up with me than to dance around the subject..ya know? Like I said a girl can usually tell anyway. ;)

stillakid
09-14-2003, 11:15 PM
Have you thought of having a friend videotape this process? You could sell it to Fox as a midseason replacement. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Thanks to Sweetrain 1215 for chiming in and giving us a female's perspective (an Elven Queen at that too!)....cos i dont't think of the lady posters have posted in this thread yet, but i could be wrong, if so, sorry! :crazed:

After reading that post, i'm just more and more confused about women. I mean, i have lots of friends who are girls that there has always been some sort of romantic possiblities and it seems that they always tell me that they're the only one they can talk to about stuff. In fact, a very close friend of mine who talks to me about everything and now has a boyfriend told me this summer how she wishes that we both would've had the courage to try out a relationship together, but didn't for various reasons, which i shan't get into. So, from what i gather, if i don't really talk to a girl and let her confide in me, i have MORE of a chance with her than I do if i'm always there for her. I mean, there HAS to be some girls who respect the guys who are normal and are always there for them, right?!?! right?!?!?!!? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Somebody pass me the Vodka. :D

mabudonicus
09-14-2003, 11:47 PM
All's I can say is women are pretty much just like us, only different.. I honestly gave up trying to figure the whole thing out and approach it in a more buddhalogical way... supple like the reed......

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, sweetrain :D "some of the guys have actually posted decent advice";).... welll, DUH... we DO have the internet to find these things out, y'know!!!!
\m/

plo koon 200
09-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Oh kidhuman..be still my beating heart! Pitter patter..hehe.

Okay hango fett..dunno if you know me or not..probably not. I'm kidhuman's wife..so yep that makes me female (just to be sure you can check out my profile..kid and all)
Okay so you are what? 17 so Heather is probably about 16 or 17. I'm 28 not too too much older. I'm actually surprised some of the men here have given some decent advice. I may repeat some of it but here's my take.
Don't wait forever to show her how you feel. The longer you wait the more akward you are gonna be..and she'll probably catch on sooner or later anyway to how you are feeling. You'll end up in that weird puppy dog phase..and girls don't usually go for that. Okay...offering money for gas..good,good..shows your not a free loader. Umm as for buying her gifts??? Don't think that's a good idea...you may freak the girl out. My advice...just ask her out! For real, be up front with her. And no I don't mean saying "I LOVE YOU". If you don't think you can get up the nerve to ask her out while in her car...call her. When you do ask her out or whatever..there is NO reason to go into some spill about how you feel about her. Just go out and have a good time.That's really all you can do.
Gifts,flowers ect ect...talking about your feelings..that all comes AFTER a couple of dates..not before.
I know it's nerve wracking...this whole "does she like me" thing..hehe and it doesn't get any easier with age...don't let em lie to you! Emotions are always tricky...but just ask her out and see where it goes. The one bit of advice that I totally agree with..don't wait forever and become her shoulder to lean on type thing where she is always coming to you with guy problems ect...that's the kiss of death if you are interested in her.
Side note..my brother was in the EXACT same situation as yourself...my best friend gave him a ride to school every day and he took far too long to tell her how he felt and by the time he did...well he was her "friend". EEK. :eek:

I dunno if this told you much or not...but this is just from my own experience...I would so much rather have a guy just be straight up with me than to dance around the subject..ya know? Like I said a girl can usually tell anyway. ;)

Thank you for your post. I think it is good that we are getting some females on this board. Are you listening hango. Also if there are more females. Chime in. Not everyone thinks alike.

Let me tell you hango what I think to be the best advice and it might not be. Do what you feel is right. Just like Obi-Wan said. Don't do stuff because we tell you to do it or because you see your friends doing it. Like I said everyone is their own unique individual with their own set criteria. Try to figure out her criteria and then work from there. Like some guys said get to know her even perhaps after you ask her out like Sweettrain said. You never know what will happen.

plo koon 200
09-15-2003, 12:01 AM
PS and Guyute I'm just as lost as you are on that one. But like I said there are various personality types. Sweettrain is just one of them. Though she may be right. We may be right. Or all of us can be wrong. I really don't know. To tell you the ultimate truth I never had a girlfriend and look I'm 18. I kind of have a work in progress but like Sweetrain said that may no work out. However I'm just going to follow my own instincts.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2003, 12:13 AM
yeah, i try to follow my instinct and gut feeling and it never works!! As my hero John Cusack said in "High Fidelity": Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have s--- for brains."

I guess it takes different strokes to move the world. I remember when my nerd friend and myself (along w/ my old roomie, Buzzkill, guess how cool he was) were on our way to the midnight madness sale for the Episode II figures. Buzzkill asked if there were EVER any girls at these things. We replied that yeah, the nerdery spans to all. I then told my friend dave that we could very much meet our future wives there. We envisioned the moment: Dave and i would be looking for a hard to find figure that night. He would spot the figure and try to grab it; at the same time, another hand would grab it and he would see it was the hand of a beautiful lady nerd (lol) and they would lock stares and gaze deep into each others eyes.....and i would knock them both on their cans and steal the figure. :D
(yeah, we're dorks, sorry)

Exhaust Port
09-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Chicks dig scars.

plo koon 200
09-15-2003, 12:34 AM
yeah, i try to follow my instinct and gut feeling and it never works!! As my hero John Cusack said in "High Fidelity": Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have s--- for brains."
)

Agree Guyute. I don't think my instincts are working either. I guess we're kind of in the same boat.

2-1B
09-15-2003, 12:47 AM
3 things.

1) sorry to hear of your woes, scruff :( I wasn't even being totally serious but I guess there was SOME truth to my statements because of

2) sweetrain's very well done post. :)
kidhuman is a freaking stud, that's all I'm gonna say. ;)
As far as getting other female perspectives here, I think we only have a small handful of female SSG members so the insights offered will be very few, I assume.

3) All this talk of going against instincts reminds me of George Costanza and his experiment. Just go up to the object of your affection and say something like "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

Watch your success rate skyrocket ! ! ! :crazed:

scruffziller
09-15-2003, 07:33 AM
3 things.

1) sorry to hear of your woes, scruff :( I wasn't even being totally serious but I guess there was SOME truth to my statements because of
No prob dude.:)
My first post to your statement, I was trying to be a little "lighthearted" but still was being very serious at the same time. But no hard feelings.

I think this should be a solid cue to Steve to start up: "Sir Steves Geek Dating Game!" It could be nifty!! All us geeks could track down that other special geek someone to make us whole! C'mon, Steve, how about it? That could be a blast!! hehehehehehe :crazed:

That's foony:D!!!!!! That made my day.:)

Kidhuman
09-15-2003, 07:45 AM
kidhuman is a freaking stud, that's all I'm gonna say. ;)

I do my best :D It's the humanitar I'm telling ya!!!!

scruffziller
09-15-2003, 07:54 AM
I hear you, I know exactly what you mean. Would you know that girls often did the same thing to me? One of them would come up to me and ask something...like that...and they'd be some really popular girl who could have anyone they wanted (At the time I was kind of dorky, until I grew), and they'd be surrounded by a group of giggling, WHISPERING friends. What were they whispering about, I wonder? I can make a few pretty good guesses, probably "Is he falling for it?" or something of the like. I could tell, at that age even, that girls do NOT have a group come with them when they want to ask someone out. So I never fell for it. Still, it felt terrible that people would play with someone's emotions like that... So I know how you feel on that account, I'm sorry to hear that you dealt with that too. Heh...I kind of wonder, if someone asked me out today, if they would be serious about it, or just playing so they could laugh about me being stupid enough to believe that anyone could ever like me. I am glad someone else understands how I feel about the fear, though.I am also not alone in the boat. My best friend from Des Moines who has had similar situations fell for the siren's call at the "gentleman's" club and actually thought he would be successfull at asking them dancing ladies out on a date.
Even though he says he is completely aware that they are just doing their job.

hango fett
09-15-2003, 10:54 AM
well, i got a ride today. she didn't mind me asking her. and i am getting a ride home as well (of course) and this is very dangerous because she could probally walk in and see this post
must hurry!
h

kool-aid killer
09-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Sweetrain, just out of curiousity whos advice in your opinion was right on? Mine just comes from my experiences.

