PDA

View Full Version : AOTC figs as early as January ?!?!

Wolfwood319
11-26-2001, 11:36 PM
Found this at pegwarmer.com:

The Private Universe has received word that the following Episode 2 figures are possibly being planned for a January 2002 release. Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, Padme, Captain Typho, Boba Fett, Tusken Raider w/Child, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti. I asked around and got word from an overseas retailer that the following is scheduled to be the next wave to come out after Eeth Koth and Zutton around January at least in Hong Kong... Assortment #848610007
Captain Typho (#84862)
Boba Fett (#84863)
Tusken Raider Female w/Child (#84864)
Shaak Ti (#84872)

It goes on to say that Hasbro did mess up on the release for the deluxe figs, originally stating May '01 was initial release. Although this may be an indicator of a preview, like they did with the Mace.

I wouldn't put to much faith in this though, as Hasbro is notorious for miscalculated shipping dates.

GNT
11-27-2001, 02:36 AM
I believe April was the earliest they were going to release them from what I heard :)

JEDIpartner
11-27-2001, 10:25 AM
Pay it no mind. It probably just some bad information. It has been said over and over that the new figures would not hit until late April.

Get it??? LATE APRIL!!!

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... unless it comes from www.STARWARS.com or the HASBRO site.

Rule of thumb... January is NOT April. ;)

Jargo
11-27-2001, 02:45 PM
I thought the sort of point of preview figures was to whet the appetite not give the whole game away. Is it normal to releaes main characters as previews? how odd. Secondary characters are far more likely to be previews surely?

Mattrix who posted the news at theprivateuniverse has been pretty accurate with stuff up to now so i wouldn't dismiss it outright. However, everything is always open to change and cancellation and substition as far as hasbro is concerned. Their case breakdowns are really erratic as far as i can make out. I've tried folowing them but they make no sense when the contents are constantly changing. It also makes no sense when you consider the different cases that are sent out to different countries. There's also the LFL angle to take into consideration. If something in the movie is added aor changed between now and May the preview figures could change also.

So I'm just taking all this with a pinch of salt and waiting until the cases start shipping and thetruth about that mail-in figure is known.

GNT
11-28-2001, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Rule of thumb... January is NOT April. ;)

...Unless the person doesnt know their months :) :rolleyes:

INDIANA
11-30-2001, 02:22 PM
ANOTHER unconfirmed report about more unconfirmed figures comming out at another unconfirmed time. See a pattern?

MY point, it's December (more or less). That makes these figures comming out in one month and NONE of the web-sites have had ANY pictures of first-shots or loose figures let alone something carded waiting to ship. Now if SOMEONE said there will be one preview figure in January and it will be Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase THEN I would believe it!!!

JEDIpartner
11-30-2001, 02:53 PM
INDIANA... you're my hero... :kiss: :crazed: :p

sith_killer_99
11-30-2001, 04:45 PM
There will be one preview figure in January and it will be Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase.

JK:crazed:

Seriously, Lucas and Hasbro are being VERY tight lipped about the new figures! Noone will be selling or offering ANYTHING for EP2 until APRIL!:mad:

This is a FACT! If anyone so much as posts a picture of the upcomming figures without expressed written permission from GL himself they may well be facing a lawsuit.:eek:

Retailers, to include e-tailer are not allowed to sell ANY pre-sale figs, under threat of loosing their account with HASBRO.:rolleyes:

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 08:12 AM
I want them NOW,but hey I'll wait until April.It will give me time to SAVE UP.[As my wife rolls her eyes and walks away:rolleyes: ]:D