PDA

View Full Version : Survey/Focus Group

SirSteve
09-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Figures.com (http://www.figures.com) has an opt-in list giving Action Online affiliate sites registered community members a chance to get in on surveys and focus groups that manufacturers want us to do occasionally.

If you opt-in and participate in any, you would be compensated (usually with collectibles - but who knows). They are only going to let a few hundred into this group, starting with any eager registered users who would like to join. I'll probably remove this post within a few days. Feel free to read further by clicking here (http://www.figures.com/surveys/).

Thanks.

James Boba Fettfield
09-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Thank you for sharing this, I'm sure some people here might be interested in signing up.

jjreason
09-23-2003, 12:32 AM
I'm in. Thanks, SirSteve.

2-1B
09-23-2003, 01:58 AM
Giddyup. :)

Jargo
09-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Yeeehaaa! Jargo's in so saddle up posse! :)

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Count me in.

Rogue II
09-23-2003, 12:28 PM
I'm there.

A while back I participated in one of Beckett's Sports cards surveys and they gave me 3 months free of an online price guide.

Lord Malakite
09-24-2003, 06:50 PM
I'm signed up. :D

jpak001
09-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Sweet, I'm in!

Thanks for the info SirSteve!

Dr Zoltar
09-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Me too! :D

Can't wait!

2-1B
09-25-2003, 02:14 AM
So did anybody do a survey yet ? ? ? ?

I got home from work at 1am and had an email from them so I jumped to it. However, I got the email at 6:22 pm and I didn't know if I would get a freebie because it said:

"The first 300 people to respond and complete the survey will receive a FREE figure, with a retail value of $14.99, from a manufacturer of toys and collectibles."

But I did the survey anyway and it sad at the end that I would get my free figure in 3-4 weeks. I'm sure there were at least 300 people to respond within the 6 hours I was gone . . .

We'll see. :)

bobafrett
09-25-2003, 02:20 AM
So did anybody do a survey yet ? ? ? ?

I got home from work at 1am and had an email from them so I jumped to it. However, I got the email at 6:22 pm and I didn't know if I would get a freebie because it said:

"The first 300 people to respond and complete the survey will receive a FREE figure, with a retail value of $14.99, from a manufacturer of toys and collectibles."

But I did the survey anyway and it sad at the end that I would get my free figure in 3-4 weeks. I'm sure there were at least 300 people to respond within the 6 hours I was gone . . .

We'll see. :)

I got that same e-mail, did the survey and got that same message upon completeing the survey. This was about half an hour ago. If I do get something, it will probably be something lame like a 12" Jar Jar!

Beast
09-25-2003, 02:23 AM
I got one in my E-Mail box also, Caesar.

I'm pretty sure that if the survey wasn't closed by the time you did it, that you would have got the figure Caeser. The companies can usually set the surveys to close after a certain number of entries. And all three of us did get the 'You'll recieve it in 4 weeks' thing. We'll compare what we get, if/when we get them. $14.99 value, I'm guessing that it's probably not a toy line that either of us collect. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
09-25-2003, 03:32 AM
I see what you're saying Binks. But I think their "catch" might be to get thousands(?) of people to reply while only giving away figs to a portion of that group.
The latecomers' info is valuable to the study so there is no way they would close it down early.

That's just my guess, we'll definitely compare what (if anything) we get. :)

James Boba Fettfield
09-25-2003, 08:00 AM
I, too, did this survey last night. Interesting survey, I thought, and the idea of something free always makes it better. I got the email for it at 7:25pm last night and I didn't do it until 11pm last night. Yes yes, it did say I would receive the figure within four weeks.

Rogue II
09-25-2003, 08:14 AM
I did the survey last night as well. I wonder what the figure will be.

SirSteve
09-25-2003, 09:54 AM
It is not a Star Wars item...

bobafrett
09-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Hey, just as long as they didn't ask for my credit card information. I had an e-mail from a place that was going to send you a free Mach 3 turbo razor but they wanted my credit card info, supposedly to keep me from ordering trying to get second free one. I doubted the validity of the offer, seeing as it was not from the company that makes those razors.

Is this (toy/action figure) e-mail survey the same as the one this thread addressed?

2-1B
09-25-2003, 12:01 PM
It is not a Star Wars item...

GOOD. Thanks for the relief ! :D

tgr3328
09-25-2003, 04:39 PM
I just finished it myself and got the same message; that I would recieve something in four weeks.

plo koon 200
09-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Did it. Can't wait for free toys. A really good idea.

JediTricks
09-26-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey, just as long as they didn't ask for my credit card information. I had an e-mail from a place that was going to send you a free Mach 3 turbo razor but they wanted my credit card info, supposedly to keep me from ordering trying to get second free one. I doubted the validity of the offer, seeing as it was not from the company that makes those razors. Yeah, that sounds like scamola. What's funny is, the Gillette company sent my mom a free sample razor in the mail a while back but it was the men's razor at the time and it was so good that I kept using it and buying more blades for it until the Mach 3 came out, which I then switched to.

bobafrett
09-27-2003, 01:06 AM
Yeah, that sounds like scamola. What's funny is, the Gillette company sent my mom a free sample razor in the mail a while back but it was the men's razor at the time and it was so good that I kept using it and buying more blades for it until the Mach 3 came out, which I then switched to.

