PDA

View Full Version : 10123 Cloud City preview but…

Sweden
09-19-2003, 04:21 PM
…unfortunately there won’t be one today.

Well, I received my sample of the “10123 Cloud City” set today but when I opened it I discovered that the box had some nasty dents and scratches on it and guess if I were really ****** off as I save all the LEGO Star Wars set boxes in basically near mint condition.

Shape up LEGO Shop at Home because what I got paying full retail price for is a rip off.

Now I’ve got to return the set and get a replacement and that’ll take a couple of weeks…

Kindest regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

Capitan_Moroni
09-20-2003, 06:58 PM
How would one go about getting a "priview set" and what does it include? I've never heard of this before and it sounds cool.

Sweden
09-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Capitan_Moroni, this is a set that I’ve ordered from LEGO Shop at Home and that I’ve paid for myself and it’s “NOT” some sort of a so called preview set in it’s right meaning that were sent to me by The LEGO Group as I’m “NOT” associated with them at all and never will be.

Preview samples in it’s right meaning are really rare and hard to come by as they’re usually just sent out to for example magazines or websites like this one to promote an coming product and private persons rarely get hold of these as they aren’t meant to be available for the public.

What I mean and what is meant this time around with a so called “preview” of the “10123 Cloud City” set is that it’s a first look at the set without building it to tell fellow collector’s what to expect from it and that it’ll be followed up with a full review as soon as it’s built.

I hope that the above explains it all.

As my sample that I’ve ordered and paid for was sent to me in a “busted” up box and as I save all of the LEGO Star Wars line boxes in Near Mint condition I’ve got to return the one I got in order to get a new one with a Near Mint box so “NO” review for at least two weeks. Sigh.

Kindest regards,

Capitan_Moroni
09-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Capitan_Moroni, this is a set that I’ve ordered from LEGO Shop at Home and that I’ve paid for myself and it’s “NOT” some sort of a so called preview set in it’s right meaning that were sent to me by The LEGO Group as I’m “NOT” associated with them at all and never will be.

Preview samples in it’s right meaning are really rare and hard to come by as they’re usually just sent out to for example magazines or websites like this one to promote an coming product and private persons rarely get hold of these as they aren’t meant to be available for the public.

What I mean and what is meant this time around with a so called “preview” of the “10123 Cloud City” set is that it’s a first look at the set without building it to tell fellow collector’s what to expect from it and that it’ll be followed up with a full review as soon as it’s built.

I hope that the above explains it all.

As my sample that I’ve ordered and paid for was sent to me in a “busted” up box and as I save all of the LEGO Star Wars line boxes in Near Mint condition I’ve got to return the one I got in order to get a new one with a Near Mint box so “NO” review for at least two weeks. Sigh.

Kindest regards,

ok, thanks friend.