PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Advanced Mission Battleship

hellboy73
09-23-2003, 01:27 AM
Star Wars Advanced Mission Battleship

Anyone know what this is, it's listed on the Amazon/Toys R Us site!
The box size is big, and price of the playset/vehicle is $45.00.

plasticfetish
09-23-2003, 02:19 AM
I hate to say it, but I think you're looking at a Star Wars version of this ...

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.9427/dn/default.cfm

Sith Lord 0498
09-23-2003, 07:33 PM
I hate to say it, but I think you're looking at a Star Wars version of this ...

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.9427/dn/default.cfm

That's exactly what it is. It is a pretty cool game though. You choose either the Dark Side or the Light Side and have ships corresponding to both (Sith Infiltrator, Slave 1, Falcon, Mon Calamari Cruiser, Jedi Starfighter, etc.) In addition, you have three game modes--one of which allows a limited number of weapons like long-range scanners, concussion bombs, etc.

Overall, it's a fun Star Wars version of a classic game.

But I'd suggest getting it at your local KB Toys. They only want $29.99 for it.

plasticfetish
09-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Ahhh, I have the older version of this game ... I was gonna ask "what's the difference?" ... but, I see you say it has ships from the prequels also.

Hmm, we lost the instructions/code book to the old game, and the thing's next to worthless ... might be time to step up to the new one.

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 11:07 PM
I got one on clearance for Suncoast Video for around $15. But that was a long time ago, like around the time the EPII came out on DVD.

jedi master sal
09-25-2003, 11:16 AM
I got one on clearance for Suncoast Video for around $15. But that was a long time ago, like around the time the EPII came out on DVD.

I just pick one up myself at KB's for $19.99

They had more left so everyone check your local KB's if you still want one.

The price of $19.99 is great, IMO. (Of course $15 would have been better but still it's better than the $50 some were originally calling for it.)