PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars Thread (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Mandalorian Candidat
09-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Found this link on TF.n (http://download.theforce.net/CloneWarspromo.mpg).

Not a whole lot to what was recorded, but they're starting to pop up on Cartoon Network.

bobafrett
09-17-2003, 03:06 AM
Cool, I like the Yoda! Can't wait to start seeing these.

jjreason
09-17-2003, 03:35 AM
Have any of the episodes surfaced at those naughty, underground file sharing facilities yet?

InsaneJediGirl
09-17-2003, 10:14 AM
I havent seen the commerical yet,although I watch Cartoons regularly.Might have to tune in to that prime after school spot:)

stillakid
09-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Have any of the episodes surfaced at those naughty, underground file sharing facilities yet?

I just looked on Kazaa and found nothing under CLONE WARS.

DarthChuckMc
09-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Found this on TF.N

Turner Europe has released plot synopses for Star Wars: Clone Wars. The series of mini-episodes will air on Cartoon Network beginning November 7.

Do we really need to say it? SPOILERS ALERT!

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker lead the Army of the Republic in an assault on Muunilinist while other Jedi prepare for their attack.

2. The assault on Muunilist begins. The fleet is attacked immediately as they come out of hyperspace. Giant troop carriers and equipment haulers land on the planet surface and begin deploying troops and artillery.

3. The battle rages on in the air and on the ground. The Arc Troopers, who are cut off from their initial drop zone, make their way to the enemy command centre through hostile territory.

4. With the Republic gaining the upper hand, Droid Army leader San Hill dispatches Durge and his mercenaries to strike the command centre of the Republic Forces.

5. Jedi Master Kit Fisto leads an ambitious assault against Separatist forces on the water planet of Mon Calamari.

6. Count Dooku searches the planet Rattatak for a successor to Jango Fett. In a gladiator style ring, bounty hunters, aliens and galactic trash vie to serve the Count.

7. Count Dooku challenges Asajj Ventress to a duel. Impressed by her powers she is given the assignment of assassinating a young Jedi Padewan whose powers are perceived a great threat: Anakin Skywalker.

8. Durge’s mercenaries are turning the tide in favour of the Droid Army on Muunilist. Obi-Wan Kenobi leads a team of Lancers out to deal with them.

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Arc Troopers raid the IG Banking Clan’s Command Centre, taking SanHill into custody and bringing the Droid ground assault to its knees.

10. Anakin seems to have the battle in space under control until a mysterious ship enters the fight. Anakin pursues the ship, disobeying orders from Obi-Wan.

[Source: Turner Europe, via William C. Maune]

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 12:56 AM
After catching a commercial for this last night, I'm excited about this. Much better than the "droids" series I hope!

Pendo
09-23-2003, 02:08 PM
I thought the Droids series was great :D! But the Ewoks one :sur::(.

PENDO!

Beast
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Just read that there will be two seasons of the shorts at the moment. The first one starting this fall. And then a second season in the Spring.

Edit: Post altered since I didn't realize someone had posted the spoiler synopsis already. Move along, move along. Nothing to see here. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
09-23-2003, 08:40 PM
For those who haven't seen the whole CW teaser yet, here's a link to the full version on TF.N (http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewarstease1.mov).

Enjoy and don't get too antsy!

bobafrett
09-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Thanks MC! I really enjoyed that again as I haven't seen it since on Cartoon Network. I probably don't watch at the right time of day.

Pendo
09-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Anyone know yet if the Clone Wars is just playing on the US Cartoon Network, or if it'll venture to the UK's too? Knowing my luck it won't come over here :(. I also never watch Cartoon Network so with it only being a short I hope the time of viewing will be listed so I don't have to sit through hours of cartoons to catch it!

Actually, whata mesa saying?!? I have Hyperspace, I can watch it online :D!

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
09-24-2003, 12:31 PM
I thought it was annouced that it will be in the UK as well?About a two weeks or so back..Ah here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=25406) it is:)

Pendo
09-24-2003, 12:50 PM
I thought it was annouced that it will be in the UK as well?About a two weeks or so back..Ah here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=25406) it is:)
I must have missed that :). Thanks! :)

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2003, 08:21 PM
As time draws closer to November whenever for the CW release date it seems that we're getting more and more peeks. Here are some pix from the press release kit from CW on toonzone (http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?threadid=91884).

They look pretty cool, and Kit Fisto kicks some butt in the water but how does his saber stay lit underwater?

Also there are images of Dooku, Amidala, and a Mon Calamari (Ackbar?).

scruffziller
10-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Anikin look like he has Vanilla Ice hairdoo.:D

InsaneJediGirl
10-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the link.Kit Fisto looks great,as to be expected.

My brother also says there is a new Clone Wars commerical where Yoda talks and its a bit longer.Anyone else see it?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the link.Kit Fisto looks great,as to be expected.

My brother also says there is a new Clone Wars commerical where Yoda talks and its a bit longer.Anyone else see it?

I saw it last night. It's really good. The commercial basically shows more footage of what's to come, while Yoda says a few things.

Kidhuman
11-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Okay I just watched it and thought it was ok. They did good with the three minutes they had. The animation was ok.I hope it gets better than it does, and they show the battles in depth more.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Just saw Clone Wars Chapter 1. Impressive, most impressive. I like how we see Yoda riding in the beginning. :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-07-2003, 08:12 PM
I like how the chapter started off with Yoda riding into battle.

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2003, 08:15 PM
I loved every aspect of it. I thought the animation would bother me, but it didn't. The C-3PO bit getting hit with the cloak was not to my liking. Loved Yoda, liked Palpatine's fingers clacking together, and the end scene with Padme watching Anakin leave was good.

Toad
11-07-2003, 08:16 PM
I thought it was good, though I guess I wasn't too educated, since I thought they were 30-minute shows. Oops.

Still, I didn't like how Palpy manhandled Yoda/Obi-Wan regarding Anakin leading a part of the army.

Beast
11-07-2003, 08:22 PM
As I said in Tycho's Poll thread:

Ok, that was definatly awesome as hell. The voice talents were even pretty good. The only one that I didn't really like was the one that did 'Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's' voice. But other then that, it kicked arse. Totally in vein with the Star Wars saga, and I hope that it eventually leads into an actual 30 minute series at some point. And let Gendy do that also. The look of the show fits Star Wars perfectly. And the ending with Anakin and Padme sharing a last look before he leaves, and they both put their hands on the glass. Such a powerful scene.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
11-07-2003, 09:00 PM
I put a poll up in the Polls section.

Everyone can vote on the Clone Wars cartoon there.

Lord Malakite
11-07-2003, 09:05 PM
I put a poll up in the Polls section.

Everyone can vote on the Clone Wars cartoon there.

It was good. A little too short though. Just as soon as it started it was over. I liked how Palpatine played Obi and Yoda though, especially the looks they gave each other. Liked C-3PO getting hit with the cloak also. :p

Brandon727
11-07-2003, 09:15 PM
I hate to be completely stupid...but are all these things gonna be 3 minutes long? I thought it was going to be 30 minutes each. So far, everone in my family called me and complained that I made them change the channel for a commercial. Please tell me there will be more to this.

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2003, 09:34 PM
They're all gonna be shorts, no 30 minute cartoons here.

keithfite
11-07-2003, 09:36 PM
nope. as of now each episode is supposed to be 3 minutes. there will be 10 chapters this year, and more next year. it has been confirmed that near the end of this year there will be a DVD of all the shorts of this seaeson. I liked the short but I thought the commercial for next week was a joke. I have seen camera flashes last longer than that. It was pointless. But I liked it. I cant wait for the DVD. I really like the clone wars. the figures and comics are great and it looks like these cartoons will be cool

Tycho
11-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Good news about the DVD. I had nightmares they were going to use it as a pack-in with a prequel 3-pack or something like that.

I hope they never-ever make us buy the same DVDs again.

That is, I own TPM and AOTC, and I love them. But I don't need any more copies of them!

I don't want the OT to only be available in a 6 pack either.

Individually sold is the only way to go!

But the CW annimated material should be made available that way (individually) too.

(and ANH, ESB, ROTJ should be sold either by themselves, and/or in a 3-pack)

I'm sure they'll make a 6-pack one day, but let them leave that to the late-late-later years.

InsaneJediGirl
11-07-2003, 09:49 PM
I thought it was really good.I had some reservations about the animation style but it worked out rather well.The voices are pretty good for not having the actors contribute.

Old Fossil
11-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Yep, loved it, though it was far too short!!! I liked the scene with Dooku and the Quarren. The Republic starfighters were cool, too.

What was Yoda riding? It sounded like a TaunTaun. :confused:

Turambar
11-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Any idea if it'll be aired again? I didn't get to see it.

plasticfetish
11-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Great stuff!

3 minutes seemed like 3 seconds though. The kid and I sat and watched it ... he says after it's over, "That's it 'til Monday?" A little bit like getting one lick from an ice cream cone, and then having to wait a few days for another.

But, I thought it looked great. For something so short it had some nice detail ... Palpatine's clacking nails was great. The ships, scenery, all of it felt very Star Wars. Even heard my wife say, "I'd rather watch this than the movies." I was pretty sure that I'd be happy with it, I love the style, but I'm even a little surprised at how well it works in this case.

Looking forward to more.

bobafrett
11-08-2003, 02:43 AM
I was most impressed with the scene where you see Padme looking out the window, and in the reflection on the window, you can see Anakins ship turning away and taking off for battle. Anakin looked sad. Not sad in animation style, just sad that he had to leave his bride to go off and fight. I'm drooling, waiting for more. I had my son record it, so when I got home from work he had it all set up to play for me! Good son I have there! The sound was excellent too! The Taun Taun like sound from the beast Yoda rode, the Palpatines fingers!

JediTricks
11-08-2003, 05:43 AM
As I stated (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=291301&postcount=23) in the poll, I didn't enjoy it very much, and the pacing & legnth of the show were a large part of that. I also didn't dig the artwork or some of the action shots, and Palpi's manipulation was ridiculously heavy-handed (even for a cartoon) probably in thanks to the short time in which to tell the story. I don't know if I'll tune in again on Monday or not.

Pendo
11-08-2003, 06:21 AM
Folks in the UK have to wait till Monday for it to air :(. I know it's on Hyperspace, but for some reason it ain't playin propperly for me :(. I never usually have problems playing QuickTim movies, or streaming movies but it's playing up for me :cry:. Suppose I'll have to wait :rolleyes:.

I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it to be honest, but I'll still watch it :D. It could be my little daily fix instead of Episode III spoilers :D.

PENDO!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-08-2003, 08:54 AM
Any idea if it'll be aired again? I didn't get to see it.

If you go to cartoonnetwork.com you can watch it.

scruffziller
11-08-2003, 10:34 AM
I like how Palpy is getting real pushy. Undermining what the Jedi say!!!!!:crazed: :evil:

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Though.
I won't be able to see it on CN on Wednesday because Smallville comes on at that time.:frus: Just will have to wait on the CN website. They'll be out on DVD too, you know they will.

LTBasker
11-08-2003, 11:55 AM
I won't be able to see it on CN on Wednesday because Smallville comes on at that time.:frus:

With it taking up only 3-5 minutes as a timeslot, you can easily click it back to Smallville and still have the full episode. ;)

I thought the episode was pretty good, 3PO getting hit with the cape was kinda eh but it was alot better than the 3PO jokes in AOTC. It's at least basically what would happen to him in the Droids cartoon. :D The thing that sucked the most was with that introduction thing, the first episode was way too short. Hope all the episodes don't have them.. The preview for the next chapter looked interesting, and I can see why they made it so short. If you have it go any longer it'll show the entire episode. :p

The only thing I really didn't like about it was that Palpy looked...really really screwed up. I guess they just wanted to give him more of a design that would keep people focused.