Hango, did you ask her for a ride for the remainder of the year? Thats a bad idea in my opinion. You dont want to come off as some sort of moocher.

Scruff and Sidious, im sorry to hear about what has happened to you guys in school. But realize that not all girls are cruel. Keep giving love a chance.

bobafrett
09-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Have you thought of having a friend videotape this process? You could sell it to Fox as a midseason replacement. ;)

LMAO! Fox would buy it! Reality TV at it's best!

Chicks dig scars.

Great, I'll shave my head and show of my brain surgery scar. Instant chick magnet! :D

BTW Hango, I didn't go on my first date until I was 23. I was terrified of the opposite sex, but I found that most women don't bite, at least not hard.

seth_quinn
09-15-2003, 01:44 PM
good god, step away from the computer for a few hours and suddenly this thread is 2 pages longer.

it seriously isn't a bad idea, like herman's head goes internet. anybody got fox's phone #?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2003, 01:49 PM
BTW Hango, I didn't go on my first date until I was 23. I was terrified of the opposite sex, but I found that most women don't bite, at least not hard.

Not unless you ask them of course, silly! ;)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this isn't JMG. This is his evil twin posting that stuff..hmmmmmmmm, crap (runs away) :crazed:

Exhaust Port
09-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Great, I'll shave my head and show of my brain surgery scar. Instant chick magnet! :D
Bingo, throw in a good story with it and golden. May I suggest that you try telling them you had donated some of your superior/extra brains to less fortunate orphan children. ;)

Seriously though I've found humor goes a lot further than money or muscles with women. Thank goodness too as I lack both. :D But it can be a fine line to walk as some guys try a bit too hard as being funny. Those that use it to charm fair better than those that use it to be the center of attention. Remember, women want to be the center of your attention and don't want to compete against your presence.

I'm kind of coming in late into this conversation so I apologize if this has already been settled. Hango I would suggest trying to set up a perminant travel arrangement with this girl and offer gas money to ease her burden. Once you're a perminant fixture in her routine you're more likely to be included in future plans. You can always throw in a "thank you dinner" for her services. If she's been giving you a ride frequently it wouldn't be too far out of line to take her a resturant and buy a meal as a thank you for her time.

I think you're doing pretty good so far.

hango fett
09-15-2003, 02:51 PM
well, i am home. the ride form school to here was good. she shared a problem with me. she doesn't want to go to school until late because she has to give a speech on something in english. and i already know how terrified she is of speaking in front of people. ;) but, she won't be able to give me a ride tomorrow :( darn. oh well, there is always another day! and i fell closer to her every day!
wish me luck in the future!
h

stillakid
09-15-2003, 03:55 PM
well, i am home. the ride form school to here was good. she shared a problem with me. she doesn't want to go to school until late because she has to give a speech on something in english. and i already know how terrified she is of speaking in front of people. ;) but, she won't be able to give me a ride tomorrow :( darn. oh well, there is always another day! and i fell closer to her every day!
wish me luck in the future!
h

PERFECT! Her self-esteem is low. Keep it that way and you'll always have a chance. Once she gains confidence, you'll have to work that much harder to prove that you're worthy of her time.

In terms of the time you spend together though (rides and such), there is such a thing as over-exposure. Even married couples who really really like one another need time apart to keep the spark alive. Too much togetherness will dull the senses and then you start to look like just another piece of the furniture. Once that happens, her gaze will naturally turn outward in search of something "different" to spice things up. Tread carefully.

hango fett
09-15-2003, 04:16 PM
i was just thinking the same, kid. it's good to get a ride, but i might not need it every day. maybe every other day or just sparaticly. i just love toi be around her and sit right next to her in her car...so beautiful....and her car is cool..
GOOD GOD I AM IN LOVE!
h!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Yes, like Kid said, keep that self esteem lower than oil!! Tell her you that you heard rumors she's fat, or that she's easy. Or, better yet, tell her that she should be late to class because her speaking abilities are like that of a chimp! You got her now, Hango! :D

(this was sarcasm, if anybody didn't notice. ;) )

Exhaust Port
09-15-2003, 05:26 PM
GOOD GOD I AM IN LOVE!
h!
Careful there cowboy, those are the first words muttered before every man does something foolish. It gets worse if she knows this as some of the more evil women can use this against you. It's hasn't happened to me but I've seen it before.

I still say ask to take her out for a meal.

hango fett
09-15-2003, 06:24 PM
that is a good option, EP. i will defenitly consider it. ih, and another thing i noticed today that we both wroe red t-shirts. and her car is red! weird huh? great minds think alike! (i hope)
h

plo koon 200
09-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I think you are overdoing it hango. Just cause the shirts and car are red that does not add up too much. Like Exhaust Port said those are some words that you should say with carefulness.

hango fett
09-15-2003, 08:06 PM
i was just giving an observation. not much to dwell on.
wish me luck!
h

Tonysmo
09-16-2003, 04:38 AM
Its a wonderful thing to see love blossom before our very own eyes!

Just know, that as we read your posts, you come off as very very excited, which of course you should be, and this should be the place to let it all fly out.. however, if your excitedness ( sp ) carries over to the car ride n such.. you will soon be labeled as her very own stalker..

Of all the things we have thought of for our young padawan.. no one has brought up the rule for those who are over 25..

Blunt.

no no, not the one you smoke.. but the attitude, and the ability to just be blunt.

"you know, your a great person. and Im totally diggin you. I say we take this car ride thing to the next level. What say we go out on a date?"

Thats kinda blunt.. to the point.. and you are not really being dis-tasteful... heck, and then you exactly where you stand..

see, once you hit a certain age.. you get to the point where you shouldnt care what people think about you.. if they find you repulsive, you shrug your shoulders and move on... at least in my case anyway.

this is a great thread though, as it stands, I think we pretty much ALL relate to what your going through.. and heck.. I betcha alot of us miss that feeling.

butterflies are coooooool.

dinner doesnt have to be expensive. order a pizza. go to the ice cream shop and have a shake.. again.. its the lil things.

and look in her eyes. that whole scene where padme says stop it to Ani.. that sums it up.. if you can look at her like that.. ziiiiing!

hango fett
09-16-2003, 07:03 AM
hehehe! well, my excitedness does not go with me on the ride. i just usually keep quite or ask her one or two questions like "how do you like my dads class" and "i hope the weather is like this all the time." things like that. i work at our towns "ice cream shope" and i if i wanted to, if she came through the drive up window at the right time, i could get her a free shake. but that might be a tad to obvious..
only time will tell...
h

mabudonicus
09-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Nawww, if you work in a place that serves food, it's your DUTY to hook yer buddies up for free, it only means you know the "rules".... don't lose yer job over it, of course, but if she comes to the drive through window, you MUST do your best to make with the free shake or whatever SHE likes best...

bobafrett
09-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Dating interferes with my collecting. Money spent on date = less money to spend on collectibles. I must be getting old, now where is that inflatable slave Leia doll?

Don't listen to me, I'm just an old fool!

hango fett
09-16-2003, 10:41 AM
hey, old people can be wise, you know. ook at ol yoda. i will defintly give her a freebie next time she comes in unless she has an order...can't do it then because it's food, not drink. well...school sucks today...i'm in PC class and am pretty bored without her to look over at. wel, tomorrow will be another "ride day" for me since she should be going back to school tomorrow..wish me luck!
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-16-2003, 12:11 PM
. i will defintly give her a freebie next time she comes in unless she has an orderh

Freebie?!?!? You're too young, Hango!! too young!!! At least take the right precautionary measures! lol :D

stillakid
09-16-2003, 01:50 PM
and look in her eyes. that whole scene where padme says stop it to Ani.. that sums it up.. if you can look at her like that.. ziiiiing!

I don't know that making this comparison is the wisest decision. Anakin does come off as a crazed stalker, not someone who is genuinely in love. The last thing the guy should do is look at her the way bipolar Anakin stared at this chick he hadn't seen in more than 10 years. Kinda creepy.

hango fett
09-16-2003, 02:56 PM
guyute! shame shame shame i know your name! you sick minded goofball!
just kiddn..der...
wish me luck!
h

plo koon 200
09-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Dating interferes with my collecting. Money spent on date = less money to spend on collectibles. I must be getting old, now where is that inflatable slave Leia doll?

