PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett first meets Jabba; duels with Durge (background on Durge); NEW BOOK!!!

Tycho
09-19-2003, 02:58 AM
Man was this one awesome!

Boba Fett's reputation begins to be forged!

Durge makes his first (in the timeline) appearance in the galaxy and he hates Mandalorians and vows to kill the last of them when he learns of Boba Fett!

Durge was terribly wounded by Mandalorians 2000 years ago, when he was even then a terrible bounty hunter, and the Mandalorians were something else (???)

4,000 years ago the Mandalorians were comprised of possibly various species who were all enslaved by the Sith Lord Ulic Qel Droma to whom they owed their lives and allegiance.

Ulic and his master Exar Kun were defeated, but the Sith knowledge and temptations for power had spread throughout the galaxy.

2000 years later, war that would erupt for 1000 years would begin with new armies of Dark Siders versus huge forces or Jedi. The tale of how it started or who caused it has never been told. No one knows if the Mandalorians were involved, or if they still fought with the Sith.

Durge went down back in those days. 1,000 years later, Darth Bane arose from the ashes of the end of that war at the Battle of Ruusan, but Durge remained in some kind of suspended animation, while he fully recovered his wounds from his battle with the Mandalorians. The Republic was proclaimed again, but Bane would start a line of Masters and Apprentices that would find Cos Palpatine hosting it, 1,000 more years later.

About 40 years ago, what remained of the Mandalorians, was a high priced rescue squad of honorable mercenaries led by Jaster Mureel of Concord Dawn.
When the Death Watch factioned off of this squad due to conflicts over what morality should govern these warriors for hire, and what jobs were just plain wrong to take, Jango Fett joined the Mandalorians as a child when his parents were killed on Concord Dawn. He became the apprentice of Jaster Mureel who was later murdered by the Death Watch, and still later avenged by Jango Fett.

20 years ago, the Death Watch, on the eve of their destruction, set the real Mandalorians up for the fall and framed them so in a mistake, the Jedi led by Count Dooku, would destroy them all. Only Jango Fett survived, and was taken away as a prisoner of war, where he subsequently became a slave until his escape.

10 years ago, on Kamino, Jango had a son: Boba Fett. But Jango was killed by the Jedi on Geonosis.

His son had not yet matured and become the galaxies greatest bounty hunter.

But Durge has returned and wants to claim that title - and he hates Mandalorians.

At age 12, Boba Fett must take him on!

Jabba the Hutt will hire the victor, and kill the loser!

[DSS]Pedr0
09-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Oh!!whats That???? And Wear Can I Pick Up The Other Fett Books And Jedi Books.....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Yeah, Tycho, what's this book called, yo?! :D

Tycho
09-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Go to a new books bookstore like B.Dalton, Barnes & Nobel, etc.

Go to the children's section for young teen readers. Young teen Star Wars books are better than adult SW books because they are not over-drawn out. (example, with some New Jedi Order adult books, you could read only the hardcovers and get the whole story skipping all the other books - though some of the paperbacks were the best ones.)

GET: BOBA FETT- "HUNTED" from the Young Readers section.

It's the 4th book in the series: Fight to Survive, Crossfire, and Maze of Deception.

Darth Tyranus, Aurra Sing, San Hill, and lots of Clone Troopers and even Clone kids appear in these books as main characters. And the Jedi Knight Siri Taichi is hunting Boba Fett with orders to take him alive to the Jedi Temple for interrogation by Mace Windu - the man Boba Fett wants to kill most!

Mandalorian History is chronicles first in Dark Horse Comics:

Dark Lords of the Sith
The Sith War

Then they seem to have been ignored since their Master Ulic Qel Droma was defeated by the Jedi, their ancient enemy.

They were still around for 3,000 more years, and had become sort of like "The A-Team" - except there was a full squadron of these Super-Commandos.

Their schism and internal civil war, and its end at the hands of the Jedi during the lifetime of Jango Fett is chronicles in Dark Horse Comics: "Jango Fett- Open Seasons."