Tycho
11-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Smallville....darn it. I'm not going to be home Wednesday night, and what usually happens is this:

1) tape Smallville
2) catch or tape Star Trek on Sunday night.

Now Smallville could be a rerun this week (one time I actually hope for a re-run, but I don't know, as I haven't watched the Smallville I taped last week yet)

Or I could tape the first 5 minutes of Cartoon Network, then have my VCR switch to Smallville... and tape Star Trek Sunday night...while catching the first several minutes of Smallville that I missed then....

You know, people just don't appreciate the hard work it takes to be a nerd nowadays!

scruffziller
11-08-2003, 01:56 PM
With it taking up only 3-5 minutes as a timeslot, you can easily click it back to Smallville and still have the full episode. ;)

Oh yea I was very aware of that, but I don't want to miss any of Smallville.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Cartoon Network showed Chapter 1 again, just before Rurouni Kenshin. :sur:

bobafrett
11-09-2003, 02:06 AM

I just caught it a second time at 12:55 am Sunday morning, central time on Cartoon Network.

Lord Malakite
11-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Yes it was. It was also shown again right before The Popeye Show. In both events this is immediately following the one hour Justice League episodes.

AmanaMatt
11-09-2003, 10:47 AM
I liked it. Much better than I expected, which was a crapfest, I guess. The sound quality off the web site was kinda echoey, but as I do not have Cartoon Network, and would not watch it if I did, this was pretty good quality to the file. Overall, this would be a 'B' in my book. I thought Yoda and the other voices were just fine. no problems. As I knew this would be only three minutes, I was prepared for it.

James Boba Fettfield
11-10-2003, 08:08 PM
I hated Anakin's voice! Something about it.

The episode seemed to have more depth to it story wise, felt like something was accomplished. I loved the actual clone/droid fight, reminded me a lot of Geonosis from Episode 2. And that droid running up the steps to shoot down the ship, loved it, reminded me of Black Hawk Down. Oh man, and the ending...I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2003, 08:10 PM
I hate this 5 minute stuff. As soon as i get into it, bam, it's over. Other that that, i loved it!! I've never seen a droid move that fast before though. hehehehehehehe :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Just saw chapter 2. For some reason, when Anakin squinted his eyes while talking, he reminded me of Cartman complaining like a *****. :rolleyes:

Lord Malakite
11-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Just saw chapter 2. For some reason, when Anakin squinted his eyes while talking, he reminded me of Cartman complaining like a *****. :rolleyes:
Reminds me more of Samauri Jack. Also with JBF about Anakin's voice. It was by far the most horrid one I've heard on the show. At least the others sound close to the originals. Other than that, I liked this episode. Chapter 2 also seemed a little longer than Chapter 1.

Beast
11-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Chapter 2 was far better then 1, but that makes sense. Since the first one was establishing the story. And this one could get right to it. Nice to see the Blue and Red ARC Troopers in the toon so quickly. And the cape/skirt on the red one is the grey color, like the blue one. I also don't believe he had the dual holsters, like the one we saw in early art. But yes, Anakin's voice was terrible, and I thought Palpy's was bad in Chapter 1. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
11-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Chapter 2 was awesome. I loved all the Rep Gunships and the scene where the Rep Gunship goes through the city is awesome. Anakin is the only person whose voice I have a problem with.

Battle Droid
11-10-2003, 09:33 PM
AWESOME, and I loved the scene where the Battle Droid shot down the ARC Gunship! :evil:

2-1B
11-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Chapter 2 was worse than chapter 1 so I'm not impressed.
The 2 scenes of Obi-Wan addressing the ARC Troopers were goofy IMO.
I didn't like it.

TheDarthVader
11-10-2003, 10:49 PM
I wonder if they will show chapter 2 again at any time...does anyone know??????????? I saw chapter 1 but forgot that chapter 2 was going to be on tonight (Monday). Let me know, I would appreciate it. And when is chapter 3??? Thanks!

TDV

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I dunno about reruns, but a new episode is shown every week night at 8pm. So, chapter 3 is tomorrow, then 4 on wed, and so on... :D

Beast
11-10-2003, 11:19 PM
There should be a re-run of Chapter 2 at either midnight or 1 AM tonight. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
11-10-2003, 11:25 PM
There should be a re-run of Chapter 2 at either midnight or 1 AM tonight. :)
Don't know about that JJB. Same thing was said Friday and it didn't happen. Chapter 1 did re-air, but it wasn't till Saturday night. It was re-aired right after Jusice League at 11 P.M. and 2 A.M.

Tycho
11-10-2003, 11:38 PM
[Talking to myself]: "Tycho, you darn toy-buying fool! Where are you going to put all this stuff? Huh?"

[Talking to all of you]: OK, I'm buying 2 more blue ARC Troopers, and a new red one.

[Talking to myself]: "Idiot. Have you no self-control?"]

[Hasbro to Gennedy]: "It's working! It's working! They'll want our toys!"

[Talking to all of you]: Well I loved the show but thought it was too short - even when (and I a big enough nerd to do this) I timed the episode at being almost over 4 minutes (not counting last time's recap - but 4 minutes of all new material!)

Anakin's voice was a little odd, how it went partially into a British accent. His whining voice was about right though.

Obi-Wan addressing the ARC Troopers as "ARC Troopers," was also a little lame. He should have said something like "black squadron: you have been chosen for this special assignment because you're the best of our advanced recon forces."

That establishes them as ARC Troopers, but sounds more realistic, I guess. It doesn't really matter, as in "real life" Obi-Wan might call them ARC Troopers to address the squad leaders anyway. Notice there were regular Clones with them, too.

Now who was watching them through the binoculars? The banking world of Muunlist, eh? Was it San Hill in charge of the BattleDroid that went up on the rooftop and took out the gunship? Why one droid? Wouldn't a crossfire have - well, I guess it had a heat-seeker.

Obi-Wan's pretty brave, leading the charge like that. There seems to be too many. It's amazing he survived the Clone Wars. At least we can easily figure out how other Jedi die...

I hope we'll see more of the V-19's in combat...

Can gunships fly in space? It's an atmospheric craft. The Republic Cruiser should have been established as having entered the atmosphere. Clones (other than pilots) don't have their own oxygen supply really, just filters. And Obi-Wan didn't have anything.

I know: it's just a cartoon. But I think it counts! This could be really cool. I think tomorrow night's episode will be even better, with the ARC Troopers in action!

plasticfetish
11-11-2003, 01:19 AM
Can gunships fly in space? It's an atmospheric craft.
Looks like they're sealed up when they're entering the planet's atmosphere. (see pic.)

Chapter 2 ... good! short. Want more!

Tycho
11-11-2003, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the pic!

Yeah, that does explain a lot, and makes the Gunships even a better craft than I already thought they were.

But at least for the moment, it doesn't make me want to buy even more of them from Hasbro. At least I'm safe from them on that count!

2-1B
11-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Why the hell would Obi-Wan, Yoda, et. al physically lead the clones into battle? :confused:
"Clones can think creatively" yet they need a Jedi running along with them? That's downright foolish and it's a good way to lower their own ranks. That scene of Yoda on the faux-Tauntaun is just so silly to me.

WHY do we need ARC Troopers? It's not enough to use the clones as we were introduced to in AOTC?
Moreover, one of the things I hate about crappy EU (such as this cartoon) is the introduction of pointless new characters and in this case, goofy bad guys.

Jango got killed off so we need a goon like Durge. Dooku needs his own lackey, so we'll come up with Ventress. As a bridge between 2 movies, I think they should just stick with the established bad guys. Dooku is leading the Separatists so we'll get to see him once or twice in legion with some other leaders. That should be it. Why isn't it good enough to just focus on the Jedi and the Clones vs. the droids and their puppet masters? :confused:

Sorry, I think this could be a cool project but I'm put off by some of the new characters coming up. And the execution of some current ones. :D

Battle Droid
11-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Anyone notice that the ARC trooper gunship changes color from the greenish color to the redish?

plasticfetish
11-11-2003, 01:50 AM
Moreover, one of the things I hate about crappy EU (such as this cartoon) is the introduction of pointless new characters and in this case, goofy bad guys. Jango got killed off so we need a goon like Durge. Dooku needs his own lackey, so we'll come up with Ventress.
Hmmm ... well, in Durge's case I'll probably agree with you. Haven't seen him play yet, so I can't say for sure ... but I'm simply not into the way he looks and his back story is a bit of a stretch. Not liking Durge doesn't mean that I don't welcome new characters when it comes to a new story, format, point in the Star Wars timeline. First and foremost, you've gotta look at this for what it is ... a 3-5 minute cartoon that most people are sitting around watching on a 24" television. As well, most of them are probably going to miss a chapter or two and the vast majority of them aren't going to sit around and pick what they do see apart like we do. It's eye candy. It's gotta be full of cool robots, corny heroic Jedi, explosions, battles, weird aliens and evil looking bad guys. Mostly, it's gotta get the kids to ask Santa for Star Wars toys for X-Mas and keep/get them hyped up for the next big movie.

I'd love to see the "numbers" for both 8pm showings of this cartoon so far. Anyone know what the ratings are? Compared to a regular 8pm on the Cartoon Network, I'd assume that they're doing pretty good.

2-1B
11-11-2003, 02:09 AM
It's far from just a 3-5 minute cartoon when you consider the inevitable 30 minute (or 60 minute next year) DVD release and as you pointed out, the obvious merchandising. :D

Even still, okay, so it's just a 3-5 minute cartoon. Then in that case, WHY cram in those new silly characters just to kill them off quickly ? :crazed:

Tycho
11-11-2003, 02:17 AM
On Durge: how does he have human flesh showing, if he's supposed to be 2000 years old?

OK - it could be cyborg arms with flesh added on - but the rest of him is covered in armor, so why bother having flesh added on, and then exposed, if his real arms are mechanical like Anakin's?

100 years ago he went into hybernation after a tragedy versus the Mandalorians. OK - did they carbon freeze him or something?

When do we get the background on this guy?

I've read in the Insider that they thought it all up at Skywalker Ranch, but they never had it put into any source material:

no young reader's books (and Durge is in the Boba Fett adventure's latest)
no comics (and Durge takes to terrorizing Obi-Wan and Anakin right at the Gungan Moon incident)
no novels (Durge isn't in Shatterpoint, and no others have been released)
no CW cartoons, and Durge will be in that, but no background on him will really be given (as I was led to believe)

Durge will be cool depending upon his actions, and his story.

If he won the lottery 2000 years ago and then had himself cryo-frozen so he could see the future, and then did it again 1,900 years ago, after a bad time with the Mandalorians, it would make sense, but not be terribly exciting.

That he has human flesh showing, makes for drawbacks. How much cooler would it have been if it were scales or something (if anything) were visible on his natural form?

plasticfetish
11-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Then in that case, WHY cram in those new silly characters just to kill them off quickly ? :crazed:
I suppose (hope?) it'll make sense when it's all over. In some cases (Durge) I'm hoping that they do the killing off thing as quickly as possible. Ultimately, I'd guess that whatever we see here is simply a little taste of what might be in a full length (1/2 hour) cartoon. The whole thing's like a big machine gun really ... they shoot as much stuff at us as they can, and hope that enough of it "hits" to keep us watching. TV people is mighty smart. :rolleyes:

Mostly, I'm trying to imagine just what a tornado this thing will be when it's all pieced together.

