PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costumes 2003

mabudonicus
09-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Right, rather than try to slap together a full costume on oct 30, I figure I'll get into it early... problem is, I never know what I want to be til it's too late...
Any ideas???
Just keep in mind, the face HAS to be hidden, otherwise I'd just cop out and go as Dengar :)
And what's everyone else doing for halloween??? Any crazy stunts or anything in the works???
I remember a few folks putting up some cool pics last year!!!
Anyways, just starting up a bit early, don't mind me.... I'll prolly be procrastinating furiously on the subject for at least another 2 weeks, regardless

[DSS]Pedr0
09-22-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm taking my nephew, dressing him as Hannibal Lectur, strapping him to a 2 wheeler from work and putting the muzzle on him :D:D then I'm taking 90% of his candy :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2003, 04:14 PM
I'm here at Ohio University in Athens, OH and our Halloween parties are off the hook. Sometimes they attract more crowds than Mardi gras! wohoo!! :D

I decided i'm going as Peter Griffin. Going to buy a pair of glasses, a button up dress shirt and stuff a pillow in there and just do his laugh (which i have mastered!) It's going to be freakin' suhweeeeeeet! :D

Kidhuman
09-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Go as dengar. This way you could get live action footage for those movies.

mabudonicus
09-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Naw. Dengar's the LAST RESORT (read- I'm prolly going with dengar, SO easy to make real quick)
I've been thinking of using real footage, but everything OTHER than Dengar would be the hard part then...

Costumes... I WAS thinking of Galactus some time ago, but I think too much of his face is visible.....

Also, for suggestions, don't worry about complexity, I am quite crafty ....

Rogue II
09-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Go as one of the guys from KISS. The only hard part of the costume is applying the makeup. I dressed up as Paul Stanley one year. My own mother didn't even recognize me.

bobafrett
09-24-2003, 12:01 AM
One year I went as a werewolf with hair glued to my face and a rubber wolf nose and hair on my arms and legs. I drove to work, and as I'm heading down the expressway my cars hose to the radiator blew, and I was stuck along the side of the road in full costume. A state patrol officer pulled up and was looking at me, but never got out of his car. Luckily, some of the guys I work with recognized my car and stopped to give me a lift to work. This Halloween I have to work, so I don't know that I will be able to wear a costume, at least not my full Tusken raider as I drive, and you can't see a thing while driving with the mask on.

2-1B
09-24-2003, 03:16 AM
mabudon, if you're worried about a visible face, why not just wear your Jar Jar mask?

bobafrett
09-24-2003, 11:24 AM
mabudon, if you're worried about a visible face, why not just wear your Jar Jar mask?

Maybe he's going to a party where they ar Jar Jar haters and he doesn't want to get pummeled before the party even starts.

mabudonicus
09-24-2003, 11:40 AM
First, that werewolf story nearly KILLED me....... I'm telling that one for sure.. thanks for posting it.. I may have just tried to forget such a thing ever happened...

Second, the Jar Jar mask..... I'm not afraid of Jar Jar haters (heck, I wear a new kids shirt from time to time and no-one says boo), no one I hang with really cares at all about SW, which is why I come here.....
I'm saving the Binks for the EP III (is that a spoiler:D?)
Besides, it's too hard to drink with the mask on, and it is a serious asphyxiation risk to wear it more than a couple minutes... I wanna put the mask on in the afternoon and not remove it til I come home....
Thanks for suggestions so far.. I'll post a pic no matter what happens!!
\m/

bobafrett
09-24-2003, 11:53 AM
I tried getting into my car the night EPII came out, in my Stormtrooper armor. I had pieces flying everywhere as I tried to get into my passenger seat (my girlfriend at the time was driving). The armor did fit quite nicely into the theatre seating though. I did take my helmet off for the movie.

Well mabudon, you still have almost a month left before the party. Do you make your own costumes? Have you ever considered renting one?

Rogue II
09-24-2003, 11:56 AM
If you go as someone like The Lone Ranger, Zorro, Batman, or Robin, you could wear a mask and not have to worry about asphyxiation. Plus, you can drink with it on.

I got a good Haloween story. My friend(who is 6'-9") was going to a Halloween party, but didn't have a costume. So, he stopped by at a Walmart and bought one of those kids costumes. Wait, it gets better. Obviously, the costume is way too small, so he cuts the bottom out of the costume and wears it like a poncho. He managed to rig a new band on the back of the plastic mask. Yes, he showed up at the party wearing an 8-year old's Wonder Woman costume.

Now, you would think that would deter women from talking to him, but he actually met a girl that night.

bobafrett
09-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Here are a few pictures of costumes I have worn for halloween.

