PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 most anticipated games of 2003

Hellboy
09-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Well its that time of year again when most of the years best video games get released and as usual there are a ton of promising titles scheduled to come out between now and Christmas. Unless you're unempolyed or you play games for a living its doubtful you'll have time to play everything you would like to. So I'm wondering what are the TOP 5 GAMES you're looking forward to the most and will make a point to purchase or rent?

My list in no particular order would be:

-Prince of Persia: Sands of Time: X-box
-Deus Ex: Invisible War: X-box
-Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy- X-box
-Need for Speed Underground: X-box
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: GameCube

Rogue II
09-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Gran Turismo 4 -PS2
Simpsons Hit and Run -just bought it.
Tony Hawk's Underground
Star Wars: Rebel Strike- Gamecube
and a NHL (game to be named)

DewMan37
09-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Half Life 2
Doom 3

That's all I'm waiting for. (Both on PC, btw.)

mrmiller
09-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Well, not 200but my list of most anticipated games goes-

1. Halo 2
2. Halo 2
3. Halo 2
4. Halo 2
and 5. you guessed it Halo 2

:happy:

=MATT=

Lord Malakite
09-25-2003, 12:47 AM
The biggest game I'm looking forward to is Rebel Strike. :D

CooLJoE
09-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Only one problem with a few of those "wants"

Halo2 and Doom3 are both due out in 2004. Infact Halo 2 isn't scheduled til like 3rd quarter of 2004 and Doom3 is set for 2nd quarter.

I'm looking forward to Halflife2 and Halo PC. And hopefully Stalker will be out this year. (all PC titles)

chrisc
09-25-2003, 08:26 AM
1. Rebel Strike
2. Halo 2
3. Rebel Strike
4. Halo 2
5. Rebel Strike

Rogue II
09-25-2003, 09:17 AM
I wanted to pre-order Rebel Strike to get the bonus disc, but the game comes out on the day I am moving. :mad: So now I am have to wait until sometime in November or December to get it. But it looks like it is worth waiting for.

I'm looking forward to Halflife2 and Halo PC. And hopefully Stalker will be out this year. (all PC titles)

Gamespy says that Half Life 2 is being delayed. It was due out Sep 30, but now they are saying closer to the holidays.

James Boba Fettfield
09-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Being the Batman: TAS fan that I am, I am looking forward to Batman: Rise of the Sin Tzu on GC the most. A Jim Lee co-created villian in a video game, I can't wait to play it.

Hellboy
09-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Being the Batman: TAS fan that I am, I am looking forward to Batman: Rise of the Sin Tzu on GC the most. A Jim Lee co-created villian in a video game, I can't wait to play it.

I might check this out too but most Batman games straight up suck so I'm not holding out to much hope. I heard this game is much like the old school Final Fight beat-em-up series but is super difficult even on the easy setting. The cool thing is you also get an exclusive Batgirl figure w/this game.

BTW Halo 2 is scheduled for a 1st quarter 2004 release and to the best of my knowledge that hasn't changed. Either way I don't care as long as they get this game right and it is hands down the game I'm looking forward to more than any other. If you haven't seen the demo I highly suggest you check it out it'll have you drooling with anticipation. :cool:

DewMan37
09-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Only one problem with a few of those "wants"

Halo2 and Doom3 are both due out in 2004. Infact Halo 2 isn't scheduled til like 3rd quarter of 2004 and Doom3 is set for 2nd quarter.

Eh.

There isnt a set release date for Doom 3, there never has been. Anyone who says it is coming out on so-an-so day is lying. When it's done, it will be released.

I know that Halo 2 will be coming out sooner than that, it was up for pre-order for at least a month or so.

Good point on Stalker, I had forgotten about that.

Sentinel18725
09-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Obviously like everyone else, I'm waiting for Rebel Strike.....but also Commando's 3 by Eidos. If you haven't tried it, try Commandos 2. I LOVED IT! It was even better than the first two Commandos which I thought were excellent.

sith_killer_99
09-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Well, I'm really not into video games, I own like 4 video games right now. But I am a huge Doom freak! Unfortunatly, D3 keeps getting pushed back.

However, from what I have read and heard Doom 3 will be awesome!!!

CooLJoE
09-28-2003, 02:17 AM
Eh.

There isnt a set release date for Doom 3, there never has been. Anyone who says it is coming out on so-an-so day is lying. When it's done, it will be released.

I know that Halo 2 will be coming out sooner than that, it was up for pre-order for at least a month or so.

Good point on Stalker, I had forgotten about that.

I never said a specific day for Doom 3, but the approx. time frame is what is the going word these days.

Also, being on pre-order for a month means NOTHING. I've had Final Fantasy XI (MMORPG) on pre-order for more than a year and a half. And its only now coming out in October. Never go by when a game is up for pre-order as it means jack. I always thought Halo 2 would be out this christmas or early 2004, but I was shocked when I learned it was looking to be 3rd quarter of 2004.

DewMan37
09-28-2003, 06:40 AM
The thing is, the going word is wrong. iD has said nothing about a possible release date, anyone that says otherwise is making stuff up.

CooLJoE
09-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Yes, but thats why I state its the going word. I never said its official or that ID said it.

chrisc
09-29-2003, 09:46 AM
I played the prview of Rebel Strike in Walmart today and was like Holy S$%#T
It was excellent. Killing AT_AT's was great. I love the new way of fighting on foot.

master jedi
10-05-2003, 04:07 AM
The only games that I'm excited about right now are Rebel Strike and Halo 2. The first Halo is the greatest game I've played in a long while. Though I don't play many video games. :p

Anakin2121
10-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Half-Life 2 was going to be out on September 30th, but it's been delayed to a "Holiday" release.
2003 was to be the year of the shooter sequels, with both HL2 and Doom3 out, and now we may be getting neither of them! :(

I'm looking forward to Max Payne 2 and Deus Ex: Invisible War, though. :)