PDA

View Full Version : Now that Hasbro Toys are reaching stores, are you finding everything you needed?

Tycho
09-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Now that a lot more Star Wars is reaching stores, are you filling all the
holes in your 2003 collection?

Personally, I've found everything pretty close to their release time. How are you guys doing?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2003, 04:49 PM
I haven't got everything from 2003 yet. For basic figures, I still need wedding Padmé, Maul, and the new Faytonni wave. I've never seen the deluxe Kamino sets, which sucks. I just got set 2 of both screen scenes, but not set 1. So it's odd.

Battle Droid
09-15-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm not finding anything, not even those exclusive Clone Wars Wal-Mart figures. Don't they have to get those since they're exclusive?

plasticfetish
09-15-2003, 05:37 PM
"Yes I'm finding everything I've been missing, and new stuff too"

Most of the stuff that was hard to find from a while ago ... Hoth Han, Tusken Camp, Factory Padme, Red Battle Droid, etc. is showing up at Target.

The later Saga stuff is still pretty hard to come by (from Yoda and the padawans to Wat and Coleman.) Same for the Clone and Jedi (never seen it) 3 packs. War room and Jedi council sets vanish pretty quickly around here, but they keep putting more out.

Clone Wars stuff is just starting to show up.

boogaloo
09-15-2003, 06:25 PM
I have yet to see Coleman, Wat or any little Padawans....I've seen the 3 packs at comic shops and Toys R' Us, but it seems they went light on the Jedi 3 pack. The cinema scenes are like a dream that pobably won't come true for me cuz there aren't any Targets in the area and Toys R Us and Wal Mart suck.

Kidhuman
09-15-2003, 06:57 PM
I bought five out of the seven new ones I found last week. Didnt have interest in the Rebel trooper or red battle droid. That was the only 2003 stuff I have seen.

Dr Zoltar
09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
I still haven't found Ephant Mon at retail. I think I've found at least one of every newer fig so far in the regular line. But it's not consistant. These figs generally disappear within 48 hours.

I also have yet to see the deluxe Obi-Wan, Jango, and Spider Droid anywhere. And the Clone Wars figures (except for the Droids 3 packs) are also missing. The lastest I found was the blue clone trooper 3 pack.

jedi_mindtricks_yoda
09-15-2003, 07:20 PM
I still haven't found Ephant Mon at retail. I think I've found at least one of every newer fig so far in the regular line. But it's not consistant. These figs generally disappear within 48 hours.

I also have yet to see the deluxe Obi-Wan, Jango, and Spider Droid anywhere. And the Clone Wars figures (except for the Droids 3 packs) are also missing. The lastest I found was the blue clone trooper 3 pack.

I can't find the Ephant Mon either and the only new ones that are hold the shelf are the Snow trooper and C3PO. It has become a problem for me to find anything anymore. :frus:

Mandalorian Candidat
09-15-2003, 08:05 PM
I'm also in the non-Ephant Mon boat. I've found everything from 2003 up to the WA-7 and CW waves. They haven't cropped up yet.

LusiferSam
09-15-2003, 08:06 PM
To be honesty, I haven't been looking. The last new figures I found were back in February. I haven't looked for anything since mid May. But I was at Wal-Mart two weeks ago for different purpose, I sneaked a quick peak at what they might have, which was nothing. Between poor distribution, lame toys, and stuff I'm just not interested in I think I may be burned out.

tagmac
09-15-2003, 08:25 PM
I've seen the Hoth Han Solo wave at Target twice in the last couple weeks, and even found CW Anakin and Yoda at KB yesterday. The Clone Wars stuff is starting to show up in more places. However, I have yet to see any 12" since the Padme wave, nor have I seen any Unleashed besides the Anakin/Vader/Padme wave - if not for the online stores, I'd never have gotten all the Unleashed figs.

