PDA

View Full Version : Tarkin Pics

BFett88
09-19-2003, 12:35 AM
Here are some new pics of Tarkin. They look great!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the first - http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/Tarkin_spy.jpg

Here is the second - http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/Tarkin_spy_nicecatch.jpg

Here is a comparison - http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/tarkin_compare.jpg

2-1B
09-19-2003, 01:36 AM
So that's the mask, eh ? Looks convincing enough.

Beast
09-19-2003, 01:45 AM
Yeah, not bad at all. I still say that James Marsters from Buffy would have been better. No need for heavy prostetics there. Just a bit of make-up and hair dye. It's cool that they were able to use Peter Cushing's life mask for to make him look so realistic though. But I have to wonder what Christopher Lee thinks, seeing his old friend again like this. Has to be a bit unsettling. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
09-19-2003, 02:30 AM
If I were Christopher Lee I'd probably be freaked out . . . partly because I'd be afraid that they would do that for a Gremlins prequel.

Pendo
09-19-2003, 03:30 AM
Being spoiler free I hadn't heard the rumors about Tarkin but that looks AMAZING! :D

PENDO!

[DSS]Pedr0
09-19-2003, 07:25 AM
For some strange reason...the second pic doesnt look like the first one...

Battle Droid
09-19-2003, 07:39 AM
WOW, Cushing back from the dead.

evenflow
09-19-2003, 08:39 AM
They look damn good to me. Very cool.

JEDIpartner
09-19-2003, 10:24 AM
I saw those on TF.N :Pirate: this morning and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn... did that creep me out something wicked! I can't wait to see him on screen- even if he's just in a few shots.

plo koon 200
09-19-2003, 10:29 AM
He even looks a bit old. The legend lives.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Permission to freak out!!! Permission to freak out!! (assumes he gets permission)

holy monkey crap on a cracker!! That is un-freakin'-canny!! My lord....woah..just woah. I can't believe that...i speecheless...i am without speech.....that just looks amazing. K, that's it, i'm staying out of the spoiler forums! done! gone! heheehehhee see you all in 2005! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2003, 11:14 AM
The first one's mouth is too wide, but the other one is good. That's so weird how they got it to match him so closely. :eek:

Pendo
09-19-2003, 12:22 PM
The pics now appear to be down, so I'll take that as confirmation from LucasFilm that they were genuine :p. I didn't save them to my computer before though so can someone please repost them?

PENDO!

[DSS]Pedr0
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
The pics now appear to be down, so I'll take that as confirmation from LucasFilm that they were genuine :p. I didn't save them to my computer before though so can someone please repost them?

PENDO!I HOPE THIS WORKED.....

OC47150
09-19-2003, 12:42 PM
For a mask, it's very realistic. I thought I recognized his foul stench!

TheDarthVader
09-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Thanks for re-posting that picture. I did not read this thread in time to see the pics on theforce.net. He looks CREEPY. EpIII is going to rock!

Pendo
09-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanx for reposting the pic [DSS]Pedr0.

I hope Tarkin and Obi-Wan have some sort of tense discussion scene together, I think it would give more meaning to Tarkin's "Obi-Wan Kenobi? Surely he must be dead by now" line :D.

PENDO!

Pendo
09-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Does anyone know who the actor is who'll be wearing the mask? I just hope he has the voice to go with the face too :).

PENDO!

Jargo
09-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Who knows. I reckon they'll do something clever for the voice and patch together a load of hismovie dialogue from old movies and have a computer analyse it and then generate his voice via a synthesiser or something all techie like that. If it's just an extra wearing the mask then there won't be dialogue. if he is to talk they could CGI his mouth in post production. Come to think of it, they could have just digitised his face using the death/life mask and made a CGI mask to go over an actors face. They know how the guy moved and had his eyes all shifty with fast darting movements so basically, if they can create digital humans and wotnot the mask should be a doddle.
Unless it is of course just a nodding gesture to the OT by having a guy who looks like Tarkin standing around in the background near Anakin, or judging by the collar, Bail Organa...

OC47150
09-19-2003, 04:11 PM
You gotta wonder, since an actor wasn't cast for the role (and there are several who resemble a young Peter Cushing) if Tarkin will only be seen in a group shot in a conference room, on the bridge of a Republic ship, or something like that with very few lines, if any.

RooJay
09-23-2003, 02:40 AM
You gotta wonder, since an actor wasn't cast for the role (and there are several who resemble a young Peter Cushing) if Tarkin will only be seen in a group shot in a conference room, on the bridge of a Republic ship, or something like that with very few lines, if any.

If that abomination turns out to be the real thing, I wouldn't really expect much more than a non-speaking cameo from it. My guess is that it'd only pop up as more-or-less set dressing - just a face in the crowd for the die-hard fans to geek out over, and he probably won't even be mentioned by name on screen.

I can't shake the feeling that Cristopher Lee might conceivably be a bit offended by this. I know that if someone had sculpted one of my oldest, dearest, long-departed friend's face over some bit-player as nothing more than a nod and wink to the fanboys...I think I might be tempted to protest.

Hellboy
09-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Cool and creepy at the same time, the resemblance is truly shocking.

I don't think anybody should be offended by this character's look. To not do everything within your power to insure this younger version of Tarkin looks like Peter Cushing wouldn't be honoring his memory or what he brought to the role. Cushing owned that role and the effort spent trying to show Tarkin at an earlier stage of his career is a testament to how important the actor and the character was to the SW saga.

jedi master sal
10-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Here he is in all of his grandeur!

The first pics of Tarkin in EPIII

Mind you these are more publicity or lighting shots and not on set but this is how he will appear!

Beast
10-02-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm afraid you're a little late. We've had these pictures for ages. Well, we did until they were originally pulled down. But the second one you attached, is in the following thread. May want to have someone merge these. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21253

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
10-02-2003, 05:22 PM
Well, no big deal. I didn't see a thread on this so I posted it. Maybe others didn't see this the first time around as well.

I was on vacation when that thread was put up so I was out of the loop then and am still trying to catch up.

Beast
10-02-2003, 05:27 PM
No problems. I have to agree that he'll not be a major focus of the scenes he appears in. Or they would have went with an actor that looks like Peter Cushing, instead of using a mask made from Cushings Life Mask. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-03-2003, 04:36 AM
I don't really care how large his role is just as long as he isn't just some stooge in the background that no one acknowledges! I still hope he and Obi have a scene together though :).

PENDO!