PDA

View Full Version : Warning...falling Cranes...

Co Jo-Da
11-28-2001, 02:16 AM
Many posts have hinted at this for a while, so I decided to make a thread.

During the Final Battle against Count Dooku (Darth Tyrannus) in the Geonosis Hangar, Anakin and Obi-Wan fight fierce but are out gunned by the dark one. Dooku is rumored to fight with two curved sabers and is able to keep the brave Jedi’s off balance.

After a long duel (ala TPM) Dooku is able to knock Obi-Wan out for the count (still don’t know how), leaving Ani all by his lonesome. But Anakin doesn’t back off, he grabs Obi-Wan’s saber and charges in with both (BLUE & GREEN) sabers. As the two slug it out both lose a saber (Anakin loses the GREEN one and Dooku loses one of his).

Now here’s where it gets really interesting, we have seen a fair amount of footage of Anakin and Dooku (both with one saber each) fighting under Dooku’s really cool looking ship and from the looks of it, it’s a even battle. But Dooku has an ace up his sleeve; he backs Anakin up, catches him off guard somehow and gives him a big taste of FORCE LIGHTING (as seen in the Mystery Trailer). Than Dooku drops a huge crane down on Anakin and possibly injuring or cutting off his right (or left) arm.

But than Yoda shows up to save the day. (FOR HE’S A JOLY GOOD FELLOW, FOR HE’S…Sorry, lost my head they’re for a second)

I’m wondering what you all think about a few things:

1) How does Master Obi-Wan Kenobi get knock out of the fight?

2) Is it possible for Anakin will fight Count Dooku with two sabers?

3) Does anyone buy Anakin losing an arm in the fight?

4) How AWESOME is it to see the MASTER, Master Yoda in real combat?

Please, post away and let me know how you think/hope the Final Fight scene of the film go.

LTBasker
11-28-2001, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
1) How does Master Obi-Wan Kenobi get knock out of the fight?

2) Is it possible for Anakin will fight Count Dooku with two sabers?

3) Does anyone buy Anakin losing an arm in the fight?

4) How AWESOME is it to see the MASTER, Master Yoda in real combat?

1) Maybe Dooku uses force throw to throw debris at him or maybe he gets his head hit on the wall from a force push.

2) Yeah, why not. I think they may have picked up the idea from the Twi'Lek sith lord from the game Jedi Knight, you have to fight him and he's got two lightsabers. Take a bit of training for something like that, but it sounds reasonable.

3) Well it would probably explain the robotic arm.

4) Yoda would be awesome to see kick butt. Just thinking of a scene like that makes me vision the scene from Muppet Treasure Island when Kermit goes up against Long John Silver in the end battle, lol.

bigbarada
11-28-2001, 08:15 AM
I think there is plenty of time for Anakin to lose his arm in the battle between him and Obi-Wan in Ep3. In the first draft of Star Wars, the character who eventually became Anakin had lost all but his head, one shoulder and one arm in a lightsaber duel. Maybe Vader's injuries are that severe.

I can't wait to see Yoda in action!!:cool:

Co Jo-Da
11-28-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I can't wait to see Yoda in action!!:cool:

I know...He's going to kick Dooku's A@S but the dark one still gets away.

derek
11-28-2001, 04:34 PM
i for one, can wait to see yoda in action. i dread even the thought of this.

in regards to anakin losing his arm or hand, i think it's a good idea. it will draw a parallel to luke's loss in episode 5.

xboywonder
11-28-2001, 04:39 PM
I have to agree... Yoda in action sounds like a bad idea...
I can only picture what looks to be pretty silly.

Co Jo-Da
11-28-2001, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by xboywonder

At first I was happy to hear that Yoda will be in a fight scene... I first pictured Yoda standing still or not moving very much, using the force to keep Lord Tyrannus completely off balance (Yoda after is a Master of Peace and won't kill unless completely necessary). But than I heard some Spy Reports that have Yoda flipping and flying through the air like a Kung Fu Master. I'm still not completely comfortable with this idea but I don't hate it, like I use to... I still would prefer to see Yoda fight like he teaches (meaning when Yoda pulled Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp), using the force to it's limits.

As for Anakin losing his arm or hand in battle... It's kind of a double edged sword, yes it would have major foreshadowing to what Vader does to Luke but it's also lacks originality because it's the exact same kind of thing that happen in Empire Strikes Back.

Jargo
11-28-2001, 07:48 PM
I kind of worry about what kind of message George is sending out in a kids movie that says if you pis people off you're gonna get your arm, hand or head cut off. how many kids will take ceremonial swords off the fire mantle wall and decapitate friends in mock battles after seeing the movie? sounds far fetched but you bet it'll happen somewhere. Some kids arre gonna think it's okay to use blades to sort out arguments. I wouldn't call star wars a kids movie at all and if george tries to shoe horn kids stuff in it isn't for the kids it'es simply to amuse himself and his staff. This is an adult movie with adult themes and adult battles.any other description is ill concieved and irresponsible. Sorry if I sound too conservative and fuddy duddy but I really can't tolerate george's utterences to the contrary any longer.

Co Jo-Da
11-28-2001, 09:22 PM
Emperor Jango, I agree that many kids could take what they see on the screen out of context and I know that many kids will see this movie. But remember that the next two Star Wars Episode's will be much much darker than the other films, GL even said so him-self.