Namdet Gnoh
09-15-2003, 08:34 PM
If you people are looking for the new clone wars figures or the late saga figures of the padawans and boba fett etc. your best place to look is target, the target by my house has all those figures in stock. For me I got lucky, I wandered into a Kaybee and found all the army builder packs from the Jedi to the Clones. You just got to keep looking everyday, since these items are hot and they will disappear off the shelves quickly. Happy hunting!!

angelbeck80
09-15-2003, 08:41 PM
I don't have a Target in my area, so I have to rely on Walmart, Toysrus, and Kaybee toys. The only place can find 'some' things is at Toysrus. The other day I just about fell over because Walmart actually had one of the Clone Wars value packs in stock! It was the one with Anakin and the blue Clone Trooper in it.

Darth Jax
09-15-2003, 09:05 PM
i'm finding everything saga, from old to new. awaiting the emp. wave to make an appearance. what i haven't seen in months are new 12" or unleashed figures. have seen the early CW 3 packs but haven't seen the new vehicles or WM value packs yet.

while the last month has been good, the rest of the year was pretty dry. i'd rather have things steady than this deluge of toys that are appearing. blows my budget when i go for months without spending on toys and then start buying on a near daily basis.

DarthChuckMc
09-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Since I've changed jobs from Best Buy to Target...things have been considerably better ;)

My store has had all of the 2003 figures from Padme DFC up to Emperor/WA-7 wave (except that darn Padme Secret Ceremony figure :mad: ) in the past month since I started there. Not to mention the screen scenes wave 1 and 2.

Now if only the mid-size ships would come back in with the Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Fighter.

I've managed to get WHITE, BLUE, and GREEN Clone multipacks, both insert variations on the Jedi multipack, and this past weekend, the Clone Wars Value packs.

HASBRO is trying to bankrupt us releasing all this stuff at once. I've spent almost as much money in the past month as I did on April 23rd...which was way to much to begin with...thank you income tax refund :D

Word has it (and evidence on eBay), that the YELLOW Clone multipack is out now.....add another $20+tax to my total for the month. :crazed:

EDIT: ps....due to error on my part...I accidently bought one too many Padme Secret Cermony figures....here's the catch....it was on eBay, and cost me $14 with shipping.....PM me if interested.

thespar
09-15-2003, 09:40 PM
glad to see i am not the only one looking for Ephton Mon. I have start to more of the newer figures in my area. Just the last two week i have found Padme Droid Factroy, Tusken RAdier Adm, the JEdi Lib Driods, both set 1 of the mult fig pack, all the walmart exclu cw.

Jaff
09-15-2003, 09:43 PM
The only things I have found at retailers in the last six months was the Han and Hoth Wave and the first set of the Cinema scenes. Although I'm grateful for the scenes find I still resorted to dealers for Yoda and Chian, Ashla and Jempa, 12" Ewoks, 12" leia in speederbike, both episode II speeder bikes, and the Spider Droid. I do have high hopes for the new stuff. Maybe I'll get lucky before I plan to do an order from a dealer 2 months from now!

CaptainSolo1138
09-15-2003, 10:01 PM
It's getting better. This is the first time in a long time I've seen new stuff at Target before anywhere else. Maybe they're catching on!

dindae
09-15-2003, 10:16 PM
It is definately getting better. The only unfortunate trend I see is that since most of these boxes have been sitting around so long (as the story goes). I have found a lot more crushed items. I hate coming across a whole new case and 9/10 of it are crushed. This is what i'm still needing currently. I put an asterisk by the ones I found but were crushed.

*Yoda & Chain
*Emporer
*wa-7
*Padme wedding
Ach Med Beq
*Dannl Faytonni
*Maul repack
*Luke repack
*Vader repack
*Anikin CW
*ARC Trooper
all value packs
deluxe spider droid
deluxe droid factory
Genosian Fighter
Hailfire Droid

Also I intially thought they were going to have more Jedi council packs. Oh well.

stad
09-15-2003, 11:00 PM
I don't even want to talk about Ephant Mon. I got incredibly lucky and found about 4-5 of them at K-Mart when they were having their $2.99 sale last December. Anyways, I got them for all my friends that don't get to travel and couldn't find him, and kept one for me. So, I did my good deed for my friends and friends' friends and was happy, I had my mint carded Ephant. But wait, you say, what could be wrong with this? Well, no good deed goes unpunished, and someone decided to steal one of my figures while I was away from home. Which one was stolen you ask? One of the few that I had sitting out on my bookshelf, my Ephant. So that's that!

