PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker

plasticfetish
09-15-2003, 12:46 PM
First some photos.
The first two are full body with gear on.
The third is a close up of the face.

plasticfetish
09-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, I'll just get to it right off the top ... this is a super cool figure.

It looks great! The sculpt and everything about it is perfect. Little details like dings and scratches to the armor are nice, different cloth textures are nice. The face sculpt is amazing ... I'm really shocked at how nice this one is compared to most of the others that we've seen. I mean ... he's got that angry face ... now that's the guy that turns into Vader. I also dig the left hand pose. Paint is perfect. A nice variety of different finishes, some glossy, some flat ... no messy spots or sticky paint.

It feels great! NICE hard plastic here ... not the flimsy soft garbage that we've had over the past few years. Seriously, it makes a big difference.

It plays great! Ball socket shoulders! forearms rotate at the elbows. Standard neck, waist and hip articulation. It even stands up pretty well (not perfectly though) on its own. The spread leg stance is a bit more than I like, but it doesn't hurt this figure. The "gear" is good. Lightsaber, gauntlets, bandolier and headset ... all fit like they're supposed to and look good when on. I honestly wasn't too excited about the headset from the preview photos, but it looks fine ... and (unlike pilot Obi-Wan) it comes off if you want.

If I had to find something to complain about, I'd say that the right hand doesn't grip the saber very tightly ... you have to give it a bit of a squeeze.

To sum it up. If all of the Clone Wars figures are this nice, I'll be buying them all (x2). I'll probably pick up another of these Anakin figures for the kid ... I'm sure he'll love it.

NICE job Hasbro!

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Great review. I wonder how it can be as good a sculpt as Hangar Duel Anakin (which is a badly made figure.. bad paint jobs, cheap plastic etc.) I just ordered the Clone Wars Anakin and I'm even more excited about it now. :)

Billy_Dee_Binks
09-29-2003, 01:17 PM
I too like this figure very much. My only concern is how he is going to fit in his own Starfighter.I like the likeness even thought, I wasnīt amazed when I first saw some close-ups of his face when he was first previewed.
It turned out to be quite nice.The only thing Iīm having a problem with is that mine canīt really keep the sabre hilt in his hand and that he has a hard time standing.

Iīd say, bring on the Seperatists!

plasticfetish
09-29-2003, 03:08 PM
My only concern is how he is going to fit in his own Starfighter.
Yeah, that's a good point ... I was wondering that myself. It'll probably work like most others and you'll have to cram him in there.

Billy_Dee_Binks
10-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Maybe thereīll be a big hole at the bottom of the canopy. :p

Hellboy
10-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah this is a really good figure. I wish the binoculars could be removed but it's not that big of a deal. The accessories are cool and his expression coveys his aggressiveness well. I sure hope he fits in the Starfighter too because I bought 2, but I played it smart and won't open the 2nd one until I can confirm this. It's a shame CW Obi-Wan didn't turn out to be this good.

Grade: B+

seanmcfripp
10-30-2003, 07:58 AM
I really like CW Anakin too. I think when a figure is EU, we tend to judge the figures a little less harshly because there are less "onscreen" points of reference. CW Anakin is just a cool figure, plain and simple, even if it weren't part of the Star Wars line.

I too wish the binoculars came off the belt. I also have a problem with his saber holding hand. But I do love that he fits on his speeder (well, actually it's Owen Lars speeder). His feet don't quite match up with the foot pegs, but the seat belt keeps him in place, and his left hand holds the handle bar surprisingly well. Durge has a long spear on his speeder used for jousting...hmmm...a spear vs. a lightsaber. Looks like Durge's jousting days are over.