PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

Thunderstorm1
09-20-2003, 07:30 AM
I just saw these posted at www.toysrus.com, anyone have any ideals about what they are?

Any help is appreciated.

Here are the Links:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000C9WGT/qid=1064060768/sr=1-173/ref=sr_1_173/102-1032786-0751304?v=glance&s=toys

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000C85G6/qid=1064060768/sr=1-178/ref=sr_1_178/102-1032786-0751304?v=glance&s=toys

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000C85G7/qid=1064060768/sr=1-179/ref=sr_1_179/102-1032786-0751304?v=glance&s=toys

Thanks again

T

thespar
09-20-2003, 07:49 AM
After reading the info on the ones that have the info. I say they are all to good be true. With the fact that only ten of the with luke and five of the one with han and they are to be the vintage one selling at $40.

Banthaholic
09-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Well I figures what the heck, TRU doesn't charge you for items till they ship, so I pre-ordered all three.
Should be interesting to see what develops out of these, nice find!

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-20-2003, 03:58 PM
I'm actually wondering if these are really the original figures repackaged and resold. As in, not newly-produced figures from the old molds, but old figures in near-mint condition (probably loose) that some company has repackaged and is planning to sell. Note that the company listed is Distributoys, Inc., not Hasbro (or even Kenner!). I don't know how legal that would be, but some of the wording in the descriptions makes me think that this might be the case. At any rate, I'm not interested in re-releases of old toys from 25 years ago, when most of the new versions of these characters are so much better.

InsaneJediGirl
09-21-2003, 09:43 AM
I have a feeling they might be repacked figures as well.It'll be interesting to see how these a packaged or just left loose.

I wonder if the company bought some banged-up figures off ebay,stripped them of paint and repainted each one?

TheDarthVader
09-21-2003, 09:43 PM
The description reads like this: They are original figures realeased at the time of the original movies. They are to be packaged in protective cases with bases. That is all they are...they are supposed to be in collectible condition and I assume complete. Cool. Too bad I do not collect vintage.

plo koon 200
09-22-2003, 06:23 AM
This is weird.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-22-2003, 06:31 PM
An email from Distributoys (who are releasing these) that has appeared on a few other sites has confirmed that these are indeed old loose figures repackaged in a clear plastic case with the correct weapons. Apparantly there are only about10-20 of each being produced, and they've all sold out already. Seems like an incredibly low number for an item listed on Amazon.:confused:

Turbowars
09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
This is weird. I agree. I guess it would be kind of cool if they were packed on a new card and bubble, but it sounds like something from e-bay. Very strange.

TheDarthVader
09-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Yes, I agree that this is strange. Banthaholic was fortunate enough to get his preorder in. Maybe he will take pictures for us and post them here when his figures arrive. I am curious to see what they look like.

Banthaholic
09-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Yes, I agree that this is strange. Banthaholic was fortunate enough to get his preorder in. Maybe he will take pictures for us and post them here when his figures arrive. I am curious to see what they look like.
Yeah, I jumped on it first thing in the morning thanks to Thunderstorm1.

After I placed the order I got the usual Amazon.com confirmation with a end of Oct projected delivery date.

I'm kind've curious to see what these products are all about. From initial reading it doesn't appear to be anything too great. I already have all the vintage figures, but I suppose worse case scenario it's a $100 risk. Who knows if I ordered early enough to get them, I might have one of those rare collection items (and the items aren't of a 'questionable' status)

I plan on keeping my pre-order out there if I end up with a set you'll see pics posted of all 3 when I get them.

TheDarthVader
09-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Thanks banthaholic...I figured you'd come through for us! :)

Banthaholic
12-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Well I got an email today from Amazon. The Good Guys & Bespin set shipped, although the Bounty hunter set is still backordered.
Should have these sometime next week.

Banthaholic
12-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Well I got a delivery from UPS today.
Inside the cardboard box, was well two more cardboard boxes. I still haven't opened them up yet. I'm kind've hoping to wait to see something posted either here or on another site, before I do so.

Although I did attach a picture so you can get an idea what size boxes they came in. Interesting that each has a 'Warning Do Not Open, ship as one package' sticker on them. I received the good guys set, as well as the Bespin set.

Turbowars
12-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Well I got a delivery from UPS today.
Inside the cardboard box, was well two more cardboard boxes. I still haven't opened them up yet. I'm kind've hoping to wait to see something posted either here or on another site, before I do so.

Although I did attach a picture so you can get an idea what size boxes they came in. Interesting that each has a 'Warning Do Not Open, ship as one package' sticker on them. I received the good guys set, as well as the Bespin set.I'm puzzled that you are waiting to see them on the net before you open yours. Do you think you wont want them and ship the back? I would have tore those boxes right open!

Hardcore Gamer
12-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Open then and tell us what's inside! I'm dying to find out now. Weird, I know! I open all my figures, it's best way.

I say, if you want to enjoy them in the package, go sit in Walmart and stare! :D

Turbowars
12-12-2003, 07:18 PM
OK, saw them at GH and I'd keep them boxed too and ship them back ASAP! Nothing but loose Vintage figures in Display tubes.:rolleyes:

Beast
12-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Yep, I'd ship them back also if I were you. You can probably buy mint loose figures cheaper then what these figures cost you. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=toy_images/amazonvintage.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks