PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy

greengoblin3825
09-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I got Jedi Academy and let me tell everyone it is awesome. Without spoiling anything for anyone the locales you go to are unbelievable. Places that I've personally wanted to see for a long time. One of the characters you fight will blow your socks off. Also one spoilerific item I pretty sure your X-wing that you fly in game is a XJ-5 droidless x-wing.

mrmiller
09-19-2003, 11:20 AM
This game looks sweek. I wish I had a PC powerfull enough to run it. I was thinking about upgrading just for this and Halo on PC. But it looks like I'll stick to my Xbox. Is there any news that Jedi Acadamy is comming to Xbox? I heard a rumor of it before, but no confermation.

=MATT=

Anakin2121
09-19-2003, 04:46 PM
It is in fact coming for Xbox.
I bought the game Wednesday and beat it last night. It's not that it's necessarily a short game; in fact, it was simply so much fun that I couldn't bring myself to ever stop playing. :)

And the ship your character flies is actually a Z-95 Headhunter, the predecessor to the X-wing. :)

Dismemberment is still present in this game, if you can get the coding right.

derek
09-25-2003, 07:52 PM
do you get a lightsaber from the beginning? i hope you don't have to go thru half the game training. :confused:

Hellboy
09-25-2003, 08:26 PM
C'mon derek what fun would having a lightsaber from the beginning be? :rolleyes: It is called Jedi Academy. ;)

I think after having to drudge through half of the last Jedi Outcast game without a lightsaber earned us all the right to play with one from the beginning in this sequel. I do however like the way KOTOR made you wait until you became a Jedi and could construct your own saber though so if it was done along those lines I'd be O.K. with it.

greengoblin3825
09-25-2003, 09:49 PM
C'mon derek what fun would having a lightsaber from the beginning be? :rolleyes: It is called Jedi Academy. ;)

I think after having to drudge through half of the last Jedi Outcast game without a lightsaber earned us all the right to play with one from the beginning in this sequel. I do however like the way KOTOR made you wait until you became a Jedi and could construct your own saber though so if it was done along those lines I'd be O.K. with it.

you do get a lightsaber at the beginning I won't spoil the story but it fits in nicely

billfremore
09-26-2003, 08:11 AM
This game is equally as awesome as Jedi Outcast but with so much more fun stuff thrown in.

Every level is differently challenging and cool, and one of the nice touches is is that you can't block every shot with your lightsaber immediately. It takes you time to get better at it.

If you don't own this game, go get it!

Hellboy
09-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah I'm kinda strapped for cash right now but I might have to go trade in a couple of old titles this weekend rather than wait until I can afford it. I'm really looking forward to playing it and since you guys are giving it high praise I'm probably going to break down and get it.

Vortex
10-01-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm near the end...and I wish the save file was a little differnt. When the time came to upgrade sabers, I took the "maul" double style, after looking back on it and seeing other fighting styles, I wish I would have taken the dual sabers.

I also just past the point when you make the dark side vs. light side choice. I went light this time around, but I cringe when I think about having to redo some levels again to try my hand and see the ending for the dark side.

Its a cool game and I'm still trying to get the dismemberment option to work. The codes are the same/similar to outcast but I can't lop off heads or cut people in two. About the most I can do is lop off arms and hands from time to time.

Definite must have, but I wish they would have given us new weapons.

Boba Rhett
10-01-2003, 04:22 PM
The story is terrible much like JO's and I feel gipped having payed 50 for something that feels so much like an expansion pack. I could have gotten it for free but I'm impatient. :D

To get dismemberment working, make a shortcut to the JASP.exe on your desktop and add the following to your target line:

"+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2"

Without the quotes, of course.

Vortex
10-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Hmm...I'll give that a shot tonight.

derek
10-01-2003, 08:38 PM
I feel gipped having payed 50 for something that feels so much like an expansion pack.

that's been my sticking point at buying this game. i really thought i would be priced at about $30 at it's release. i want this game, but think i'll wait for the price drop. :)

Boba Rhett
10-01-2003, 09:00 PM
That's a good plan. You can read my review after the real mixnmojo.com site is back. :D

billfremore
10-14-2003, 09:35 PM
All finished, one ending anyways...

Having 2 sabers is better than having the double bladed one BTW

Hellboy
10-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Well I decided to wait till November for the X-Box version even though I was very tempted to get it now.

Just curious for those of you who have finished it:

Is it worth owning or maybe just a renter?

