PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Wish list...

Rollo Tomassi
11-27-2001, 10:21 AM
Dear Hasbro,

Here is what I would like to hear you have planned in the upcoming year.

The last of the Vintage Figures resculpted in the new line-up. This includes Wooof (originally Klaatu in palace outfit), General Crix Madine, Cloud Car Pilot, and Imperial Dignitary. And the other Ewoks if you have time. I know we've got some Ewoks coming, so good job.
Finish up the Max Rebo band two packs. The first set with Thunder Drummers Ak-Rev and Umpass-Stay( and a thunder drum, of course). The second with Rappertunie and Jess, the silvery-haired dancer.
Sith Infiltrator. Darth Maul's vehicle has been far too long coming...
Really well done Endor Luke and Leia. With removable Helmets and Ponchos.
More droids. CZ-1, R1-G4, Clear-Domed R3 droids, R2-A6, M-HYD Binary Droid, a Yellow/orange R5-A2, R-3PO, the "E-Chu-Ta" droid, LNK Mining Droid, A better treadwell droid ,etc...
My sectional Cantina playset idea. (heck, ALL of the sectional playset ideas would be nice.)
More Cantina Aliens. K'Tik Keed Kak, Myo, MiYoom Onith, Feltipern Trevagg, Dice Ibegon, Danik Jeriko, Djas Puhr, the Tonnika Sisters, but above all...Hem Dazon
Some deluxe high-end vehicle/playsets like a Sandcrawler, an Imperial Shuttle, and a Sail Barge.
More Imperials. Cheif Bast, Wulf Yularen, General Tagge, Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, Moff Jejerrod and General Veers (without armor).
More Rebels. General Dodonna, Capt. Colton Antilles, Red Leader Garvin Dreis, General Reikann, Torynn Farr, Bren Derlin, plus a general assortment of Rebel Techs (in grey coveralls) Yavin Rebel troops (in green coveralls) Echo base troops (in vintage tan and grey) and Endor Rebel troops (like Rock n Roll).
A really nice deluxe Jabba the Hutt with a dias, a hookah, and some accompanying figures like Jawa with palm frond and Leia in repose.
Some better playsets. Your playsets up until now have either been cheap cardboard fold togethers (Jabba's palace and the Cantina) or rinky dink (Death Star Rope Swing, Hoth perimeter, Endor Bunker) or just plain shoddy (Episode 1 and Carbon Freeze Chamber.) As a consumer, I'll be willing to fork over a few extra bucks for a really nice, faithful recreation of any of these film sets: Lars Homestead, Lars garage, Docking bay 94, Docking Bay 327, DB327 Control Room, Trash Compactor,Tractor Beam Control catwalk, "open the blastdoors!", Yavin Alliance command room, Echo base command room, Echo base medical, Wampa Lair, Star Destroyer bridge, Emperor's Throne Room, Home One command room, Sarlacc Pit, Imperial landing Platform, Cloud City dining room, Cloud City incinerator, and Cloud City central gaping abyss with giant break-apart window and narrow catwalk. make something we can be proud to display our figures on.
And finally...NO MORE EXCLUSIVES.

Thanks for listening Hasbro and have a merry Christmas and a great 2002....

bigbarada
11-27-2001, 10:31 AM
I agree with Rollo completely on all of his ideas. Add in stillakid's "bucket o' Stormtroopers" and we'd have a banner year for Star Wars fans.

What's that?

Oh, Artoo says the chances of Hasbro actually giving two craps about our wish lists so close to a movie release year are approximately 4,968,459,450,350,876,448,984,539,798 to 1.

:cry:

El Chuxter
11-27-2001, 11:42 AM
Never tell me the odds! :D

I'd also like Hasbro to bring back the Expanded Universe line. There is obviously interest in non-movie figures in Pawtucket, since we keep getting concept-art Jedi after concept-art Jedi. C'mon, guys! The Expanded Universe figures sold like hotcakes and were, for the time, among the nicest figures in the line. Imagine how nice they'd be now that there are photo references for three of the most requested characters (Corran Horn, Talon Karrde, and a Mara Jade resculpt). I can guarantee that they wouldn't be clogging pegs like Jedi Training Obi-Wan.

stillakid
11-27-2001, 11:45 AM
You know that the square root of 4,968,459,450,350,876,448,984,539,798 is 7,0487,299,922,403.585063999728937554. The precise number of Midichlorians that it takes to move an R2 unit one meter! I think I read that somewhere. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for Bucket O' nod. I'll concur with all the previous ideas. Less resculpts, more of the figures that we have never seen in plastic, and definitely more full sized ships and quality playsets. Enough of this Attack Sith Speeder and underwater Obi Wan crap. I'd also like to reiterate a nod for my sectional ball-like Death Star playset. I'm telling you, it's affordable and would sell like hotcakes!