On Durge: how does he have human flesh showing, if he's supposed to be 2000 years old?
Lotion. Lots and lots of moisturizing lotion.

Pendo
11-11-2003, 05:16 AM
I don't like this cartoon. I'm not a big cartoon watcher anyway, but with it only being 3 minutes long it's rediculously too short. I'll continue watching, because when all watched together it will probably be better, but they'd still only make about half an hour :(.

The voices aren't the best, and I don't like the style of animation.

Not my cup of tea :(.

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
11-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Chapter 2 was okay,Anakins voice has seem to gotten worse since Chapter 1.Maybe because he talked more.Still not all too bad..could have been much worse I suppose.

The character I hope they kill off quickly is Durge.He looks like a dollar-store reject with a story to match:D

Kidhuman
11-11-2003, 10:51 AM
I thought Chapter 2 was cool. ARC Troopers into action. Cant wait for tonight.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-11-2003, 03:23 PM
The shorts are about what I expected with the funky drawing, but the plots so far have been decent. I mean, it has to be a challenge to stuff a bunch of action and dialogue into 3-4 minutes to get the plot moving without it being too jerky. A good job on the whole so far. Plus having original music makes it seem more like the movies.

My big beef is with the super lame-o commentary on the web site. Whoever is doing it is stinking it up. It's only a short cartoon! If you can't think on the fly for three minutes then rehearse it!

JediTricks
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Chapter 2 was worse than chapter 1 so I'm not impressed.
The 2 scenes of Obi-Wan addressing the ARC Troopers were goofy IMO.
I didn't like it.My sentiments too. Ani started bickering with Obi-Wan for no apparent reason, there was some vague things shooting at other things, then gunships flying and one crashing -- did nothing for me and didn't feel like a "chapter" at all. Just another ep that was too short to get a narrative across. Plus, besides not liking the art in general, I felt like the ground scenes were too much a rehash of AOTC's battles.

Just saw chapter 2. For some reason, when Anakin squinted his eyes while talking, he reminded me of Cartman complaining like a *****. :rolleyes:Hee hee, yeah, I totally see that. I agree with JBF too about Ani's voice not sounding right, making a bad combination here with that angry squinting.

From the "Chapter 2" till the end of the ep, it took 3.5 mins; the trailer for chapter 3 spanned 3 seconds.

Tycho, read the SW.com databank entry (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/durge/index.html) on Durge, it explains that his race lives 4,000 years, they don't get easily damaged and don't feel pain.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Chapter 3 was pretty good. I was impressed by the ARC Troopers' skills.

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Chapter 3!

All right, I'm reminded of Black Hawk Down again as the episode starts! Or maybe it's that scene out of Saving Private Ryan when Vin Diesel's character gets shot and they're looking for the snipers? Anyway, cool scene. I love how these troopers don't talk, all signals. If only the stormtroopers were this efficient.

Episode went by too quick, though. I loved it, I just hope tomorrow's episode isn't too similar to today's, what with the clones running around shooting droids.

Tycho
11-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks JT. That was really interesting reading, and I followed Durge's story to the story of Inter-Galactic Banking Clan taking over the droids of a company that failed to get Baktoid's (Geonosis') business away from the Trade Federation. The confiscated droids were renamed by Inter-Galactic, the IG series.

These are the forebearers of IG-88!

That is so cool!

You know I eat this EU stuff up. Mmmmm. Love it!

Anyway, Durge is now A LOT more interesting. I'd love to see what this guy looks like underneathe all his armor. Doubt we'll ever find out though. But I also don't know if he'll get killed either.

But it's good to know he's completely insane!

I guess that's good to know (if you're not Obi-Wan Kenobi).

Battle Droid
11-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Battle Droids get no respect, though at least a few Clonetroopers were taken out.

Hellboy
11-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Chapter 3 was sweet. I love how the focus has shifted to the Clonetroopers rather than the Jedi. It was cool how the red ARC Trooper was weilding 2 pistols while the others had rifles and the Battle Droid snipers were pretty sweet as well.

Lord Malakite
11-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Chapter 3 was pretty good with hardly any dialogue. The Arc Troopers can really kick butt.

seanmcfripp
11-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I thought the little Jango-style pistoleer gun twirl by the red ARC trooper was pretty spiffy.

I gotta say, I love what this series is doing with the Star Wars theme. But then again, I love Samurai Jack. I think the powers that be really missed the boat by not making this a regular full-length series.

For those of you that are uneasy with the animation and visual style, do you feel the same way about Samurai Jack? Are there any of you that like Samurai Jack and not this series? Just curious.

plo koon 200
11-11-2003, 09:41 PM
This was the best episode yet. It truly keeps the essence of Star Wars. I know where thought that this series would be so good. The hand actions are also neat. This guy should make animated versions of Episodes VII-IX. I knew he was a big fan ever since I saw Dex's Lab but I never knew he could do such a brilliant job.

Kidhuman
11-11-2003, 10:53 PM
ARC TROOPERS kickmajor butt. That was a great chapter. This cartoon is surprising me highly.

Tycho
11-12-2003, 12:16 AM
I was reminded of Saving Private Ryan, - the tank scene and the part with the burnt out French town and the sniper.

Black Hawk Down was the way the battle droid got them into that position in the first place.

And it went like Band of Brothers when they took out that cannon - storming the entrenched German 88's that were firing at the Utah Beach landing zones.

The part where the Gunship with the ARC Troopers originally deployed was like Clear and Present Danger's infiltration team in the Columbian Jungle.

All and all, it is great, inspite of knowing the sources for Gennedy's inspiration.

InsaneJediGirl
11-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Great Chapter!Probably the best so far.I only hope we get more Clone action tonight :D

LTBasker
11-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Black Hawk Down was the way the battle droid got them into that position in the first place.

Or it just turned out like that. I'm not really sure it was Black Hawk Down reference, I mean how original can it be to strike a ship in a vulnerable spot with a launcher? Although it could've been, the Gunship did have black markings.

It was a great episode, nice to see them making the Clones use actual Military hand commands like today's armies instead of just spouting off their orders like the Battle Droids.

2-1B
11-12-2003, 01:45 PM
I didn't care much for the first two chapters but part 3 was awesome ! ! !
I enjoyed it very much, THAT'S the way they should be handling the storyline. :D
Almost all clones vs. droids with a sprinkling of Jedi leadership -- the sole Obi-Wan appearance via hologram was very well done. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2003, 05:19 PM
These are all very nice, can't wait until tonight! :D

Convenient, you know, how Durge's species name Gen'Dai sounds almost exactly like the first name of this cartoon's creators. :eek:

JediTricks
11-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Spotted in the TV listings at Yahoo that a week from this Friday, Cartoon Network is airing all 10 eps back to back (actually, airing 1-5 back to back, then 6-10 a few hours later back to back), so after yesterday's episode, I'm just going to wait till next week to see the rest.

dr_evazan22
11-12-2003, 07:18 PM
I know this is going backa few here, but I like the way Anakin's fighter paint deco reminds me of the Japanese flag with the setting sun (or rising sun depending on who you ask).

jedihunter25
11-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Spotted in the TV listings at Yahoo that a week from this Friday, Cartoon Network is airing all 10 eps back to back (actually, airing 1-5 back to back, then 6-10 a few hours later back to back), so after yesterday's episode, I'm just going to wait till next week to see the rest.

Cool!!!! I thought they were going to show Chapter 2 this coming up Friday. Then I flipped the channel Monday thinking that it's a rerun and it's Chapter 2. I didn't have time to record it (with the first minute into it already) like I did with Chapter 1. Ever since I've been waiting for news on a Clone Wars marathon for I can record them in order. Thanks for the news JediTricks!!!!!

James Boba Fettfield
11-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Episode the Fourth!

Anakin piloting it up, wish they would have gotten more into the space battle. Those Clones really know how to bring down a city.

I'm going against popular opinion and say I like Durge. Getting his lance, ready for a joust on a speeder biker. I really liked the speede bike battle they had, finally got to see the Separatists give it to the clone army. All in all, it was a good episode, not a lot happened, but tomorrow's preview with Kit looks good.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-12-2003, 08:10 PM
I'm impressed by Durge. Can't wait for Kit tomorrow night!

Battle Droid
11-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Durge was AWESOME, can't wait to see more of him!

Lord Malakite
11-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Another good episode. Durge and the IG Droids kicked butt. Be interesting if they use this to try and explain IG-88's rivalry with Boba Fett from previous EU information. Durge's mind could be tranferred to one of the IG units. :D

Kidhuman
11-12-2003, 10:57 PM
I thought Durge bit the big one. Didnt like him at all. Especially when he raised his arm and the thingy blew up. Could of done something better with him. Bring on Kit.

Sidiously Darth
11-12-2003, 11:51 PM
I've enjoyed all 3 chapters so far. I'm keeping in mind that CN was given a good bit of leeway when doing these. An army if IG droids is cool but sort of steps on the toes of the idea that there were originally only 5. Are these predecessors to those IGs?

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2003, 12:01 AM
I think that's something you learn about the expanded universe, the stories are always stepping all over each other in the continuity department.

As for the history of these IG's being predecessors to the aforementioned IG's from Tales of the Bounty Hunters, I don't know.

Tycho
11-13-2003, 03:49 AM
Another good episode. Durge and the IG Droids kicked butt. Be interesting if they use this to try and explain IG-88's rivalry with Boba Fett from previous EU information. Durge's mind could be tranferred to one of the IG units. :D

The IG's are fighting "Madalorians" anyway, so it doesn't have to be Durge in particular that has something to do with IG-88's rivalry with Boba Fett.

However, IG is a droid and doesn't really feel emotions. Fett might have a different view of that, but Boba isn't fighting in the Clone Wars so far as we know. He's indifferent about the Clones (in so far as the Young Reader books has had him - except that he didn't want the Jedi using the Clones because they killed his Dad and would have rather had the Separatists get to use the Army from Kamino originally). However, if the IG droids wipe out all of Jango's Clones by the end of this (leading to Stormtroopers) Boba could hate anything that led to the death of "his father's people," like he hates Jedi, beyond just Mace, who was personally most responsible for his father's death.

Anyway, I MISSED THE PART AFTER DURGE AND THE IG DROIDS GOT ON THE SPEEDERBIKES! I'd set my VCR to switch channels to capture Smallville, and it cut off CW.

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER DURGE AND THE IGs TOOK OFF ON SPEEDERBIKES?

plasticfetish
11-13-2003, 04:19 AM
WHAT HAPPENED AFTER DURGE AND THE IGs TOOK OFF ON SPEEDERBIKES?
Oh, uh ... it was crazy ... they started singing Born To Run. I didn't really expect it, and I'm not sure where they're going from here with the music thing, but it'll be interesting to find out. Missed it huh? That's too bad.

(heh)
They basicly started trashing the clones. Running them down, shooting them and blowing up their big guns. Seems that the tide has been turned for now.

Tycho
11-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Thanks.

I did see the Muunilist natives in their war room. Anyone notice how their long heads (like San Hill's) were incorporated into the IG-series droids?

I started looking at my 12" IG-88 and wondering if there was any resemblance to San Hill.

Scary, as I'm not a big San Hill fan.