Yeah JT, I got a free Mach 3 Turbo razor in the mail. I was so impressed with it that I wrote a letter/e-mail to the Gillette to sing it's praises. Someone at Gillette wrote me back thanking me for my compliments on the M3T. They went on to say that I would be sent a free razor. I never got the free razor, but klike I sais, instead I got an e-mail about 2 weeks later with the offer for a free M3T, as long as I gave a CC info. I figured it to be a scam and deleted the e-mail offer.

As long as I get my figure from this survey, I'll be fine.

Exhaust Port
09-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Hey, I got a free Mach 3 about 2 weeks ago and love it. Once again they've proven the old rule, give away the razor, charge for the blades. :) I might just start buying the Mach 3 blades.

plo koon 200
09-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Ya, about three weeks ago I got a Mach 3 razor. Even weirder it said Happy 18th, which it was. I wonder how they found it was my 18th birthday. But, yes it is a good razor, they even gave me gel with mine.

bobafrett
09-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Ya, about three weeks ago I got a Mach 3 razor. Even weirder it said Happy 18th, which it was. I wonder how they found it was my 18th birthday. But, yes it is a good razor, they even gave me gel with mine.

Gillette=Big Brother..................and all this time we thought it was the government. :D

James Boba Fettfield
09-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Ok, if the Gilette discussion would please move along to JT's thread in the other section: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21369

Lord Malakite
09-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Got one for my 18th too.

bobafrett
10-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Well, I got a package from UPS today. I couldn't figure out what it was, because it wasn't large enough to be anything I had ordered online, or won at eBay. I opened it up, and there was this figure. I was going through my mind wondering just what this was, who sent it to me, and should I ship it back, or contact the company listed as the sender on the UPS label. Then a light bulb goes off, and I remember doing the e-mail survey. Ding, that has to be it. I won't say what it is for those of you who have yet to get yours. I would like to know once everyone has got their figure, what you got exactly and do you like it!

Beast
10-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Oh come on Bobafrett. Don't keep us in suspense, what did you get. I have a bad feeling with the pricepoint that it was probably something that most of us don't collect. Hopeful more of us will get ours today. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Listen to the Gungan! Maybe some PM's could be sent out, not so subtle hint hint.

tgr3328
10-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Listen to the Gungan! Maybe some PM's could be sent out, not so subtle hint hint.

Yes! For those of us who can't take the suspense, send a PM!

2-1B
10-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Well I got mine today and I have NO IDEA what the hell it is ? :confused:

It came from Ertl Racing Champions so I assumed it would be a stupid Nascar driver figure. Anyway, it wasn't . . . it's completely clear, unpainted plastic and it's this 6 or 7 inch figure of some guy in a spacesuit? And it comes with a rifle and a mounted gun type thing?
It seems pretty well articulated. :) Maybe I'm supposed to paint it myself ? :D

It's WEIRD. :D I have no idea what it is.
In fact, I did a double take thinking it was maybe a race car driver with the helmet and all, but this guy has body armor and weaponry so I don't know what to make of it.

Regardless of what it is or why it's completely clear and see through, it's FREE and it's weird so I like it. :crazed:

I have no digital camera but maybe U can scan it later to get somewhat of an image?

Come on, I need someone to give me the scoop on this!

Beast
10-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Sounds like the clear Master Chief figure from the Halo Toy Line. It's the exclusive mail away figure from Joyride Studios. I'll attach a pic and some information. :)

Also, JoyRide is providing a Special Limited-Time Offer: a FREE full sized Active Camouflage Master Chief! Simply purchase any Halo item between now and 12/31, send in the original UPC code OR receipt and $5 for shipping and handling. For full details, just click HERE.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
10-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Yes indeed, that's exactly it!

Nicely done Binks. :)

Beast
10-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Yes indeed, that's exactly it!

Nicely done Binks. :)
You're quite welcome, Caesar. It's a pretty nice figure, actually. Not very intrested in the Halo line, but it is cool. And to get it normally, you have to jump through hoops. Buy a $14.99 Halo figure, snip the UPC, send $5.00 with it, wait. So basically us Survey guys got $20.00 figures. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
10-04-2003, 12:29 AM
Yep, thats the one I got today. Sorry but I was working just shortly after I posted. I did manage to snap off a peice that looks like it attaches to the rifle. I like it, as it is quite articulated, and stands well on my desk.

jjreason
10-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Im a little choked that I didn't get in on this thing. What did the email look like to join up? I turf off so much that comes into my hotmail account without really looking - it could have gone into Junk Mail for all I know (and probably did as it was a mass mailing, no?) and I missed it. I'll go check my junk right now, but if someone could help me out by at least telling me who sent the message, I'd appreciate it.

