PDA

View Full Version : I Hate My Walmart!

Masterjedi73
09-22-2003, 12:16 PM
The Walmart near me (in Manville, NJ) is HORRIBLE! They haven't received anything new in 6 months.

The reason people don't buy any of the stuff that's there (there's like 4 or 5 total figures left) is because it's not the new stuff.

I hate them.

Is there a way to order star wars exclusives from them online? I couldn't find any of it on their site.

bobafrett
09-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the club. What exclusives are you looking for Masterjedi73? Are you looking for the bonus pack clonetroopers? I have seen them once in my area, but none since. I doubt you'll find them at the online location though. Other than that, I thought Wal-Mart was just going with the basic action figures and lightsabers...................until we beat them to a pulp for not keeping us fans happy.

Masterjedi73
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
I was looking for the Clone Wars packs. They have the new (repackaged) luke and vader sabers, but that's it. The rest of the figures have been there forever.

bobafrett
09-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Oh, and I should mention, since this was noted in an earlier thread, the 2 pack clonetroopers are in a box on a side kick. If you look around the toy department at your Wal-Mart, hanging to the side of any endcap, there is what we call sidekicks where they display small items that aren't carried on the normal mods or shelves. Usually small items. Look around there, not necessarily near the action figures. Mine were found two isles over.

bobafrett
09-22-2003, 01:00 PM
I was looking for the Clone Wars packs. They have the new (repackaged) luke and vader sabers, but that's it. The rest of the figures have been there forever.

Yes, check the sidekicks as the need two pegs to hold the "Bonus" pack up. Pretty good deal I must say expecially if your into Army building. I haven't opened mine, but the figures do seem to lack articulation. Keep that in mind.

JEDIpartner
09-22-2003, 02:00 PM
The Walmart near me (in Manville, NJ) is HORRIBLE! ...I hate them...
Just to let you know... I hate your Wal*Mart, too... and pretty much all of the other Wal*Marts as well. ;)

Banthaholic
09-23-2003, 08:43 AM
It should come as no surprise that I also hate Wal-mart. Mine is still selling Taun We's, Djas Puhr, and Orn Free Taa, and $10 Cantina Packs (at least 20-30 of them) Then again, I know Wal-mart doesn't control what assortments they get in, but they seem to over-ordered every trend item that sells a few items, and then gets stuck with an over abundance of stock that doesn't move.

Funny the Target down the road has gone through 10 cases of SW figures the past 5 weeks, I know because either me or my girlfriend go every morning.

Wal-mart latest attitude towards Hasbro makes me hate them more, they are/have put local business's out of business, and then when given an oligopolistic control of the toy industry, they refuse to carry particular items.

I for one will not buy anything from the Wal-mart, other than SW exclusives, and I've thought about buying from etailers, although the funds don't support that assertion yet.

Kidhuman
09-23-2003, 09:34 AM
I was talking to the toy employee the other day and she said they have 2 trailers with merchandise in it that no one ever brings into the store. No wonder I only found 5 new figures in the last 10 months there. Who wants to help me raid the trailers?

JEDIpartner
09-23-2003, 09:54 AM
"Begun the toy war has!" ;)

You can count me in!

kool-aid killer
09-23-2003, 10:21 AM
I rarely visit Walmarts now for toys. But i did see that they knocked those cantina sets down to $7 bucks apiece.

I remember when i worked at a Kmart i had to go inside one of those trailers occasionally to pull out patio furniture. Very hard to get crap out of them in a timely manner.

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 10:34 AM
We had one Manager at the store I worked at, who once the trailers were full and the back room was full, decided to use the outdoor lawn and garden area to store overstock freight..........in the winter time. Now imagine electronic equiptment and toys and juice being outside in below zero weather. Then you add snow then the sun melting the snow and your in for a watered down disaster. Juices were frozen and seperated to the point we couldn't sell them, not to mention all the cases of pop we lost. We did keep a thin tarp over the freight. When it came down to finding the stuff for the ads, we had no idea where it was. We found the stuff about a month later on a trailer. That my friends, is why Wal-Mart will fail, well at least to get most of my Star Wars shopping business.

TheDarthVader
09-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Well at least you have some kind of assortment with the figures...at one of my Wal-Marts they have 17 radar dish Padmes and that is all. They also have the repackaged lightsabers but no new items. I have not found anything there in a year or so. Wal-Mart sucks.

Jaludorm
10-06-2003, 10:31 AM
The biggest problem is wal-marts antiquated reordering system, in most cases, they will not reorder until all the stock has been depleted. In most cases, if you have the UPC number you can have them check the inventory levels. If you are intersted in purchasing a case or more, you can speak to the manager and they have the ability, now whether they do this, is entirely up to them. And when they arrive, they will come as a regular shipment, so you kinda have to be there when they come in. Its not overly convenient, however you can sometimes get them easier. Or you can just do like i have done and order from an online retailer. I generally use K & C Collectibles, he is very reliable and quick to ship. In some cases pricey, however as Wal-Mart continues to cut their alotments of SW toys, they leave me little choice.

jjreason
10-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I've been living in my new city for 5 months now, and have never seen a Star Wars 3.75 inch toy (figure or vehicle) on the shelves there. Never. Any. At least back in Ontario they had SOME stuff, whether it was 15 Endor Hans on for 2.98 each or what - they had something. Not here.

BoShek
10-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Masterjedi73, my aunt and uncle live out near you in Belle Mead. I have been to that Wal Mart a few times. :p

The stores at Phillipsburg were always better. ;)

Kidhuman
10-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Well, I finally found Clone Wars figures at Wal-Mart, but they werent the 2 packs. They say they never heard of them. Aint that a stinker. So I had to buy Yoda, Anakin, and an ARC with no bonus clone.

Dr Zoltar
10-08-2003, 06:41 PM
It appears that some of the Wal-Mart stores never got the bonus backs in stock. I have 3 Wal-Marts near me and only 1 of them ever got them in.

That is unless the other Wal-Marts sold the entire sealed shipment case to someone...

Kidhuman
10-08-2003, 07:00 PM
or took it themselves

kool-aid killer
10-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Fellow forum member Force who also lives in Omaha told me that they arrived at a Walmart near him, but i went and didnt see them. At the Walmart nearest me i still see bare pegs. I did see a Hasbro setup in the middle of an aisle that had value packs but it was for Transformer Armada and GI Joe figures.