Poggle, Nute, Senator Tiikes, and even Passal Argente seem to be more interesting separatists.

These guys are basically accountants.

Know what would have been funny? If the Muunlist War Room looked like the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.

They could be saying "Clone Army Conglomerate down another point. IG-efficiency rating increasing. We're reinvesting the reserve line!" :rolleyes:

I know. But I think it would've been funny.

InsaneJediGirl
11-13-2003, 10:14 AM
I really didnt like Chapter 4.A group of highly trained clones is run over by Hells Angels wannabes with lances.Tonight's episode looks much better,bring on the mighty grin!:D

dr_evazan22
11-13-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm with you guys who didn't like Turdge and the IG's... That Turdge could spear the AT-AT thingy with enough force to knock it's head up then have it explode and Turdge not be hurt. C'mon! Then that all the Separatists could move SO fast that the Clones couldn't hit them! I realize they did this for story purposes, but this is the only thing so far to really take me out of the story.

scruffziller
11-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Yea I really liked how the clonies are so militarily ept that they can communicate with just hand gestures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2003, 12:55 PM
I thought it was pretty good. San Hill's voice annoyed me, but it was somewhat similar to the movie so I guess it worked. Durge's eyeholes are much smaller than the comics, how can he see? I liked it, but the victory lance raise at the end was hokey.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-13-2003, 08:09 PM
HE SMILED! Man I loved Kit's Force bubble!

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Man, those Mon Calamari are ugly in cartoon form!

Good to see the Mon Cals helping out against the droids. I didn't enjoy the underwater battle so much as the previous battle. Kit seemed to be a one man army down there, destroying most of it. And Kit's smile at the end, I didn't like that too much. Not a great episode, all right was how I felt about it. Tomorrow's looks to be good. Hopefully we get to see some lightsaber battles.

Kidhuman
11-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Kit kicked butt. He rocked.

Battle Droid
11-13-2003, 08:18 PM
I thought tonight's episode was just silly, now I hate Kit Fisto more than I already did.

Only cool part was when that cannon sliced the Republic Ship.

plo koon 200
11-13-2003, 08:49 PM
I thought tonights episode just sucked. The third was the best. They can do better than that. What does Kit have to do with the storyline of the first four episodes.

LTBasker
11-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Chapter 4 was kinda ridiculous. Durge really looks lame, and him using the lance to lift up the front of an AT-TE to make it explode was ridiculous. It's got cannons on it's bottom front, theres no reason they couldn't of shot him.

Missed tonight's episode though.

Phantom-like Menace
11-13-2003, 10:12 PM
I thought the first episode was really cool. Obi-wan's line about how even Qui-gon Jinn coudn't have prepared a Jedi for the Clone Wars was cool. It ended very well with the silent exchange between Anakin and Amidala. One of the highlights was the opening series of Clone War images. I laughed out loud and said, "Yes!" when Anakin and Obi-wan jumped out of the gunship landed in the midst of the battle droids. I was also quite fond of Tiin's fighter assault.

The second episode was just preparation: Anakin had to get his fighter ready, Obi-wan had to stroke the ARC troopers' egos and belittle his padawan.

The third episode was awesome. ARC troopers don't need ego stroking. The holographic cameo by Obi-wan was a nice touch, providing the only spoken line in the episode.

The fourth episode . . . hmm. Wouldn't it have messed up everyone's day if the battle droids in Episodes I and II were half as competent as Durge's friends. Clone troopers were showing their eventual slide toward becoming inaccurate Stormtroopers by not being able to hit a bunch of droids that have to come within a few short feet to physically strike them with lances.

The fifth episode had some of the same problems as the fourth (more lances and mounted combat?). Kit Fisto was just a little too powerful. Again, if Kit Fisto was half that competent in Episode II . . .

Overall, I've actually liked these cartoons. Some of it isn't so great, but some of it is rather cool. Yes, I do wish they were longer, but more than that, I wish we didn't have to wait so long to see the second half. I can't wait to see Ventress do whatever she can do; some lightsaber against lightsaber stuff would be cool. I don't think it's weird to have the Jedi acting as generals. Creative thinking isn't the issue. Everyone in an army can think creatively, but they still need leadership, someone highly skilled who can coordinate all of the troops into one cohesive task. Jedi are going to be more highly skilled than any given clone, and it makes more sense to have Jedi and clones working together rather than separately, so separate offensives don't impede each other.

dr_evazan22
11-13-2003, 10:56 PM
I wasn't too thrilled with tonights ep either, but really looking forward to tomorrows ep w/ Assajj.

Tycho
11-14-2003, 01:55 AM
ditto. and ditto that...

InsaneJediGirl
11-14-2003, 06:44 AM
It was not as good,because wouldnt the Battle Droids short out?Salt Water and eletronics don't mix.The grin was pretty interesting,hopefully they picked up on the joke:D

Tonights looks pretty good,lets see some real baddies in action and not stupid Durge.

Lord Malakite
11-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Got so busy doing other things last night dealing with college that I didn't get a chance to post my comments even though I saw the latest chapter. Overall it was a good episode. Not the best, but not the worst. Kit Fisto was cool, but the Mon Cal on those sea creatures seemed a bit out of place in war on the droids. Also, this may just be me, but when the Mon Cal pushed the Quarren Commader and his disabled machine into the ravine with those creatures, it reminded me a lot of the fertilization process, like seen in "Look Who's Talking". :eek:

scruffziller
11-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Man I sure hope El Chuxter caught eps 5!!!!:D He would be in his glory!!!!

We'll see a great new Avatar soon from him!!!!!!!

Kidhuman
11-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Also, this may just be me, but when the Mon Cal pushed the Quarren Commader and his disabled machine into the ravine with those creatures, it reminded me a lot of the fertilization process

My wife said the same exact thing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2003, 12:47 PM
I downloaded this episode a bit ago and i was pleased. The battle was a bit silly, but it was cool to see Kit in action. That grin at the end was gold too!!

The eps on the CW site don't have the preview for tonights, so i'm looking forward to see what happens tonight. :D

El Chuxter
11-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Man I sure hope El Chuxter caught eps 5!!!!:D He would be in his glory!!!!

We'll see a great new Avatar soon from him!!!!!!!

Wait until I find those screen captures. :D

How can some of you not like this one? Kit is the bomb! Man, if he weren't on Mon Calamari, Asajj would swoon before his mighty grin and totally ripped pecs in tonight's episode. Good thing for the Confederacy that those Battle Droids don't have female programming.

Seriously, though, it's pretty cool to see a sort of cult popping up around his mighty grin.

Tycho
11-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Well, if that show was supposed to make me want the swimming Kit Fisto figure, it did not succeed.

I'll buy him if putting an accessory robe on him gives me a normal, non-action posed Kit for scenes in Palpatine's office, because I wonder with everything else they could do, if Hasbro will resculpt the 3 over-accented Jedi that diorama builders need "toned down": Kit, Luminara, Bariss.

Meanwhile, the cartoon, though what it had to do with Muunlist was nil, did have importance in the Star Wars Saga:

The cartoon, like all EU, fits the chronology. The Mon Cal fought under Commander Merral at Kamino, trying to wipe out the Republic Clones. Obviously they were then allied with Senator Tiikes and the Quarren government on their world, as Tiikes was a key figure in the CIS.

Now the Calamari have broken from the Quarren, and incited Civil War on their world, if they have joined with the Republic against the CIS.

Pendo
11-14-2003, 03:17 PM
As if the cartoon wasn't choppy enough, they've now moved away from the battle with the Banking Clan to the waters of Mon Calamari? Haven't really enjoyed any of the episodes but the latest one to be shown over here (Mon Calamari) is the worst ever :mad:!

PENDO!

Battle Droid
11-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah, and it won't be going back to Muunilinst until Chapter 8.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Dooku's voice sounds excellent!!

Nice to see Asajji in action. I know i spelled that wrong, sorry!! :D

Did he just want to see her in action or was there a point to that burly brawl?

plo koon 200
11-14-2003, 08:23 PM
I dislike Dooku's voice. I thought this episode was better than 4 and 5 but still not the best. Next weeks looks good with the lightsaber duel. Episode 3 is still my favorite. The alien that talked in a different language was also a nice touch to this episode.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Chapter 6 was great. BTW, it's been announced that next Friday all 10 episodes will show together!

Lord Malakite
11-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Excellent episode. Enjoyed a lot of the eye candy in this episode. All the gladiators were very interesting in appearence. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them made into figures. Asajj skills in the darkside were most impressive, especially when she started using the lightsabers. Dooku's voice was impressive and Asajj ironically sounded exactly as I had imagined she would sound. "I am strong in the darkside. I am sith." Excellent. :D

Turambar
11-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Chapter 6 was great. BTW, it's been announced that next Friday all 10 episodes will show together!

I truly hope so. because I find it quite annoying that they waste half of the broadcast time showing what happened in the previous episode and what will happen next, and then just when you get drawn in, the show is over.

Kidhuman
11-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Did he just want to see her in action or was there a point to that burly brawl?

Think it was to see who would win and be his man so to speak.

Great Episode. Better than the last two. I liked the Gamorean Guard thrwon in there.

plasticfetish
11-14-2003, 09:06 PM
**grumble, grumble** (It's not on for two more hours here) **grumble, grumble**

InsaneJediGirl
11-14-2003, 09:33 PM
I missed it today!I dont know how I could forget.At least its on next Friday :D

dr_evazan22
11-14-2003, 09:46 PM
So Asajj says shes Sith... The race, or is she supposed to be one of the two? Or doesn;t she know about that.

Overall I liked the ep, but I'm not to sure about her voice.

InsaneJediGirl
11-14-2003, 09:58 PM
I thought I read somewhere there is a Sith 'race' as well as Sith as Force users?Cant remember where though.

EDIT -Found it :)

this ancient race of insect-like humanoids was characterized by its dark, red skin, cranial horns, and long bony chins. There were several subspecies of Sith, each with its own place in their society. Some were slaves, other were warriors, and the highest caste of all were the magicians. They lived in a remote sector of the ancient galaxy, and were unknown to most until a group of Jedi Knights discovered their existence. The early Sith regarded the Dark Jedi as gods

Only Asajj looks nothing like what is described and the entire Sith race was destroyed by Exar Kun.So..its something else?

Tycho
11-14-2003, 10:41 PM
I re-watched the Mon Calamari epsiode tonight (getting my tape ready - because it's still 30 minutes before the show airs Pacific Time).

Now I decided that I liked it. It was well done and pretty cool. And I liked Kit Fisto in it.

It wasn't what I expected, but it grew on me as I needed my "Star Wars fix."

Now I've even thought of more ways to waste money:

Buy another Federation Droid Tank, and pose my ARC Troopers assaulting it (The scenes in Chapter 3 is still the best of the whole deal).

Use the only remaining 2 Mon Calamari soldiers I have to pose them with Kit Fisto and some Clones, fighting Tessek, posed with Battle Droids.

I think I will wait until I've seen all 10 episodes though, then decide if that is the best use of my figures and my space (or lack there of).

Tycho
11-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Ventress was cool. You guys are right, Dooku sounded good.

Ventress sounded interesting - but she reminded me of Captain Janeway, LOL.

So if Ventress is just joining Dooku, these 'toons take place before the Clone Wars comics on the Gungan Moon, eh?

