PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace: Ben Burtt Chat Tonight!

Pendo
09-18-2003, 04:17 AM
Sound Effects Designer and Editor Ben Burtt will be online to chat to fans tonight (Thursday 18th September) at 4:00 p.m. Pacific time, 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, Friday 19th September at 12:00 a.m. UK time, and 9:00 a.m. Sydney time.

PENDO!

Pendo
09-18-2003, 08:23 PM
Nothing was really revealed in tonight's chat, but it wasn't really on for long. Here's some little bits:
- Ben is trying to link the PT with the OT with the sound effects.
- There is enough left over dialogue for Chewbacca from the OT.
- Bruce Spence's character will have Sound Effects dialogue if Ben can come up with a good original language.
- The new bad guy will have some kind of processing to his voice.
- The most interesting sound will be an environment.
- Rusty nails being pulled out of a warped wood will be used for a sound effect in Episode III.
- JEJ has not yet recorded his voice (which is a shock as we were all convinced he had from the rumours years ago) and final plans for him to do so have not yet been made.

PENDO!

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Thanks for posting that Pendo.

I wonder if we'll hear any dialogue from Vader in the trailers. As to the bad guy having processing to his voice. Well, Jango Fett had that on his when he had the mask on so who knows who it'll be. Man, that's what killing me most.. who is this new bad guy?!

Man, I'm excited for Episode III!

plo koon 200
09-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Burtt implied that Vader may not speak at all. That scares me. But McCallum said Vader had a line. He said three words. I'm now lost and confused.

TheDarthVader
09-19-2003, 02:55 PM
What!! Three measely words...you're kidding, right? That sucks! Surely Vader would have more than one line! :(

derek
09-19-2003, 03:05 PM
The new bad guy will have some kind of processing to his voice.

sounds like that "general grevious" rumor may not be just a "fan boys" dream. :crazed:

Pendo
09-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Vader will say more than 3 words, Rick McCallum said he'd give us 3 words of Vader's dialogue, but there will be more to it. Well I hope so anyway cause if Vader's only words are "I don't fear..." it would be pretty pooey :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

RooJay
09-23-2003, 03:50 AM
Vader will say more than 3 words, Rick McCallum said he'd give us 3 words of Vader's dialogue, but there will be more to it. Well I hope so anyway cause if Vader's only words are "I don't fear..." it would be pretty pooey :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

Unless, of course, Rick referrs to Vader stricly as the character in the full outfit - helmet and all, and what we get is a response to dialogue from Vader/Anakin just after he has donned the helmet for the first time at the end of the film. That might be kind of cool.

JEDIpartner
09-23-2003, 09:33 AM
"They will pay..."
"Revenge is mine..."
"As you wish..."
"Ouch! That hurts..."
"I'm so hungry..."
"Where's my hair...?!!!"
"I gotta pee..."
"What the f---...?"
"Yippee! Wizard! Gonzo!"

The choices are endless!! :crazed:

Toad
09-23-2003, 12:07 PM
I like it. 3 words "I don't fear" could be very cool.

I've felt, or at least wanted, all along to have Vader show up at the very end of the movie, in such a way that we don't know (well, WE'LL know) he is Anakin. Maybe it won't happen like that, but as long as he shows up at the end, I'll be happy.

As cool as it would be, I have no interest in seeming THE Darth Vader for more than 5 minutes of Ep.III.

TheDarthVader
09-23-2003, 08:42 PM
No, not for me. 5 minutes and 3 words would not suffice. I hope we see more of Vader and why he is one of the most feared men in the whole galaxy. We need to see how powerful he has become, we need to see him defeat jedi masters, and we need to see just how "deadly" he has become with the dark side of the force (I know he choked some officers in EpIV but I want to see more NEW uses of the dark side!). I want to see his lightsaber skills. Surely he posses more lightsaber skills in EpIII than say EpIV or EpVI. I think we should see him duel in EpIII. I agree that we should not see him more than about 20 or 15 minutes in the whole movie.

Pendo
09-24-2003, 11:23 AM
I don't care what we see Vader do, as long as we don't see that he is Anakin :mad:!!!

PENDO!

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-24-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't care what we see Vader do, as long as we don't see that he is Anakin :mad:!!!

PENDO!

I think that it will more or less imply that Vader is Anakin. I mean, I don't think it'd show Hayden putting on the mask. Although if that happened, it'd still be cool. Hell, I just want to see Vader in Episode III. I would personally love to see him fight. It'd be truly awesome to see him in action in his prime. Fighting as fast as Count Dooku in Episode III.

Pendo
09-24-2003, 12:45 PM
I think that it will more or less imply that Vader is Anakin. I mean, I don't think it'd show Hayden putting on the mask. Although if that happened, it'd still be cool. Hell, I just want to see Vader in Episode III. I would personally love to see him fight. It'd be truly awesome to see him in action in his prime. Fighting as fast as Count Dooku in Episode III.
Well 'implying' that Ani is Vader would be OK with me, as long as it's not too obvious and new audiences won't realise until Episode V and will say "Oh yeah! I should have realised from Episode III" :rolleyes:.

I would hate to seeing Hayden putting on the mask, I think seeing Hayden's face behind Darth Vader will take away from Vader's evilness.

Seeing Vader fight would be great, but I won't be disapointed if it doesn't happen :).

PENDO!