Don't listen to me, I'm just an old fool!

I tell myself the same thing. I rather spend money on toys than a girl.

Exhaust Port
09-16-2003, 05:29 PM
I don't know, I've never heard of cuddling up with a cute toy before. :)

hango fett
09-16-2003, 05:56 PM
well, i will most likely be getting a ride tomorrow...i can't wait. should be fun!
i will keep you posted and wish me luck!
h

plo koon 200
09-16-2003, 05:58 PM
I don't know, I've never heard of cuddling up with a cute toy before. :)

All they need to do is make a larger Slave Leia or Padme from the fireplace scene and then we collectors can cuddle with cute toys.

hango fett
09-16-2003, 07:08 PM
yes...cuddle with padme'? good god that would rock!
h

Exhaust Port
09-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Ok, everyone take deep breath and step back from the keyboard, they're only toys and movies and not nearly as rewarding as the real thing. ;)

hango fett
09-16-2003, 08:18 PM
hehe! i wish i could say yeah to that, EP, but i don't really know....
as always, wish me luck!
h

bobafrett
09-17-2003, 02:51 AM
Ok, everyone take deep breath and step back from the keyboard, they're only toys and movies and not nearly as rewarding as the real thing. ;)

Yes, but the toys never talk back, don't mind if you stay out late, never argue with you, can't cheat on you, will never lie to you, won't break your heart, won't dump you for another, won't care if you get another, or even a third or fourth, and you only have to spend money on them ONCE!

Hee Hee, Sorry a tired mind is a terrible thing to post with............... :crazed:

Exhaust Port
09-17-2003, 05:15 AM
But find the right girl and SHE can buy you toys. Best of both worlds! :D

plo koon 200
09-17-2003, 01:37 PM
But find the right girl and SHE can buy you toys. Best of both worlds! :D

That's what that 100 dollar astromech toy is for.

hango fett
09-17-2003, 04:32 PM
well, no ride today at all :( she had to take her sister somewhere...hopefully tomorrow will work out.
wish me luck
h

Exhaust Port
09-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I don't know what it says for the forum members here but this thread has really taken off. 100+ posts in a matter of days.

It seems a lot of people have a lot riding on you HF. Don't let us down. :D

no pressure or anything ;)

hango fett
09-17-2003, 05:31 PM
well, i will do my very best to keep this interesting. bear with me if i have a lack of talk untill tomorrow..
h

kool-aid killer
09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Tell me about it Exhaust Port, i start a thread looking for career advice and if i recall correctly i only get two pages but Hango asks for female help and suddenly everybody (myself included) comes in throwing around advice.

Hango, did you ask her for a ride or did she say she couldnt give you a ride today?

EDIT: i had the word viola originally where suddenly is at but i took a look at it again it looked out of place.

Exhaust Port
09-18-2003, 01:30 PM
I guess it shows that we'd rather see someone have success with the ladies versus success with work. :D

Tonysmo
09-21-2003, 03:09 AM
ok.. 3 days. no update.. what gives! we all put in alot of time helpin you try to get the goods.. we needs UPDATES!! my preeeecioussss UPDATES!!!!

lol. ok, sorry, just wonderin how things are goin.

next time she gives you a ride, as she drops you off, lean over and give her a peck on the cheek. That should stir things up abit.. abit abit..

hango fett
09-21-2003, 08:09 AM
well, nothing is hapening latley. she has been giveing someone else (a girl, not a guy) a ride. she might give me one tomorrow. i hope...
if i would give her a peck on the cheek, that would end everything...i could almost guarinte (sp?) that.
wish me luck
h

hango fett
09-21-2003, 08:31 PM
well, i saw her today at work rollerbladeing around. she was with her freind and looked extremly fetching. she had on orange shorts and a white tant top. ahh.....in a word..beautiful!
i will let you guys or girls know if she gives me a ride tomorrow..
h

bobafrett
09-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, there have been a great many posts about you getting or not getting a ride. We want to know when or if you ask her to join you for dinner sometime!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Or if you're going to give her a ri- No, i can't post that. Younglings might be reading this! :D

But yeah, give is any dirt besides if you got a ride; we care for details, Hango! Make us proud! :)

Anakin2121
09-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Hango,

Remember what Tyler Durden says! All our founding fathers and historical figures did things that were difficult. They made sacrifices and took risks.

You'll have to do the same thing, Hango. Remember that no one every got ANYWHERE by simply doing what was comfortable. You have to strive for success with this girl. Of course you'll be nervous if you try asking her out, but you'll just have to push through it and make the first move. Even if she says no, she'll store you in the back of her head as a possible future dating candidate, if there is such a thing.

Just my $.02 ... :)

Exhaust Port
09-21-2003, 10:54 PM
Offer a thank you dinner!

InsaneJediGirl
09-22-2003, 09:58 AM
I agree with Exhast Port.Shes been giving you a ride,show that you really do appreciate whats shes doing:)

derek
09-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Hango,

Remember what Tyler Durden says...

actually, tyler durden said, "i wonder if another woman is what we really need..." :crazed:

he also said:

JUST GIVE UP!!!

Exhaust Port
09-22-2003, 05:03 PM
At times those are mighty wise words. :D

hango fett
09-22-2003, 05:16 PM
actually...she drove right by me today and didn't pick me up. she had someone else in the car (girl). and to make me feel worse.......it was raining and i was just standing there....she broke my spirit today...
very sad, :(
h

derek
09-22-2003, 06:17 PM
actually...she drove right by me today and didn't pick me up. she had someone else in the car (girl). and to make me feel worse.......it was raining and i was just standing there....she broke my spirit today...
very sad, :(
h

i'd say she's definately not at all interested in you as a boyfriend. if she was, she'd of stopped for you.

so, how long are you going to let this go on? just ask her out for a date...... :kiss:

plo koon 200
09-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Like derek said, ask her out or like I'm saying look for someone else. She probably thinks that you probably only look on her as a friend because you didn't ask her out quick enough. There was a possibillity and still might be a possibillity that she likes you, so go for it kid. There is not anything to lose now.

Anakin2121
09-22-2003, 08:18 PM

If she has any competence as a driver at all, she should have kept her eyes on the road and might not have even noticed you! :p

And don't try to go to a gym and hulk up to get big muscles to impress her. Don't forget, Derek, Tyler also said, "Self-improvement is masturbation. Maybe self-destruction is the answer..."
Plo Koon 200 is right! You've got nothing to lose now! :crazed:

hango fett
09-22-2003, 08:44 PM
i belive she did not look at me. she was looking down then looked up and was gone. i won't have much time this week to even talk to her because i will be on a cruise from thursday untill sunday.
h

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey at least you didn't have the date like I did. One of the first girls I ever asked out we worked together at a restaurant. I finally went up and asked her if she would like to see a movie then go to dinner. We went to the movie, then went to Bakers Square where she only ordered fries. When I went to drop her off at her house, she said "Oh yeah, and I already have a boyfriend." Nice move on her part after I had paid for the movie and dinner. As she walked to her house, I peeled away and I never talked to her again. But I got over it and I asked someone else out.

So, just ask her out, if she says "no" it's certainally not the end of the world. You don't want to become set in your ways as I have, and not want to open up and share yourself with somebody.

Oh, and just recently, I decided I was going to go in and ask out this young lady who worked at the grocery store as an assistant manager. I'm walking towards her and I hear her talking with two of the cashiers about a wedding dress, blah, blah, blah. I said, "Oh, who's getting married?" only to find out she was.

We have a guy in the costuming club I am in, who dresses as the alien "Predator". He has an awesome costume! Anyway, he was down at Dragon Con, he met a girl there who also has a predator costume, they both fell in love, and now not even 2 months later he is moving down to start a life with her. That is a bit fast for a young man like yourself, but my point is, you'll never know unless you make the first move.

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 01:01 AM
So the life lesson we learned from bobafrett is "Get a Predator costume." I works like a charm apparently. Man, I've got to get one of those. ;)

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 01:28 AM
So the life lesson we learned from bobafrett is "Get a Predator costume." I works like a charm apparently. Man, I've got to get one of those. ;)

Well as Billy Joel once sang:

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and show ourselves
When everyone has gone

Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger (or the predator)
But we love to try them on

It reads/sounds better when you have the music going through your head!]

From Billy Joel's song "My life"
I don't need you to worry for me cause
I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to
come home
I don't care what you say anymore, this is
my life
Go ahead with your own life and leave
me alone

That has nothing to do with this, I just enjoy a little of the older Billy Joel songs once in awhile!

mabudonicus
09-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Might be time to grab a few MOTORHEAD records.... one with "bite the bullet" or "Ain't my Crime" for starters... "Tear ya down" amd mebbe "nothing up my sleeve" are also good....

no worries, whatever happens... some of the things posted in this thread might seem to be putting pressure on ya, Hango, but don't take it that way... if it doesn't work out, we'll just say sour grapes anyways, and you should too, it's a good way to keep yourself sane and mellow.....
Whatever you decide, don't bring a dozen eggs to the roadside "just in case"..... that's what I woulda done.... doesn't help one bit, I can guarantee it :D

Kidhuman
09-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, Bobfrett, aint nothing wrong with Billy Joel, great musician. maybe I will see you in Miami in 2017.

Hango, seriously, look at it this way, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain. If she says no, then you are in the same place you are now(nothing lost). If she says yes then all good(everything gained). What have you got to lose?

hango fett
09-23-2003, 11:00 AM
holy crap, bobafrett! i would have to run her over! my lord! that is the worst thing immaginable to happen! that would set the "monster" inside me loose and yeah....
h

kool-aid killer
09-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Sucks to hear that she just passed you by. Do you always stand in the same place? If so she probably did it intentionally. She might have looked down to avoid any eye contact with you. Who knows what is going through her mind in regards to you. You may have come off as annoying. But like i said earlier, dont get comfortable with her yet cause it hurts when it doesnt work out like planned. Good luck.

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Next time throw yourself in front of her car. :D

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 11:53 AM
holy crap, bobafrett! i would have to run her over! my lord! that is the worst thing immaginable to happen! that would set the "monster" inside me loose and yeah....
h

I take it your talking about the girl I took on a date? The one who told me she already had a boyfriend? Or do you just not like Billy Joel music? You young people of today with your hip hop music and your music television, why back in my day, if you wanted a girl, you'd just club her on the head and drag her by the hair back to your cave.......... :D But in all honesty, I'd ask her now if she has any plans for the weekend. If she says "no" then ask her if she wouldn't mind going out for dinner. Make sure you have the money to cover it though.

Oh, and no, running her over would not be a good option. I would have had years of medical bills and/or lawsuits. You must think before you react! And trust me, I've had far worse dates and much worse girlfriends. But, I've also had awesome dates, and great girlfriends!

Kidhuman, I will probably be there in Miami only if the ticket prices are lower by then! I vouldn't even afford one ticket to see him this past year when he and Elton were in Chicago.

Rogue II
09-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Next time throw yourself in front of her car. :D

hango fett, my dear friend Exhahust Port is only kidding. Throwing yourself in front of a moving vehicle may me hazardous to your health. Don't try this at home, or just down the street from your home for that matter.

Kids today can be very easily influenced, you have to watch what you say to them. Otherwise they will do something and say that the internet told them to do it. I suppose that is why everything from plastic bags to foam coffee cups have warning labels on them. I know, back in our day could ride in cars without seatbelts, ride bikes without helmets, and if we were desperate to hear the voice of Satan, we had to play heavy metal records backwards to get it. :crazed:

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 12:21 PM
You're right, I should have added a disclaimer.

send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money send me money

Lord Malakite
09-23-2003, 07:14 PM
AIM to the rescue. This was on the main page. :kiss:

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/men/package.jsp?name=men/pm/flirting/page1

Now where is my check book. I have the sudden urge to send Exaust Port my money. :greedy:

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 07:28 PM
The article doesn't address the complex nature of women though. Sure they'll show 7 of the 10 signs they have listed but then follow that up by talking about her boyfriend, or some other guy, or not pick you up in her car (am I right Hango Fett?).

Oh and Lord_Malakite, money orders are also excepted. :D

hango fett
09-23-2003, 09:20 PM
right on, EP. that article was very cool...i just want someone besides my family to actually like me....just once...
h

plo koon 200
09-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Now that's a good one. I always want to learn more. Now hango, I'm not trying to pressure you but trust me, once a girl loses interest in you, she will no longer be your friend, so, it is best to try and set up a relationship and maintain, whether that is of a friendly or romantic nature. I have had many girls that were only friends and yet not a single girl that was a girlfriend. If you really like the girl then do one of the two things: 1) ask her out. 2) try to have a real, real, real conversation with her and become a close friend to her. The second option can't hurt but it will likely never lead to a close relationship. I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say.

Tonysmo
09-24-2003, 05:05 AM
get a pair of leather pants.. grease your hair back - and when she pulls up - start singing
" I got chills, they're multiplyin', and I'm losin' control
Cause the power - you're supplyin',
it's electrifyin'!!"

if she lets you in.. Your in.. if she pulls away spinning her tires.. think of it as a really good attempt... and then head back to the drawing board.. or these fourms.. lol

sometimes all it takes is one memorable thing.. besides, if she doesnt dig that, you can bet shes gonna tell all her girlfriends.. I can bet one of them would think that was beyond coolness..

( and if ya do it.. have someone take pictures! cause Id love to see it! )

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2003, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Tonysmo]get a pair of leather pants.. grease your hair back - and when she pulls up - start singing
it's electrifyin'!!"
QUOTE]

I like that look, allow me to expand: you gotta get a tight white shirt and roll a pack of smokes in your sleeve. Then as she drives by, hopefully stops, be like "ehhhhhhh!" and give the snap of the fingers followed by the "gun" finger style. You're so in! :D

InsaneJediGirl
09-24-2003, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Tonysmo]get a pair of leather pants.. grease your hair back - and when she pulls up - start singing
it's electrifyin'!!"
QUOTE]

I like that look, allow me to expand: you gotta get a tight white shirt and roll a pack of smokes in your sleeve. Then as she drives by, hopefully stops, be like "ehhhhhhh!" and give the snap of the fingers followed by the "gun" finger style. You're so in! :D

Eh..She could scream pervert and mace Hango as well.Not the best idea;)

hango fett
09-24-2003, 03:02 PM
well..i won't be on here for the next 4 days...going to florida...maybe i will have luck there :rolleyes:
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Ah yeah, that might come in handy for ya though, Hango. It'll be interesting to see her reaction after not seeing you for a few days. Enjoy FL! You do seem to go on vacation a lot though! Good luck with the FL ladies! ;)

billfremore
09-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Well as Billy Joel once sang:

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and show ourselves
When everyone has gone

Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger (or the predator)
But we love to try them on

It reads/sounds better when you have the music going through your head!]

From Billy Joel's song "My life"
I don't need you to worry for me cause
I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to
come home
I don't care what you say anymore, this is
my life
Go ahead with your own life and leave
me alone

That has nothing to do with this, I just enjoy a little of the older Billy Joel songs once in awhile!

I prefer what the J. Geils Band said myself:

I've had the blues, the reds and the pinks.
One thing's for sure, Love Stinks.

bobafrett
09-25-2003, 12:30 PM
I prefer what the J. Geils Band said myself:

I've had the blues, the reds and the pinks.
One thing's for sure, Love Stinks.

Yes, but we are trying not to discourage the young man. He's just hitting those early times and he will find out on his own. With about half the marriages today ending in divorce, I'm choosing to stay single, and avoid the being a divorce statistic, plus I would like to keep my SW collection! :D

billfremore
09-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Yes, but we are trying not to discourage the young man. He's just hitting those early times and he will find out on his own. With about half the marriages today ending in divorce, I'm choosing to stay single, and avoid the being a divorce statistic, plus I would like to keep my SW collection! :D

Not all women are anti-Star Wars you know.
My wife actually encouraged my collecting and frequently bought me stuff.