TheDarthVader
10-08-2003, 09:17 PM
I have seen one value pack and I bought it. There are 2 wal marts close to me and I have only found one. :( I dont know what the deal is...they also have a slew of lotr figures featuring only Eomer, Frodo in Orc armor, and Sam in orc armor. :( Wal-mart sucks.

jad
10-09-2003, 12:02 AM
I did see a Hasbro setup in the middle of an aisle that had value packs but it was for Transformer Armada and GI Joe figures.

I don't know why walmart won't do some sort of setup in the middle of eisles with the clonewars twopacks. I saw those GI Joe packs and I know there gonna pretty much just sit there, most of em will probably end up being clearanced out in a year or two
:rolleyes:

Of course walmart thinks for some reason star wars won't sell. I think this is in part due to some of Hasbro's terribly poor cases that came out at the latter part of 2002. Some of my walmarts still have tons of radar dish padmes and lott dodds clogging the shelves. But then again it also shows that Walmart has a lack of forsight and they really don't do any reseach into what is popular or will sell because pretty much any other new cases that have been hitting my local stores fly off the pegs in a matter of days if not hours in some cases. I think they could save a lot of money if they actually hired someone to research toy cases for every line and figure out what toys look the most interesting and then order an appropriate amount based on that estimate. Actually someone might already have that sort of job at the WM corporate office but they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Old Fossil
10-09-2003, 12:09 AM
I have managed to visit the 5 closest WM's at least once a month for the past 2-3 months. 3 of the 5 stores seem to get at least 1 case of new figures a month, and I found Value Packs at 2 of those same 3 stores. The remaining 2 WM's never got jack squat, just the same miserable figures they've had for over a year now.

As for where the Value Packs are located: in one store they were displayed in a sidekick, like Bobafrett describes. In the other store, they were simply sitting lined up on a bare shelf, way down the action figure aisle from the other Star Wars figures -- but still on the action figure aisle. Others have reported finding the Value Packs in even more obscure places in the Toy Dept.

Old Fossil
10-09-2003, 12:16 AM
I haven't opened mine, but the figures do seem to lack articulation. Keep that in mind.

Actually, the bonus Clones are articulated at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, thigh area, and knees! :D I don't have any of the Clone Trooper Army builder packs, but I would imagine that the Value Pack Troopers are a bit superior to them, at least as far as articulation goes.

kool-aid killer
10-09-2003, 09:36 AM
I was looking all over the toy aisle searching endcaps and all over the shelves trying to find just one but i stopped because i knew i looked highly suspicious looking up and down the aisles and going back and forth. Bad enough i used to go there on toy runs four times and week and would walk out with nothing to show.

I have seen the figures at Target but not the bonuses with the clones. The ARC trooper just doesnt look as exciting without the clone next to him.

Val Da Car
10-09-2003, 07:22 PM
My KB Toy Works near me got some or the Value Packs (only 24 figures total) in today and gone...the woman in front of me (buying for her financee/boyfriend) bought a case....4 each of the Anakin/Yoda/Arc Value pack...with the 30% off sale that makes them about $4.19 each...up yours Wal Mart!!

tgr3328
10-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I was looking all over the toy aisle searching endcaps and all over the shelves trying to find just one but i stopped because i knew i looked highly suspicious looking up and down the aisles and going back and forth. Bad enough i used to go there on toy runs four times and week and would walk out with nothing to show.

I know what you mean. I check almost every day, hoping to find something new and often leave without buying anything. I expect that one day, I will be stopped as a potential shoplifter. :eek:

tgr3328
10-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Actually, the bonus Clones are articulated at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, thigh area, and knees! :D I don't have any of the Clone Trooper Army builder packs, but I would imagine that the Value Pack Troopers are a bit superior to them, at least as far as articulation goes.

I managed to find one bonus clone (at a KB of all places!) It seems to have the same articulation as the saga red clone trooper.

By the way, why did Hasbro make the regular Saga clone red and the sneak preview one white? The sneak preview are harder to find. I have one sneak preview, but managed to get five or six saga clones. I've got an army full of sargeants and and just one private. Talk about too much middle management!

JetsAndHeels
10-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Believe me, I know exactly how all of you feel. I live in the second largest city in North Carolina (Raleigh) and none of the Wal-Marts here ever get squat. The closest one to me about 3 miles down the road never gets anything. I go in there about every other day looking for new Star Wars, McFarlane Sportspicks, etc and its just the same old crap. But whenever I see a stack of cases to be put up its always some other junk that I doubt anyone buys anymore.
As far as KB toys, they stink around here too. I haven't seen anything new as far as Star Wars in any of them in this area. Either the distribution sucks or the employees are copping the stuff or even both. In fact I have been asked to leave a KB store for asking every single employee to go to the back and check for McFarlane figures. I wouldn't do these things if the employees wouldn't lie and tell me that they had none, when I look down on the floor behind the register and see a whole case. Being a collector is down right tough sometimes because you have to fight against folks just to get some honesty sometimes.

Quint
10-14-2003, 10:30 PM
They're usually worse! I try to find the rare gem of an employee that has a clue what I'm talking about. Usually I get a bewildered look usually reserved for when Kirk whips out a tricorder in front of a caveman.
I, too, get the standard answer: "we can't put out the new figures until you all buy what's on the pegs!" True, but how many of us need multiple Taun Wes or Palpatine? Send back the pegwarmers and get new stuff if you want to keep customers.
Now matter how angered I get, I'm always nice to the employees and it works. At one TRU they let me watch them unload and I can see what new goodies come in.
I'm finding all the new stuff now at Target and TRU. In my locale, we're cursed with 5 Targets, 2 TRUs, 6 WMs, and 3 KBs. And they all have almost the exact same stuff. Target and TRU is the gold is.

JetsAndHeels
10-14-2003, 11:03 PM
The Wal-Mart just down the road sort of redeemed itself today. Although there were no new SW figures or McFarlane Sportspicks, there was a brand new box of 2003 Topps Chrome Football cards. Now I know this probably means absolutely nothing to most of you, but if you collect football cards like me you know that the Chrome cards are good pickups. This will be a good move for Wal-Mart, because the football cards will keep me coming in, and that gives them more time to get some toys on the pegs so I can drop even more cash.

darthzirock
10-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Believe me, I know exactly how all of you feel. I live in the second largest city in North Carolina (Raleigh) and none of the Wal-Marts here ever get squat. The closest one to me about 3 miles down the road never gets anything. I go in there about every other day looking for new Star Wars, McFarlane Sportspicks, etc and its just the same old crap. But whenever I see a stack of cases to be put up its always some other junk that I doubt anyone buys anymore.

