PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my Piazo Silver Fett

Jedi Teacher
09-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Just got my Fett today. Opened it and the bottom of the bubble had a large dent!!

I called Piazo, where they took my name and #. According to the guy I spoke with "they don't have a procedure for this yet" and are unsure how they'll handle this. I may have to send this Fett back and then they'll send me another. That's ok, as long as I get one in good condition.

Anybody else received their figures yet? How was the condition of your Fett?

Thanks!!

Turbowars
09-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Just got my Fett today. Opened it and the bottom of the bubble had a large dent!!

I called Piazo, where they took my name and #. According to the guy I spoke with "they don't have a procedure for this yet" and are unsure how they'll handle this. I may have to send this Fett back and then they'll send me another. That's ok, as long as I get one in good condition.

Anybody else received their figures yet? How was the condition of your Fett?

Thanks!!Thats one of the reasons I went to the Comic Con. Those monkeys in the shipping dept don't care if the bubble was falling off the card, they would probably still ship it. I did get lucky with the TF Vader but thats another story.

DarthChuckMc
09-19-2003, 07:22 PM
I got my 2 today. One was about C-9.5 save for a tiny crunch near the top corner of the card, but a StarCase fixed it right up....the second one however, has 2 creases in the bubble, that looks like it was crushed, and popped back out.
They were both packed VERY well, so it had to be that way when it was put in the bubble rap.
A friend of mine is an opener anyway (Mr. Sid ;)), so I don't think he'll mind anyway.
It would've been nice to get two MINT ones though. :frus:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2003, 07:44 PM
I got mine yesterday, very nice. I don't like the circular thing for the gun though.

TheDarthVader
09-19-2003, 08:13 PM
I ordered two in hope that one of them would have a mint card and bubble. I have not yet received my Fetts as of today. Maybe I will get them tomorrow or Monday. I will post again and let all of you know the condition of my fetts.

bobafrett
09-20-2003, 12:33 AM
I haven't bought mine through the online site, but instead got them through Wizard world. I did have a problem in not getting issue #70 of the insider, as I renewed my subscription 2 months ago. I called and had to Fax my statement showing that I had paid for the renewal.

Well, to get back on the subject, my silver Fett's are in excellant shape!

Jedi Teacher
09-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Those monkeys in the shipping dept don't care if the bubble was falling off the card, they would probably still ship it.

Dang! I thought monkeys were supposed to be pretty smart critters! They need Mojo (Homer's helper monkey).

Anway--thanks for the input everybody. I'll have to see how this gets "resolved" with piazo.

Hellboy
09-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Well I recieved mine the other day too and was less than impressed with the condition they arrived in. Neither figures were in acceptable condition IMO. One had a smashed bubble and the other had half the sticker w/ Boba's name ripped off. Since the missing piece of the sticker wasn't in the package and they were both bubble wrapped nicely with no damage to the shipping box I know these were sent out in this condition. Product that gets damaged in the shipping process is one thing but knowingly sending out damaged goods is another and IMO unacceptable, especially when you consider that we were forced to subscribe to the Insider Mag. to obtain these in the first place. I know some will argue that figures are meant to be opened and a damaged package doesn't equal damaged merchandise and normally I'd agree but this figure is geared more towards the carded collector and this should be taken into consideration by Paizo Pub. before sending out figures in beat up packages. Now I've spent $54 for 2 heavily damaged figures and a subsciption I don't even want. Sweet. :rolleyes:

Banthaholic
09-20-2003, 01:38 PM
... especially when you consider that we were forced to subscribe to the Insider Mag. to obtain these in the first place. ... Now I've spent $54 for 2 heavily damaged figures and a subsciption I don't even want. Sweet. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I'd hate to think they forced anyone to subscribe to the fan club to get one. There is always ebay for getting stuff.

