PDA

View Full Version : Anakin E3 pics!!!

Master ToNone
09-16-2003, 04:35 PM
force.net has E3 Anakin picture with 70's Leif Garret hairdo.

also has link to Palpatine but he doesn't look much different than AOTC

http://www.sithclan.net/episode3/images/Anakin01.jpg

link below has Palpatine, Anakin and Bai Ling:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/willow/Index.html

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-16-2003, 04:45 PM
That is one awesome photo. Thanks for the heads up. :) I think Anakin is looking awesome. He looks real mean in that photo. The haircut kinda sucks but what can you do? I preferred his Episode II haircut but this one suits him more than the earlier photo because he looks kinda angry, and look at his piercing eyes! I just can't wait to Anakin enraged to the point of no return. Episode 3 is starting to look even better than Christina Aguilera :crazed: :D

Beast
09-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Looks like they either left off, or photoshopped over, his scar for the press photo. Since Anakin is supposed to start E3 off, with the scar under his eye. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
09-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Holy **** that is awesome as Hell.

I must see more, more, MORE, MORE I TELL YOU. Can't wait for EIII to come out.

Jargo
09-16-2003, 05:16 PM
OOOooooooooh he's ever so dreamy *faints*

*wakes up*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Hayden Hayden we love yoooooooooooooooooooou!!!!

I am so gonna have his babies for him. I want six kids that look like Hayden, five boys and a dog. I'm gonna mary him I'll be like "This is hayden my beeeetch. He's so dreeeeeamy.......!

:rolleyes: Looks like a big jessie to me.

Hellboy
09-16-2003, 06:07 PM
EJ you are a riot. :crazed:

I really was quite shocked at Hayden's new look but very pleased at the same time. His appearance is a definate departure from what we saw in AOTC and the hair looks better than I expected. I was afraid he was going to have a mullet similar to Obi-Wan's when I first heard the reaports.

AmanaMatt
09-16-2003, 06:17 PM
I like it - he does look more like an evil(er) sith motherfo...

plo koon 200
09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Yes Hellboy his hair is beyond excellent. I bet it will really bring out his facial expression when he gets PO'd. He does not look like that innocent love muffin from EII anymore.

EDITED to mention that this is my 400 post. Not that anyone but me cares.

hamsterboy
09-17-2003, 02:37 AM
I wanna see him in black. I will admit,I like this look better than the one he had in AOTC.

Pendo
09-17-2003, 02:56 AM
Cool pictures!!! Thanx for the heads up! My mouth is watering!!!
Palpatine looks awsome in the movie :D!

Looks like they either left off, or photoshopped over, his scar for the press photo. Since Anakin is supposed to start E3 off, with the scar under his eye. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
If you look closley you can a red mark on Ani's cheek which looks like it could possibly be his scar. I just hope it'll be a little more clear in the movie :).

PENDO!

2-1B
09-17-2003, 03:06 AM
I just saw the new Anakin pic and I love that crazy hair !

When I saw that first pic from Hyperspace (the one ChuckMc had for an avatar), I was pretty reserved about it because I thought it might come across as really dorky.

Now that I've seen this pic, I think it's fantastic ! :)

He's come a long way since his bowel cut moptop in TPM. :crazed:

scruffziller
09-17-2003, 08:23 AM
I was looking through that website and saw cool looking gold 3PO. The pic had it knee joint up so couldn't tell if he had the silver leg or not. Also saw a flying Millenium Falcon test pic too, REAL COOL!!!!!

aceguide
09-17-2003, 08:33 AM
This is very cool. He certainly looks like someone about to edge towards the wrong side of the force...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2003, 11:23 AM
This is awesome! He looks great. The second pic didn't work, though. His costume isn't that different, but it's still cool. I can't wait!!!

TheDarthVader
09-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Cool picture of Anakin. I could not see the other picture because the magazine contacted that guy and he had to remove it. Does anyone have the picture saved? If so, please post the link/ downloadable picture that we missed out on.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Here's the Anakin/Luke comparison photo in case you don't know where to look...

plo koon 200
09-17-2003, 12:28 PM
I was looking through that website and saw cool looking gold 3PO. The pic had it knee joint up so couldn't tell if he had the silver leg or not. Also saw a flying Millenium Falcon test pic too, REAL COOL!!!!!

Hey Scruff Pablo said 3PO is gold all the way. No silver leg piece.

Beast
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Here's the Anakin/Luke comparison photo in case you don't know where to look...
Very very nice match-up of appearance for Father and Son. I'm even more convinced that they definatly cast the right actor for the part. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Master Plo- Koon
09-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Did anyone save the palpatine pic. The site is closed now, and the content deleted. I was able to see the Anakin pic. But can anyone put an attachment for the palpy one?

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-17-2003, 04:40 PM
Palpatine... ;)

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Very very nice match-up of appearance for Father and Son. I'm even more convinced that they definatly cast the right actor for the part. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Is Anakin Skywalker everything you expected him to be JarJar? For me, he is just that. When I was younger and I watched the Old Trilogy, I often wondered what young Anakin was like and Episode II confirmed that for me. He's young, impetuous, arrogant, cocky, heroic, brave but also with a real edge and a short fuse to him. People diss Hayden but to me, he became Anakin Skywalker. Roll on Episode III! I bet the dialogue during this fight will be amazing. I love the subtle changes on Anakin.