As far as KB toys, they stink around here too. I haven't seen anything new as far as Star Wars in any of them in this area. Either the distribution sucks or the employees are copping the stuff or even both. In fact I have been asked to leave a KB store for asking every single employee to go to the back and check for McFarlane figures. I wouldn't do these things if the employees wouldn't lie and tell me that they had none, when I look down on the floor behind the register and see a whole case. Being a collector is down right tough sometimes because you have to fight against folks just to get some honesty sometimes.

Jango, I live just outside of the largest city in North Carolina, CHARLOTTE. Guess what? We've got bupkiss! NC gets treated like a red-headed step-child as far as toy distribution goes. We either get everything last, or we don't get it at all! I frequently go onto Charlotte on toy-runs and come home empty-handed. I've had better luck finding new Star Wars action figures in South Carolina (York & Gaffney) or in far western NC (Hickory, Forest City, Shelby) than in Charlotte or Gastonia.

Now, when I lived in New Jersey, I had tons of stores to choose from, but the problem was the huge glut of fellow collectors. Every guy between the ages of 12-65 seemed to be a Star Wars collector, and had their mothers/girlfriends/wives out hunting for them, too! (Yes, I did encounter the occasional female SW collector, but they were so rare as to not really even be a factor.) So, if you found anything at all, you had to buy it right then & there or you could guarantee it wouldn't be on the shelves the next time you got there.

In NJ, back before I moved to NC in January 1999, there were only two Wal-Marts in the entire state! The only one close to me was still almost an hour's drive away! So, I only got there maybe two or three times a month--not very condusive to finding WM exclusive figures, trust me! :( In NC, I have a Wal-Mart right here in Gastonia (with a second being built right now on the other side of town set for a Spring 2004 opening), as well as ones in Lincolnton, Hickory, Shelby, Charlotte, and Concord that I visit regularly. You know what? They pretty much all get the exact same stuff at the exact same time. When I go to the SC stores or Forest City, I usually find better selections, because there seem to be fewer collectors--as well as fewer toy scalpers--in those areas.

My local Wal-Mart has had the same seven figures on their pegs for months now, as well as about thirty remaining Cantina sets that have been moved to the Clearance aisle but are still priced at $9.96! Wal-Mart does have one thing pegged right, though--those Electronic Lightsabers sell like crazy! I mean, I'll see about six on the pegs and another six on the overhead shelf one day, then they're all gone in like two days! :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Perhaps you and I should petition Hasbro to get some better distribution to the southeast. I too have made toy runs up and down this state and not really come up with squat as far as Star Wars goes. The one time I DID find a new wave on the pegs was at the Target in Wilmington. It was the wave that has Wat Tambor and the Secret Ceremony Padme in it. Anyway EVERY single figure on the pegs looked like it had been literally thrown on the floor and stomped to death. The cards were bent, torn, and the bubbles were almost flat. Every single Star Wars figure, and I am talking 6 or 8 figures. Not a coincidence in my mind. Someone was either jealous or didn't want anyone to be able to find something new. Totally a shame. I feel your pain buddy, believe me.
Good luck to you in the future.

Kidhuman
10-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey count me in on that petiton. I live 2 hrs from Charlolette and see as much as you guys do.

OC47150
10-16-2003, 04:52 PM
I've had better luck at finding newer stuff at Target and Kmart than Wal-mart in the last few weeks, which is surprising. Earlier this year, all the new stuff was found at WM but the tide has turned.

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2003, 07:52 PM
I hear you Kidhuman. We know exactly how you feel. It seems the distribution just doesn't make its way to North Carolina. Perhaps we really should do something about that. I don't know if a petition would change any minds though.

jedihunter25
10-16-2003, 10:41 PM
Most of the Walmarts around here are 24 hour Super Walmarts. They don't have anything. The SW section is very small and is hidden behind a structural post. I've been finding everything at Target and I've even been doing most of my other shopping (grocery too) at Target because of Walmart not putting out the SW that I search for.

scruffziller
10-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Yea I hear you. I know the Toy Manager at WM and ask him why this is and when is this coming and he doesn't know or seems to care. His usual response is, "they don't tell me anything." He is just a warm body to fill a posistion to stock the stock......whatever that might be.

tgr3328
10-27-2003, 10:36 AM
My Walmart just got some Clone Wars figures, Mace, Obi Wan, Yoda, Durge, and the Sith witch, but no value packs.

Oh, and they also got in thirteen Zam Wessels! Must be rejects from KB!

kool-aid killer
10-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Last week i seen the Padawan wave (remnants of it really) which is great news, unless youve already had them for a couple of months now. So im hoping they will soon dig out some clone wars value packs in the near future.

fishyfett
10-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Didn't even know the Value Packs exist till I found them at KB. Bought a Yoda/Yellow and an Ani/Blue. Returned the single carded CW figures back to Wal-mart (hey, howbout that!!). Took back my Blue Clone 3pack to TRU. Saved me some dough. Begun the 'Toy Wars' have indeed!!!! And I ain't planning to lose either. ;)

OC47150
10-27-2003, 12:34 PM
The padawan wave has shown up in full force at stores other than WM in my area, which is good since I didn't have them. Glad I waited.

The WMs in my area are still pretty pathetic. Nothing new for quite some time.

thespar
10-28-2003, 07:25 AM
i totally agree with the NC problem i have found all the wm exe clone wars i have seen only 1 of jedi counicol 1 , i goushain 1 and 2 pick up #2 and i have seen parts of luke throne room wave.

Jayspawn
10-28-2003, 08:38 AM
My Wal-Marts totally SUCK!!! They dropped the ball BIG-TIME. They have never recieved the Clone Wars 2-Packs. Theres 3 Wal-Marts in my area and nothing. What a let down. I went into one of them last week and found a few single Anakins, but no packs!!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
10-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Perhaps you and I should petition Hasbro to get some better distribution to the southeast.

I'm in for it Jango.It seems the Southeast has a glut of Nascar collectibles,but little else.It seems Hasbro just keeps skipping over my area(N.Florida) or bring in one new case of figures every couple of months to let people go crazy over.Part of the problem is the 100-year old Toy Manager,but Hasbro needs to tell these people to order.

tgr3328
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
My Walmart recently got in a few Clone Wars figures and Thirteen Zam Wesells! What's up with that! Does Hasbro ship an all Zam Wesell case? :confused:

Lazer Brain
11-06-2003, 04:16 PM
wal-mart stinks, there are at least 9 padme pilots holdin down the pegs at my store, and it is the home store for central texas. the main walmart distribution warehouse is not 5 miles away. i only check the WM's if i am there to get something else.
later

Val Da Car
11-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Last Night in my Wal Mart......