I tend to think of it as a benefit to being a fan club member. I know a number of people signed up just for the figure, and that's good marketing on Paizo's part. Although there have been a few die hards that have been members for awhile.

I've read a few complaints on condition items arrive in, blame it on Hasbro, they're the one's trying to save a few bucks by placing items in cheaper plastic. Ording online is a bit of a risk, you can't personally see your item like you can in the stores. Every one has there own personal opinion of what mint is.

Hellboy
09-20-2003, 02:09 PM
[/QUOTE]
I'd hate to think they forced anyone to subscribe to the fan club to get one. There is always ebay for getting stuff.

[/QUOTE]

Well since you don't need to have a subsription to the Insider magazine to still be in the Fan Club I'd say they were rewarding the subscribers not the Fan Club members. I've been a Fan Club member for years and the only way I could benefit from this offer was to renew a subscription I have no interest in.

Dr Zoltar
09-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Got both of mine last Thursday. Both were in excellent condition (one had a minor tear near the peg hole). I thought the packaging was great -- bubble wrap around both figs that fit perfectly into the box.

TheDarthVader
09-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Finally received my Boba Fetts today! They were in great condition. They were both wrapped in big bubble wrap. One was in slightly better condition than the other, but there were no rips, tears, bad creases, or dings in the bubble. I guess I got lucky. ;)

plo koon 200
09-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Paizo has a policy on their website about shipping items in bad condition. It says that collectors look over the product and unless specified the items should be close to mint condition.

JEDIpartner
09-23-2003, 08:29 AM
I received two and gave one to Jedi Drew. As far as I could tell, both of ours were in great condition.

*shrug*

Tonysmo
09-24-2003, 03:57 AM
I finally received mine today - I guess I didnt get the same monkey that packed up bad ones, as mine looked to be in great condition.. I'd place a phone call.. Mary from pazio seems to be very helpful

Hellboy
09-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Well I finally got a response to my e-mail I sent to Paizo about my damaged Fett's and I'm pleased to inform those who are in similar situations that they will take the figures back. I was also very pleased that they said they would cut me a check for the shipping charges as well. I'm not sure if you'll need to contact them first as I did before sending them out but it might be a good idea.

Thanks Paizo. :) Now I can join the rest of the happy customers who have decided to e-mail a thankyou letter for carrying these and also for making sure their customers are satisfied with the condition of their figures.

Turbowars
09-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Well I finally got a response to my e-mail I sent to Paizo about my damaged Fett's and I'm pleased to inform those who are in similar situations that they will take the figures back. I was also very pleased that they said they would cut me a check for the shipping charges as well. I'm not sure if you'll need to contact them first as I did before sending them out but it might be a good idea.

Thanks Paizo. :) Now I can join the rest of the happy customers who have decided to e-mail a thankyou letter for carrying these and also for making sure their customers are satisfied with the condition of their figures. OK that's fine and dandy, but they should have been sent mint the 1st time. If they were smart, they should have sent them in star cases which cost less than a buck for wholesale and shipped out the Mint ones to those who cared. Then I would say thanks to you Paizo.

Jedi Teacher
09-25-2003, 08:12 PM

Thanks Paizo. :) Now I can join the rest of the happy customers who have decided to e-mail a thankyou letter for carrying these and also for making sure their customers are satisfied with the condition of their figures.

I'm jealous. I'm still waiting for a response from them. :frus:

Hellboy
09-25-2003, 08:47 PM
I totally agree turbo, but with the luck I've been having with online retailers of late I'm just happy that I can resolve this matter and get what I wanted and paid for. I can't even get Yestertoys to respond to my emails regarding an order problem and if it wasn't for the fact that the $ amount of the item missing wasn't worth contesting with my credit card company I'd have pushed my matter further. I don't expect retailers to be perfect but I do expect them to correct mistakes like mine and Paizo has made an effort to do just that so I'm appreciative.

Hopefully you will recieve a similar response soon Jedi Teacher. :)