PDA

View Full Version : What has Hasbro got against Obi-Wan?

Stemp Fester
09-21-2003, 04:10 AM
What is it with Hasbro and their treatment of poor old Obi's arms? Every saga version so far has managed to make them look ridiculous...

C/Chase - thin (there's an arm somewhere under that cloak)
Pilot - Ultra thin (work on those biceps Obi...), not to mention the cloak that makes him look like the Dark Wanderer from Diablo II.
Acklay - I don't know what they were trying to imply here, but frankly, I'm disgusted. Surely a Jedi has no need to play with Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters.
Nightclub - Whoa! Articulation is one thing, but turning him into a robot is another. Nice bar though...

Clone Wars Obi looks promising I guess, but I'm not a completist and I'd rather stick to stuff from the movies.

JangoFart
09-21-2003, 05:55 AM
Well, compared to EP2 Anakin, they are madly in love with Obi-Wan. Every Anakin has the look of "angst" on his face - so extreme that he always has that expression of that SPLIT SECOND when a harsh laxative kicks in.

If'n I were having action figures made of me, I'd pick one modeled after Hasbro's treatment of Obi-Wan way before I'd pick one based on Hasbro's treatment of Anakin. But, that's just me....

J

amidalak
09-21-2003, 12:54 PM
i agree, obi wan has gotten the shaft! i do like the looks of the nightclub obi, though, and i want more articulation, not less, but why has it taken more than a year since aotc came out to have a good action figure of one of the main characters? jf, i think the secret ceremony ani is just about on the money as far as the face, not the constipated look but not happy go lucky either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Personally, given the situation, I would've made secret ceremony anakin with a huge damned grin on his face. Hello, you're about to spend the first night of marriage with Padme. I would've made the figure with a huge grin and giving a thumbs up! :D

I agree, a good Obi-Wan PT figure is long overdue. :)

Masterjedi73
09-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Nice....That would be hilarious!

I think in terms of articulation we just need figures that can be posed in as many ways as possible. They make too many different figures for each character, and none of them are that good....they're only good for one pose.

JediTricks
09-21-2003, 11:16 PM
I don't like how Hasbro's done Obi-Wan's face for Ep 2 either, their beard sculpts and paints have always felt totally wrong to me and it totally affects the figure, and the hairstyle always seems wrong too; plus the color seems wrong; and then there's the Pilot figure with its sculpted-on headset.

I'm looking forward to Obi-Wan nightclub, but they did this line a great disservice by putting out so many substandard versions of the figure in the first year of the line.

tagmac
09-21-2003, 11:51 PM
I'd be happy to just get a neutral version of Obi-Wan and Anakin in their cloaks, as they were in the elevator on Coruscant.

JEDIpartner
09-22-2003, 12:08 PM
The Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub) figure (or whatever they are calling it this week) looks to be a relatively good sculpt... except for the "You don't want to sell me any death sicks" position of his right hand. *sigh* The head on the Acklay Battle version was quite good save for the fact that he must have had his eyebrows plucked as a part of the Geonosian torture ritual. The head sculpt on the Kamino Battle figure is good and the colour of the hair, for the first time, is great... for a DRY Obi-Wan!!! :frus:

I must admit that the sculpts are getting better but I've not seen one that really satisfys my jones for a good AOTC Obi-Wan. It's kinda sad, really. *shrug* :o

Jaff
09-22-2003, 12:27 PM
I think the word neutral is no longer in Hasbro's dictionary. I think they are working on it though! Sure enough 50 more Obi-Wan's will be made at the rate their going.