PDA

View Full Version : New Zelda Bonus Disc

Lord Malakite
09-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Game Informer has just reported something which sounds like I dream come true for many Zelda fans! Nintendo is supposedly planning to put together a special GCN bundle this Christmas. If you purchase a GameCube you will also recieve a bonus disc containing many Zelda goodies, which will include the following

-- The Legend of Zelda
-- Zelda II: Adventure of Link
-- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-- A Zelda Documentary

There is yet no word on whether or not the games will be upgraded in any way, and it is also still unclear if this exceptional disc will only be available if you purchase a GameCube.

Of course this is still no more than a hot rumor, but Game Informer and Billy Berghammer (the old founder and owner of Planet GameCube) is to be considered as a very reliable source, so there just might be a hint of truth here! More on this story as it develops.

QLD
09-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Sounds cool....but I already have all of the games....and I don't need another Gamecube.

evenflow
09-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Thats cool and all but i already have a gamecube. I would just wan tto buy all the games on that disc.

CooLJoE
09-14-2003, 02:03 AM
What the? Wheres Zelda 3:A Link to the Past? Thats my favorite one and its not even on the list.

Shame Nintendo...Shame.

And yes, I have a gamecube...so I won't have a chance at the disc.

scruffziller
09-17-2003, 12:28 PM
What the? Wheres Zelda 3:A Link to the Past? Thats my favorite one and its not even on the list.

Shame Nintendo...Shame.

And yes, I have a gamecube...so I won't have a chance at the disc.
Yea I agree. I think the 4 sword version of that for GBA is going to be released on GC itself.

Lord Malakite
10-08-2003, 02:41 PM
"A Link to the Past" wasn't included on the disc CooLJoE because of the Game Boy Advance remake release of the game with "Four Swords". Nintendo is a business after all and needs to make money.

"Four Swords" is indeed being made for the GameCube scruff, however it isn't the same game as the Game Boy Advance "Four Swords".

Both games can be played on the GameCube though if you have a Game Boy Player, along with the "Oracle of Seasons", "Oracle of Ages", "Link's Awakening" (both original and DX versions), and "Zelda" for the Game & Watch Series (its included on "Game & Watch Gallery Advance").

IGN has posted some pictures of the game's DVD case now. Also, the documentory that was to be included was removed to include a playable demo of "The Wind Waker" instead.

CooLJoE
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
I suppose, but then explain why there is a regular Zelda already on GBA/GBC (gameboy color) and they are still putting that on the bonus disc.

Lord Malakite
10-09-2003, 02:11 AM
I suppose, but then explain why there is a regular Zelda already on GBA/GBC (gameboy color) and they are still putting that on the bonus disc.
None of the games on the new Bonus Disc have ever appeared on any of the Game Boy systems. Below are all the games released so far for those systems.

Game Boy (GB) - Link's Awakening
Game Boy Color (GBC) - Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons
Game Boy Advance (GBA) - A Link to the Past/Four Swords, Game & Watch Gallery Advance (includes G&W Zelda)

evenflow
10-09-2003, 08:13 AM
This is cool and all, but i really want that disc but dont need another gamecube. I hope there is a way for us Zelda fans to get it without buying a gamecube.

scruffziller
10-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Boy that is a cool cover!!!:happy:

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, its official now. Yours truly is getting a gamecube this Christmas. That original Zelda game is by far one of my favorite titles of all time. I cannot wait to play it again.
Thanks for all the info.

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2003, 08:21 PM
November 04, 2003 - Nintendo of America today announced that November 17 gamers can pick up The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Bundle, which includes a GameCube and a Zelda bonus disc with several classic franchise titles, for $99.99 -- the same low price the system sells for now.

The bonus Zelda disc will include all of the following games:

The Legend of Zelda, the original 1987 game originally developed for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that introduced Link, Zelda, Ganon and the magical world of Hyrule
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the 1988 NES adventure that combined exploration, action, magic and weapons
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the 1998 hit originally developed for the Nintendo 64 that let players travel through time, explore vast territories and solve puzzles, all in a 3D environment
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, the 2000 sequel originally developed for the Nintendo 64 that let players don masks to transform into various characters, all while battling against the clock
A playable demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, the series' 2003 debut on the Nintendo GameCube that included cel-shaded visuals and unique facial animation in the richest, most expansive environment yet
The disc will also feature a short retrospective history of the Zelda franchise and gameplay footage highlights from Wind Waker.

"This offer is the ultimate treat for fans of The Legend of Zelda series," said George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications. "Just buy a Nintendo GameCube at the new low MSRP of $99.99 and you get the special The Legend of Zelda offer at no additional cost."

Players who already own a GameCube can get the disc in one of two ways, according to Nintendo. The first way is to register their GameCube system along with two of the following games: Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Mario & Luigi, Superstar Saga, and 1080 Avalanche. The other way to get the disc is by subscribing to or renewing a subscription with Nintendo Power, the publisher's in-house magazine.

Well, now you know the other ways to get ahold of the disc.

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the info JBF. Looks like Christmas comes early for me this year. I have to pick up that system and disc.

bigbarada
12-21-2003, 11:30 PM
After having to pawn my old Gamecube system (I needed the money for college tuition), I saw this as the perfect excuse to buy a new system. The fact that the price went down to $100 was also a big incentive.

Anyways, a short review of what I have played off this disc so far:

The NES Zeldas: I was introduced to the series with the SNES version, so I am having a little trouble figuring these games out. I'll get a player's guide and try them again. I can see why Zelda 2 is considered to be the worst in the series though.

Zelda OOT: pretty much identical to the N64 version, the graphics seem choppier, but that could be just because I am so used to the Gamecube graphics.

Zelda Majora's Mask: this is the only real disappointment on this disc, since it is my favorite version of Zelda to date. The sound is really glitchy and distorted and the framerate of the graphics seems to be about half that of its N64 counterpart. That's almost inconceivable considering how much more powerful the Gamecube is. Just a very sloppy, half-arsed conversion. :dis:

Zelda Wind Waker 20-minute demo: this is the demo version of Wind Waker that you could play in Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. before the game came out. Kind of pointless if you already own Wind Waker. They could have left this off and spent the extra time ironing out the unforgiveable crappiness of the Majora's Mask conversion.

Of course, what can you expect from a freebie disc?

Sentinel18725
12-22-2003, 06:11 AM
is this disk goingto be available on its own or am I going to have to get this via used store?

Lord Malakite
12-23-2003, 02:39 AM
is this disk goingto be available on its own or am I going to have to get this via used store?

Depends on what you mean by "on its own".

If you mean "are they ever going to sale it on store shelves by itself", then no. As JBF mentioned though, you can get the game by itself without buying a new GameCube system through one of two other methods as a free gift.

1. Buy 2 of the following 4 games (1080 Avalanche-GameCube, Mario Party 5-GameCube, Mario Kart: Double Dash-GameCube, Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga-Game Boy Advance) and register them on Nintendo's website along with your GameCube as a member.

2. Subscribe/renew you subscription to Nintendo Power magazine and ask for the game as your bonus for signing up.