2-1B
09-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Is Anakin Skywalker everything you expected him to be JarJar? For me, he is just that. When I was younger and I watched the Old Trilogy, I often wondered what young Anakin was like and Episode II confirmed that for me. He's young, impetuous, arrogant, cocky, heroic, brave but also with a real edge and a short fuse to him. People diss Hayden but to me, he became Anakin Skywalker. Roll on Episode III! I bet the dialogue during this fight will be amazing. I love the subtle changes on Anakin.

My name is not JarJar but I'd like to answer and say that Anakin is ALMOST everything I expected him to be. TPM threw me off because I always assumed Anakin and Obi-Wan were a bit closer in age. Then again, Ben is what? 60ish in ANH? compared to Luke's 20ish so I guess there should be at least a decade between Ben and Anakin.
Anyway, I was thrown off at first by the little Ani thing in TPM but once Hayden steps in the role, he owns it IMO. I think there is some real potential in Episode III to finish bridging that age gap between Obi and Ani, making them seem closer in age and better rivals. More like equals, even though Ben will always have his number. ;)

Pendo
09-18-2003, 03:02 AM
Anakin was also everything I expected him to be too! I thought Hayden played him excellently. It seems very strange but I'd say 50% of fansthink he's awful, and the other 50% think he's great, but I think that's down to how they imagined Anakin to be in the first place. If noone was expecting Anakin to be like that then they're probably not going to like Hayden's performance. Thankfully I loved it :D!

PENDO!

JediBoulton
09-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Anakin is very scary :eek: I enjoyed Hayden in Life as a House -- he is a great actor, and has alot of potential for the future. When I saw this pic -- i got a shiver -- it is GREAT how you fell in love with this little boy -- watched him grow up to be a fairly nice young man, passionate for what he believed in, ready to defend his master and his friends---

Now this~~ A hint of evil in his eyes -- like he is hiding something -- something evil. It is almost as if the evil is seaping out of his skin...Lucas has found Darth Vader!!

InsaneJediGirl
09-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Evil looking and very cool.To answer the question,Anakin is nearly everything I had envisioned before the prequels came out.TPM was odd,I lost a bit of faith in the character until I saw AOTC.

Thanks for the Anakin/Luke comparison pic JEDIpartnr.Nice resembalance.

Beast
09-18-2003, 09:49 AM
I agree. The Anakin character is everything I expected from the prequels. A lot of people have issues with his emotional issues, but I think that makes the character so much more real. He's got problems, like real heroes in stories should have. It makes them realistic, and not cardboard cookie cutter characters. Plus we all knew Luke had to have gotten his whinyness from someone. And now we can see why Owen and Beru were so afraid and tried to keep Luke 'down on the farm', instead of letting him being impetious and followng Old Obi-Wan on some damn fool idealistic crusade, like his father. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
09-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Now, after seeing that comparrison pic between Anakin and Luke I am utterly convinced that Hayden was perfect for the part! It seems to me that Luke definitely is his father's son. Especially in regards to the whininess (is that even a word?!) issue! ;)

JEDIpartner
09-18-2003, 02:36 PM
I am in agreement with the rest of you who have decided the casting was right on. That pic I posted really hit the point home. You can see a great resemblance between Hayden and Mark in those pictures. It's really quite nice to see (despite what some people say) that Robin Gurland had all this great foresight to cast Hayden and Natalie as the parents of Luke and Leia.

As far as the age thing goes, I understood that Obi-Wan is 15 years older than Anakin. So... that would make Obi-Wan about 58 in "A New Hope" and Anakin/Vader would be 43. Even though Sebastian Shaw was something like 60 at the time of "Return of the Jedi", I can say that I've seen some 43 year-old men who've lived pretty hard lives look about 10 years older than their actual age. So... I'll buy the casting there.

Jargo
09-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Sebastian Shaw was eighty or thereabouts. My only wish is that they'd re voiced Anakin with someone who sounds interesting and alive. It's all very well having a pretty boy who kinda sorta ish-ish looks like hamill but the voice is so darn dull and uninteresting. I damn near fall asleep through AOTC. If he isn't whining he's droning. And trying to decipher what he says in interviews is pointless unless you have a second language and it's mumbled drawl. One thing Hayden does share with Hamill is the inability to put the right inflection in the right place, thus completely misreading a line. It must take real acting talent to be able to pull that one off. :rolleyes:

plo koon 200
09-18-2003, 04:41 PM
I'm not a fan of his acting in EII but I am a fan of his appearance in EIII and perhaps I will be a fan of his acting as well. Afterall you would dare screw up the ultimate lines at the ultimate battle at the ultimate. I pray when I'm in the movie theater in 2005 that I will fill chills unlike anything I have ever felt before.

OC47150
09-19-2003, 12:47 PM
All along I've thought Lucas should've set the prequels an additional 20 or so years further back than what they are. The age of the characters in ANH and what we're seeing now don't really click. Vader only in his 40s by ROTJ?