Ist one is the werewolf although not from the halloween when my car broke down. I actually used that same costume for many years until someone said, "oh, so your going as the werewolf again".

2nd is my very simple devil costume. I couldn't find any red leotards, besides I went to work overnights at a 7-eleven, so I wasn't going to pay for anything really complex that year.

InsaneJediGirl
09-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Try a vampire or mad scientist.I've been a mad scientist for about 5 years and its really easy to put together.For an added effect stop by the local slaughterhouse and get a pigs/cow eye and stick it in a jar with water:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Bobafrett- those pics are awesome!! that shot of you in the werewolf costume made it seem much more logical for the cop to stay IN his car. hehhehehhehehe that's awesome!! :D

That story was funny as hell too. :)

LusiferSam
09-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Try a vampire or mad scientist.I've been a mad scientist for about 5 years and its really easy to put together.For an added effect stop by the local slaughterhouse and get a pigs/cow eye and stick it in a jar with water:D

That reminds me of the year I went around with a hand. It was one of those toys you stick in water and it grows. When fully grown the thing was bigger than my hand. So I dressed in black, made little pillow for the hand by folding a black T-shirt and walk around. People would ask me about the hand and I'd tell them my parents send it to me (which was the truth).

InsaneJediGirl
09-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Cool.I've seen those hands,they have a freaky,moldy feel to 'em ;)

mabudonicus
09-25-2003, 08:32 AM
so far so good..

I DO make my own costumes, when I really wanna look cool... last one I made was a couple years ago, I made a full head godzilla out of a few plastic bits and tons of paper machie (dammit) It looked pretty good, but it made my ears bleed cos parts of it were pretty sharp...

I'm leaning more towards Galactus now... I have a tiny silversurfer from Heroclix, I was gonna hang him off of my head (That's my problem, see, I get one tiny detail worked out perfect then have a huge mess of complex junk to figure out just to make the one good bit work)
Arrrrrrgh, I could always be a pirate!!

mabudonicus
10-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Ahhh, back to back posts....

Right, this is for 2 reasons, first to help JBF make the place more halloweenie and second to add an interesting wrinkle to the costume choosing..

Looks like there's a good possibility that it'll be sub-zero here by the end of the month, it's already down in the 40-60 range here (I'm sure that's close, we use celsius so it's more like 10 for Canucks)
A few of my better ideas are out now... I was thinking of going as a member of GWAR, but they're almost naked, no good for winter.....
Any good cold-district use costume ideas??? (Already thought of polar bear and eskimo) Has anyone else ever had a frozen halloween??? It snowed here last year, but not so much that it stayed on the ground, I'm almost certain it'll be worse this year (I sure hope I'm wrong, but it's DANG cold now)

James Boba Fettfield
10-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Ahhh, back to back posts....
Right, this is for 2 reasons, first to help JBF make the place more halloweenie and second to add an interesting wrinkle to the costume choosing..

Thanks!

You mention it being cold, and all I keep thinking of is John C.'s Thing, but that really doesn't translate well to a costume. I'll keep thinking about it tonight, maybe I'll have something pop in the head. Again, thanks for bringing Halloween here, it's certainly the greatest holiday of the year.

Jargo
10-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Think big fat costume and go as a tellytubbie which will keep you warm and the fat costume will provide you with room for secret stashes if you know what I mean. I.E. anything you don't want to actually carry with your hands you can carry in the belly like a papoose sort of thing or inverted kangaroo pouch. If you did the green one you get to do a cool black and white cow skin print top hat. Plus if there's any pushin' and shovin' then you got body insulation from knocks and stuff.
Halloween is done to death on the fright noght theme the really scary stuff is the cute stuff on kids tv.

James Boba Fettfield
10-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Our dear friend Jedi Master Guyute showed me this, and hey, it might keep you warm: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2955265611&category=19255#ebayphotohosting

InsaneJediGirl
10-04-2003, 10:44 PM
$650?Yikes!I hope you get free shipping for that price.

What about going as Bumble the Abominal Snowman.He's pretty cool(to me:D)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2003, 01:17 PM
http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?store_code=hal&screen=PROD&product_code=rub55025

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Check out this one!! AND they have a hook for his hand!!! It looks so authentic!! :D Somebody will buy this though.

el chuxter, lookin' in your direction. :p

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 02:08 PM
That is one *** looking pirate. He looks constipated.

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 02:09 PM
By *** I meant happy and carefree. ;)

mabudonicus
10-06-2003, 03:22 PM
that sure is a nice costume...... can't see Chuxter wearing it, though...... well chux, whaddya say??

IJG- bumble's cool, but that would take too much sewing, which I can't do.....
Although the pirate costume gives me some good ideas.. I don't understand why I didn't think of pirates OR ninjas.....