Wolfwood319
11-27-2001, 01:48 PM
Is that how many midis R5-D4 was infected with as well, the number seems very similar?

I concur with the playset idea. I'd shell out more than $25 for a really nicely done playset.

My top 3 wants are:

1. ROTJ Deluxe Jabba w/ all the fixins'.

2. Imperial Shuttle

3. A FX scale X-wing WITHOUT the fx electronics and built in pilot.

All of Rollo's were good, but I'm a realist.

stillakid
11-27-2001, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Is that how many midis R5-D4 was infected with as well, the number seems very similar?

Yeah. If you get too many Midi's in your system, you blow your stack. :p

bigbarada
11-27-2001, 02:29 PM
So you're saying R5-D4 had more midichlorians than Anakin?:eek:

So R5 was really the chosen one!!! :eek: :eek:

Jargo
11-27-2001, 03:55 PM
Yeah, check out his bio at the official site. He's really special! :p

I'm sorry, but my xmas list consists of:
Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, Yarna D'al gargan, get the picture? :crazed: I so want the fat chick immortalised I'd even consider selling myself to white slavery for her.......

El Chuxter
11-27-2001, 04:37 PM
Um, Jargo, what are you gonna do with 57 Yarna d'al Gargans? :crazed:

Jargo
11-27-2001, 08:29 PM
WHY BUILD AN ARMY OF SIX BREASTED FAT DANCING CHICKS OF COURSE! :D

Why, what else is there to do with 57 Yarna D'al gargans?:stupid:

Dferguson
11-28-2001, 03:39 AM
heres what i would like Hasbro to make

12'' Nute Gunray and Rune Haako
Imperial Shuttle
more nute gunray and rune Haako figures!
It would be neat to have Darth Mauls ship the Infiltrator
and a 12'' Darth Sidious ( knew they should made a 12'' of him)

stillakid
11-28-2001, 02:48 PM
57 x 6 ? That's 342 breasts! That'll keep you busy for quite some time.:cool:

Jargo
11-28-2001, 06:49 PM
Strangely I hadn't thought of that but since you mention it..... NO! that's naughty and kinda too kinky to bear in mind. I'm erasing this thought from my mind...

Yes, xmas. I'd quite like a Lars family black and maroon speeder too. Then hasbro can reuse the mold to release the Mos Eisley counterpart in yellow and white. twice the money hasbro eh? Eh?

They know they want to make all this stuff really it's just Uncle George holding them back....... :D :stupid: :crazed: :p

GNT
11-29-2001, 03:40 AM
I'd like Hasbro to produce more Jdi Council members,Podracers and pilots,more different characters who have never seen the light of day before :)

Wolfwood319
11-29-2001, 05:44 AM
I'd also like some more obscure stuff, like a Lar's family farm playset, or something similar to mini-rigs only actual items that appear in the movie, like a moisture vaporator, or playset items for the pod race. Or something along the lines of the new Deluxe Luke w/ Bacta Tank. You get a figure and a nice sized accesory that actually appeared in the film. Like a Crix Madine and rebel holo table/briefing room thing with translucent DS2 that the black R2 came with.

I know how much Hasbro loves to just rehash old molds, but enough is enough. When was the last time we got a truly new vehicle or accessory that wasn't previously released in the vintage line. Or if they want to rehash stuff, why not rehash us a new Imperial Shuttle. Or reissue some of the harder to find POTF2 creatures or accessories, like the wampa.

As for E1 figs, how about a pod racer 2-pack similar to the Max Rebo band pairs. Comes with 2 figures and maybe a medium sized accessory that when put all together (after getting all the 2-packs of course) makes a nice little pod race arena.

I think with E2 around the corner, it would be nice on Habro's part to give us collectors, who by the way are the sole consumers of POTJ, a break and start coming out with some new and original items. If they come out with it, we'll buy it.

Or if they want to remain cheap, at least mass produce us some army builders. Stillakid's "Bucket of Stormtroopers" is a great idea. You know those would sell too.

I think Hasbro's big fear as that large items will have to be retailed too high. Look at the POTJ vehicles at $30 a pop. But I think that if Hasbro really and trully puts effort into some new large scale items, instead of just rehashing old molds, the collectors will buy them.