After the Attack on Kamino, though, obviously, since the Mon Calamari fought on the Separatist side during that battle.

keithfite
11-15-2003, 12:34 AM
I love ventress. I cant wait for chapter 7. I wonder if after her and dooku fight in chapter 7 is when she will get the red lightsabers. It was a really entertaining episode and it was cool to see a cartoon gamorrean guard

scruffziller
11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
So Asajj says shes Sith... The race, or is she supposed to be one of the two? Or doesn;t she know about that.

Overall I liked the ep, but I'm not to sure about her voice.
Yes here is what the real Sith look like.

Phantom-like Menace
11-17-2003, 01:05 PM
The sixth installment was rather cool. I wasn't overly fond of Dooku's voice, though. Assaj could become interesting; her entrance was very nicely done, and she did kick quite a bit of gladiator ***.

Of course as many of us are, I'm interested to see what exactly she meant by saying she is Sith, since doubtlessly her name wasn't on the roll at the last Sith General Meeting, and new business probably didn't includ a membership drive.

Lightsaber versus lightsaber tonight! Excellent!

El Chuxter
11-17-2003, 01:17 PM
So I missed chapters 1 and 6. Hmmm. Cartoon Network maybe should consider re-running the Friday episodes on Monday. I tried downloading them from the site, but kept getting static and inexplicable sound drop-outs. :(

Anyone figured out a way to get a screen cap of Kit? I learned after much effort that the player apparently has a way to disable the old "Alt-PrintScreen" method. :mad:

plasticfetish
11-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Anyone figured out a way to get a screen cap of Kit?
Yeah ... you want me to make you an avatar?

Edit** How's about this?

plasticfetish
11-17-2003, 03:20 PM
... or this?

Lord Malakite
11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
So I missed chapters 1 and 6. Hmmm. Cartoon Network maybe should consider re-running the Friday episodes on Monday. I tried downloading them from the site, but kept getting static and inexplicable sound drop-outs.
The funny thing about this Chux is those are the only two episodes Cartoon Network has actually re-aired to date. :D Both re-aired the next day after their debut (late Saturday/early Sunday), and not just once. They re-aired both twice. Chapter 1 re-aired after Justice League both at 11 P.M. and and again at 2 A.M. Chapter 6 re-aired right before He-Man at 7 P.M. and right after Justice League at 2 A.M.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Chapter 7 was great except for Darth Sidious's voice. He could have been more sinister if he didn't sound like he suffered from asthma.

Lord Malakite
11-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Another good episode. Asajj gets made into a joke by Dooku for her boast of being a Sith. Awsome to see Sidious playing his part. He totally took advantage of the situation. :D

InsaneJediGirl
11-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Pretty good episode:)I really was hoping it would be more of Asajj going after Anakin.Chapter 8 looks awesome:cool:

Kidhuman
11-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Good episode. BUt I guess it blows away the theory of only two. Now there are three

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Good episode. BUt I guess it blows away the theory of only two. Now there are three

I wouldn't consider Asajj as a third. Isn't she just a co-replacement (the other being Durge) for Jango Fett? Think of her as Jango with the Force, and that'll keep the 2 theory still in tact.

Kidhuman
11-17-2003, 08:53 PM
But Sidious said "you found a suitable apprentice" so that makes her a third.

James Boba Fettfield
11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
It was my favorite episode by far. I thought the jump in the air thing during the lightsaber looked a little weird, but at least they didn't stay floating in the air for a Dragon Ball like battle.

plasticfetish
11-18-2003, 12:20 AM
But Sidious said "you found a suitable apprentice" so that makes her a third.
No, I think he said "you found a suitable disciple, my apprentice." (Something like that.) I get the idea that she's simply someone with strong force powers that wants to fight for the dark side. No doubt, the Emperor will end up using her for a time and then ... :dead: .

As far as the voices thing goes, it looks like most of them are voice actors from various video games.

From the starwars.com Homing Beacon #98
The Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series has started, and is currently running on The Cartoon Network and starwars.com Hyperspace. To provide the voices of the classic characters are a group of talented voice actors who, in most cases, have played these characters before.

If Anakin sounds familiar, particularly to video gamers, it's by design. Mat Lucas is the voice of the Chosen One in the micro-series. He previously played Anakin in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars video game from LucasArts, available for the GameCube, Xbox and PlayStation 2.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is played by James Arnold Taylor, whose vocal talents can be heard in many video games and animated works. He provided numerous voices for The Animatrix short films, was the voice of Pippin in the video game release of The Fellowship of the Ring, and has provided guest voices in such Cartoon Network programs as "Powerpuff Girls" and "Johnny Bravo"

Providing the elegant vocal tones of the evil Count Dooku is Corey Burton. Burton previously played Dooku in several LucasArts video games, including Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. He can be heard in many Disney projects, and fans of ‘80s animation will remember Burton as the voice of Xamot, one of the evil Crimson Guard Commanders on "G.I. Joe," and as the Decepticon Shockwave and the human tag-along Spike in "The Transformers."

Tom Kane does the voice of Yoda. He had previously played the ancient Jedi Master in Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing, and Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles. He has also performed for many other LucasArts titles, dating back to providing the voice of Leebo the droid in Shadows of the Empire. Cartoon Network viewers can hear him regularly as Professor Utonium, the creator and guardian of the Powerpuff Girls.

Nick Jameson is another LucasArts veteran. For the micro-series, he plays Palpatine, a role he previously voiced in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance, Star Wars: Rebel Assault II -- The Hidden Empire and Star Wars: TIE Fighter. Fans of Kyle Katarn should note that Jameson first provided the voice for that character in the original Dark Forces game.

Though Padmé Amidala and the deadly Asajj Ventress don't have much in common, they are both voiced by singer Grey DeLisle. DeLisle also played Padmé in such video games as Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing, and Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles. She provided the voice of Padmé's daughter, Princess Leia, in Star Wars: Force Commander. She plays a variety of characters for various Cartoon Network projects, and is the new voice of Daphne on various "Scooby Doo" specials.

For the role of C-3PO, Cartoon Network went straight to the original source. Anthony Daniels provided the voice of the classic protocol droid character, just as he did for the original Droids animated series in the mid-1980s.

All of them seem great to me.

Good stuff so far, I've enjoyed the past few episodes. This last one was really nice looking I thought ... the Emperor's hologram on that spidery droid thing was great. Very cool.

Beast
11-18-2003, 12:34 AM
According to the offical canon on the Clone Wars, Asajj Ventress is a Dark Force user. She's not an actually Sith Lord. While she does have dark jedi powers, she's not been trained as a Sith. So she doesn't technically break the rule of two. Though it's a bit of a stretch. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
11-18-2003, 12:52 AM
I really liked this episode! Sidious' line that Assajj will be an instrument of the Jedi's destruction was great. Also, while there may have been some lingering doubt or ambiguity about whether Dooku was trying to bring down the Sith from inside, I think this ep cast it aside.

Good show! I'll be happy to get back to the Battle of Muunilist, and happy to see the clones on speeders.

Tycho
11-18-2003, 12:56 AM
According to the offical canon on the Clone Wars, Asajj Ventress is a Dark Force user. She's not an actually Sith Lord. While she does have dark jedi powers, she's not been trained as a Sith. So she doesn't technically break the rule of two. Though it's a bit of a stretch. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ummm. Dooku wasn't trained as a Sith either.

Palpatine's using everybody of course.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-18-2003, 01:25 PM
They've all been pretty good so far. I liked the Sidious scenes in the last one, with the Emperor's Theme in the background (just like they did in TPM). His teeth were kind of odd, though. :dead: I'm not sure about Asajj's voice, Grey is also the voice of Mandy on "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" and Vicky on "Fairly OddParents" so it sounds a lot like their voices.
I'm glad the animation isn't as stylized as Samurai Jack or Dexter - the characters on here have black lines around them like traditional cartoons. The only really weird looking person has been Palpatine (when he's chancellor).

Tycho
11-18-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm kind of busy this week. I may stop watching until Friday's marathon night.

Beast
11-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Ummm. Dooku wasn't trained as a Sith either.

Palpatine's using everybody of course.
Yes he was. He received instruction from Sidious, during the 10 years between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. He's no different then Anakin. Started out a Jedi, and then due to Qui-Gon's death he fell to the dark side. We don't know everything that happened between TPM and AOTC's, but that is pretty clear to me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
11-18-2003, 02:21 PM
++++++++++++++++++++ Funny-Bone ++++++++++++++++++++

Position Available Immediately
[Dark Side Consulting Group]:
Apprentice Sith Lord

An unexpected position has opened up in the Dark Side Consulting
Group for an Apprentice Sith Lord. The ideal candidate for this
position would like galactic travel and possess a complete
understanding of, and competence with the Force, or demonstrate
a willingness to learn. Duties include: Performing competitive
intelligence, hands-on intervention in support of the Sith
Master's planning initiatives, ability to travel the galaxy
widely, and operating a variety of laser-powered hand weapons
and high-powered space/air vehicles. Some slaying of enemies of
the Dark Side is also required, which may be performed using the
Force or hand weapons. Qualified applicants would possess good
communications skills (especially when speaking in menacing
whispers), and would be action-oriented individuals and risk
takers. A background in study of the Force (light side or dark)
is desirable, as would typically be acquired by those with
advanced degrees or significant course work in Jedi Arts from
the University of Coruscant.

Applicants should also be familiar with holographic projection
equipment, possess a valid galactic pilot's license (for all
classes of ships), and must show a willingness to give in to
their hate. A proven track record of using fear and/or Jedi mind
tricks to control others is also desirable, as is the ability to
speak several galactic languages. Ideal candidates for this
position would also have no children or other living relatives
who are strong in the ways of the Force. (A new hire would be
given several weeks to meet this requirement.)

Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience,
and is extremely competitive for this field. Benefits include a
generous severance package, a company starship, and a dark-colored
clothing allowance. The Apprentice Sith Lord reports to and works
closely with the Sith Master, and experience in such small,
team-based organizations is vital to the success of the master's
plans. Discretion is also highly valued, as is the ability to see
the future before it happens. Applications will be accepted until
the end of August. Transmit them to jobs@darkside.com.

Dark Side CG (tm) is a small and highly-focused organization, founded
a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Our core values reflect
the short-term advantages of harnessing hatred for institutional power
and the long-term desirability of controlling the galaxy. We provide
direction to our partner organizations through knowledge management,
incident control and our rapid on-site intervention expertise. Our
partnered organizations include the Imperial Senate, the Hutt
Gambling Collective of Tattooine, and many large software companies.

Dark Side CG (tm) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft.

Reprinted from: http://lists.spunge.org/funny-bone/archive/msg00485.html

El Chuxter
11-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks, plasticfetish. I think I'm going to use this animated one I made from a starwars.com image for a bit first, though. :D

This episode was more story-driven than action-packed. Not that it was bad, but I think solid action works better for such a short program.

Phantom-like Menace
11-18-2003, 05:22 PM
I missed Monday's Clone Wars installment and had to watch it earlier today, but Chapter 7 was pretty cool. They're giving Dooku quite the reputation for slapping people down with Force lightning. I figured Dooku would find it rather amusing that Asajj claimed to be Sith. I just wish I didn't have to see it on such a small screen.

Hellboy
11-18-2003, 06:13 PM
I liked this chapter quite a bit. It's probably my second favorite behind chapter 3 featuring the Clonetroopers crash landing. It looks like more clone action tonight though. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2003, 06:52 PM

You bring up a good point. In the episode the writers seem careful about their use of the Sith(R) brand name and who is considered to be a Sith. I think they did a good job and it definitely was an enjoyable episode. Can't wait to get back to some Clone-whooping action.