Do you plan on playing through a second time or was once satisfying enough and you're ready to move on?

billfremore
10-16-2003, 05:08 PM
I would definately play this again, so many combinations of things to try yet.

Even though I'm finished, It'll be a while before I play again...

MAX PAYNE 2

Nuff' said

Anakin2121
10-17-2003, 10:22 AM
MAX PAYNE 2 ... Nuff' said

Good man. Good MAN! :D

billfremore
10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Can anybody help me?
I'm trying to actually do some moves with the lightsaber but I'm not sure how
(yes I admit it, I'm a button masher) :stupid:

Any helpful souls out there?

Anakin2121
10-17-2003, 11:50 AM
The game basically is button-mashing. ;)

Seriously though, press TAB or M ingame and it will pop up the little datapad menu thingy. There should be an option near the bottom called "Moves". Click it and you'll be taken to a screen where it shows every move for every stance, what it looks like, and how to pull it off. :)

Vortex
10-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm going through it a second time to take the dual sabers and go the dark rout, its just not the same playing a second time through so quickly after solving it.

Some of the training stages are just worthless and not very fun, not to mention I'm still super hung up on Tron 2.0. Solved Tron once, but I was missing a mess of builder points so I'm doing more with Tron and only putzing now and again with JA. I'm also logging loads of playing time on NHL 2004. Best one so far for the PC.

gsr-jedi
10-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Any of you guys running this game on a GeForce 5200? I just got a new computer and that's the video card in it, and I really want to play this game, and I was just wondering if it would even run.

Anakin2121
10-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Any of you guys running this game on a GeForce 5200? I just got a new computer and that's the video card in it, and I really want to play this game, and I was just wondering if it would even run.

It'll run. You could probably play this game on a GeForce 2! Just make sure you turn "dynamic glow" off.

Now, I'm not sure if you could handle Max Payne 2, though... ;) http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1851189&object_id=482121&channel_id=59&page_title=Max+Payne+2%3A+The+Fall+of+Max+Payne&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dpchub%26pagetype%3 Dmediaimgthin&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpc.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F482 %2F482121.html

Imperial_Outpost
10-18-2003, 12:22 PM
I've only played the demo version, but it looks absolutely fantastic!

gsr-jedi
10-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Now, I'm not sure if you could handle Max Payne 2, though... ;) http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1851189&object_id=482121&channel_id=59&page_title=Max+Payne+2%3A+The+Fall+of+Max+Payne&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dpchub%26pagetype%3 Dmediaimgthin&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpc.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F482 %2F482121.html

I just got the computer on Thursday from Dell, and the only options for a video card were GeForce 4 or GeForce FX 5200, which I chose, I'll be upgrading it definitely for next year with Half-Life 2 & Doom 3.

billfremore
10-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Well I think I've set a new record for myself.

Loaded Max Payne 2 on the computer last Friday,
played a total of 9 hours over 3 days,
finished the game Sunday night.

Or is it really that short and easy?

derek
10-20-2003, 05:06 PM
I just got the computer on Thursday from Dell, and the only options for a video card were GeForce 4 or GeForce FX 5200, which I chose, I'll be upgrading it definitely for next year with Half-Life 2 & Doom 3.

i have a GeForce 4 ti 4200 and it ran jedi academy just fine and looked great.

so how did the game end if you choose the "light side"? i choose the "dark side" and found the ending really lame. it just had my character standing on the bridge of a star destroyer(darth vader style) after easily beating kyle katan.

i guess in jedi academy 2 we'll have the choice of choosing light or dark side right from the start so we can pick up where we left off?

Anakin2121
10-20-2003, 06:31 PM
\Loaded Max Payne 2 on the computer last Friday,
played a total of 9 hours over 3 days,
finished the game Sunday night.

Or is it really that short and easy?

No, not really. It's just very, very engrossing. :happy:

Besides, I'd rather have a short, yet fun and intense game like the Max Payne series, with 10 hours of SOLID gameplay, than a game like Unreal, which lasts for 40 hours, none of which are actually fun.

For games in general it's very much quality > quantity as far as gameplay hours goes.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Lovin' this game!!

:kiss:

billfremore
10-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Well I've completed the game going the lightside route this time.
I think both endings are very weak.

I miss the live action cutscenes from the original Jedi Knight.

Anakin2121
10-28-2003, 02:24 PM
I think both endings are very weak.

I miss the live action cutscenes from the original Jedi Knight.

Same here.

billfremore
10-28-2003, 04:32 PM
I really wish Lucasarts would do another version of this game with it being purely darkside motivated a la TIE fighter