PDA

View Full Version : Lounging with Lt. Dannl Faytonni

plasticfetish
09-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Well, first some photos ...

plasticfetish
09-16-2003, 02:04 PM
So how's it gonna work out that a figure like this, of such a minor character, turns out to be one of the better looking and possibly THE best articulated figure I own? I suppose Anthony Daniels deserves nothing less than this great looking figure.

The sculpt is super ... head and face are great. The pose and poseabilty is really good, just what you'd expect. The paint on mine is pretty good, not great. It's a simple costume, so I suppose we shouldn't expect too much, but there isn't much detail work.

It feels pretty good. The plastic is sturdy, no major problems with bits falling off yet.

It plays great! SO much articulation ... very nice. Neck, shoulders, forearm, wrist, waist, hips, knees and then the lower leg pivots just below the knees. An incredibly poseable figure ... but you'll probably just end up trying to get that perfect slouch. It's a very slouchable figure. The accessories, glass, blaster, table and base are pretty fair. The blaster fits in a side holster and the glass fits in his hand ... super. The table and base don't fit together in a very sturdy way, they tend to come apart pretty easily. Also, the table top is made of a pretty soft, rubbery plastic so it tends to want to warp ... could have been better but it's not horrible.

To sum it up. Cool stuff ... a great buy. I'm very happy to see that this figure, of this individual in particular, was handled so very well.

JediBoulton
09-16-2003, 03:01 PM
It feels pretty good. The plastic is sturdy, no major problems with bits falling off yet.

Yea -- but how does he SMELL?!?!

plasticfetish
09-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Yea -- but how does he SMELL?!?!
You mean the figure right?

JediBoulton
09-16-2003, 03:31 PM
You mean the figure right?

:eek: -- umm yes -- i am sorry -- the figure -- how does it smell.

stillakid
09-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Well, first some photos ...

He'll fit right in with my "HUGH HEFNER Penthouse TV Party" diorama. :cool:

jjreason
09-25-2003, 06:06 PM
I like how they're releasing related characters around the same time. Like you can start a new diorama and then build on it over the next couple of months. This one, then Ach Med Beq, followed by other Nightclub figures next year, no? Nice idea, and a great looking figure here.

bobafrett
09-25-2003, 11:17 PM
I just got my case with 2 of these figures from EE. I must say I'm quite impressed with the Lt. Dannl Faytonni figure. He fits very nicely on his pegs golds his beverage quite nicely, and his hands swivel so you can take his gun hand and place it palm down on the table. I wish more of the figures came with this much articulation. Good job on this one Hasbro!!!! A+ in my grade book!

jedibear
09-26-2003, 01:40 AM
plasticfetish hits all the high spots on this figure. It is amazing how much care went into such a background character but considering it's Mr. Daniels, it's quite a distinction. The many points of articulation....impressive. The detailing/sculpt also well-done.

Now if only we could get some hero" characters done with this kind of finesse' and we'd be set!

Jaff
09-26-2003, 09:30 AM
This fig is really nice just like the whole wave that was released. It really is a breath of fresh air. I even like the fact that they are still utilizing figure holsters, because that brings that much more life to the figure, can't wait for Ack Med, now they need some babes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2003, 01:27 PM
A few months ago, when they had carded pics of this figure, it looked as though the final product was gonna be much worse than the awesome preview from the conventions earlier in the year. However, the actual figure looks exactly like Anthony Daniels. Hopefully I can get another one and make a custom "behind-the-scenes" C-3PO.

plasticfetish
10-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Hopefully I can get another one and make a custom "behind-the-scenes" C-3PO.
That's a really cool idea.
See if you can make a couple of prop guys to go along with him, to hold him up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, if Jorg Sacul's head would be used on something less hard to find, then I'd make a George Lucas figure too. When Achk comes out, I'll do Jar Jar as well, then maybe use the bodies of them for custom Tonnika sisters or something.

plasticfetish
10-05-2003, 01:19 AM
Ahh, you could take Achk-Med and make one of those Jar-Jar hats and you'd have a cool "behind the scenes" Ahmed Best.

I think there's a whole new idea for dioramas here ... not just movies scenes, but film sets.
You know, the more I think about it the more I like the idea.

Hellboy
10-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Nice Review PF.

I just found him the other day and was very pleased with the job Hasbro did. I too was surprised at the amount of poses you can get out of him and the likeness is dead on. My table is a little warped but ever since they started to use that softer plastic I've come to expect that on the accessories. Now I just need more glasses like his so I can use them in my cantina diorama. :D

I'd give Dannl Faytonni a solid 9/10.

JediTricks
11-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Nice figure, I finally found one. The knee articulation looks kinda bleah when in use, but it's nice to have. The table is a big disappointment, mine barely stays together at all, but I don't mind, I'll just have Dannl hold his drink. The tilt on the torso is surprising, I wasn't expecting that amount of prepose in something so minor - it doesn't hurt the figure though. The perma-bent elbows is a little limiting, but it's a minor thing. The one thing I think could be better is the sculpt and paint on the hair.

Overall, this figure is worth having.