4 Wat Tambors
4 Coleman Trebors
3 Padme Wedding
1 Padme Chase
2 Darth Maul
1 Han Solo
2 Ashla & Jempa
2 Yoda & Chian
5 Jango Pilots (same as it ever was).....new company motto for Walmart.

Kidhuman
11-06-2003, 04:46 PM
wal-mart stinks, there are at least 9 padme pilots holdin down the pegs at my store, and it is the home store for central texas. the main walmart distribution warehouse is not 5 miles away. i only check the WM's if i am there to get something else.
later

At least you got pilot version, mine has about 8 arena escape versions.

Kidhuman
11-18-2003, 05:44 PM
I got 10 figures today at wal-mart. Real nice find. They finally stocked em out and i put them bare again. LOL.

OC47150
11-19-2003, 07:37 AM
I found the CW Obi- Wan and Mace at my Wal-Mart two weeks ago. Those were the first new figures in a while.

I've had better luck at Target. Picked up two Bails in the last couple of days.

bobafrett
11-19-2003, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I found one Bail at my Target. Unfortunatly, he was the only figure left on the peg from that wave.

OC47150
11-19-2003, 08:15 AM
I was nice last night. I left one Bail and two Imp dignitaries on the pegs. I already have one dignitary.

darthzirock
12-04-2003, 12:41 AM
All of my local stores are experiencing a new toy drought, but WM is the worst--the pegs where figures should be are filled with frickin' electronic lightsabers! Not a SW or even a CW figure anywhere to be found! :mad:

Silent Chazz
12-04-2003, 09:20 AM
My Walmart sucks as well. I live out in the Panhandle of Oklahoma, so the closest Walmart to me is in a stupid small town called Guymon. And thats 40 Miles away!!! The Walmart they have is a regular one (not a Super Center). About every Six months they get in a somewhat good shipment of SW figures. But, since I live so far away, any SW Collectors or kids in Guymon have first dibs on them. Like one time, I saw an AOTC Yoda (the first Yoda from the April 2002 wave), next day Im fortunate to come back into town and BAM no more Yoda. Then theres usually a suck assortment of what they have left that collects dust until FINALLY after months and months, goes on Clearance for $2 each. This is how I was fortunate to get a Supreme Chancellor Palpy and Shaak Ti (as well as the Cantina Deluxe Aliens for $5 each). Luckily though, I was able to find Yoda with Chian and 2 Battle Droids which are now on Layaway being ready for me to receive Christmas morning.

OC47150
12-04-2003, 09:36 AM
There is one WM in my area I used to have considerable luck at. It's near where we take computer classes. I go over early, check out the figures, grab a Coke and then head to class. Found TPM Theed generator playset and Naboo starfighter on clearance for less than $10. But in the last year or so, it's become a dry well. They finally got CW figures in, when I checked last week, but mostly older Saga figures (royal guard, etc...) That's disappointing since that particular store used to be so good. I've had better luck at the Target about a half-mile down the road!

I haven't bought a SW figure at another WM (which is on my way to work) since Labor Day. Found the SC Anakin. I was going to the flea market later that day and was prepared to pay $10 or more for Annie.

Silent Chazz
12-04-2003, 09:44 AM
You see, my Walmart doesnt even have Clone Wars figures yet. They probably either a) wont get them in at all, or b) wont get them in until a month after the 2nd Season of Clone Wars plays on Cartoon Network.

Kidhuman
12-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Chazz, I have the CW wave 1 extras if you are interested. PM me and we can work a deal out

Old Fossil
12-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Have to say I've been pleasantly surprised at my local WM this past month... they got in a case of CW Mace/Durge/Obi/Assaj, and last week they restocked the older wave of Eeth Koth/Teebo/army builders. About a month ago, they restocked the Aayla Secura/Barris Offee wave (older blue cards). Everything sells quickly, though there are still several OPD Anakins and Plo Koons.

GH posted that the new Ultra assortment has been found at WM. Ain't that wierd?

kool-aid killer
12-05-2003, 10:38 AM
My nearest Walmart has gotten better. In the past two weeks or so ive been able to find a Bail Organa, Imperial Dignitary, the waitress droid, and Lt. Danni Faytonni. Im hoping one day soon to be able to come upon them much sooner so i can get the figures im missing.

DarkArtist
12-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Walmart is a hit or miss. Last week at the North Brunswick Walmart I was able to find the Concept Stormie, Padme Lars homestead, Imperial Dignitary, Coruscant Obi Wan and Elan, Asajj Ventross, Durge, Bail Organa. It's a strange game to play but the prize can sometimes be found

JEDIpartner
12-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Our Wal*Marts get all of their stock after the Targets have had the figures for a couple months... *sigh* I'm SO glad I've got KEBco!! :happy:

kool-aid killer
12-06-2003, 01:39 PM
I finally found Coleman Trebor at a Walmart i rarely visit. My past two trips to that Walmart have yeilded only three figures i need in all, but it may be worth visiting more often.

Val Da Car
12-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Oh My Goodness....

I made a late night trip to the WM nearest to me and found the Bail Organa/McQuarrie stormtrooper wave...completed with the Clone Wars wave 3 (Kit Fisto,Saesee Tin & SA Clone trooper)

wow....but only one case of each.

Old Fossil
12-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Killer find, Val! May we all be so lucky!

Kidhuman
12-07-2003, 09:46 AM
I got Rieekan yesterday at mine. I dont like the way 3PO looks or I would of got him too. They were out of Wampas though.

Old Fossil
12-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Interesting to hear all the reports of the Ultra wave at Wal-Mart. I wonder if Tycho's letter-writing campaign can be credited?... And kidhuman, what are their prices on the Ultra figures?

Silent Chazz
12-08-2003, 09:45 PM
I somewhat retract my earlier statement about my Walmart. I've recently been able to get a hold of 2 Red-variation Battle Droids, Yoda w/ Chian (the first Yoda my Walmart's had in a YEAR), and Coleman Trebor. Of course I wont actually "have" them until Christmas morning. =P

P.S. I'm still upset that my Walmart doesn't have Clone Wars figures yet. I want ARC Troopers!!!!

