PDA

View Full Version : Gene Hackman fans soundoff!

Tycho
09-16-2003, 09:11 PM
I like Gene Hackman's movies. I usually do.

I own these:

Geronimo
Unforgiven
Wyatt Earp
Crimson Tide
The Firm
Superman

Probably more.

He's a good actor.

stillakid
09-16-2003, 10:23 PM
I like Gene Hackman's movies. I usually do.

I own these:

Geronimo
Unforgiven
Wyatt Earp
Crimson Tide
The Firm
Superman

Probably more.

He's a good actor.

Funny, I just got to meet him last weekend. His newest film, Runaway Jury, looks to be as good as the rest.

LTBasker
09-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Haven't really seen alot of his movies but he was great in Behind Enemy Lines and Young Frankenstein. :D

Let's see.. all the ones I've seen him in: (from latest to earliest)
-Behind Enemy Lines
-Enemy of the State
-Antz
-Superman IV
-Superman II
-Superman
-Young Frankenstein

Hmm, could've sworn I've seen him in more but that's all I could remember seeing on his acting list on IMDb.com.

Kidhuman
09-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Here is all his movies, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/filmgrph/gene_hackman.htm)

He has always been a great actor in my eyes. Iloved just about everything he did that I have seen. I know he has done alot of movies, justabout everyone since the dawn of time it seems, but when you are that darn good, you deserve it.

stillakid
09-16-2003, 11:52 PM
Haven't really seen alot of his movies but he was great in Behind Enemy Lines and Young Frankenstein. :D

Let's see.. all the ones I've seen him in: (from latest to earliest)
-Behind Enemy Lines
-Enemy of the State
-Antz
-Superman IV
-Superman II
-Superman
-Young Frankenstein

Hmm, could've sworn I've seen him in more but that's all I could remember seeing on his acting list on IMDb.com.

Hoosiers. See Hoosiers.

Tycho
09-17-2003, 03:06 AM
I want to see Behind Enemy Lines and Enemy of the State.

Tell us how you got to meet him Stillakid. What did you talk about? What is he like?

He seems like he'd be really intelligent.

I'm not sure what Ulysses S. Grant was like, but in the sequel to Gettysberg, I hope they find a role for Gene.

If he'd been in Star Wars, I could have almost seen him play Qui-Gon's part, but Liam Neeson was by far a better choice.

Liam Neeson and Gene Hackman would be a good combination in a movie, however!

JediTricks
09-17-2003, 04:01 AM
I didn't like him cast as Lex Luthor in the Superman movies, he would make a good villain but I didn't think that was the right one for him.

I think Hackman did a really good job in "The Firm". He's usually good in everything (except commercial voice-overs ;)) but there I thought he stood out really well.

TeeEye7
09-17-2003, 05:57 AM
How can you guys forget "Bonnie and Clyde"????

He only won Best Supporting Actor........ :eek:

Exhaust Port
09-17-2003, 06:45 AM
No, no, no. Fire is our friend. :D

stillakid
09-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Tell us how you got to meet him Stillakid. What did you talk about? What is he like?
I shot an interview for the new Hoosiers DVD extras that they're working on. He's a nice guy, but I have heard some "horror" stories about him on set. But he was good with us. :)

aceguide
09-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Hoosiers has to be his tops.

Mississippi Burning is also a pretty good flick.

What about the Lowe's voice overs... ;)

Tycho
09-17-2003, 11:52 AM
I forgot about Mississippi Burning. I own that one too. Another good character he played well.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Does anyone remember The Package? I don't think it's one of his best, but it's still a great flick. Plus we don't have to see his co-star Dennis Franz' bare butt in it. :)

TeeEye7
09-22-2003, 07:20 AM
MC:

Ice Dogs drool......CONDORS RULE! :D

plasticfetish
09-24-2003, 02:38 AM
What a weird thread.

Gene Hackman is great ... he's one of those guys that's just nice to have around. Looking at his filmography, I was remembering how great he was in The Royal Tenenbaums.