James Boba Fettfield
11-18-2003, 08:10 PM
The episode was alright up until Obi Wan stabs Durge! That's when it kicked it up a notch and got good! Obi Wan really messed him up, and I loved every minute of it. And I'm probably going against popular opinion, but Durge is becoming a favorite of mine.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Obi-Wan kicked some major @$$! He looks awesome in Clone Trooper attire!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Awesome episode tonight!!! The whole jousting thing kinda irritates me, but the fight w/ Obi and Durge was bad---!! I loved it when Obi got his saber back and they went at it full force. Awesome!!! Hopefully, they could make an Obi-Wan in clone attire with a soft goods cape. Man, that would rule!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2003, 08:13 PM
The episode was alright up until Obi Wan stabs Durge! That's when it kicked it up a notch and got good! Obi Wan really messed him up, and I loved every minute of it. And I'm probably going against popular opinion, but Durge is becoming a favorite of mine.

I'm with ya, BFF! I like the ole' Durge!!! I liked his laugh, it was very reminiscent of the original "Predator" scene where the creature laughs. He is a pretty good character! cheers! :D

Lord Malakite
11-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Another excellent episode. Durge is something else. It appears as though he can regenerate himself. I agree that Obi-Wan looks good in the Clone Trooper armor. The only thing I don't get is the lightsaber through the chest. Shouldn't the saber have turned off when Obi let go of it, and if not, wouldn't it of fallen straight down with the blade slicing through Durge's crotch instead of just remaining stuck in his chest.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Great Episode!!! Badass Durge!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
11-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Good episode!Obi-Wan was pretty awesome in the Clonetrooper Uniform:DDurge was okay,I dont understand the entire regeneration thing though.

I agree with you Malakite,Obi-Wans saber should have turned off or slid out,but its only a minor problem.Offical sources can say he has a toggle-on switch that keeps the saber on.

Beast
11-18-2003, 09:27 PM
ISJ, there is a way of keeping them in the on position when they're not being held. Just look at ROTJ, when Vader throws his lightsaber at the bridge that Luke is on. As for it not sliding out of the wound, probably was just because it wasn't being directed to cut through the body, since noone was holding it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-18-2003, 09:33 PM
I believe if you read Durge's databank entry on starwars.com they explain about the healing abilities of his species.

Phantom-like Menace
11-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Durge is okay, but I'm hoping Asajj will prove cooler. I'm still having a problem with the lances. Obi-Wan had to have his lance destroyed to remind him his lightsaber was better. It's cool; I was wondering where I had heard a similar laugh before. I wonder if they meant to make it sound like Predator. Obi-Wan should take Durge's mask off and inform him he's one ugly motherf***er.

plasticfetish
11-19-2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks, plasticfetish. I think I'm going to use this animated one I made from a starwars.com image for a bit first, though.
No problem. (I was gonna say that the new one you have is quite snazzy.)

-----

OK.
I may have to change my tune about Durge ... I know it's not over yet, so who knows ... but I was pretty surprised by the regeneration thing. That's a really cool element. I didn't expect it at all ... it's a great twist. Durge picking up the broken speeder and swinging it at Obi-Wan was very cool!

I wasn't so into the speeder/lance thing at first either, but then it kind of clicked that it's a pretty obvious reference to jousting and knights and all that. You know, Jedi Knights ...

scruffziller
11-19-2003, 08:39 AM
Yea I sure hope (if there isn't already) there will be a cool fig of Obi in Clone trooper garb!!!:D

Anakin2121
11-19-2003, 10:49 AM
ISJ, there is a way of keeping them in the on position when they're not being held. Just look at ROTJ, when Vader throws his lightsaber at the bridge that Luke is on. As for it not sliding out of the wound, probably was just because it wasn't being directed to cut through the body, since noone was holding it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exactly. That'd be great in ROTJ if Vader threw the saber at Luke, but it shuts off the second it is free of Vader's hand, and just the hilt goes spinning through the air and hits Luke in the face! He'd be like, "Oww! That REALLY hurt! You fight like a woman! Who throws a lightsaber hilt? Honestly!" :D *Austin Powers reference*

And if you impale a guy with a sword, the blade will stay thrust in his body, it won't fall all the way down, through his crotch and down to the ground. :rolleyes: :p

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Well Anakin, I think the difference between a lightsaber and a sword, is that the lightsaber is very different. The blade of it is pure energy, so unlike a sword, it probably wouldn't require a constant force to keep it cutting through Durge. Maybe the energy blade would keep burning down through Durge's body as gravity pulls the lightsaber down.

Then again, maybe the weight of the hilt would have caused the blade to flip up and cut Durge through the chest.

OR Obi-Wan used the force to keep the lightsaber ignited and sticking in that same spot....or maybe not. It's a cartoon, so it looked best to keep it sticking through Durge.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Such a freakin' awesome episode.

<<in whiny Veruca Salt voice>>"I want an Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armor NOOOOOW!"

The Durge/OB1 duel tops Dooku vs. Baldy, absolutely.

I'm now convinced that Durge is Oogie Boogie's long lost cousin, but with tenticles not bugs for innards.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-19-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm liking this stabbing/force pull method Obi-Wan does with his lightsaber.

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Average episode. Durge looked really freaky there as that big muscle mass thing. Acting like the blob, sucking up Obi Wan. An ok episode, not much more.

Lord Malakite
11-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Woah, another good episode. Not quite as good as yesterday, but still. I swear Durge is like something you would pull out of the Resident Evil games. At the end the puddles of goo are squirming away. Is it possible Durge can still be alive. :eek:

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Durge's gone for good, if I remember those episode summaries from awhile back. Then again, maybe those summaries were fake.

As I understand it, though, IF Durge were to come back from that attack, it would supposedly take him some years to come back. That's even if he can come back from something that severe.

Kidhuman
11-19-2003, 09:48 PM
I missed episode 9, but episode 8 rocked. Iwant the Obi-Wan in clone gear and speeder. That kicked arse

LTBasker
11-20-2003, 02:14 AM
I suspect in episode 8 Obi-Wan probably did use the force to keep the blade suspended hoping it would provide more damage. Unlike a sword made of solid matter it probably should've slid out of him, cutting more of him as it angles. But yea Obi probably used the force to keep it in him, like he did with the Droideka in episode 9.

Obi-Wan was really great in 9, when he landed on the platform with the other Clones it was exactly like Batman landed alot of times in Batman: The Animated Series. Durge was very disappointing, he's just some anime creature. Pretty lame...

I agree though, Obi-Wan does look great in the Clone Trooper armor, they definitely need a figure of him like that with his cloak.

One thing that's pretty cool, it did show that Jedi could block solid matter bullets using the force, even in a constant stream of countless ones. :happy: :happy: :happy:

2-1B
11-20-2003, 02:44 AM
I agree, Durge is lame and I hope he's dead.

Pure foolishness. :dead:

InsaneJediGirl
11-20-2003, 07:29 AM
I really hope Durge is dead as well.The arm thing was probably the most lame.

Excluding Durge,the episode was quite awesome.I love the work that the Clones and Obi-Wan did,the Banking Clan wasnt even expecting an attack:D

Kidhuman
11-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Episode 9 was awesome. I hope Durge is dead, probably not though, he seemd to be regrouping at the end. They should just make allthe episodes with Obi and the Arcs. They had the best ones so far. Tonight the finale and Friday night is the minithon. It starts at 730(1-5) then pokemon3 and then at 930 comes 6-10 so set your vcrs. My kids like pokemon so I dont care to tape that as well.

El Chuxter
11-20-2003, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure Durge is dead, as much as I'd like it to be so. The timeline points to him being alive, methinks.

The Jedi first encountered him in Republic on the moon of Naboo.

Here, they fight him on Muunilist.

Asajj Ventress was just recruited by Dooku when Durge supposedly is killed by Obi-Wan.

But I'm pretty sure Asajj has worked with Durge under Dooku's command (and with her red sabers), which would mean he has to be around after Muunilist.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Going from the Clone Wars timeline in Insider 69, the Battle of Muunilinst takes place four months after the Battle of Geonosis. The Defense of Naboo takes place three months after Geonosis. Muunilinst and Naboo are so close in time, perhaps Asajj was recruited near the end of the third month/beginning of the fourth month. It's entirely possible that Durge is dead.

I don't really like Durge without his armor. I'll have to see it again to make a solid judgment. So far, Chapter 8 was the best. Tonight looks good - a space battle! But why would Geonosians keep giving Dooku their starfighters? I thought they would only use them on Geonosis.

James Boba Fettfield
11-20-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of space battles, so this episode didn't do too much for me. Not too much in the excitement department, felt like I was playing a video game for part of it there just watching Anakin fly around after those two ships.

And Anakin's voice still bugs me. Eh, not a terrible episode, just not the part of the Clone Wars I like to watch. Get me back to the ground battles!

Nice ending though.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Tonight's chapter was pretty good. I'm impressed by Anakin's strategy to shoot over the command ship.

Lord Malakite
11-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Once again, Anakin sounds like a little girl, literally. Convenient with the Micheal Jackson thing going on. :rolleyes: Overall, not the best episode, but at the same time it could be worse. Some throw backs to the original Trilogy with the mention of losing Gold Leader. Also seems to have a few throw backs to The Phantom Menace with Anakin flying through the vessel to destroy it. Nice little cliff hanger to end with until the continuation with Chapters 11-20 next Spring.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2003, 08:32 PM
When Anakin was flying through that ship, i was praying to the Dork Gods that he would be like, "now, this is podracing, yipeeeeeeeeeeee!" but, no luck. :(

I liked this episode; good to see Anakin kickin' some arse rather than crying about something. :D

bobafrett
11-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Well, due to my son leaving the VCR on during the times I was time recording the Clone Wars, I missed episodes 7 and 9. Can't wait to get them recorded back to back later today. I'm seeing 7:30 eastern time, so 6:30 central. Will this run the full hour then? I need to set my VCR and would like to make sure I allow enough time before and after the show.

Tycho
11-21-2003, 01:18 AM
No.

7:30-8:00 Star Wars Clone Wars parts 1-5

8:00-9:30 Pokemon 3 - what you've all been really wanting to see.

9:30-10:00 Star Wars Clone Wars parts 6-10

You need to set a VCR to record twice to get it all.

Everyone understand?

My times concern PACIFIC STANDARD TIMES

Kidhuman
11-21-2003, 09:44 AM
No.

7:30-8:00 Star Wars Clone Wars parts 1-5

8:00-9:30 Pokemon 3 - what you've all been really wanting to see.

9:30-10:00 Star Wars Clone Wars parts 6-10

You need to set a VCR to record twice to get it all.

Everyone understand?

My times concern PACIFIC STANDARD TIMES

Yes TRycho. I am lucky enough that my step kids love Pokemon so I only need to set it once. 7:25-10:30 should do it for me. The only one I missed was last night, but I amgonna watch it on Cartoon Network website.

bobafrett
11-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Thanks Tycho! I would have missed recording episodes 6-10, and I alread missed recording episodes 7 and 9, so I really needed to get those second set of 5!

plo koon 200
11-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I have not posted in here in a while, Episode 7 was my second favorite, lightsaber duels are cool, Episodes 8-9 were good I love the Anime style and how he took from Akira and Princess Mononoke. Episode 10 could have been better. I thought for a space battle it looked to video-game like.