Namdet Gnoh
09-16-2003, 05:47 AM
I don't have a Target in my area, so I have to rely on Walmart, Toysrus, and Kaybee toys. The only place can find 'some' things is at Toysrus. The other day I just about fell over because Walmart actually had one of the Clone Wars value packs in stock! It was the one with Anakin and the blue Clone Trooper in it.
Wow, you got a Walmart, I don't even think a Walmart exists in NYC, lolz, but I can't even find anything at my Toysrus. But hey if you really want some of the figures that you can't find anywhere else, you can always try EBay, they have almost all the figures up for auction and sometimes you might get lucky and get them cheap. KEBco toys is good too, but they ship really late, I placed an order in March and I got the shipment in August. But hey just keep looking... :D

OC47150
09-16-2003, 08:47 AM
It's good to see some of the hard to find items showing up in the stores. I'm still missing a few figures but, in time, they'll show up, too.

I haven't seen the Anakain and Dooku speeder bikes in the stores since April.

ronhudy
09-16-2003, 10:12 AM
I've found pretty much the same thing. We do have the Clone Trooper two packs at Wal-Mart, though.

"Yes I'm finding everything I've been missing, and new stuff too"

Most of the stuff that was hard to find from a while ago ... Hoth Han, Tusken Camp, Factory Padme, Red Battle Droid, etc. is showing up at Target.

The later Saga stuff is still pretty hard to come by (from Yoda and the padawans to Wat and Coleman.) Same for the Clone and Jedi (never seen it) 3 packs. War room and Jedi council sets vanish pretty quickly around here, but they keep putting more out.

Clone Wars stuff is just starting to show up.

Arrogant Arse
09-16-2003, 11:34 AM
I've got most anything I wanted, and at retail. I have all basic figures up to just before the Emperor wave (i.e. still looking for emperor wave.) and I found them pretty much as they came out. I have seen, but didn't buy, Jedi council 1 & 2, War room 1 & 2, CW Ships, Hailfire, Geonosian ship, and speeder bikes. I never saw new Deluxe stuff. I have seen 7 Ephant Mons (Men?), and the last one was 6 months ago. I just have a regular search pattern where I find stuff. As someone's signature line said "If you want to find it you have to shop." That is what I do.

AA

Tycho
09-16-2003, 12:00 PM
Today at my Target, on the racks:

2xTusken Saga
2xPadme Droid Factory
2xLama Su / Clone Kid
2xJedi Analysis Droids
Imperial Officer
Rebel Fleet Trooper

Old:

Taun We
Rebel Soldier (Endor)
3xOrm Free Taa
3xTeemto Pegales

On the shelves:

2x Geonosian War Room #2 (Nute, Passal Argentes, Shu Mai)
1x Jedi Council #2 (Yarael Poof, Depa Billaba, Yaddle)

I don't need any of that stuff, so I left it there. I went late: this was about 9:05am.

If there had been more, like the Hailfire and Geonosian Fighters, they'd been bought and long since gone.

ALL OF THESE FIGURES EXCEPT THE OLD ONES WILL BE GONE BY THIS TIME TOMORROW. (most likely)

Kidhuman
09-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Wow, you got a Walmart, I don't even think a Walmart exists in NYC, lolz, but I can't even find anything at my Toysrus.

There are a few out inLong Isalnd.One in Uniodale and a few out further
Just check the website and go to store locator. Willgive you directions to them.