Ric Olie
12-09-2003, 11:50 PM
My local Wal-Marts are finally getting some new figures in. I still havn't seen any of the bonus packs though.

darthzirock
12-10-2003, 12:42 AM
My local Wal-Marts are finally getting some new figures in. I still havn't seen any of the bonus packs though.

Ric, buddy, hate to break it to you, but those Clone Wars value packs are looooong gone from Wal*Mart. You might still find them at KB Toys, or if there's a Meijer's store near you, check it out.

BoShek
12-13-2003, 08:31 PM
I have gotten all of the new figures (except Coleman) and all of the figures I missed last year (except E Mon) at my local Wal Mart. They really turned things around.

Turbowars
12-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Interesting to hear all the reports of the Ultra wave at Wal-Mart. I wonder if Tycho's letter-writing campaign can be credited?... And kidhuman, what are their prices on the Ultra figures?We will never know, because Hasbro would never give us the pleasure of knowing we made a difference. I would love to have a Hasbro thread here that would be deicated to to them only. Kind of like when cry baby Thrawn was still around. A question and answer by Hasbro.

jedihunter25
12-13-2003, 10:34 PM
I went to my Wal-mart around 3 AM the other night just after they put new figs out. It was strange because I found one Wampa attack Luke. With the pegs full, the rest of the figs were all Clone Wars Kit and Saesee (I was there earlier that day and the pegs were half full with Kit and Saesee). But no Ultra figs. I talked to an employee at TRU and I missed them by 1 hour. He also said that out of the Ultra figs they only shipped one Wampa. Now why would Hasbro do this, let alone send one Wampa attack Luke with a bunch of Clone Wars Kit and Saesee?

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 12:02 AM
I went to my Wal-mart around 3 AM the other night just after they put new figs out. It was strange because I found one Wampa attack Luke. With the pegs full, the rest of the figs were all Clone Wars Kit and Saesee (I was there earlier that day and the pegs were half full with Kit and Saesee). But no Ultra figs. I talked to an employee at TRU and I missed them by 1 hour. He also said that out of the Ultra figs they only shipped one Wampa. Now why would Hasbro do this, let alone send one Wampa attack Luke with a bunch of Clone Wars Kit and Saesee?Dude, don't ever believe stockers. They have no clue. The Ultra wave 1 case came with two of each figure. Hasbro also didn't ship one Hoth Luke with CW figures. They are from 2 different cases. The WM stocker probably held them back for themselves or they were bought already.

Old Fossil
12-14-2003, 02:01 AM
I have gotten all of the new figures (except Coleman) and all of the figures I missed last year (except E Mon) at my local Wal Mart. They really turned things around.

Sure seems that way! I got Janus Greejatus, Bail Organa, and Lars' Homestead Padme at my local WM tonight... they also had Ayy Vida, Elan, and Outlander Club Obi-Wan (I passed on those). I searched high and low through the jumble of Yu-Gi-Oh, G.I. Joe, and wrasslin' figures, but found no Concept Trooper. :(

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the turnaround at WM... now if they would only carry 12" figures and vehicles again!!! Seems I am destined to never find a 12" Biker Scout at retail.

Banthaholic
12-14-2003, 12:01 PM
I have a newer Walmart in my area that just opened two montha ago. While the 'other' Walmart is still clogged with Palpatine, Taun We's and other figures from '02 summer, this one isn't overwhelmed.
Last week I picked up the first 3 Ultra figures. Earlier this week I was able to get the other SAC trooper that I needed. Although today it was like x-mas, I found Hoth Luke, R-3p0, rebel trooper, kren, ack med, and the new carded boba, anakin, and blue han.
It was too awesome!

darthzirock
12-14-2003, 09:14 PM
My Wal*Mart either has nothing on the pegs, or they get a couple of cases all at once, which disappear overnight. Tonight, however, I was shocked to find at least 3 cases each of CW wave 2 and SAGA Outlander Club wave figures on the pegs! :eek:

Although there was no sign of the Ultra wave at WM, my local TRU had them, so Wally World should be getting them soon, too.

Silent Chazz
12-14-2003, 09:28 PM
At least your Walmart got a Clone Wars line. Mine STILL doesnt have any. I'm holding out HOPING that it gets em in when I finally have money that I can spend on figures (I'm hoping to get a Red-variation ARC Trooper, Kit Fisto, and a Clone Trooper With Speeder Bike).

darthzirock
12-14-2003, 09:44 PM
At least your Walmart got a Clone Wars line. Mine STILL doesnt have any. I'm holding out HOPING that it gets em in when I finally have money that I can spend on figures (I'm hoping to get a Red-variation ARC Trooper, Kit Fisto, and a Clone Trooper With Speeder Bike).

Wal*Mart won't be getting in the Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike, unless Hasbro repackages it and includes it in the "Ultra" waves sometime in 2004. Clone w/ Speeder was part of the old "Deluxe" lines, and WM stopped carrying those in 2003, prior to the releases of the Clone Wars deluxes and the the SAGA Obi-Wan and Jango Fett "Kamino Showdown" deluxes. Best bets for the Trooper w/ Speeder is Toys 'R' Us, Kmart, or KayBee.

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Wal*Mart won't be getting in the Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike, unless Hasbro repackages it and includes it in the "Ultra" waves sometime in 2004. Clone w/ Speeder was part of the old "Deluxe" lines, and WM stopped carrying those in 2003, prior to the releases of the Clone Wars deluxes and the the SAGA Obi-Wan and Jango Fett "Kamino Showdown" deluxes. Best bets for the Trooper w/ Speeder is Toys 'R' Us, Kmart, or KayBee.Ummm, he's talking about the Clone War Speeder, not the Saga Speeder with Clone. Basically the same thing, but the CW speeder has a different deco and an added gun. The CW speeder is shipping with the Clone 3 packs.;)

Silent Chazz
12-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Which all I hope my Walmart will get. (Walmart is the ONLY store in town with SW Figs. No Target, no TRU, no K-Mart, nothin but stupid Hicksville Walmart *urgh*)

bobafrett
12-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Which all I hope my Walmart will get. (Walmart is the ONLY store in town with SW Figs. No Target, no TRU, no K-Mart, nothin but stupid Hicksville Walmart *urgh*)

Exactly the reason I won't move to Wisconsin where the rest of my Family has moved. There are 2 Wal-Marts around, but not much else. The nearest Target is over 2 hours away. I like it right where I am at, 4 TRU's within 20 minutes of my place, about 4 Targets, maybe more within the same driving distance, several KB's, a couple of K-Marts and just about everything else one could need.