PARENT'S BEWARE...MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CHILDREN UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S A MOVIE AND IT'S NOT REAL. THE NEXT TWO STAR WARS FILMS WILL BE MORE GEARED TOWARDS THE OLDER (ADULT) FANS...

LTBasker
11-28-2001, 10:21 PM
..and when the toy lightsabers come out Hasbro will probably include foam neck protectors with some lame sound chip built-in that sounds like it's getting short-circuited by water.

I dunno where the whole Jango loses his head stuff came in...but how can that be proven to be in the movie if no one has actually seen E2? If it was in like a priated copy of the script someone got or somethin, remember things can change at the last second in scripts. I dunno where all that stuff started, but I'd say it sounds a little far-fetched.

Jedi Clint
11-28-2001, 11:39 PM
It came from the storyboards. Sure it can be changed, but it sets Boba Fett's character up nicely for the rest of the saga, as he supposedly witnessed the decapitation. The storyboards only show Mace slashing downward, and Jango's helmet bouncing off into the sand on the arena floor. It isn't really that far fetched for something like this to happen in a SW film..........just ask Dagobah Vader ;).

GNT
11-29-2001, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by xboywonder
I can only picture what looks to be pretty silly.

If ILM does a great job in making Yoda fight then the scene will be great but if they get lazy they'll make it really bad,which I expect to happen :(

Co Jo-Da
11-29-2001, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
It came from the storyboards. Sure it can be changed, but it sets Boba Fett's character up nicely for the rest of the saga, as he supposedly witnessed the decapitation. The storyboards only show Mace slashing downward, and Jango's helmet bouncing off into the sand on the arena floor. It isn't really that far fetched for something like this to happen in a SW film..........just ask Dagobah Vader ;).

Don't forget the DVD web site pictures of Jango on the arena floor, in his fight with Mace Windu...

Jargo
12-21-2001, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
yeah but the vader scene was just a dream sequence and shot that way. By the sounds of it this battle will be brutal. We're gonna know that the head is still inside the helmet and with decapitation the brain is still alive for quite some time. A deacapitated person knows they've been decapitated for a full two minutes. Imagine the horror of that, imagine looking at your own headless body as your brain slowly dies..........

As for the crane and Yoda thing, the lego sets we've seen pictures of that are coming out next year show yoda with a crane type of thing. It's hard todecipher what lego have built because the blocks diminish the designs so much but it doesn't look to be too big compared to yoda so unless the crane is lifting something heavy that drops I can't see te crane being a problem for any Jedi to lift if it fell on them. I imaginr that Yoda is included in this sequence to interact with Dooku and extrapolate on his past and his jedi training. Maybe Yoda chastises him for being such a baddie and giving in to the dark side. We know how Yoda loves to chastise and generally be a killjoy....

Co Jo-Da
12-24-2001, 08:22 PM
I really like Count Dooku using Force Lighting to keep Ani pinned down to the ground and than the huge CRANE comes crashing down on him. Leaving only Yoda to kick some serious Sith A@S.

MAN I JUST CAN'T WAIT...

Darth Rage
01-03-2002, 06:05 AM
I think Yoda is to small to use a lightsabre, he'll probably use force lightning to fight his battle... :cool:

Obi-Don
01-04-2002, 12:23 AM
I see no reason for Yoda not using a lightsaber,he is the master.

hamsterboy
01-04-2002, 12:41 AM
I would think Yoda would use the Force to remove the crane. As for Anakin losing his arm,I thought I read somewhere that the Emperor had Vader's hand cut off after the Death Star got blown up. Then again, Lucas likes to screw around with what came before Episode I.

mabudonicus
01-08-2002, 03:06 PM
A long time ago (sorry!) I read that anakin would be completely turned to the dark side in the last battle. Would this happen in the falling crane scene as described, or am I just way off?Could anakin just say "see ya" at that point, leaving yoda to stand there looking disappointed, or what?

Aurra Sing's Undies
01-08-2002, 03:18 PM
My understanding is that Ep. II ends with the marriage of Anakin/Padme, with few attending. This would be where we have the behind the scenes conversation between Mace and Yoda, similar to Episode I, the question to be resolved in Episode III.

Another mirror of the original trilogy, Anakin loses an arm at the elbow. This would be the part two-hero dismemberment scene.

This info comes from credible individuals, for what that's worth.

Jargo
01-08-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't think Anakin turns anywhere in this movie. He won't do that until Dooku reports what happened to Palpatine. palpatine notes how pwerful Anakin is and in episode three we get to see the tempting and the turning. This movie is all about other temptations and distractions and the growth of Anakin into a powerful Jedi. I suppose we could speculate on which of the seven deadly sins Anakin will give in to...

pride, covetousnous, lust, envy, gluttony, anger and sloth.

Here's something for the kids, make a chart and tick them off as you watch the movie in May...... :rolleyes: sorry.

Co Jo-Da
01-09-2002, 11:33 AM
I agree EJ, I think we'll see Anakin as a powerful but troubled Jedi in training (he might make it Jedi Knight at the end). After his long battle with Anakin, Dooku is impressed with the young Jedi and tells his Master Palpatine. Palpatine will than devise a plan to turn Anakin to the Dark-Side if Count Dooku fails him (or not)...

Out of the seven deadly’s, I'll go with PRIDE, ANGER and then GREED in that order to turn Anakin to the Dark-Side...