And my comment about the song was not a comment on love per se, I just prefer that song over the Billy Joel selection you used.

mabudonicus
09-25-2003, 07:07 PM
How bout "I've had enough, steppin out of line,
Aint' gonna stop me babe, ain't worth a dime,
You nearly had me fooled, wastin' all my time,
You nearly broke my heart,
And when you broke my heart,
I know it ain't my crime"
I like THAT better than EITHER song already in this thread :D

Edit- MOTORHEAD is the source for this gem

billfremore
09-26-2003, 07:54 AM
How bout "I've had enough, steppin out of line,
Aint' gonna stop me babe, ain't worth a dime,
You nearly had me fooled, wastin' all my time,
You nearly broke my heart,
And when you broke my heart,
I know it ain't my crime"
I like THAT better than EITHER song already in this thread :D

Edit- MOTORHEAD is the source for this gem

You are such a slut for Motorhead MBdon.

bobafrett
09-26-2003, 01:54 PM
I was going to say:

Might as well face it
your addicted to love

But then I heard Robert Palmer passed away. :~(

bobafrett
09-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey Hango, are you back from your cruise yet? Let us know as we have missed "As Hango's heart beats" the latest soap opera!

hango fett
09-29-2003, 09:06 PM
yep. i am back. nothing really to report...nobody at school even cared i was gone...i doubt they will care tomorrow when i get my braces of either...buttheads...
h

derek
09-29-2003, 09:39 PM
your parents let you skip school to go on a boat ride? :confused:

Exhaust Port
09-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Hango, make sure to flash your new smile at this girl. :D

hango fett
09-30-2003, 11:59 AM
oh, i will today if i get a ride home. hopefully i will...it would be nice, but i'm not counting my chickens just yet.
i will keep you posted!
hango

hango fett
09-30-2003, 03:12 PM
well, i got a ride home! it was pretty cool. one of the senoirs (whos girlfreind is heathers freind.) got pulled over. they came out of the parking lot right after we did and he must have speed up and got pulled over because heather said "oh my gosh! swick (his last name) got pulled over!" we both laughed and went on towards my house. she was nice today. she just complained that we weren't going to have a prom...big woop. i really could care less about prom.
h

Rogue II
09-30-2003, 04:00 PM
she just complained that we weren't going to have a prom...big woop. i really could care less about prom.
h

For some reason, women like proms and dances. They enjoy getting dressed up and going out. Yes, it sucks, it is one of those things you have to put up with it. :)

Dr Zoltar
09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
For some reason, women like proms and dances. They enjoy getting dressed up and going out. Yes, it sucks, it is one of those things you have to put up with it. :)
But if a guy goes to a prom with a date, they should split the cost. It's too expensive now to expect one person to pay for dinner, the tickets, the pictures, etc.

I went to two formal proms while in high school, and to be honest, I can barely remember them. They didn't really impact my life at all. But seeing the girls all dressed up was nice...

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 05:35 PM
she just complained that we weren't going to have a prom...big woop. i really could care less about prom.
h

That was your opening man. You should have said why dont we go out one night instead. It may not be too late. Try again in the morning if it gets brought up.

hango fett
09-30-2003, 07:16 PM
cool! thanks for the idea, kid! ;) i will try it! hope it works! or...i could say "if we do have a prom, want to go with me?" would that be ok?
???
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Uh, if she said the school isn't giong to have a prom, odds are, that won't change. Definately go for that one dude. That's your ticket, my friend! :D

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 08:39 PM
cool! thanks for the idea, kid! ;) i will try it! hope it works! or...i could say "if we do have a prom, want to go with me?" would that be ok?
???
h

Proms are usually a big deal. If they arent having one right now, odds are they aint going to change tomorrow. Go for the sure thing. If she brings it up again, then bam, you got your in, if not try to work it in somehow.

plo koon 200
09-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Like they said, that is a big one. You may even bring it up the prom yourself and if she shows interest then do as they said. That is your opening.

Capitan_Moroni
09-30-2003, 11:22 PM
???
h

Dont you have to ask her in some "creative" way? or is that just a silly Utah thing? :confused:

kool-aid killer
10-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Why isnt your school having a prom, Hango? They arent all that fun (at least if you dont know how to dance) but like previously mentioned a good way to see all the girls dressed up. I went to two in my high school career, my schools (which even though it was located in a nice area had/has a reputation for being "ghetto" and to the prom of a school in one of the better off financially neighborhoods) both were fun for the most part except going to the second one probably was a mistake (i should have known the girl was psycho, i met her at a funeral!) But good luck Hango, and dont waste too much time.

hango fett
10-01-2003, 02:54 PM
well, i got a ride home agian today. she talked to me about her friends boyfriend getting pulled over and stuff. i said "oh, man i have to work tonight." and she said "I wish i had a job." i said "i wish i had a better job than the one i have now." she dropped me off, i said thanks and she said "see ya!"
cool...
h

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 03:09 PM
well, i got a ride home agian today. she talked to me about her friends boyfriend getting pulled over and stuff. i said "oh, man i have to work tonight." and she said "I wish i had a job." i said "i wish i had a better job than the one i have now." she dropped me off, i said thanks and she said "see ya!"
cool...
h

Ahh, young love, I remember those times. No, actually I don't. I forgot what love is, other than my love for Star Wars, and my love for my son. It is better to have love and to have lost then to never have had love at all. I probably slaughtered that one.

The greatest thing
you'll ever learn
Is to Love
And be Loved
In Return

Anakin2121
10-01-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm sure the school will surely have some other dances this year though, right?

hango fett
10-02-2003, 10:59 AM
well, once again, i will be gettign a ride home. i will let you know how it goes!
h

hango fett
10-02-2003, 07:50 PM
actually, i didn't get a ride from her today. she came up to me before school got out and said "i forgot that we have a junior class officer meeting. sorry." i said "thats ok." and the whole time i looked right into her eyes and she looked right into mine...not the normal way either, the halfway romantic halfway sorry way. it felt good and i knew there was "chemistry" happening then.
i will keep you posted!
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Ah, looking into the eyes....GAG ME!!!

(mike looks to the floor and shuffles away, muttering to himself)

hehehhehehehehhehehe nah, go Hango!! You should've been like.."i'll forgive you if you make out with me." but hey, that's just me, and where am I? My last girlfriend went psycho!! she had a fear of commitment...which, really isn't my fault..hell, come to think of it, i'm the man! lol Nah, not in the least, actually...far from it!! Congrats anyway! :D

EricRG
10-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Alright, enough of this take it slow stuff. Hango, didja ever see "The Little Mermaid"? Remember the scene where they are in the boat and the crab Sebastian sings to them? That should be you! Listen to Seb, man!

Kidhuman
10-03-2003, 10:43 AM
You've got to Kiss The Girl

Exhaust Port
10-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Be careful reading into her "looking into eyes." For all you know she's thinking "man, his eyes are crossed." You've got to ask her out, then start looking for signs.

Exhaust Port
10-10-2003, 11:44 AM
What's the latest, it's been over a week.

Kidhuman
10-10-2003, 12:23 PM
I was just wondering the same thing Exhaust Port. Been awhile.

hango fett
10-10-2003, 01:13 PM
absolutly zilch. i haven't even asked for a ride in two days because i think she's getting tired of me. oh, well...such is life..
h

Exhaust Port
10-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Well, you have nothing to lose, ask her out!

Kidhuman
10-10-2003, 02:58 PM
You never know, just say, "GO OUT WITH ME WOMAN!!!!!!"

InsaneJediGirl
10-10-2003, 04:11 PM
absolutly zilch. i haven't even asked for a ride in two days because i think she's getting tired of me. oh, well...such is life..
h

Probably because you havent done anything new.Ask her out Hango,before its too late,and she moves onto the next guy willing to take her somewhere.

hango fett
10-10-2003, 07:59 PM
maybe. i might next monday...hopefully i have the strength to do it...
h

Exhaust Port
10-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Clench your hands over your head and yell at the top of your lungs "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL.....WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!!!!"

