PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace: Paul Ens Chat!

Pendo
09-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Are your unanswered Episode III queries keeping you up at night? Do you wonder what the deal is with starwars.com? Perhaps Paul Ens -- Director of Lucasfilm Online and a member of the Lucasfilm Marketing team -- can help.

Now's your chance to ask the number one fly-on-the-wall here at Lucasfilm probing questions regarding Skywalker-based Ep. III pre and post-production activities.

You may recognize Paul from his work on the tell-all documentary R2-D2: Beneath the Dome.

In addition to your Ep. III questions, feel free to ask about the upcoming release of The Adventures of Indiana Jones Complete DVD Movie Collection and the re-launch of Indianajones.com.

He'll also field questions about hockey and the joys of being a Canadian living on California soil.

Join Paul Ens from Big Rock Ranch on Friday, September 26, 4:00 p.m. Pacific time (7:00 p.m. Eastern time).

I don't know what to ask him, but I may tag along to see what's said :). Anyone got anything you want me to ask just post :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-24-2003, 11:30 AM
I don't know what to ask him, but I may tag along to see what's said :). Anyone got anything you want me to ask just post :).

PENDO!
Ooh! Ask him about hockey! :rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
09-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Um...ask him...if we will see royal guards fighting. He probably won't answer that but its worth a try. I may be too late in posting this, if so just disregard.

Pendo
09-27-2003, 07:03 AM
Here's what was revealed (unfortunatly I couldn't take part in the chat :():
- He SORT OF confirmed a lava planet/location.
- We get our first look at the new villain next year :).
- We will see why Kenobi thinks Ani is the best starpilot in the galaxy!
- I'm now worried that Sidious is a clone :sur:. Someone asked for confirmation that Sidious is not a shapeshifter or clone, and Paul only replied that he is not a shapeshifter.

PENDO!

plo koon 200
09-27-2003, 10:01 AM
If Sidious is a clone then someone really needs to give Lucas "the talk" behind a dark alleyway.

tagmac
09-27-2003, 09:51 PM
The only way I will accept it is if Sidious is a clone, but is being used by Palpatine simply to "camoflauge" himself. The true Emperor MUST be the Palpatine we all know as Chancellor, or else Lucas really has some explaining to do.

TheDarthVader
09-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Noooooo! Sidious can't be a clone...he just can't be! Please George, don't do it! There will be enough surprises! I promise!!!

Pendo
09-28-2003, 05:17 AM
I suppose the Sidious being a clone thing goes back to my post here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=280988&postcount=46) where I asked what the point in keeping the Sidious/Palpatine thing a secret if they're not the Anakin/Vader thing. Looks like him being a clone is the answer :mad:!!!

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Hopefully, he only said that so he wouldn't outright confirm that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same. Hopefully. :cry:

INDIANA
09-30-2003, 04:55 PM
I said last year that I thought that the only way Palpatine could be in a room with the leading members of the Jedi cousil and have them NOT SUSPECT A THING was if Palpatine was the clone. Sidious is the real guy in power, pulling all the strings. Palpatine was the clone with no force powers of his own and thus no real suspicion to put on him. It would also make sense that you could not clone force powers. If you could, why didn't the Confederacy have an army of Dooku's, or even better Maul, truely under Palpatines control?

Of course when I suggested this, other forum members with WAY too much time and their hands shot me down like I was an idiot.

Time will tell.

Pendo
10-01-2003, 03:09 AM
I said last year that I thought that the only way Palpatine could be in a room with the leading members of the Jedi cousil and have them NOT SUSPECT A THING was if Palpatine was the clone. Sidious is the real guy in power, pulling all the strings. Palpatine was the clone with no force powers of his own and thus no real suspicion to put on him. It would also make sense that you could not clone force powers. If you could, why didn't the Confederacy have an army of Dooku's, or even better Maul, truely under Palpatines control?

Of course when I suggested this, other forum members with WAY too much time and their hands shot me down like I was an idiot.

Time will tell.
But the dark side is clouding the Jedi's force ability, enabling Palpatine to be in a room with them and not know a thing.

I think the reason Palpy didn't want an army of Dookus or Mauls was because he wanted complete control over them. If he had an army that was too powerful they could have easily over thrown him.

PENDO!