Banthaholic
12-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Exactly the reason I won't move to Wisconsin where the rest of my Family has moved. There are 2 Wal-Marts around, but not much else. The nearest Target is over 2 hours away. I like it right where I am at, 4 TRU's within 20 minutes of my place, about 4 Targets, maybe more within the same driving distance, several KB's, a couple of K-Marts and just about everything else one could need.
Depends where in WI lol I live in a town of 50,000+ in WI with a target, 2 wal-marts, k-mart, kb and have been able to find just about everything in the area I need, except TRU exclusives (although I have to do a 45 minute drive to get to the nearest TRU) although we're getting a Geoffreys early next year so that should help things out a bit for me.

Silent Chazz
12-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Dang you guys are lucky. Darn Amarillo, TX is the closest city that actually has a TRU, and its TWO hours away.

bobafrett
12-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Depends where in WI lol I live in a town of 50,000+ in WI with a target, 2 wal-marts, k-mart, kb and have been able to find just about everything in the area I need, except TRU exclusives (although I have to do a 45 minute drive to get to the nearest TRU) although we're getting a Geoffreys early next year so that should help things out a bit for me.

Oh, my family lives up in St. Germain, Wisconsin. They have a Wal-Mart (recently became a super WM) in Rhinelander, and they have a smaller WM in Minoqua. Both are about a 30 minute drive from my brothers cabin.

Masterdorkboy
12-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Wal-Mart, man my Wal-Mart, Target, KB, and TRU stores stink. They haven't put anything new up in months. The TRU stores in the area only have a few old green card figures, a few very old saga (Dexter Jettster, etc.), the Luke w/Taun Taun (12 in.), and a bunch of busted up old lightsabers. That's it.

redfive41101
12-15-2003, 09:01 PM
The Walmart near me (in Manville, NJ) is HORRIBLE! They haven't received anything new in 6 months.

The reason people don't buy any of the stuff that's there (there's like 4 or 5 total figures left) is because it's not the new stuff.

I hate them.

Is there a way to order star wars exclusives from them online? I couldn't find any of it on their site.

Mine in Ashland, KY recently got 1 box of the Bail Organna-Padme homestead wave. It sold through in all of ten minutes. You think they would learn from that but NOPE. They received nothing for the next month and 1 Chancillor Palpatine and 3 Endor soliders set on the shelf until they got another box that lasted all of ten minutes. I saw the first and bought 5 of them the second a stocker told me about. Star Wars will sell if the stock it properly but they seem to not care. They get tons of Marvel Legends 5 that outside of blade apparently don't sell. They have a ton of the Unicron figures that seem to just sit around. But that doesn't stop them from getting more Transformers. Most of the Wal-Marts around here (4 I think) have little in Star Wars save for this one in West Virgina that has a bunch of the older Saga figures and that seems enough to stop them from getting a good stock of Star Wars. I swear someone in control of the inventory hates Star Wars.

Jedi Leanne
12-15-2003, 09:09 PM
My Walmart is the same. They have quite a few of Obi Acklay Battle and not much else. I now order online mostly.

Old Fossil
12-15-2003, 11:51 PM
The past three days have seen an incredible influx of new figs at my WM, the likes of which not seen since April 2002. And the figures these days are MUCH better!

Saturday: one case of Saga Gold figures put out. I got Janus Greejatus, Bail Organa, and Lars Homestead Padme.

Sunday: got Hoth Luke, Hoth Rebel Trooper, and R-3P0 (one of the best protocol droid figures ever, IMO).

Monday (today): got Kren-Blista Vanee.

It's been 1 new case a day! Strangely, I have yet to see a Concept Stormtrooper at all. Somebody must be sneakin' 'em out the back... now if they'll just get the last Clone Wars wave, I'll be set for the rest of the year and well into 2004.

darthzirock
12-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Ummm, he's talking about the Clone War Speeder, not the Saga Speeder with Clone. Basically the same thing, but the CW speeder has a different deco and an added gun. The CW speeder is shipping with the Clone 3 packs.;)

Yes, Turbo, I realize that. WM isn't getting any Deluxe figures in, none at all! They stopped carrying them just before the Jango & Obi-Wan Kamino deluxes were released. However, they are carrying the Ultras, because they are called Ultras in the 2004 SAGA line and not Deluxes. An idiotic distinction, to be sure, but it is Wal*Mart we're talking about. The same store that thinks putting old toys in the clearance aisle with new red tags but at the exact same price will somehow get these things to sell at last. :stupid:

Therefore, WM won't be getting in the CW Trooper w/ Speeder Bike, Durge w/ Swoop, Clone Trooper 3-packs, Droid army 3-packs, Jedi army 3-packs, Destroyer Droid Battle Launcher, or the Dwarf Spider Droids. Comprenez-vous?

Kidhuman
12-16-2003, 11:36 AM
My Wal-Mart has pretty much gotten everything I missed in the laste year. I am only missing a handful of figures now about 5 at most. Gotta say I am loving Sam Walton right about now.

bobafrett
12-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Gotta say I am loving Sam Walton right about now.

Um, he's dead. Yeah it happened some years ago. When I worked there, they had a die cast replica of his pick up truck for sale to the employees. They pay you, then they try to suck it right back. ;)

B'Omarr Monkey
12-20-2003, 08:21 PM
My Wal-Mart had the same three Jango Fett pilots, and two Clone Trooper Pilots on their pegs for what seems like a year-with no additions. They relaid out the toy department and simple moved those five figures. Recently I went in there to find lots of Han Solo and Leia repackages and one of the padawan sets (which I had found elsewhere). I went pack and saw the Star Wars figures being restocked with more Hans and Leias and the Clone Wars Anakin (which I also found elsewhere) but that's it. It's making me strongly suspect that the choice figures are not actually being pegged, but are being picked up by the employees. Imagine that.

My wife did luck onto a bunch of the new figures at a different Wal-Mart, but it is one that takes a real effort to get to and they have also been real hit or miss from my experience.

The local KB hasn't had a new figure since AOTC opened. TRU still has a load of Zutton figures and the Teemto Pagalies wave. They've recently had a few of the clone wars three packs, no Wampa deluxe or anything else, though they have had all the multi figure sets (Hoth, Bounty Hunters, etc.) The closest Target has had the same set of Padme's abandoned at the altar since they came out.