Its great that we're getting all the cool new figures, but I'd like more than just standard figures at this point.

I say that if Hasbro doesn't start listening to us, the collector (who are the only market that actually buys Star Wars, then we just stop buying new SW stuff, let Hasbro take the profit loss, and just stick with collecting vintage.

good shot jansen
11-30-2001, 04:48 PM
so pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaazzzzz bring back micro machines!

pretty please!:)

viva micro machines!

bigbarada
12-22-2001, 11:20 AM
Here's my list of items that would make me forget all about Ep2:

o 12" Marmit Biker Scout

o 12" scale AT-ST with Chewie and two ewoks (this thing would be like 5 feet tall!)

o Re-released Imperial Shuttle with pilots (each one with a different face sculpt)

o Resculpted Removable Helmet Darth Vader with double cloth capes, two piece helmet, gobs (GOBS I tell you!) of articulation and a lightsaber with a removable blade.

o Imperial Dignitaries! Both of 'em!

Darth Evil
12-23-2001, 02:57 PM
Corran Horn-Corsec
Corran Horn-Rogue Squadron
Corran Horn-Jedi Knight
Whistler
Imperial Shuttle
Sith Infiltrator
All I need is Corran (Jedi Knight, most of all) but all these things would be nice, if unlikely :( .

GNT
12-23-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
o Resculpted Removable Helmet Darth Vader with double cloth capes, two piece helmet, gobs (GOBS I tell you!) of articulation and a lightsaber with a removable blade.

o Imperial Dignitaries! Both of 'em!

Agreed,Agreed!But do you think they;ll be out before Christmas since this is the My Christmas Wish list... thread? :p

bigbarada
12-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Maybe next Christmas. :rolleyes:

stillakid
12-24-2001, 11:47 AM
My wish for the New Year is better and more even distribution.

GNT
12-25-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Maybe next Christmas. :rolleyes:

Or the one after that perhaps? :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
12-26-2001, 02:05 AM
If you carefully reread my original post, you'll see it says "things I want ANNOUNCED in the COMING YEAR..." I don't think Hasbro could mass-produce all those things in less than seven days. Lets be realistic.

GNT
12-26-2001, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I don't think Hasbro could mass-produce all those things in less than seven days. Lets be realistic.

You never know,they could come out with piles of cheaply made Star Wars figures (no articulation,just one pose) that dont even look like who they are meant too and they would still sell,oh wait thats what they do now my mistake ;)

Rollo Tomassi
02-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Out of that entire list, we are getting Djas Puhr. (sigh):(

Jargo
02-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Ah Rollo ma boogee - you forgot R3-T7 a clear domed astro droid just like you asked for. Not a classic droid but easily converted. But still a clear domed astro droid to bring it to a grand total of - two..... two measly figures from your grand list. :( And still no sign of the gorgeous Yarna :cry: they hate me don't they.......?:rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
02-28-2002, 02:09 PM
Well, the year is not over yet.:(

Welcome back, how was Tibet?

Jargo
02-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Spending the last part of my time as self imposed hermit in the prettier regions of China, it struck me how it's funny how swiftly you can develop a strong affection for Panda bears.... and Bamboo is a great source of fat free nutrition......

But whilst in Tibet I discovered among other things that brisk morning walks up sheer cliff faces and freezing misty atmospheres do wonders for the complexion......

Being held for target practice by the Chinese militia was absolutely the highlight of my brief sojourn to the mountains and valleys of deepest Tibet. they showed nothing but the deepest respect as they shot at my heiny. the starvation diet they put me on has afforded me the opportunity to shed several pounds in weight......

I notice that not a lot has changed in my absense. Although brief, I would have thought that those with the mind for it would pause for thought and consider their ways........

There are lessons that need teaching hereabouts.....

Thank you for your kind words young Rollo. I feel you will go far in your journey. I have forseen it. others will not be so - fortunate. :evil:

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

There are lessons that need teaching hereabouts.....

Thank you for your kind words young Rollo. I feel you will go far in your journey. I have forseen it. others will not be so - fortunate. :evil:

WHOO HOO!

..uh..

I mean...too bad for them. Darn.

Stillakid, do you concede that the fan club four pack of Stormies is about as close as we're gonna get to your "bucket o'" idea?

Wolfwood's X-Wing is being realized.

K'tik Keed Kak might be coming out, also. (And kinda sorta my sectional Cantina playset idea, but in a wimpy toned down fashion...)

Rumors of the Imperial Shuttle as well.

So my Christmas Wish List (and others) is slowly st:Pirate:ting to come true...