PDA

View Full Version : Elite Force 3 3/4" military figures at TRU.

Phantom-like Menace
09-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Excellent! With distribution on Star Wars figures being so horribly poor, I haven't been into a toy store in a couple of months (no sense in intentially upsetting myself), but having heard others claim they've seen new figures, I decided to head into Toys R Us. No new Star Wars, but I did see, Elite Force 12' and 3 3/4" figures. The 3 3/4" figures included the newer figures and the original Army and Navy figures, and I've now seen the 1:18 scale Blackhawk helicopter in person. My bank account can't take Elite Force figures and Star Wars figures at online prices at the same time, so I guess I will be further curtailing my Star Wars purchasing.

RooJay
09-19-2003, 01:39 AM
Isn't that Blackhawk just freakin' awesome? I can't wait until I can afford it!

Phantom-like Menace
09-19-2003, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry you're in the same position as I am; I'm lacking a bit where money is concerned. I'll only be able to get a couple of the figures and maybe a pack of weapons when I get paid next week. That helicopter is wildly awesome! It's one of those toys I never thought anyone would make, but I was quite happily proven wrong.

stillakid
09-19-2003, 03:54 PM
I couldn't resist getting the smaller helicopter. I plan to have it piloted soon by a bunch of Clone Troopers.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009LZOE/qid=1064001041/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/002-6152528-6176847?v=glance

derek
09-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Isn't that Blackhawk just freakin' awesome? I can't wait until I can afford it!

yes sir, it is very cool. but a little overpriced in my opinion. isn't it about $70? it should be about $50, i think. i don't buy the small figures, but will probably get the black hawk.

if any of you guys are considering buying those elite force 12 inch figures at TRU, don't, they are junk. the company that makes "elite force" is blue box toys and they have a super high quality line of 12 inch figures that are sold online and in smaller specilaity and hobby stores. they are super cool and have just about got me off star wars stuff......... :zzz:

Phantom-like Menace
09-19-2003, 08:45 PM
The 12" figures did look a little cheap. I've purchased several Dragon 12" figures, but I haven't actually purchased Elite Force 12", so I figured they just didn't look as good in person. Thanks for the warning. Are their guns at least metal like Elite Force guns? Also, are the weapons in the accessory packs metal?

Darn, I would have been happy to know I had a local source for Elite Force 12".

LTBasker
09-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Those are cool, I just got done lookin through the 3 3/4" figs on Amazon. I may have to pick some of these up and make a Counter Strike diorama. :D Would need some heavy customizing for a terrorist team though, at least their helmets are removeable. That helps. :)

Anybody have a full list of the 3 3/4" figures??

derek
09-20-2003, 09:11 AM
Anybody have a full list of the 3 3/4" figures??

blue box has got the entire line pictured on their site, along with their hi quality 12 inch line. funny how they don't have their crappy 12 inch line from TRU on there! :crazed:

http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi/F_bbi.html

derek
09-20-2003, 09:20 AM
The 12" figures did look a little cheap. I've purchased several Dragon 12" figures, but I haven't actually purchased Elite Force 12", so I figured they just didn't look as good in person. Thanks for the warning. Are their guns at least metal like Elite Force guns? Also, are the weapons in the accessory packs metal?

Darn, I would have been happy to know I had a local source for Elite Force 12".

i can't comment on the guns being metal or plastic. i've looked them over and actually wouldn't mind getting the weapons packs. it's the actual figures i have a problem with. BBI used a cheaper version of their first generation body and on some of the figures, even a worse version of that body is used. the clothing is very cheap and the heads don't have the quality BBI paintjobs i'm used to.

this 12 inch line in TRU is for children i guess. :confused: but high end collectors will be very disapointed with the stuff, especially if you own dragon stuff.

i'm more than happy to pay $35 for quality bbi or dragon figures as opposed to $15-$20 for crap. ;) (hear that hasbro?) :p

RooJay
09-20-2003, 10:43 PM
My brother, a serious 1/6th scale collector, has bought a couple of the lower end Elite Force TRU figures. While it's true that they are not quite as nice as the regular Elite Force figures found in specialty shops, they are still made with the same level of quality and yes - the weapons and helmets are all die cast metal.

Turbowars
09-22-2003, 08:40 PM
So how much is that Black Hawk? I have looked at it everytime I go to TRU with the same thing in my head, "DAMN, I WISH HAD THIS AS A KID!!!" It really is cool. I thought of buying it, but talk myself out of it ever time. I wish it was displayed hanging so I can see it put together. How about if I buy it put it together and return it? J/K.

RooJay
09-22-2003, 09:06 PM
So how much is that Black Hawk? I have looked at it everytime I go to TRU with the same thing in my head, "DAMN, I WISH HAD THIS AS A KID!!!" It really is cool. I thought of buying it, but talk myself out of it ever time. I wish it was displayed hanging so I can see it put together. How about if I buy it put it together and return it? J/K.

$59.99 at TRU - and I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to them, or at least it will be for a wile.

Turbowars
09-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh, I guess I'll pass on this one.:cry:

Jedi Master Silas
09-23-2003, 10:02 PM
We picked up several of the figures, the desert colored humvee and the smaller helicopter. I love the realistic look. Its much better then the cheesy GI Joe items as of late. The only thing I dont like about the line so far is that some of the pieces are very fragile and tend to break very easy. Oh we also bought the little desert buggy also although i cant remember what its called. I;m passing on the blackhawk until Christmas. Hopefully they will be on clearance by then.