2-1B
10-05-2003, 12:55 AM
surveys@figures.com
was the sender in my inbox and the message header was
Survey Team Verification

the actual invite to participate in this specific survey was sent under the header
Figures.com and Action Online Affiliates survey invitation

good luck, Reason. :)

Exhaust Port
10-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Oh man, I haven't gotten mine yet. I've got to keep my eyes pealed for it so the mailman doesn't attempt to destroy the box by cramming it in my minute mailbox.

Beast
10-05-2003, 12:59 PM
It sounds more like it's coming by UPS, Exhaust Port. So no concerns about the mailman trying to cram it in your box. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
10-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Yep, UPS for me as well.

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Got mine thanks to the UPS guy!

Exhaust Port
10-05-2003, 11:03 PM
It sounds more like it's coming by UPS, Exhaust Port. So no concerns about the mailman trying to cram it in your box. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Well that's good to know. The UPS lady is friendly and helpful and has never let a package be damaged. It should be in good hands. :D

2-1B
10-05-2003, 11:32 PM
"if it survived the freezing process, that is."
:D

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Well I just got my figure. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. A very strange item. Oh well, you can't beat the price! ;)

Beast
10-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Just got mine also. Also agreed on the strangeness of it. And the scale is too large to go with any other line I collect. Unless I want a giant cloaking marine fighting Pinhead or the Alien Queen. Hmmm, might look decent next to Beast. ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 12:13 PM
I don't have any figures that are close to the scale of this figure. It's either going to be my 12" Star Wars figures or my World of Springfield line up. I think he'll end up being squashed by the Gamorean Guard. :D ....if he can see him.

jpak001
10-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Nice, I really hope to get this fig for the survey. Halo is an excellent game, and I'd be stoked to have the stealth Master Chief! He would go good alongside the McFarlane stealth Predator IMO :D

I actually bought the Joyride Warthog vehicle (smaller scale, comes with 3 figs) when it came out. If I knew about this promotion I would have clipped the upc & sent for it back when I got it.

......patiently waiting for Halo 2.... :)

2-1B
10-07-2003, 01:19 AM
That reminds me. These figures are made by Joyride but the figure was mailed under Ertl Racing Champions.

Does Ertl own Joyride? :confused:

How goofy of a name is "Ertl" ? :crazed:

Exhaust Port
10-07-2003, 04:29 AM
You're right, give me Galoob anyday. ;)

plasticfetish
10-09-2003, 03:04 AM
... Oh, that Joyride, the same people that are making those cool Mechwarrior toys.

Does Ertl own Joyride?
Yeah ... Joyride (http://www.joyridestudios.com/) is apparently part of Ertl.

I got my "Active Camouflage Master Chief" today and even though I don't play Halo and know very little about it ... I'd say this is a nice figure. Very nice in fact.

jjreason
10-09-2003, 03:26 AM
I never got invited to take part. Damned border...... :D

James Boba Fettfield
10-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Finally mine arrived today. I was getting a little worried, but all is well.

SirSteve
10-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Glad to see most everyone got one. There were only about 300 of them so hopefully most of the regulars here got in.

stillakid
10-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Oh, the Lord works in mysterious ways...

UPS just dropped this stupid toy off and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was. I even emailed the company to make sure I wasn't charged for it somehow.

I guess I shoulda checked THE SOURCE for all my toy information first. That'd be SirStevesGuide.com! :happy:

Exhaust Port
02-07-2004, 08:20 PM
So, any word of another survey for those of us that signed up? I enjoyed the free toy and I'm always interested in getting more things for free. ;)

stillakid
02-07-2004, 11:49 PM
So, any word of another survey for those of us that signed up? I enjoyed the free toy and I'm always interested in getting more things for free. ;)

I just filled out another survey from them a couple of days ago. Mostly it had to do with the Auction.

bobafrett
02-08-2004, 12:36 AM
I just filled out another survey from them a couple of days ago. Mostly it had to do with the Auction.

Stilla, I don't think that was the same survey. The one you speak of was from Hasbro. The one in this thread is buy a focus group, and if I remember correctly covered a wide range of figures, and collecting habits.

stillakid
02-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Stilla, I don't think that was the same survey. The one you speak of was from Hasbro. The one in this thread is buy a focus group, and if I remember correctly covered a wide range of figures, and collecting habits.

Ah, you're right. All I remember from that focus group is the oily crappy "action figure" they sent me. It was put in the circular file soon after.

plasticfetish
02-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I thought that thing was pretty cool, and I don't even play Halo. But it was oily.

2-1B
02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm always on the lookout for another email from the survey group as well. I'm a sucker for freebies. :)

RooJay
02-11-2004, 02:21 AM
I'm always on the lookout for another email from the survey group as well. I'm a sucker for freebies. :)

Hey, yeah! Whatever happened with this thing anyway. There was that one survey that I didn't get to quick enough to even be able to participate and then...nothing. :confused:

Exhaust Port
02-11-2004, 08:27 AM
It seems it was too good be be true and we probably won't hear from them again. Too bad.