Trust me, chicks dig it. :D

kool-aid killer
10-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Hango, i would hold off on asking her for a ride. If she liked you a lot she would be asking if you wanted a ride. I say ask her out, just say something along the lines of "what are you doing today" and if she says she has nothing planned ask her if she would like to go somewhere like a mall perhaps. You have nothing to lose that i can think of. But if she does think you are boring or annoying, dont worry, you live and you learn. Plus there are tons of other fish in the sea.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-11-2003, 11:28 PM
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=1342&articleSrc=1&sid=86426932-BF7D-45A5-9B14-81BB9893D0B6&trackingid=516163&theme=213&lid=81

hahahahahahahahahaha MSN has an article about "how to love your geek" Maybe let her read this, Hango. :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
10-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Hmm..The article isnt working JMG.Or is it just me?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Sorry, IJG, the link dies after so long, i guess. Here is the article from MSN:

Loving your geek, tolerating his hobbies
By Matthew Sakey

Back when I was in high school, geeks were not highly regarded as potential boyfriend material. (Being one of them I am eminently qualified to attest to this.) Comic books, thick glasses, computers and chess club just don't match the selling potential of varsity jackets and cool cars. However, it's been noted that some geeks grow up to found software conglomerates, and even those who don't tend to be more agreeable later in life than they were back in their teens.

Like everyone after high school, we mellow out, ditch the young-wizard glasses, and develop the social skills that seemed so sorely lacking when we were pimply youths. However, that doesn't mean that we've lost our geekhood we just conceal it better. More importantly, since you've grown up since high school as well, that geekhood which was so unpleasant back then is kind of charming now try it and you may be surprised. There's no longer any shame in dating a geek, and it can be well worth the effort. The only issue is that sometimes you may find it difficult to understand our peculiarities. While it's not necessary to know the difference between Sauron, Saruman and the Sarlaac to successfully date one of us, mastering the art of tolerance and bemused understanding will assure a long and fruitful relationship with your geek.

Geek care and feeding is easier than many think, because we are generally healthiest when left to our own devices. This doesn't mean we can't do things together; but we do thrive when given a little time to do our own thing. (This conveniently frees you from having to be part of it.) For example, let me wander off to the computer section while you're browsing CDs at the store. And though I am betraying my people to share this, adhere to the strict "yes-no rule" of computer product purchases: If I come back clutching an object in a brightly colored box, let me buy it only if I didn't buy something last time we were shopping. We do tend to overextend our finances, especially on computer equipment it changes so fast, and the stuff is just so neat so it also might behoove you to check the price tag and confirm that I really need this item. (My interpretation of "need" at this point will be highly subjective, so ask the tough questions.) Remember that there's a good chance I only want it because it's new. Geeks are suckers for new stuff.

We geeks are comfortable in herds, so keeping yours content requires that he have the opportunity to associate with his own kind now and then. Conveniently, this also solves the movie problem: Our taste for multiple viewings of certain films may not appeal to you, so let us go with our friends as often as we like. Since geeks generally like movies of all kinds (we just gravitate towards those with dragons or starships over others), you can feel free to choose whatever films you'll see as a couple without fear of whining. Try that with a football star.

If you live together, it's also helpful to grant your geek a little space to call his own. Here we will build our model airplanes, operate our ham radio, play our games, whatever all in gleeful privacy. After a school career of constant abuse, we are rather unsurprisingly embarrassed by our geekdom, so letting us practice it in solitude is a very considerate gesture. We'll appreciate it and you won't have to move all our miniatures off the kitchen table every time you want to eat.

Geeks are among the sweetest and most adoring of boyfriends, and the old prejudice of greasy-haired basement dwellers has long since fallen by the wayside. We can dress ourselves and perform routine grooming tasks, and as geeks move into the mainstream, we are becoming more sought after by savvy women. If you don't share some of your boyfriend's more esoteric hobbies, remember that they'll almost never interfere with all that you do share so let him enjoy them.

InsaneJediGirl
10-12-2003, 10:32 PM

We geeks are comfortable in herds

Herds?No!Change that to clans.You call yourself a geek:p

Tycho
10-14-2003, 01:42 AM
Well, it's October now. What the heck happened? This seemed like a great Reality Show Thread.

(there's an idea. I'll start a reality show thread).

Meanwhile, Arnold Schwarzeneggar has arrived on the scene with an approach. I don't recommend it. But it seems to work in Collie-formula.

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Hmm... Geeky.

What the hell. I don't see any girl thinking that I am such a geek that they must have me. What geek wrote this article.

chrisc
10-16-2003, 02:35 PM
I had a girlfriend once but she broke up with me while I was in Basic Training. It really hurt and have not been looking since the. The other day my mom asked me if I was a homosexual because I didn't seem to be looking right now. Don't that beat all, your own mom asking of your a homosexual!!!

Imperial_Outpost
10-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Man, this is the best thread I've read in ages! Have more interest in this than in Ep III. Hope it has a happy ending!

billfremore
10-16-2003, 04:41 PM
I had a girlfriend once bu she broke up wiyh me while I was in Basic Training. It really hurt and have not been looking since the. The other day my mom asked me if I was a homosexual because I didn't seem to be looking right now. Don't that beat all, your own mom asking of your a homosexual!!!

Doesn't everybody's mom ask them if they're homosexual at one time or another?
Mine did.

plo koon 200
10-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Mine has not, yet. Thank god.

chrisc
10-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Mine has not, yet. Thank god.

Pray that she doesn't

bobafrett
10-17-2003, 12:19 AM
My mom just thinks I'm a goof, and I haven't fallen far from the family tree. I remember in high school my Dad told my brother and I to listen to the lyrics of "Desperado" by the Eagles. He was trying to tell us to get out and date or something. I was afraid of girls then, now I'm just afraid of losing half of my collection in a divorce settlement.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-17-2003, 12:26 AM
That's why the good lord created something to protect our nerd collections, Boba- "prenups" :crazed:

WTH Hango?!?! UPDATE US, DAMMIT! :D

Kidhuman
10-17-2003, 12:31 AM
I know, a day without the updates leaves me in suspense

bobafrett
10-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Maybe he's like on a date or something. It's Thursday though so it's highly unlikely.

JMG, well first I'd have to find someone who would put up with me spending more on my collection than I would for a wedding ring! Nope, I'm just too set in my ways to let anyone come in and spend the rest of their life with. I mean, I just brought my son up from Florida and he's going to be living with me for the next 6 years. That already alters my spending habits. I wouldn't change that for the world though.

Tonysmo
10-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Its been a week!! stop suckin face and give us the update we so desire!!

hango fett
10-18-2003, 08:43 AM
absolutly nothing going on.
theres my update for you guys...
h

bobafrett
10-18-2003, 09:30 AM
The youngling speaks. What happened, just didn't work out? Sometimes you'll find that you say or do something that just turns the person off. I walked through a bowling alley once in my younger days, and a girl kept checking me out, so I went up and set a date with her. We went bowling, she saw my gawd awful bowling style and that pretty much ended the date. Did I do something wrong, No, she just had something against my herky jerky, stop at the line, throw the ball, bowling style. I'm not going to change it to make her happy. There are plenty of women out there, so don't let it get you down!

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2003, 01:22 PM
Bobafrett is right Hango. Don't get down about things when they don't go as you like them to. You are still so very young and there will be plenty of chances in your life to meet someone good. If this girl ends up not being interested just move on and enjoy being who you are. Don't rush things, it will happen when the time is right.
I know I haven't chimed in before this but I have been keeping an eye on this thread and I want you to know I am rooting for you. It's going to happen for you in due time. Patience is the key. Please keep us updated.

kool-aid killer
10-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Sucks to hear but it happens. Perhaps it was because she didnt think you liked her, maybe she (im sorry if this comes off as being mean, its not my intention) seen something in you that wasnt too attractive to her. But like its been posted many times before there are others out there. Hopefully you dont become infatuated with the next one so it wont hurt as much if it doesnt work out as well as youd like.

plo koon 200
10-18-2003, 05:18 PM
I think kool-aid killer, frett, and the others make excellent points. Good luck in the future. There are many people in the same boat such as you so I hope that makes you feel a little better, I hope. Yah good luck. Just take life as it comes at you.

hango fett
10-18-2003, 05:54 PM
thanks for the nice comments guys. i needed that. actually, i just haven't had the time to talk to her. plus i have been riding my bike to school lately because i really son't want to be standing at the corner and end up frozen and late for school.
h

Capitan_Moroni
11-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Soooooooooooooo..........umm, what ever happened? :confused:

hango fett
11-02-2003, 04:15 PM
well, i have been riding my bike. plus she has been takeing her freind (a girl) home and/or riding around with her after school.
h

Anakin2121
11-02-2003, 07:39 PM
So, basically, after twelve pages of advice, nothing happened. :happy:

:p

Exhaust Port
11-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Booooooooo

InsaneJediGirl
11-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Good thing I didnt have money on this.What happened Hango!?

