PDA

View Full Version : Geonosian Starfighters (And Hailfire droids?) are here at last!!!

Darth Sidious
09-14-2003, 01:05 PM
This is basically the exact same post as I posted in the collector's club threads, but I figured I'd put it here to make it a bit more public, seeing as this is one of the most popular forum sections...

I went to Target today, and saw...

A GEONOSIAN STARFIGHTER!

Needlesss to say, I picked it up right away. It is awesome, even the gimmick is tolerable. The pointy parts are a bit bendy, but it's not too noticable. I LOVE the pilot, he has a little air mask that looks like a muzzle with a hose that goes into a hole in the control panel...It's almost "cute". :D The canopy is awesome, the whole ship looks very Geonosian. It is small, about 15 inches long and quite thin, but that is exactly how I hoped it would be, because they are smaller ships. The missiles fire pretty well. I only wish I could have gotten a Hailfire Droid too...According to the booklet in the box, the Hailfire Droid really does come with 32 missiles! I also saw the Jedi Council set (The one with Yarael Poof) and the Separatist set that comes with Nute Gunray; I found the CW Anakin too. I passed on all of those except for the Starfighter, though. Good luck, I hope this cool ship may grace everyone's collections soon! :) If you have any questions about the starfighter, feel free to ask.

Banthaholic
09-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Too cool, hopefully these show up at my Target sometime this week.

Boba Fetish
09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
What!! New Stuff? On a Sunday morning? :eek: Gees, I've been going on the wrong day of the week. Goodbye Church, hello Target.

Tycho
09-15-2003, 12:28 AM
LOL. Star Wars is a religion, and right now it does look like Target is our preferred church.

The Hailfire's awesome! (well, about what I expected - it's not like the Republic Gunship or anything - but that's why the Clones won!)

I haven't opened a Geonosian Fighter yet. Great review Darth Sidious (in the review section).

But The Hailfire's twist-tie hell again. :rolleyes: So that's enough unravelling of cardboard and wires tonight. Oh - and there's little stickers like it makes a difference.

It's a good toy though. And I look forward to playing with a Geonosian Fighter tomorrow. Good finds Darth Sidious!

RussUAE
09-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Fantastic Vehicles - best in what seems a very long time!

Tycho
09-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Fantastic Vehicles - best in what seems a very long time!

Nah: Slave-One (Jango's) and the Republic Gunship were better - as could be the new TIE Fighter. But these new boys are good!

Darth Sidious
09-15-2003, 03:05 PM
The Hailfire's awesome! (well, about what I expected - it's not like the Republic Gunship or anything - but that's why the Clones won!)

I haven't opened a Geonosian Fighter yet. Great review Darth Sidious (in the review section).

But The Hailfire's twist-tie hell again. :rolleyes: So that's enough unravelling of cardboard and wires tonight. Oh - and there's little stickers like it makes a difference.

It's a good toy though. And I look forward to playing with a Geonosian Fighter tomorrow. Good finds Darth Sidious!

I'm glad to hear that they did a good job on it, anyone who has heard my rants knows that that is the "Ship" (Well, Droid) that I have been wanting ever since AotC came out in theaters... I agree about the Clones, too. A Gunship with Pilot Clone Ball Turret accessories is unstoppable! :evil:

Glad you liked my review, by the way. :)

Ah, wires, I expected that, since the Hailfire Droid...well, it just LOOKS like something that would have a ton of wires, doesn't it? :D Oh well, when I find that I'll be happy to see the wires, even.

I'm sure you'll like your Geonosian fighter, hope yours isn't too floppy... :p

Oh, by the way, how tall is the Hailfire Droid, at its highest point? I could never really tell how big they were in the movies...

Tycho
09-15-2003, 03:35 PM
The wheels come up above the Gamorrean Guard's shoulders if that helps any. I don't have a measure handy, but I suppose 3 droids standing on each others' shoulders? Dunno.

Darth Sidious
09-15-2003, 03:44 PM
The wheels come up above the Gamorrean Guard's shoulders if that helps any. I don't have a measure handy, but I suppose 3 droids standing on each others' shoulders? Dunno.

Oh, okay, three figures high is pretty good. When I read Gammorean Guard, at first I thought you meant the 3 3/4" one! :D (I forgot about the 12 inch since I don't collect those)

RussUAE
09-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Nah: Slave-One (Jango's) and the Republic Gunship were better

True, but that was over a year ago. That said, I have no illusions that we'll get anything else as cool for the next 12 months either!

Turbowars
09-16-2003, 12:03 AM
This is basically the exact same post as I posted in the collector's club threads, but I figured I'd put it here to make it a bit more public, seeing as this is one of the most popular forum sections...

I went to Target today, and saw...

A GEONOSIAN STARFIGHTER!

Needlesss to say, I picked it up right away. It is awesome, even the gimmick is tolerable. The pointy parts are a bit bendy, but it's not too noticable. I LOVE the pilot, he has a little air mask that looks like a muzzle with a hose that goes into a hole in the control panel...It's almost "cute". :D The canopy is awesome, the whole ship looks very Geonosian. It is small, about 15 inches long and quite thin, but that is exactly how I hoped it would be, because they are smaller ships. The missiles fire pretty well. I only wish I could have gotten a Hailfire Droid too...According to the booklet in the box, the Hailfire Droid really does come with 32 missiles! I also saw the Jedi Council set (The one with Yarael Poof) and the Separatist set that comes with Nute Gunray; I found the CW Anakin too. I passed on all of those except for the Starfighter, though. Good luck, I hope this cool ship may grace everyone's collections soon! :) If you have any questions about the starfighter, feel free to ask. Only half of the missiles fire, but still very cool. I'm not a huge fan of Hasbros crappy scaled ships, but I really have to get this baby. Does the wheels turn smooth? Do they click or anything?

Tycho
09-16-2003, 02:21 AM
The wheels sort of make a clackety-clack sound. I don't think it's intentional, but it's cool nevertheless. Like there's power behind that droid's arsenal (and there is!)

It rolls better in reverse than forward for some reason. Probably scared of that blasted Gunship pointing 8 inch missles at it! Smart droid. ;)

But I have thicker carpeting and linoleum in my kitchen. I haven't tried cement outside where kids might play with this and loose a ton of missles.

I think they should release a Separatists' Accessory Pack:

Tonbuck Toora
Niemodian Aide to Nute Gunray
Senator Tiikes (Squidhead)
Geonosian Warrior repack
8 missles for the Hailfire
Rolled up Destroyer Droid for launcher (or dioramas)
Battle Droid Blasters
Blast Effects
A Geonosian Cannon with Sonic Blast

Various other stuff

kool-aid killer
09-16-2003, 10:13 AM
I plan on picking up one of each just to bolster my Separatist army. Can anybody tell me how much they retail for? Just so i have an idea of how much extra i should take to my favorite Target next time i visit.

Tycho
09-16-2003, 11:54 AM
$19.99 each. A fair price.

Hellboy
09-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Found both today but I'll probably wait until tomorrow to assemble. They both look great so far and for 20 bucks I'll agree they are priced well especially when you consider you get a Geonosian Pilot w/ the Starfighter.

Banthaholic
09-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Both these babies were are Target today,they had 3 of each this morning, and 2 of each after I left.
Target rules!
They've been getting new SW in at least 3 times a week, and usually it's all sold within a day or two.
I'm glad to have both of these in my collection, been along time coming. I remember last fall playing SW Clone Wars for Game Cube hoping a hailfire would come out, and WAHLA here she is.