This show keeps me wanting more.

JediBoulton
11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Once again, Anakin sounds like a little girl, literally. Convenient with the Micheal Jackson thing going on. :rolleyes: Overall, not the best episode, but at the same time it could be worse. Some throw backs to the original Trilogy with the mention of losing Gold Leader. Also seems to have a few throw backs to The Phantom Menace with Anakin flying through the vessel to destroy it. Nice little cliff hanger to end with until the continuation with Chapters 11-20 next Spring.

Got a question -- who's ship was that Anakin was shooting at in the last frame -- Thought it was Dooku -- but not sure??

James Boba Fettfield
11-21-2003, 05:42 PM
I believe that's the ship of Asajj Ventress or however it's spelled.

Phantom-like Menace
11-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Asajj's ship? That makes sense. I am really looking forward to seeing her and Anakin fight. It's going to be one heck of a wait for chapters 6-10.

Lord Malakite
11-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Asajj's ship? That makes sense. I am really looking forward to seeing her and Anakin fight. It's going to be one heck of a wait for chapters 6-10.
Not as hard as waiting for chapters 11-20 in April.

InsaneJediGirl
11-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Chapter 10 was okay,reminded me of Episode I and the OT.Now waiting for the rest is hard,hopefully lots of reruns!

James Boba Fettfield
11-21-2003, 10:01 PM
That little preview for the new episodes in the spring looked good! Can't wait!

Lord Malakite
11-21-2003, 10:04 PM
That little preview for the new episodes in the spring looked good! Can't wait!
Watched all the chapters again tonight. Good to see them all back to back. Excellent preview for next season. Looks like its going to be awsome with Yoda and Mace involved.

James Boba Fettfield
11-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Don't forget those little droids they showed, just perfect for Yoda to fight.

Phantom-like Menace
11-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Lord_Malakite, yep, I meant 11-20. That was just a little bout of retardation on my part.

The preview for said chapters though, looked awesome. I actually liked the brief aside for Kit Fisto, and I'm looking forward to Yoda's, Luminara and Baris's, and Mace's chapters quite a bit.

dr_evazan22
11-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Been away for a few days and I feel really behind.

I wasn't too fond of watching Turdge pull himself together after getting sliced, and especially after getting blown apart. It reminds me TOO much of bad Marvel and DC comics where Sandman or Clayface pull themselves back together after a seeming eternity.

I REALLY liked Obi's look in the clone gear! We definitely need a fig of that! Another thing I like was a design aspect of the speeder which had a slight T-visor look at the very front.

Didn't like the other superhero/anime aspects of the Obi - Turdge fight.

I thought the space battle with Ani had some nice homages to the other episodes, like you guys have already said. Looking forward to what Assajj does to Ani and how she helps push him along.

bobafrett
11-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Yes, I was going to mention how cool it was seeing Obi Wan in the clone like armor! Looked like a modern day knight! Jedi Knight that is.............!

Tycho
11-22-2003, 02:54 AM
I've really enjoyed the Clone Wars cartoon. I've got it all taped with no commercials, each episode back-to-back, and I'm watching them at least twice.

I especially like:

Anything to do with the ARC Troopers and Clone Troopers - they're done the coolest!

Obi-Wan in Clone Armor, and Obi-Wan in general - Force deflecting laser blasts like Vader does to Han's, we can see Obi-Wan growing more powerful in this cartoon, and his character and voice are handled well.

Ventress is very interesting and Dooku was well done. Their mini-chapters with Darth Sidious was just too cool!

Anakin's ship is pretty cool. I'm thinking the Geonosian Fighters are too plane-n-simple to be fighting this sexy Jedi starfighter! Loved the homage to TPM in the starfighter battle, as well as the little tribute to ANH.

The Clone Fighters are a must-have toy! Dang they are cool! PLEASE HASBRO! Make these! (but note to Gennedy: the CIS needs some cooler fighters!)

The IG-droids were great! I'd like to see them fight OFF of speederbikes, because I always wondered how IG-88 moved in battle. Him fighting Mandalorian Clones is a great homeage to 88's rivalry with Boba Fett!

Padme and the droids were cute.

Palpatine's office scene in the very first one, with Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda, was also cute.

The scene where you see Anakin's starfighter and all the ships reflected in Padme's window was just the best! It was so "STAR WARS!"

Dang I'm proud to be a fan!

bobafrett
11-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Yes, well I tried recording it, got the first 5 okay, but I only got about 2 minutesd of the second half. Not Happy. Anyone know if they are rebroadcasting this? I checked CartoonNetwork.com, but so far they don't list any.

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Tycho you said it all. I have it recorded with commercials though and pokemon in between.(kids like it). It was a great 10 epsisodes. Kit had a good episode, but Obi and the ARC's took the cakle IMO. Cant wait 4 months til the rest come out.

2-1B
11-22-2003, 01:08 PM
I would rather watch an episode of Droids or Ewoks than that Durge nonsense ever again. No, that's not an exaggeration.

10 more episodes ? Sounds like a bunch of garbage. Maybe they can get the Hulk to make a cameo with Durge, they can get "hulked up" together and go up against the tiny Clonetroopers. Wait, I mean "ARC" Troopers. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Jedi should have skipped Anakin and put Kit Fisto into the role of "Chosen One" - did you see how he pulled that giant ball of air/Force in the water and threw it right throw an underwater vessel? Yeah, that was wicked. :rolleyes:

stillakid
11-22-2003, 01:33 PM
So we're watching the compilation episodes last night, and my wife, who hasn't seen any of it yet, suddenly calls out to me (I'm in the kitchen), "So, what happened to the Stormtroopers between then and now? These Clone troopers are such good shots and the Stormtroopers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn."

She suggested that maybe the Stormtroopers were whipped up with a bad batch of genes or something. I told her that this thing about Stormtroopers being clones is still up for debate so who knows.

Tycho
11-22-2003, 02:03 PM
NEWSFLASH: Jango Fett is dead.

200,000 troopers were ready, with 1 million more on the way.

According to the Official Star Wars database, IMPERIAL CLASS Star Destroyers carry 9,700 stormtroopers.

1 million divided up into Star Destroyer compliments (9700) = 103 Star Destroyers.

Do you think the Empire (or Old Republic through the Clone Wars) had more than 103 Star Destroyers?

They'll need new genetic material to make new Clones. There's genetic degradation with replicating a replica (in other words, cloning a Clone Trooper). Not even Boba Fett would work because he might be unaltered, but he's still a Clone!

THEY NEED A NEW SOURCE OF CLONES TO KEEP GOING, AS THE REPUBLIC IS LOSING "Star Destroyers" like the one destroyed in the Kit Fisto Episode, and I'm sure more will be lost in battles not over yet, like Muunilist.

There are thousands of systems in secession, and if Mon Calamari got like 7 cruisers, I'm sure they'll need 7,000 ships full, not just 103.

They'll need 67 million and 900,000 (67,900,000) Clones to just send 7 star destroyers to 1,000 worlds.

There are 10,000 Jedi Knights across the whole galaxy. Well, technically closer to 9,800 after Geonosis. In Master-and-Apprentice teams, that means Jedi can be dispatched (uh, with more meaning than one) to 4,900 of these worlds.

Now you get the idea that with the Clone Wars, Palpatine has created the ultimate mess!

In any case, they are never going to get 67,900,000 clones made from what's left of Jango Fett. They are 66,700,000 Clone Troopers short of their minimal, reasonable, peace keeping force.

Therefore a new type (or types) of Clones must be created. They won't be Mandalorian, or wear the Mandalorian-style Old Republic Clone Trooper armor.
They won't have Jango Fett's Concord Dawn (New Zealand) accent.

They might have Han Solo's Corellian (American) accent, and therefore, though no one believes me, no evidence from insider leaks point to this, but I think Han Solo's father was the source of much of the Stormtroopers Clones!

TheDarthVader
11-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Yes, well I tried recording it, got the first 5 okay, but I only got about 2 minutesd of the second half. Not Happy. Anyone know if they are rebroadcasting this? I checked CartoonNetwork.com, but so far they don't list any.

Yes, can anyone tell me (too) if the original episodes 1-10 will be aired again back to back like that? It would be greatly appreciated because I have been bad at keeping up with the cartoons and I really want to see them!!!!!!!!!

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 05:30 PM
If you still use Kazaa, they have all the episodes on there. You can dl and burn them for your own pleasure.

Hellboy
11-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Yes, can anyone tell me (too) if the original episodes 1-10 will be aired again back to back like that? It would be greatly appreciated because I have been bad at keeping up with the cartoons and I really want to see them!!!!!!!!!

I did a search for you Darth on my ReplayTV unit which scans ahead 7 days and I saw nothing. :( I'm sure they'll play them again multiple times before the next 10 episodes air.

dr_evazan22
11-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Forgot to add that when Turdge wasn't on his speeder he looked like he was drawn by Rob Leifeild, just without the spincter-face.

2-1B
11-23-2003, 02:40 AM
stillakid, well technically I think the OT Stormies ARE good shots. "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise" is what Ben says and I don't think he was exaggerating. They took care of business on the Tantive IV.
I know that ultimately we have to accept that 'our heroes' are just lucky enough to escape harm (well except for Leia taking that shot in the wing on Endor) but yeah, something was done wrong since the audience so easily makes jokes about them being so precise. :crazed:

Tycho, where is it explained in the movies that they can't clone a clone? :confused:
Personally I've always thought of that "genetic drift" stuff as rumor . . . :)

Tycho
11-23-2003, 05:29 AM
It's not in the movies, but keeping it realistic to what at least science-fiction has written about Cloning, would be a good step. Plus the American accents of the stormtroopers, and the NZ accents of the Clones, is very likely intentional.

Plus, with Jango's death, it's cool to have his presence fade out of the universe, leaving Boba Fett as the only one THAT good!

And he'd resent new "replacement" clones that take the positions of his father's clones he might have been proud of (even if he thought they fought for the wrong side).

Lends itself to my "Han is a new kind of Clone theory."

2-1B
11-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Realistic? :confused:
"Growth acceleration and docile-imposition" doesn't sound THAT realistic to me. :D

As for the accents of the Troops, well I'll have to wait to see if E3 addresses the issue. Until then, I see the voices as more of a technical issue. Kinda like the Emperor's scream being used for Luke. :D

Beast
11-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Lucas/McCallum answered the Clone question just a while ago. But I forget where it was. Basically they said that after Jango's death, they no longer have a genetic source for his DNA. But while the Empire does continue to clone their StormTroopers, they're from a more diverse group of individuals. So appearantly you can't clone a clone, or they would have. It also explains the minor height deviation to the Troopers in the OT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Forgot to add that when Turdge wasn't on his speeder he looked like he was drawn by Rob Leifeild, just without the spincter-face.
Who is Turdge? Is he Durge's twin brother that I somehow missed seeing? :p

*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*

I read on the chapter listings that Anakin's starfighter gets destroyed. That explains why in the New Droid Army for GBA, he uses a regular red starfighter. NDA happens six months after the cartoons.

Tycho
11-23-2003, 01:35 PM
The show is still tempting me to buy the toy of Anakin's Starfighter though.

I admit, as of yet, I haven't done so, but they are easily available sitting on all the shelves at Target and TRU out here (they are selling and turn around is good though).

I'd like to display mine flanked by 2 Clone Fighters with Clone Pilots aboard.

That's the real hook. But by itself, Anakin's fighter toy is still tempting. I bet I pick it up with an extra Anakin figure on my next hunt.