Kidhuman
11-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Grrrrrrr..............Hango, you had good advice man.

Grab her by her locker and plant a kiss on her. If she slaps you, then she dont like you. If she smiles then your in.

billfremore
11-03-2003, 02:21 PM
It's all about taking risk Hango.

I'm suddenly reminded of a quote:

It's only those who do nothing who make no mistakes I suppose

Tonysmo
11-04-2003, 02:02 AM
I think a better question would be.. Hango.. Should we lay off?

Hate to keep pressing the guy into something he may not want to even think about anymore.

regardless - the advice given was great -

plo koon 200
11-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Well I figure that if Hango has not taken any action he just is not yet ready for a relationship. Lets face it, some of us, well at least me, has been in situations that I was not ready for. I'm 18 still don't have a girlfriend and the main reason is that I'm not ready, I think.

bobafrett
11-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey, I'm 38, and I've pretty much said "no more" dating. But eventually he will feel when it's right to ask someone out.

hango fett
11-04-2003, 08:48 PM
i'm ready, it's just i'm not the shinniest penny in the roll...if you get my drift...stupid acne!
h

bobafrett
11-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Well, I walk with a limp, but when I felt good about myself, that didn't matter because it showed when I went to talk to a young lady. But at this point, I don't feel confident about the way I look, and the fact that I'm closing in on 40, nor what I do for a living, and the women can tell. So, until I do something that will make me feel better, I have chosen not to date over getting into some short term relationship.

kool-aid killer
11-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey Hango, dont let acne get you down. I recommend going to a docter and having one get you a prescription for some anti acne cream. It may seem like its an embarrasing thing to go there for but it may help you turn into a cleaner looking penny.

plo koon 200
11-06-2003, 06:07 PM
I had acne really bad and I had to have treatments every month until it went away. There is nothing wrong with going to the doctor for acne medicine. I also have seen a lot of people with serious acne get girls. Don't ask me how they do it but they do.

JetsAndHeels
11-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Hango,
It's all about confidence. When you want to talk to a girl, forget about your shortcomings. In your mind you are the man and you can get any girl you want. Don't come across as a jerk though; there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. And most importantly, be yourself. Be confident in yourself, but don't pretend to be anything you are not. Girls can spot that a mile away and it turns them off big time.

InsaneJediGirl
11-06-2003, 10:49 PM
I've seen many,many guys with bad acne get the 'cheerleader' type girls Hango,so dont let it get you down.

Exhaust Port
11-17-2003, 06:41 PM
I never had the acne problem and still never got the cheerleader if that makes you feel any better. It's not a matter of how clear your skin.

billfremore
11-18-2003, 09:56 AM
The key thing is your attitude.

Relax, don't try to impress but don't be too aloof either.

Listen to her, be attentive to what she likes.

Take risks, life is nothing without risk.

Be yourself, if she doesn't like you for who you are you don't want to be with her, it's too hard on the old self-esteem

If you can find a girl you love to hang around with even if you're not boyfriend/girlfriend and there are romantic feelings involved, bonus!

Chocolate and flowers work, even though they seem cheesy and outdated.

bobafrett
11-18-2003, 07:17 PM
I think the young lad has moved on by now.

hango fett
11-18-2003, 09:38 PM
actually, i have not moved on. i still love her with a passion...and i think she is noticing me more. i caught her looking at me today. i looked over by her and our eyes met, and she quickly looked down at her book.
good sign?
h

InsaneJediGirl
11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Good sign?Hard to tell,however,I would have to say yes.

Tonysmo
11-19-2003, 03:14 AM
Okie Hango - stop toying with all our emotions. j/k

If you like this girl. and she was busted eye-ballin you.

I cannot believe you are still reading this, and not calling this girl for a date.

what in SAM HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

confidence partna' the worst thing to happen is the n word. no. so what. shrug it off. You havent died, you didnt kill the family pet.. you didnt crash the car. you got told no. it happens. Im married. I hear no all the time. you get used to it.

I'll bet 12 thousand republic credits that - you will do fine.

go to her. seek her out. ask her for a date. Ice cream man. you work there. create something just for her.

man o man.. and here I thought you had given up. Kudos to you.

JetsAndHeels
11-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Tonysmo is right. You have got the green light. Time to take advantage of it.
Don't wait any longer Hango. You have to tell this girl how you feel before she gets tired and moves on. Time is valuable.

Whether she likes you or not, you will benefit by approaching her.
First of all, you will be telling her your true feelings for her. No more will you have to torture yourself by wondering if she feels the same way. No matter what her response is she will know how you feel and the ball will then be in her court. Let her sweat this thing out for a change!!
Second, it will help you gain your confidence in approaching girls. It is not an easy thing, but once you have done it you will realize it isn't that bad when you go through with it. This will give you some confidence and experience and will make it a little easier for you in the future.

Go for it man!!
YOU HAVE THE GREEN LIGHT!!

hango fett
11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
ice cream man? its only open march-october. its closed for the year now...that shoots that in the butt. but i will definetly try and ask her out soon. she is right across the room from me now..
h

Exhaust Port
11-19-2003, 10:35 AM
You think if any of us type loud enough she could hear us?

HEY, OVER HERE!!

hango fett
11-19-2003, 02:09 PM
haha! not really. its the end of school now and have computer freedom. might be here for a while.
h

bobafrett
11-19-2003, 03:56 PM
You think if any of us type loud enough she could hear us?

HEY, OVER HERE!!

I suddenly get images of 3PO standing near hango's computer frantically waving and yelling. :D

Come on kid, bust out that move, shake it like a poloroid picture, no wait. Just go ask her, then it's all smooth as butter from that point!

More updates please!!! Have you asked her yet? WELL!!!!!!

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2003, 04:04 PM
then it's all smooth as butter from that point!

Unless some careless person has just finished buttering their toast and there are crumbs on the butter. Then it's not all smooth, but that's probably for a different thread.

Have you tried accidently spitting on her? James Hetfield met his wife that way.

When you do get together with her, stop by the boards with her...well, probably best not to do that. I feel like listening to the song Young Lust now. I'll be back later looking for some more details to your affair with love, hango.

hango fett
11-19-2003, 07:01 PM
i haven't yet! give me time! i would call, but her # isn't in the phone book.....wait! she has a cell phone! :) i can call her on that and not worry about asking for her!
i'll try to et her # so i can call her..
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Give ya time?!?!!? C'mon Hango, you created this thread back on 9-12, bud!! Make your move!!!! :crazed: hehehehehehehehehehe or just wait till your comfortable.

hango fett
11-19-2003, 08:45 PM
i'm comfy, but i don't know if she is. would this work? i have a plan...dun dun dun!
how about i try to get another girl to "go out with me" to make her jealous...of course there are other girls that i am more than happy to go with. some are words i can't say in this board, so i won't. grouchy. thats what i will say...but anyways, there are about 5 others i would like to date, but none as bad as heather. i would give my life for heather.

i hope something works evetually...
H

plo koon 200
11-19-2003, 09:39 PM
i'm comfy, but i don't know if she is. would this work? i have a plan...dun dun dun!
how about i try to get another girl to "go out with me" to make her jealous...of course there are other girls that i am more than happy to go with. some are words i can't say in this board, so i won't. grouchy. thats what i will say...but anyways, there are about 5 others i would like to date, but none as bad as heather. i would give my life for heather.

i hope something works evetually...
H

That is a very, very, very bad idea that never works. What may happen is that you end up with a girl that you really hates and she may really like you.

If I were you I would not go there. Afterall girls never really get jealous unless it has to do with their sisters.