Phantom-like Menace
09-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Wow, I went to TRU to pick up a couple of the figures, and they had sold out of all but three types of the Army desert figures, and they didn't have many types of SEAL figures left either. Fully half the large number of figures had been sold. Of the three types of Army figures left, I grabbed the Assault Commander, and I grabbed a pack of guns, because my brother and I are MP-5 submachine gun crazy.

I agree with you about how fragile the figures are. One side effect of being 3 3/4" tall and 1:18 scale, your weapons don't hold up very well when made of plastic, and your helmets can warp slightly because the plastic is thin. However, since I just stick them on a convenient horizontal surface in my room and don't play with them except to give them a new pose, it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm rather happy with him. The detail is awesome, and the realism is totally welcome. I look forward to getting some more, especially the Marines, who look awesome.

Phantom-like Menace
12-22-2003, 07:28 AM
An update on these figures: I've now seen a 1:18 Apache helicopter on the shelves, and they also had a 1:18 M1A1 Abrams and Light Attack Vehicle. These toys are seriously sweet!

Phantom-like Menace
08-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Does anyone know of any sites dedicated to these toys? I know blueboxtoys.com has some information about them, since they're the people who put them out, but their information is sparse, and I don't even think there are pictures of each toy. I'd try to set one up myself, but I have no way to take pictures and put them on the Internet, and I can't afford to buy all the toys.

I finally got the Black Hawk, and I think anyone with any interest in this toy should get it, because it doesn't seem to disappoint. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be able to get the F-18 that is coming out, since it seems to be sold for roughly $100.

OC47150
09-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I picked up a couple of these figures (SWAT) loose for a buck each back in the spring. I used the head off one of them to make a generic Bespin guard.

I like the articulation.

Phantom-like Menace
08-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Well, to continue the trend of digging up older threads, I actually have a question to anyone who may know about this line, which is still eking by at TRU, mostly in WWII form.

What happened to the Royal Marines and British Army figures? I've been dying to get these since I saw them on the web. Did the other figures sell terribly and the Brits got axed? I don't really like the WWII figures, though I'd love to get a Corsair if I happen to have the money someday (watched too much Blacksheep Squadron).

I still like these figures and the vehicles. The only non-Marvel, non-Star Wars figures and/or vehicles I'm displaying in my apartment right now are my BBI figures posed in front of the Black Hawk (still happy I made that purchase) and my G1 (TRU rerelease) Optimus Prime.

Does anyone have any idea? Has anyone heard anything?

OC47150
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I see the WWII figures (paras with parachutes mostly) and modern soldiers/Marines/SEALs at TRU mostly.

21st Century Toys has a line of figures that are available at Wal-Mart. The figures themselves lack articulation; they're mostly for display. But there is a wide variety, American, German and Japanese. No Brits as of yet.

I picked up a couple of the German figures out of curiosity.

Phantom-like Menace
08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I do see some of the older figures hanging out on the pegs. The newest ones (other than WWII) I've seen were the ones with slightly more exotic weapons. I jumped immediately on the one that came with the OICW, and I grabbed the sniper. I was extremely happy to get a 1/18 OICW, and when Maurader Gunrunners put out their P-90s, my top two 1/18 weapon desires were fulfilled.

If I just had money to blow, I would likely also get the P-51 Mustang too. Of course, I still want to go back and get the Apache. That's a goal.

OC47150
08-29-2006, 07:08 AM
I'd like to get some of the aircraft but they're too expensive. Great detail, though.

pbarnard
08-29-2006, 02:18 PM
I practically switched over all my GI Joe figures to using bbi weapons and accessories.

The hardest thing to do though is to convert theses figure parts to be used with Hasbro's to make custom figures.

I have seen the smaller Die cast medeval line finally in Targe the other day. Have seen that on the bbi website for a coupl years now. Seems to have replaced their lower end Combat Command line.

Phantom-like Menace
08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I always forget Target has a line of these BBI figures. I've hardly been into a Target in the last four years until recently. I keep meaning to check them out more closely, but I'm always so locked in an incredible tunnel vision looking for new Marvel Legends and Star Wars that I forget. Yeah, I know they're not as nice as the TRU figures, but the weapons are always cool.

Phantom-like Menace
08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Target has been getting in the higher end Elite Force 1:18 scale stuff recently. I went in to see if I could find the Star Wars EU comic packs and realized they had the good Elite Force stuff. Not only that, Target has the Blackhawk and Apache for only thirty bucks.

So I finally have my Apache, and I'm jonesing to get an M1 Abrams or two. Unfortunately I just moved and my Black Hawk is packed away in a box, so the Apache is all by itself for now.

OC47150
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
KB Toys and Big Lots carries the Power Team series, which has some cool accessories: barrels, ammo crates, etc...

I saw a Power Team horse and camel (separately, of course) and thought it has the makings of a cool modern military diorama.

Blue2th
08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I saw those Helecopters at Target the other day. Though I'm mostly a WWII collector, I wouldn't mind having them. I also saw that eight wheeled vehicle that the Army is using as a personel carrier to replace the Hummer. I forget what it's called, but the soldiers really like them, as they are almost indestructable around IED's.
BBI makes
the only 1:18 version of this vehicle I've ever seen.