Upon his death begins the rise of the Mandalorian CloneTroopers allied to the Republic, and one orphan caught between them and the Separatists, who seeks employment from Jabba the Hutt.

This new book sees the Trade Federation undercut Jabba the Hutt to secure smuggled weapons for the Separatists' droid armies through Mos Espa's underground without paying Jabba's prices. Boba Fett, though only a child, is given a cruel contract: stop the theft of the weapons and force the Trade Federation to do business with Jabba the Hutt, or die at the hands of Durge, Jabba's prime bounty hunter who has never found the Separatist's contact on Mos Espa. But Boba Fett has: the Niemoidian slave trader Gilramos Libkath!

It was Anakin Skywalker who wanted to free the slaves on Tatooine. Wouldn't it be ironic if a young Mandalorian achieved what the Jedi did not?

El Chuxter
09-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Man, if Durge gets offed, that's something I want to read! :D

Seriously thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware this book had already come out. The series has been excellent so far, and I don't think this one will disappoint.

[DSS]Pedr0
09-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Thanks Tycho, YOU DA MAN!!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Man was this one awesome!

Boba Fett's reputation begins to be forged!

10 years ago, on Kamino, Jango had a son: Boba Fett. But Jango was killed by the Jedi on Geonosis.

His son had not yet matured and become the galaxies greatest bounty hunter.

But Durge has returned and wants to claim that title - and he hates Mandalorians.

At age 12, Boba Fett must take him on!

Jabba the Hutt will hire the victor, and kill the loser!
I'm betting that Boba Fett will be killed! I think Durge is really Boba in ANH, ESB, and ROJ. Boba Fett becomes a B'Omarr Monk who sells landspeeders to moisture farmers. That's why Han gets him so easily on the skiff, because Durge doesn't hear his own real name. What do you think? ;) :p

Darth Jax
09-29-2003, 07:25 PM
i'd somewhat forgotten about these books, having picked up 1 & 2 when they first came out. with the thread to jog my memory picked up 3 & 4 today. will be nice to have a little more info. on durge.

Darth Jax
09-30-2003, 07:56 PM
sorry tycho can't really agree with ya that it was awesome. as with each of the previous 3 books it starts out great, however bisson seems to realize he's reached his page limit and hurriedly wraps the book up in a couple of paragraphs. also it seems that boba keeps needing to have the same lesson beat into his skull in each book - trust no one but yourself.

after reading it i find durge to be a bigger idiot and blot in the SW universe than previous encounters with him in the comics.

mastermatt24
10-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Ive boughten all those books- I started to read the druge one, i went through half of it in one night,(it was ok... :zzz: ) and I have to stand up for the new jedi order, those books are wonderful and a cool concept.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2003, 07:41 PM
sorry tycho can't really agree with ya that it was awesome. as with each of the previous 3 books it starts out great, however bisson seems to realize he's reached his page limit and hurriedly wraps the book up in a couple of paragraphs. also it seems that boba keeps needing to have the same lesson beat into his skull in each book - trust no one but yourself.

after reading it i find durge to be a bigger idiot and blot in the SW universe than previous encounters with him in the comics.
I agree wholeheartedly. Durge could change his name to D'oh-ge, with all the bumbling he did. Boba is unrealistic as a 10 year old, too. The first three books did a pretty good job of characterizing him, but not this one. Scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 5.

jedibear
01-07-2004, 08:21 PM
....it reeks of boardroom thinking. "Let's come up with a new villian that is a bit like a terminator-meets-anime-meets-samuri-meets-transformer! We'll have him spew lame one-liners (see the ongoing Republic comic for those) and make him just plain mean!" Sorry...but boring. It's always so easy to tell when something has been "added" by the license commitee and not really passed by Lucas. This character is paper-thin and boring.
Besides...it kinda looked like he might have been off'd by Kenobi in the CW cartoon...one can hope.

At least Asajj Ventress has a look consistant with the saga (see Art of EpOne) and has some mystery along with her motivation. We'll see...