Exhaust Port
11-19-2003, 09:57 PM
I would stear clear of the jealousy method. It often results in retaliation if she is really hurt by your actions. She gets jealous of you and your new girlfriend, she'll turn around and date someone who she knows will burn you. Now you're dating some girl you don't really like while you watch some dork make out with your dream girl. Not good.

hango fett
11-20-2003, 11:03 AM
ok...i figured i would have to just put that last idea on for the heck of it. oh, i caught her looking at me again today in chemistry(my dad teaches it :rolleyes: ). she looked for a second or two and then i looked at the clock and she looked at her book. oh, yeah! it's computer class now and she is right across the room yell for her!
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2003, 11:13 AM
HEY, YOU, GIRL OVER THERE!!!! NO, NOT YOU!! THE OTHER GIRL!!! YEAH, YOU!! HANGO THINKS ITS HIS DUTY TO PLEASE THAT BOOTY!!! C'MON OVER AND GIVE THE FELLA A CHANCE!!!!! :crazed:

There, hoped that helped! ;)

kool-aid killer
11-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Hango, youre wack!!! Get on with it man. But dont try to plan it, because unexpected things always seem to pop up. The only time a "plan" ever worked for me was when i planned to met a cute girl (this is the one i became infatuated with much like you are right now) i worked with in the break room. She was new to the job so she didnt have any friends at work. I came in and we just started talking about what was on the tube. Pretty soon she was asking me to go on breaks with her and though we had a falling out months later (various twist and turns in the story), it came out better than me waiting around until she noticed me.

I fear you might end up kicking yourself if you dont move. Another girl i used to work with (i didnt know her name but thought she was cute) would always catch me looking at her; she wouldnt turn away or make a face like she wasnt interested. This stupid game went on for five months but i never asked her out because she was always with her friends and i wasnt too keen on letting them know i was interested in their friend. Well one night i breifly seen her at a party but i didnt get to talk to her until a two days later. Being the fool that i am, i didnt ask for a number. Well a couple of weeks later she quit. I kick myself often when i think about it because i blew so many chances to meet her. Dont let it happen to you.

hango fett
11-20-2003, 12:41 PM
hehehe! this is my second computer class and she isn't in here. besides, when you replied, guyute, it was 11:13 and my 1st pc class ended at 11:05.

if she would have seen that, i would probably be makeing up some lame excuse as to why it had nothing to do with her!!!
aaaaaahhhh!
h

Anakin2121
11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Kool-aid Killer says it best. You need to seize the opportunities as they come to you.

If you asked her....
Just think about it. Here's all the various scenarios.

-She says, "Good one, cowboy, but I HAVE a boyfriend!" In this case you can always take the "Let's be friends" card and bide your time.

-She says, "Oh, I'd like to go to [blank] with you, but I have work." You could work around it, ask her if her boss would let her off, or find out what her hours are. However, if she says she has work, but just one day earlier she was complaining about having no money because she's unemployed, then you know she's laying on the BS a little thick. Ditto if she says no because she has to wash her hair. :D

-She says, "No" or possibly "No, you aren't my type." Don't be like, "Why?!" and start sobbing, and don't be like, "Fine, f*ck you, b*tch, I don't even like you anyway" either. :p Just say, "Okay, thanks anyway," and leave, no questions asked. She doesn't need to explain herself to you, and if you keep picking at it, it'll only make things worse. Plus, if you just walk away calmly and casually, at the very least it lets her KNOW that you're interested in her!

-She says, "Yes." Then you can talk to her about where to go and when, and work it out. Going on the date itself is a whole nother story! This thread is dedicated to GETTING a date in the first place. :)

hango fett
11-20-2003, 03:09 PM
oy...this makes my head hurt thinking about all the options..i just need to get my strength up to ask her out...or i could help her in chemistry! yes! my dad leaves his book here at the house and i ususally get the answers out of it. i could see if she wants the answers to anything due.
good idea?
h

InsaneJediGirl
11-20-2003, 03:43 PM
HEY, YOU, GIRL OVER THERE!!!! NO, NOT YOU!! THE OTHER GIRL!!! YEAH, YOU!! HANGO THINKS ITS HIS DUTY TO PLEASE THAT BOOTY!!! C'MON OVER AND GIVE THE FELLA A CHANCE!!!!! :crazed:

Yeah,I bet she really wants to date Hango now :p :crazed:

Dont do the jealousy thing,then this girl wont date you,ever.The 'study' thing is good,the only problem is if she is already good at the subject.

Lord Malakite
11-20-2003, 04:06 PM
oy...this makes my head hurt thinking about all the options..i just need to get my strength up to ask her out...or i could help her in chemistry! yes! my dad leaves his book here at the house and i ususally get the answers out of it. i could see if she wants the answers to anything due.
good idea?
h
Cheating is bad, mmmkay.

JON9000
11-20-2003, 04:27 PM
I have soooo been in Hango's shoes. It ain't any kind of fun. I see where this is going. It's like watching a train wreck.

You can tell. Your brain has a part of it that will allow you to determine whether or not this girl is into you. If it isn't obvious, it probably isn't there. And let's face it, if it were obvious, you'd already be in there. It is easy to obsess, and it isn't healthy. It is only made worse by having her around all the time, yet not having her. Trying to do a lot for her turns you into her pet (low respect), and she will get the inkling you like her that way perhaps, but she will be iffy about it because you didn't come right out and say it.

And if you stay on this course, some other dude will move in and I swear up and down, whatever your intentions are about being her friend, it will eat you up inside to see her with someone else, and you will resent it.

This is the only advice I have, and usually I wouldn't presume, but... here goes.

Just ask her if she would go out with you. and not on a just friends basis. Tell you are attracted to her, and get it out of the way. If she says yes, congratulations, you got the anxiety out of the way, and you can start having fun. If she says no, at least you can move on. And that will require limiting your contact with her.

The longer you go on building her up, the worse it will be after, I promise. But be sure to tell her you are attracted to her. If you just give the old let's go out, she'll think friend and it'll suck even worse if she turns around and starts dating someone else.

I have been there, and it wasn't funny. GOOD LUCK!!!

Oh BTW- that was a long time ago and while it was really cruddy at the time, things have definitely improved a gazillion times over. So even if it does't work out, give yourself some time. Girls change when they get to college. Big time. And there really are a million fine women out there! :)

Anakin2121
11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Here's a shot of me and a ....female 'escort' ;)....at a semi-formal last week. It's not a very big picture and I had to shrink it and ruin the image quality so it could be posted, but....

The point is, Hango, if I can get a girl, so can you. After all, I was on my own, and you on the other hand, have been getting all this useful advice! :p

JetsAndHeels
11-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Hango, what is it going to take to pump you up for this? What do we have to do as your friends here to get you to make the move?
When I played football in high school the coach always had a pep talk before we took the field. That man could make Mother Theresa mad. He would put fire in our eyes and when we got on that field we were animals. Nothing could stop us from achieving our goal. It is something like that which can motivate you to get up and make something happen.
So I will ask you just like my football coach asked us:

Are you going to sit there and let nothing happen, or are you going to make a difference out there?
Are you going to let some other team (in your case another guy) take what is rightfully yours?? (for us that was a win, for you it is this girl)
Are you going to get out there and display the confidence and the dedication to make it happen?
Or,
Are you going to sit on the sidelines and just watch, and be defeated?

So what is it going to be Hango?? Do you really want this or not??

Tonysmo
11-21-2003, 04:02 PM
forget about hango.. heck, do it for us. Youve got 15 other people sitting on pins and needles waiting for you to GET YOUR DATE with this girl. We all know its gonna happen..

Youve busted her yet again lookin your way. No jealousy, no need for that? where did that even come from? STOP BRAINSTORMING DAMMIT! you dont need to cheat on homework. You need.. to ask this girl out.

thats it bud, thats the bottom line. three really really easy words, then a BUTTLOAD comes off your shoulders.. wanna go out? thats it.. thats all it takes man. Instantanous gratification because you no longer hold the cards. The weight will shift.

ASK HER OUT!!

you have the mercy of the boards dude ,. were all 150% behind you. We've given you some of the best advice Ive ever seen. from all realms., old dudes. young dudes. even women.. the only thing we cant do is ask her for you..

hango fett
11-21-2003, 07:59 PM
i will! it's just that there is this guy that talks to her all the time but isn't at school much. i will wait untill he is not there and then ask her. the guy has a girlfriend, but he still flirts with all the girls
rrrgh!
h