PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bacta Luke.

Wolfwood319
11-27-2001, 02:52 AM
Its been a while since I took chemistry so I'm not really sure about this but everytime I fill up the Bacta Tank, after about an hour or so, all these tiny little bubbles appear. How the heck to I prevent that from happnening?

Any help would be appreciated.

GNT
11-27-2001, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Its been a while since I took chemistry so I'm not really sure about this but everytime I fill up the Bacta Tank, after about an hour or so, all these tiny little bubbles appear. How the heck to I prevent that from happnening?

Any help would be appreciated.

You could start by not putting water in ;)

Maybe let some air in,that might do the trick???

r2dee2
11-27-2001, 09:08 AM
Wolfwood319, you might try using distilled water . I THINK that should work:p

stillakid
11-27-2001, 11:10 AM
What about that stuff from the Jabba glob?:crazed:

Jargo
11-28-2001, 06:23 PM
Hmmm, as water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen you're always going to get bubbles as the tank is not vaccuum sealed. As far as I'm aware the oxygen is lighter than the hydrogen so attempts to escape.

I'd try to keep it free of water when not in use as eventually the water goes bad and starts to leave deposits on the plastic that aren't nice and are a pain to clean off. Pretty much the same as a fish tank really.

I think it would have been cool to include some little clip on clear plastic 'bubbles' for those who don't want to put water in but stil want the bubble effect.

Anyone tried lighting there's yet? When I eventually get one :rolleyes: I plan on customising it to include a little LED buld to illuminate Luke from above like in the movie. plus make some little clip on clear plastic 'bubbles' to clip on for the bubble effect without adding water.

I apologise for the dullness of this post.