I've had my best luck at Stop and Shop, which is a supermarket chain here in the northeastern U.S.. There is no rhyme or reason behind what they have but I just finally picked up the Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation) and the super-articulated Clone Trooper (they still have two more) from one Stop and Shop and the Saesee Tiin Clone Wars figure at another with the new Snowtrooper. the downside is that they cost me $8.00 apiece. In the past I've had the same strange luck at CVS.

Silent Chazz
12-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Well, I have to say that I have renewed faith in my Walmart. No, they still NOT have gotten Clone Wars figures, BUT today I was there and noticed they got in the '04 Hoth Wave (Hoth Trooper, Hoth Luke, Achk Med-Beq, R-3PO, and Kren Blista-Vanee). Pretty much, I now have an unopened Hoth Attack Luke hanging on a pushpin on my wall above my desk with my 5 other Unopened figures, AND an opened Hoth Attack Luke in his Ice Base sitting on my desk. I almost got R-3PO but remembered I have a trip to Liberal, Kansas coming up (where I found FOUR AOTC White Battle Droids for $2 EACH at their Walmart Supercenter the weekend before Christmas. This Supercenter also had Ultra C-3PO and General Reikan.)

Should my trip at the Supercenter not go so well, I'm either going to buy a NJO novel while I'm there or go back to my Guymon, OK walmart and get R-3PO (because the way things are at this Walmart, I have a feeling the Hoth Soldier, R-3PO and the Imperial Dignitary will be Pegwarmers for a while.) any suggestions?

Kidhuman
12-27-2003, 06:51 PM
FOund me the HOth wave in complete at two seperate Wal-MArts. Picked up Luke today and he is sweet

Silent Chazz
12-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Indeed he is, except for the oversized goggles lol.

kool-aid killer
12-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Silent Chazz, when it comes to Star Wars figures i buy the ones i want right when i see them. Simply because i worry that i wont see them on pegs again. If i like them but dont think i need them (such as Clone Wars Ani, Yoda, and Destroyer Launcher) i hold off on them. Seeing that they are now on clearance at Target, i would say i made the right choice.

Kidhuman
12-27-2003, 08:46 PM
When ya leave em closed its all good. No oversized anything

Silent Chazz
01-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Anyone find any new stuff at WalMart lately? Mine has resorted to clearancing off the stuff left over from the Christmas time at $3 a figure (too bad I'm broke right now). Nothing new has come in since the Hoth Assortment, which is pretty bone dry (from my purchases lol).

tgr3328
01-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Anyone find any new stuff at WalMart lately? Mine has resorted to clearancing off the stuff left over from the Christmas time at $3 a figure (too bad I'm broke right now). Nothing new has come in since the Hoth Assortment, which is pretty bone dry (from my purchases lol).

Not a thing. If you think that is bad, mine has twenty-five Zam Wessels, one Clone Wars Yoda and one PAdme Secret Ceremony.

The Walmarts in nearby towns have had a few things. I found Clone Wars Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, and Asajj Ventress and some Hoth/Outlander Nightclub figures.

Silent Chazz
01-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Well like I've said before, my Walmart still has NOT gotten in Clone Wars figures. I'm hoping for a Miracacle that the Walmart gets em in before or right just before Clone Wars Season 2 on Cartoon Network in March.

dustrho
01-12-2004, 12:57 PM
My Wal-Mart hasn't had a single thing in several months, so I've just about given up looking for stuff there. I stop in maybe once a month at most, and they have one row of empty pegs with Star Wars stickers on them (for regular Saga figs). Plus, I hate it because it's Wal-Mart.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-18-2004, 11:18 AM
I haven't seen any Star Wars item at my Wal-Mart, save a few lightsabers in a month.

It's funny to see the pegs crammed with Hulk, Spider-Man, and Transformers and then you come to the only few empty pegs in the section and see the Star Wars stickers on the pegs.

The unfortunate part is that if I want to go to some place that carries figures beside Wal-Mart, I have to travel some 15-20 miles to the nearest retail store. It's been cold and snowy recently, so the trips since Christmas have been few and far between.

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Well, in my Wally World, I got Barriss Offee yesterday, they are doing a reset there and have slated 8 pegs for basic and three for Ultras. I also saw a Jedi Luke 12", which was odd the only one they had. I wanted to see if it was on clearance but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 bucks for it.

Silent Chazz
01-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Wow, so my Walmart isnt the only one resetting. Does your Walmart have any Clone Wars figures? This MIGHT be the chance finally!! (or maybe not :()

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Yeah they both do. Have 2 within 15 minutes of me. They mostly have wave 1 but I have seen all three waves there.

Silent Chazz
01-18-2004, 07:42 PM
dude this sucks that my Walmart has NEVER gotten in any CW figures. Sure I've had offers on here to buy some CW figures from you guys, but I can't when Im extremely low on cash. Plus I find it easier if I can just get them for $4.77 at the walmart. But in this case, I can't. Ugh.

tgr3328
01-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I finally found an R1-G4 at my Walmart, so I bought him. The only other 'new' figure was an Ack-Med Beq. I don't know what happened to the rest of the case, I've been checking every day. They were hard to see due to the twenty-eight Zam Wesells clogging the pegs. Is anyone else shocked by this? How did they get twenty-eight Zam Wesells? I think I will start a new thread where we can list our peg-warmer horror stories!

Kidhuman
01-20-2004, 03:23 PM
LOL............28 Zam Wessels. One Wal-MArt by me, the one closest to my house has been haunted by 6 padme Arenas for uummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm quite sometime now. At X-mas it irked me because they cut SW pegs down to four total for basic and Ultra figures. They just clogged pegs ridiculously. I was lucky enough to be there when they did pack out and got about 25 figures that I needed. ANyways, peg-warming hporror stories sounds great...........LMBO

DarthQuack
01-25-2004, 06:42 PM
I hate the Wal Mart's around me. The Star Wars figures they carry always are ruined and in horrible condition, that is, of course, if they even have any figures at all.

-Matt

Card Dreamer
04-05-2004, 12:23 AM
I have 2 Wal-Mart's near me. The "better" of the 2 (WalMart and better don't belong ikn the same sentence, do they?) hasn't had any figs for months. Just Lightsabers (though there was ONE occassion they had gotten in the new deluxe figure wave(s) with Wampa, Riekan, R-3PO, C-3PO and Jabba The Hutt). I bought the Jabba w/ Bong that second (second coolest fig ever!!) and the next day, ALL the others were gone. None since.