Hayden does look meaner, like he's walking down the path to the dark side.

InsaneJediGirl
09-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Wouldnt Vader be a bit older in ROTJ?Anakin as of AOTC is 20.Tack on about three years for E3,and twenty to ANH thats 43.I'm not sure of the timeline in between the OT though.

OC47150
09-19-2003, 01:43 PM
I've always had the impressed that the prequels are 30 years before the OT. Anakin would be in his early 20s, then the 20 years to ANH, two or three years to ESB and another year to ROJ.

But you'd think he'd be older.

Beast
09-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Rember that Vader's lived an incredibly hard life for the 20+ years that he's existed as little more then a man with a walking life support system. He's not seen the sun, he's bearly out of his suit. That sort of thing can age a person incredibly quickly. Not to mention, remember that drawing on the Dark Side of the force supposedly also effects how aged you look. Just look at Palpatine, how badly he's degenerated in those same 20 years. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
09-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Sebastian Shaw was eighty or thereabouts. My only wish is that they'd re voiced Anakin with someone who sounds interesting and alive. It's all very well having a pretty boy who kinda sorta ish-ish looks like hamill but the voice is so darn dull and uninteresting. I damn near fall asleep through AOTC. If he isn't whining he's droning. And trying to decipher what he says in interviews is pointless unless you have a second language and it's mumbled drawl. One thing Hayden does share with Hamill is the inability to put the right inflection in the right place, thus completely misreading a line. It must take real acting talent to be able to pull that one off. :rolleyes:

Thumbs up! And I didn't not like Anakin because of some preconceived notions about what I thought he should be. :rolleyes: People really must stop trying to tell others of us why we do or don't like things. I'm a big boy and could tell for myself that Hayden's acting blew in AOTC, but to his credit, he got no help at all from the gawdawful dialogue that George wrote. It mighta helped him to if there had actually been somebody directing the actors regarding their characters instead of just pointing this way and that telling them what magical CG elements would wind up on the green screens later on.

Pretty boy with cotton in his mouth everytime he talks is right. While the Leif Garrett impersonation is interesting, I think it would have been more befitting the character to cast someone who at least sounded like he might actually be Vader at some point. Not only does Hayden look nothing at all like Sebastian Shaw, but there isn't a hint of James Earl Jones that could even rise to the surface.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Did anybody save that Anakin pic? If so, post it please! thanks! :D

OC47150
09-19-2003, 03:17 PM
I'll give you points on that argument, JJB. I still believe there should be more time between the prequels and the OT.

WookieWarrior
09-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Is it just me or is that Anakins Episode 2 costume?

Turambar
09-25-2003, 03:08 AM
Is it just me or is that Anakins Episode 2 costume?

I think it's a little bit darker. Notice the black undershirt instead of tan, and maybe the other colors are darker, too.?

I agree with you guys about the PT taking place earlier. I would have more easily accepted Vader's and Boba's stumbling attempts to fight had they been in their mid 50s or something.

Jargo
09-25-2003, 07:15 AM
trisha Biggar says the cloak is different and more jedi like in design. They've used different fabrics too. I think she said it gets darker as the film goes on. So perhaps he has more than one costume change.

Vader is all messed up and made of metal under his suit so he's not going to be nimble. If they can't make a droid walk like a real human then they obviously can't do much better with cybernetic enhancements to a human body.

Boba is a clone who wasn't accelerated to age fast but there could actually be a gene defect we don't know about. Something that only crops up later, something the Kaminoans missed. Or Jango had a defective gene, dormant and if it skipped affecting Jango it came out in Boba. All too common in real life. Boba also has a lot of battle weariness and probably a lot of damage from battles. he's more used to creeping about as an assasin than all out battle possibly. But at the end of the day it is all down to george being a bit sloppy with how he executed certain scenes in the OT. Who knows what he trimmed out for the edit we see. There could have been more to that sail barge scene.

Jek Porky 2002
09-25-2003, 07:34 AM
About the suit, it looks to me like it is made entireley of fabric, and not leather like episode II.

I also like Anakin's peircing blue contacts, they made his eyes look really staring!

scruffziller
09-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Robin Gurland had all this great foresight to cast Hayden and Natalie as the parents of Luke and Leia.

That is for dang sure, since I whole heartedly agree with the first feature Leia described of her mother in ROTJ.:crazed:

I am Jabba the Hutt
10-08-2003, 06:12 PM
It's really quite nice to see (despite what some people say) that Robin Gurland had all this great foresight to cast Hayden and Natalie as the parents of Luke and Leia.

Totally agreed. I can't imagine anyone else as Anakin. Just like with Harrison Ford and the role of Indiana Jones. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-08-2003, 06:54 PM
I loved Hayden's performance as Anakin. I think it shows the natural progression of the character. Turning from a snot nosed punk into a harda-- evil dude. It's only a natrual progression to b---- and moan so long before you get angry, which is what he'll prolly do in Episode III.

Love him or hate him, Hayden IS Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Sorry kids. :D