PDA

View Full Version : UCS Snowspeeder pictures at FBTB

Sweden
09-23-2003, 05:43 PM
The “so called” official pictures of the “Ultimate Collector’s Series” Snowspeeder are now available over at the “From Bricks to Bothans” website and being a 1457 piece set or parts galore Mr. Tim Saupé has been given some rather strange information about this new set.

I quote:

“pay attention to that piece count – this is larger then the X-Wing Fighter and almost twice the size of the T.I.E. Interceptor)”

End quote.

There’s no way at all that this information possibly could be true as it’d be gigantic then.

When I counted the so called “studs” I came to the conclusion that the Snowspeeder roughly is in the same size range or so as the T.I.E. Interceptor or an approximate “1:28 scale” and there’s no way at all that were getting a two foot model of the Snowspeeder for just $129.99.

Another good evidence for the Snowspeeder being in 1:28 scale and the very same size as the X-Wing Fighter and the T.I.E. Interceptor is that the stand is in the same size as the ones for these two models as a gigantic two foot Snowspeeder model would dwarf that kind of stand.

It wouldn’t be able to hold it anyway…

According to the information “I got” from LEGO Shop at Home here in Europe regarding the box size for the Snowspeeder that’s 57,6 cm (23 inches) wide, 38,4 cm (15 inches) high and 9,6 cm (4 inches) thick there’s no way that the box contains parts for a two foot model at all.

I mean, sure the “Ultimate Collector’s Series” Snowspeeder in 1:28 scale would be a rather huge set but something in the size of two feet wouldn’t be far off from the size of the Rebel Blockade Runner and a Snowspeeder of that size would be a monster model so no way.

Anyone is welcome to correct me if I’m totally wrong.

Kindest regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

Battle Droid
09-23-2003, 05:50 PM
“pay attention to that piece count – this is larger then the X-Wing Fighter and almost twice the size of the T.I.E. Interceptor)”

I think he means bigger in piece count, since he says pay attention to the piece count. :D

Sweden
09-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Battle Droid, you might have a point on that one but in that case I’d written “Pay attention to that piece count that are higher then the one for the X-Wing Fighter and twice as high as the one for the T.I.E. Interceptor” as his choice of words are bound to be totally misunderstood.

I saw that someone on his forum had interpreted it the same way as I did.

Anyway, a must have in my collection and I hope there will be a B & Y-Wing Fighter as well.

Kindest regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.