TheDarthVader
09-16-2003, 12:26 PM
For those that need Ephant Mon, I have some extras on card. We can work a trade if interested. PM me or email me at untyl@aol.com

I am finding more new figures but there are still holes in my 2003 collection. I need: Yoda and Chian, Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee, Ashla and Jempa, Padme Ceremony, Wat Tambor, Coleman Trebor, Darth Maul repack, new Faytonni wave, and Solo repack. I am also looking for more snowtroopers...I need five of the new ones for my AT-AT. I will trade for snowtroopers...the cards CAN be beat up...as long as the figure is in good shape. Anyways, that is the list of figures I need. I have both of the new screen scenes and can get more if anyone wants to trade for them (jedi council and geonosis war room). :)

stillakid
09-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Some peg warmers from months past. Mostly nothing new on the pegs. Today was the exception when I found some of the new Yoda's, ARC troopers, and Obi's.

Still no Clone sets or the Jedi Council.

hellboy73
09-17-2003, 12:22 AM
The Toys R Us in my area (San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles) are a total joke! I get more figures from comic shops, KB Toys and Targets.
There are dealers coming in early on Saturdays and Tuesdays picking up all the newer figures so i have to get them at twice the retail value.

Tycho
09-17-2003, 02:10 AM
Yup. Since 1996 I've almost exclusively gotten all my Star Wars by going to Wal-Mart at 6:45 and Target at 7:45 and letting the Hot Wheels guys do their thing, but getting all I'd want out of the SW before they got to scalping my toys.

Namdet Gnoh
09-17-2003, 05:37 AM
There are a few out inLong Isalnd.One in Uniodale and a few out further
Just check the website and go to store locator. Willgive you directions to them.
Thanks for the info, I'll go check it out, cause I think Target just went dry of all their figures and the Toysrus are down to like a few old saga figures and maybe a 12" left on their racks.

Namdet Gnoh
09-17-2003, 05:47 AM
I'm not finding anything, not even those exclusive Clone Wars Wal-Mart figures. Don't they have to get those since they're exclusive?
You can try your local Kaybee, the one near me started carrying all the army builder packs and you can find some rare gems if you poke through all the racks, I found a rebel endor soldier with no beard!! Also they are marked down to only $1.99 a figure, they don't seem to carry the new saga figures or the clone wars either, but they seem to have the old hard to find saga figures like dooku and yoda. If you want the walmart value packs with the clone troopers try EBay, they have them listed at around $10.00 a pop, if you get lucky, you can get them for less than that. Good Luck. :D

OC47150
09-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Target and WM are the places to go. I haven't found new figures at TRU since last December. I do have to admit that my friend and I found the series 1 Jedi council and Geosisian war room scenes at TRU a couple of weekends ago. Other than that, it's peg-warming pilot Jango Fett.

Since the TRUs in my area converted to Geoffrey stores, the pickings are even slimmer!

jedi67
09-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Now that a lot more Star Wars is reaching stores, are you filling all the
holes in your 2003 collection?

Personally, I've found everything pretty close to their release time. How are you guys doing?no im not finding any new stuff its still tha same figures that came out when ep 2 came out i live in parkersburg west virginia and i have written tha letters to all my local starwars dealers i.e wall-mart, k-mart, and toys r us is there any thing els i can do i dont wanna pay crazy online prices please HELP!!!

Dago-BAH
09-19-2003, 01:42 PM
I live in Gainesville, FL. Here, we have a Toys R Us, 2 Walmarts, a Target, a K-Mart, and even a Media Play, and I have yet to see anything from all of 2003 and even late 2002. Being a completist, I've fallen so far behind that, it futile for me to try and get everything. And as a collector since 1995, buying everything they came out with, I'm feel like Hasbro and the stores are turning their back on me. I've been so frustrated, that I've pretty much given up on looking, although we know old habits die hard. I always look everytime I'm in the area, but I definitely feel like I waste my time when I do. Please help to fix this distribution problem.

Sincerely,
Dago-BAH