I wish he'd have something besides Geonosian fighters to pick dog fights against... (I got my 2 Geo fighters for my Geonosis battle scene, like them, but don't seem tempted to buy more of them).

How does anybody else feel about the toys now that they've seen the show (and/or learned that Anakin's fighter must be destroyed due to the timeline info we just got above)???

JediTricks
11-23-2003, 07:44 PM
I have the Ani Starfighter toy, it's not that great and not all that similar to the one from the cartoon. It's an ok toy, but I think it doesn't hold a candle to the regular Jedi Starfighter.

Now that I've seen all 10 eps, I have to agree with Caesar, it didn't work for me much at all. I liked Durge until he turned into a freaky muscle-monster, and I liked the IG droids until there were a million of 'em (that's a problem with a lot of this show for me, so many gunships flying, battle droids walking, geonosian fighters fighting, clone starfighters blowing up, the numbers are too unrealistic for my tastes, especially with such a thin excuse for a plot) but I can't think of one other element that worked for me. Also, the Force powers in this series seem really over the top compared to the films. The clonetrooper speederbikes turned into roman steeds were a perfect example of what I didn't like, Genndy clearly used a very specific style to make this, but I don't think the style works well with the SW genre.

Another thing that bugs me about this series is the voice casting, it seemed really lame at first, but by the time Asajj opened her mouth, it was downright unbearable. Checking IMDB, it turns out almost every voice actor here is either a Cartoon Network regular or a Lucasarts video game regular, and I just don't think they are that convincing.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-23-2003, 08:01 PM
and I liked the IG droids until there were a million of 'em (that's a problem with a lot of this show for me, so many gunships flying, battle droids walking, geonosian fighters fighting, clone starfighters blowing up, the numbers are too unrealistic for my tastes, especially with such a thin excuse for a plot) but I can't think of one other element that worked for me.Its WAR in HUGE GALAXY with CLONED troops and MASS PRoduced Droids, of course there will be CrapLoads of them, its all part of WAR.

JediTricks
11-23-2003, 10:09 PM
And they all happen to be right there where the main focus is, where Obi-Wan is, where Durge is, whomever. There's enough gunships in the air to blot out the sky, yet when the ARC Troopers are in the city, it's empty streets from both teams. This is supposed to be a battle on multiple fronts, with both sides stretched to the limit of their resources, yet there are endless supplies of clonetroopers and ships and gunships. Even the TPM and AOTC battles weren't that much overkill.

2-1B
11-24-2003, 03:01 AM
I liked Durge until he turned into a freaky muscle-monster,

In fairness to Durge, I should say that I didn't hate him at first.
I was pretty set against him from the pre-show hype. His backstory was foolish IMO and I was NOT looking forward to it. But when he finally entered the story, I thought it worked alright at first. I didn't notice any of his backstory being told onscreen and I thought it was better that way. He worked pretty well as one of Dooku's hired goons . . . but then the "freaky muscle-monster" which JT described came forward and they totally lost me there.

For a little while I thought my early opinion on Durge was a rush to judgement but I think I hate him more now than I imagined I would before the show aired.

plasticfetish
11-24-2003, 05:27 AM
...and therefore, though no one believes me, no evidence from insider leaks point to this, but I think Han Solo's father was the source of much of the Stormtroopers Clones!
You know, I'm finding the concept highly believable as of late. There has been info leaked about ... oh yeah, no spoilers ... so I don't think the idea is that far fetched. We've fetched farther ideas so far, so why not this one.

When I was a young nerdling, talking Star Wars on the playground and debating the future and past of the series ... one idea that popped up was the idea of Obi-Wan being a clone source. We used to wonder why his name sounded like a letter/number designation ... OB-1 ... could it have anything to do with Ben Kenobi being the first of his line? So anyway, I'm kind of thinking that we may get a few of those, "Oh yeah, that's how it started" moments with episode 3. We've already gotten some of that with the cartoons.

I liked Durge until he turned into a freaky muscle-monster
Hah. I honestly didn't care for him at all until he did turn into one. The whole big, RoboCop meets "The Humungus" from Mad Max thing bugged me. Now that I see a reason for him looking like a big mess, I'm way more into it. He kind of reminds me of the Tyrant from Resident Evil also ... the idea of Obi-Wan fighting a big sloppy mutant is a good one I think.

How does anybody else feel about the toys now that they've seen the show...
I was into them before the show, and yep ... I'm way more into them now. I'd like to pick up Anakin's fighter (I may wait a while though) and I'd like to see a bunch of other things offered. I do have my quality issues with this line now though, so I'm taking it easy.

Phantom-like Menace
11-24-2003, 07:18 PM
Tycho,

I've always wanted to get Asajj, and this cartoon hasn't changed that. The cartoon has sold me on ARC troopers, even though their proportions are off on the figures; I may have to pick up a few of those. Indeed the show has sold me completely on buying more clone troopers (right now the only clones I have are two pilots for my gunship). So my gunship will no longer be full of Jedi but clones. As for Anakin's starfighter: if I had more money, it would be on my list, but right now, I'm mostly looking at figures. Of course, if they make those cool clone fighters, I may have to go ahead and accept more debt. I have no plans to purchase Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Kit Fisto, or Saesee Tiin because of their cartoon treatment, but I plan to purchase them just to support EU figures. I have absolutely no plans to buy the animation-style figures.

stillakid
11-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Because I went into this cartoon with no assumptions and absolutely no knowledge of any of the backstories, I haven't had any real problems with it. As far as I can tell, the point of it seems to be to just put down in pictures an idea of what some of the "clone war" battles might have looked like so that George doesn't have to "waste" real screentime with them in the "real" movies. To that end, the cartoon is pretty much doing that. Aside from things like Durge and that arena full of fighting monsters being over the top, they are acceptable within the context of this being a cartoon. Sure, they are wayyyy over the top for a Star Wars element, but CLONE WARS obviously isn't even attempting to be a "serious" take on the topic. So for that, I look forward to more. :)

Oh, plus the toys. When do those animated style figures hit Target? I need an Anakin to put into this goofy ship of his. :D

JediTricks
11-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Secret Ceremony Anakin fits well in the Ani Starfighter cockpit, and I hear the CW Ani's headset fits on SC Ani's head to complete the look.

TheDarthVader
11-25-2003, 11:09 PM
I did a search for you Darth on my ReplayTV unit which scans ahead 7 days and I saw nothing. :( I'm sure they'll play them again multiple times before the next 10 episodes air.

If you could keep scanning every now and again I would be very much abliged if you could post something back here if you find anything. It would give me a "heads up" so I can get my VCR ready to record the episodes. Thanks, hellboy.

stillakid
11-25-2003, 11:37 PM
If you could keep scanning every now and again I would be very much abliged if you could post something back here if you find anything. It would give me a "heads up" so I can get my VCR ready to record the episodes. Thanks, hellboy.

I've been editing the episodes together and plan on putting the compilation up on Kazaa later on this week. So if you've got a fast modem, you could pull them down that way. :)

bobafrett
11-26-2003, 12:48 AM
I heard they are going to start running the 3 to 5 minute episodes again every night starting December 1st on Cartoon Network.

Hellboy
11-29-2003, 08:15 PM

Looks like Cartoon Network is starting to re-air the CW shorts starting Monday.
M-F Chapters 1-5, 3:00-3:05 P.M.

Cartoon Network's schedules tend to change with little to no notice so the times could change for following chapters in the weeks to come.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-12-2003, 06:24 PM
I just saw a new commercial about the Clone Wars next season and the Lak Sivrak Jedi (can't remember his name) has been chosen as the character that will appear in the last chapter.

Tycho
12-12-2003, 11:38 PM
That's cool. That's how a large majority of us here indicated they voted!

I wanted the Wolfman Jedi too!

plasticfetish
12-13-2003, 01:37 AM
I think I voted hammerhead Jedi ... but honestly, I'm up for any of them so It's all good. I'm really kind of curious to see how they do the wolfman Jedi now.

Kidhuman
12-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Cool, the wolfman got it. I voted for him

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2003, 11:55 AM
No way in hell is George gonna put a wolfman in EIII. This guy is probably gonna die after two seconds of screentime. :D

scruffziller
12-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Wait until I find those screen captures. :D

How can some of you not like this one? Kit is the bomb! Man, if he weren't on Mon Calamari, Asajj would swoon before his mighty grin and totally ripped pecs in tonight's episode. Good thing for the Confederacy that those Battle Droids don't have female programming.

Seriously, though, it's pretty cool to see a sort of cult popping up around his mighty grin.
Man, Chux you are too funny with giving props to KF.

It is kinda interesting to see something like that about a charachter that was done in the movie translate continually. What I mean is that the actor playing Fisto probably just did that grin with no real planning from GL or whovever when it was filmed but decided to make it a trademark even though it may have been a fluke on the fly-by.:D

Beast
01-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Season 2 begins in March, according to the New York Post:

MORE 'TOON 'WARS'
By DON KAPLAN

January 9, 2004 -- CARTOON Network is putting the finishing touches on the next set of "Star Wars" 'toons, the newest and coolest editions to the "Star Wars" saga.

The first of 10 new episodes of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" - each between three and five minutes long - is slated to debut on March 26. The first batch aired last November.

The epic micro-series takes place in between "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" and the new movie that's still in production, which won't be released until 2005.

But "Clone Wars" is the latest highly stylized action 'toon from animation maestro, Genndy Tartakovsky, the creative force behind the network's cult hit "Samurai Jack."

One of the most attractive elements of the 'toon is that many of the episodes focus on a group of minor characters, a rarity in "Star Wars" mythology which usually tells sweeping, galaxy-sized stories.
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/15282.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
01-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Great,I wondered when the episodes were coming back to CN :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-06-2005, 09:07 AM
More details and cover art have popped up on DVDANSWERS.com

"Fox Home Entertainment has announced Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2 in which Jedi heroes Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi continue their valiant fight to stop the evil Separatists led by General Grievous. All five 12-minute chapters of Volume 2 are included in this release, chronicling Anakin's rise to Jedi Knight as well as General Grievous' daring attack against the Republic capital, leading directly into the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Extras will include commentary by Tartakovsky and his team of artists, a "Connecting the Dots" featurette that takes audiences inside the creative process and shows how the series connects to Episode III, concept art, storyboards, sketches, trailers for upcoming LucasArts video games, and an Xbox playable demo of two entire levels from Battlefront II."

Rocketboy
09-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Nice. Seems like it'll fit nicely with Volume 1.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Two levels of Battlefront 2...biatchin!

kool-aid killer
09-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Sweet! Looks like me and the younger brother are going to overrun the sisters room (she has a XBox) so we can play the two Battlefront 2 levels after we watch the second Clone Wars season again. I like the cover art too.

Rocketboy
09-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Two levels of Battlefront 2...biatchin!Yeah, more than a month after the game comes out...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
I love the box art. I think I'll be getting Battlefront II before then anyway, but it's a nice addition. Wasn't there a Republic Commando demo or something on Volume I? I know there was a Battlefront demo on the OT DVDs, but I can't remember if there's been anything since then. It's a cool idea though.

Rocketboy
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
It's a cool idea though.Yeah, but only if you have an XBox.

Battle Droid
11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Oops, nevermind.

Slicker
11-21-2005, 06:33 PM
This from RS. (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Clone_Wars_Marathon_Airs_Saturday_95951.asp)

Apparently they're showing the last 5 episodes on the 26th in a marathon.