PDA

View Full Version : Time to thank the Fan Club for the Silver Fett

Banthaholic
09-19-2003, 09:05 PM
In the past we've had letter writing campaigns many of the wrongs of Star Wars collecting. I think it's about time that we start one to thank someone for one of the rights.

The Star Wars Fan Club & paizo did an excellent job handling the Convention exclusive Silver Boba Fett figures.

At first when Fett was announced for Mexico alot of us feared the worst, that it'd be difficult and expensive to collect. This figure is anything but. They offered him at conventions around the States, and after some modest waiting opened up to members of the Fan Club.

They did a decent job of administrating the 2 per person at conventions, although some scalpers still found a way to get more by bribing kids for a few $'s. They even controled the amount sold to fan club members.
Just take a look at the dropping price of this figure on ebay. Nice to see that scalping doesn't pay well.

I recieved mine today, they arrived in good shape. Paizo did everything possible to make sure they arrived in good condition, they were well wrapped. I know that a few people might not have gotten as 'mint' of a figure as they would have liked, but that's Hasbro's fault not the Fan Clubs.

Some might complain about shipping, although on a national average it comes to around $7, no reason they should lose money to ship figures out.

I'm going to take the time to say my thanks for offering this exclusive. If you have a minute do so too. Here's the contact info for
Lisa Stevens Star Wars Fan Club President
lisa.stevens@paizo.com

I'm hoping that they here good things from us. While we're just a few humble Star Wars fans, maybe they'll think of continuing to offer more exclusive figures to us members, sich as the upcoming Santa-yoda.

Kidhuman
09-19-2003, 09:35 PM
That is a pretty cool idea, too bad I am not a member or I would.

TheDarthVader
09-20-2003, 01:41 PM
I am going to say...I WAS RIGHT! A while back, there were many members on this forum who felt that they would never get a Fett through the fan club. And this was coming from members of the fan club! I posted and stated that I believed we would all be able to get one. Low and behold...I was right. There are plenty of Fetts to go around. THANK YOU FAN CLUB! (Yes, I'm a member). Some paid $25 or more for one but I got 2 with shipping for $27.00. Once again, Thank you Fan Club . :) :) :) :)

Dr Zoltar
09-22-2003, 01:46 PM
I agree! Excellent job fan club. I'm off to send them an email right now!

JediBoulton
09-23-2003, 03:27 PM
I am going to say...I WAS RIGHT! A while back, there were many members on this forum who felt that they would never get a Fett through the fan club. And this was coming from members of the fan club! I posted and stated that I believed we would all be able to get one. Low and behold...I was right. There are plenty of Fetts to go around. THANK YOU FAN CLUB! (Yes, I'm a member). Some paid $25 or more for one but I got 2 with shipping for $27.00. Once again, Thank you Fan Club . :) :) :) :)

By chance when did you guys order your figures -- I ordered mine the day it came available and I have not seen anything yet :cry:

Dr Zoltar
09-23-2003, 05:09 PM
I ordered mine Sept. 2nd.

Banthaholic
09-23-2003, 07:18 PM
By chance when did you guys order your figures -- I ordered mine the day it came available and I have not seen anything yet :cry:
I ordered mine the day they becaem available. Yours should be arriving any day now. If you had it sent to a PO Box it will take longer than others since they're shipping by UPS, and UPS doesn't ship to PO boxes, so they're sending them via the US post office, so it'll take a bit more time to sort out.

From the sound of it they initially wanted to get everyones order out by 3 weeks, but since the demand was pretty high they were anticipating a slightly higher waiting time.

darth chuck
09-24-2003, 10:09 AM
I'll thank the Fan Club when I get the TF Vader that I ordered moments after they sold out.

Dr Zoltar
09-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Here's a copy of the nice email Lisa Stevens sent me in response to my email:

Thanks for the nice email. It is always nice to hear when we are doing something right, as opposed to all of the emails and letters when you are doing something wrong. Our staff appreciates your kind words.

Lisa Stevens
President
The Official Star Wars Fan Club

Sidiously Darth
09-26-2003, 01:14 PM
With the help of a fellow SSG member and Central Floridian, I too obtained this Boba Fett with silver spraypaint applique. I'm thinking about taking the Boba Fett I have left over from the Bounty Hunter 4 pack and spraypainting him gold or maybe bronze. Or maybe a cool metallic red or blue.

Nice of them to do an exclusive for the Mexico Convention but I think they were actually ripped off. Why couldn't it be nice and shiny like the Vader & R2?