The walmart closest me, has ONLY had Endor Raid Han Solo for MONTHS and MONTHS....Wal-Mart just sucks....

OC47150
04-05-2004, 07:12 AM
I am disgusted with my WMs. I have two within 5 - 10 minute driving distance and neither has had anything for the longest time. The closest one finally got the first CW wave in after Christmas.

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I am disgusted with my WMs. I have two within 5 - 10 minute driving distance and neither has had anything for the longest time. The closest one finally got the first CW wave in after Christmas.

Cant blame ya there, the cleser one to me has been having the same Ack-Meds and Blistas for months now. Even a few Padme Arenas for twoyears. What gets me is they have clearanced newer figures and leave the Padmes up there. My step son bought the Imp. Officer for 2 bucks right after Christmas, but Padme still hangs on the pegs. :beard:

tgr3328
04-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Mine has all the Ultra figures, but the basic figure pegs have been crammed with 30+ Zam Wesells since right after Christmas!

Silent Chazz
04-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Here we are like 3 or 4 months later and 2002 Saga figures ("Oops, I crapped My Pants Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Bespin Luke, Bespin Vader, Chewbacca, Super Battle Droid, Arena Padme, and a BUNCH of two year old CRAP) are STILL collecting dust. I have spoken to the toy manager and she said they STILL cant move the crap until someone buys something. I helped out and bought a Bespin Vader (my second of this particular Vader) so that I could have a Darth Vader carded on my wall. Wal-Fart is evil!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-05-2004, 02:48 PM
I know this is questionable, ethics-wise, but have you thought about buying them out then returning them a month later if they do get new stuff in?

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I would do that. Was almost tempted to do thatat my store with the 6 padme arenas.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Here we are like 3 or 4 months later and 2002 Saga figures ("Oops, I crapped My Pants Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Bespin Luke, Bespin Vader, Chewbacca, Super Battle Droid, Arena Padme, and a BUNCH of two year old CRAP) are STILL collecting dust. I have spoken to the toy manager and she said they STILL cant move the crap until someone buys something. I helped out and bought a Bespin Vader (my second of this particular Vader) so that I could have a Darth Vader carded on my wall. Wal-Fart is evil!
Is any of it on clearance? This would be a good way for you (or me) to get some more SBDs, maybe for dioramas of the Mace cartoons.

Anyway, my Wal-Mart clearanced the Palpatines to $2, then $1, and I think all of them are gone now. They had the Hoth wave a lot, and the Tatooine wave ONCE, but nothing for a few weeks. They seem to like stocking the LOTR line regularly, even though Frodo, Aragorn and Eomer from the TTT line are pegwarming. I wonder if calling them will do anything?

Silent Chazz
04-05-2004, 10:08 PM
No. The last time Wal-Fart Clearanced anything out here was March of 2003. This Wal-Mart even mistreats the TMNT line. They once had LOTR figures but no longer sell them, the jerks (because Im just now getting into the LOTR figs).

Banthaholic
04-05-2004, 11:46 PM
My Evil Wal-mart was stuffed with Senator Palpatines & Orn Free Taas since '02. Well last month they clearanced them. They had to get down to $1 to finally sell. Now they just have 4 empty racks. Hopefully they soon be stocked with the Star destroyer wave.

Card Dreamer
04-06-2004, 12:20 AM
it's interresting to hear you all complain about the variety of figs you still have to choose from, despite it being so old. My wallys have ONLY had the Endor Raid Han for MONTHS!!!

Masterjedi73
04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
There's a brand new WalMart near me now, and I thought there would be some good stuff....but it's the same old peg warmers that are everywhere else. 6 month to year old figures.

This company is the worst.....

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2004, 10:37 AM
My WM has exactly zero figures (three empty pegs) and it's been that way for several weeks now.

Jay86
04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
The Wal*Mart near me (in Poughkeepsie, NY) has had the same Ack-Med's and Kren Blista's for a while now, but sometimes they do get in some "newer" figures, but I have yet to see anything relatively brand new in the recent weeks

bobafrett
04-06-2004, 07:23 PM
The Wal-Mart I work in must have got a couple of figures returned, seeing the Boda & Feed or what ever the Podrace announcers name(s) are. They also had in a shopping cart a couple of Dodonnas, a couple of TIE fighter pilots, a Lando in skiff disguise, a gold leader (I think), and a Captain Antilles.

Card Dreamer
04-07-2004, 12:26 AM
The Wal-Mart I work in must have got a couple of figures returned, seeing the Boda & Feed or what ever the Podrace announcers name(s) are. They also had in a shopping cart a couple of Dodonnas, a couple of TIE fighter pilots, a Lando in skiff disguise, a gold leader (I think), and a Captain Antilles.
You DID buy those newer ones, right?? :D :confused:

JEDIpartner
04-07-2004, 08:34 AM
You hate your Wal*Mart...? Still?!!!!

Card Dreamer
04-07-2004, 10:45 PM
You hate your Wal*Mart...? Still?!!!!
There is NEVER a reason to stop hating Wal-Mart

Silent Chazz
04-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey, at least your Walmart HAS 2004 Figures (not counting the Hoth Wave). Mine has the Hoth Wave and 2002 figures STILL.

Dr Zoltar
04-08-2004, 01:17 PM
A co-worker who lives near me just got a postcard from Wal-Mart in the mail yesterday. A Super Wal-Mart is being proposed a few miles away from an existing Wal-Mart and they want the public’s opinion on it. But get this, the card gives 3 options for a reply:

1) We fully support the proposed Wal-Mart Super Center.
2) Please keep me informed of your progress.
3) My comments:

Nowhere did it list “No, I do not support another Wal-Mart in my city.”

What’s up with that?

OC47150
04-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Wal-Mart is slowly taking over the world!

bobafrett
04-11-2004, 06:02 PM
I remember when K-Mart and Zayre (sp?) were the stores to shop in my area. Zayre is no longer around, and K-Mart seems to be fading closing 3 out of the 5 stores in my area. Someday someone will come up with a new mega company, and Wal-Mart might fade like the retailers before it.

BTW, some Sears stores have started carrying food items to compete with Wal-Mart.

Card Dreamer
04-13-2004, 01:41 AM
BTW, some Sears stores have started carrying food items to compete with Wal-Mart.
Does that mean Bob Villa is gonna do commercials for Sears food products? :stupid: :crazed: