PDA

View Full Version : NECA: Freddy Vs. Jason 7" Figures Coming!!

Beast
09-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Randy from NECA/Reel Toys just posed the news over at the Asylum Forums. Kick arse, I wanted a pair of really good Freddy and Jason figures. And the McFarlane Figures were lacking heavily in my opinion. And I didn't want 12" dolls, as I wanted to fit them in with my Hellraiser/Horror figures. Well, Neca is aiming to please. I can't wait to see the sculpts on these. Especially since 'Tankman' did them. :cool: :D

Freddy Vs. Jason Action Figures From NECA:

We have been keeping this one quiet for a while now but I figure it is time to share the good news with you guys first.

Coming in early 2004
Freddy vs. Jason Action Figure 2 pack
Size 7" scale (in scale with Hellraiser)

These figures will be packaged together with a diorama base that can be separated for displaying them alone or you can join the base together for the big face-off. We are working in some very cool features that are directly from the movie so you can re-create your favorite moments from Freddy vs. Jason.

Sculpts are being handled by Kyle "Tankman" Windrix.

We have documented the "making of" which we will begin to share with you soon.

Expect to see images of the painted prototypes before Halloween...

Spread the good news...

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
09-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Nice! Neca is doing some great stuff, I can't wait to see pics of these.

Darth Jax
09-24-2003, 10:56 PM
first we finally get hellraiser. then an all horror channel. now a new set of film favorite horror figures. for too many years the horror genre has been overlooked. can't wait to see pix and have these figs on my shelf.

Beast
10-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Pictures of Freddy and Jason are up now. Wow, these kick major arse. I can't wait to get these figures into my hot little hands. Only complaint I have is Freddy looks a bit to bright, but that could be due to the flash. Damn NECA is so kicking McFarlane's arse. I'll attach a few pictures, but head over to the link to see more. Wow. :)

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=875&password=&page=1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Woooo, he is going to have a interchangable demon Freddy head. Kick arse! Wait, it almost sounds like he'll get three heads? Does that mean we'll get a Robert England head? And Jason has a removable Mask. I'm geeked! :D

NECA: 2004 Preview: 7" Freddy Vs Jason
Posted by adrian on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 02:17 AM GMT

Nomad takes a look at the upcoming 7" Freddy Vs Jason figures from NECA that will be coming your way in the early part of 2004...

Freddy VS Jason..Freddy stands 7" with interchangable heads..One regular, one demon and one we will torment you about till you send me a slurpee. Make it a LARGE.

His hat is removable. Jason will be about 8" with a removable mask. Can you see behind it now? NOOO!! It wasn't shown in the movie, but we were told it will be a special feature on the DVD..so you'll have to wait till these ugly muggs hit the stores to take a peek.

These are due out in early 2004.
http://action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9923&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2003, 12:52 AM
JJB- HOLY CRAP!!! Those look AMAZING!! Looks like the ole' JMG is going to have to dish out the $$ to buy two of those for sure!! Holy God, that looks awesome!! thanks JJB!! :D

Beast
10-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Neca's official site did a quick update today, with some professionally taken pictures of the set. It definatly the was the flash that caused the Freddy to look so light skinned. Plus Tankman did say the face was painted quickly to get it done for the Toy Expo. He said he's gonna snag one and do a full paintjob on it and post it up later today. But here's a nice picture of the 2-pack. And the first picture of the 'Demon Freddy' Head. :D

FYI,

Freddy's paint will look quite a bit different on the final piece. You may have noticed that we have a bunch of new figures coming out and can probably imagine the intense schedule we have set up in order to get as many accurate pieces out as possible. The schdule impacted the overly bright color that we got for Freddy. The contrasting colors slightly distort Freddy's head. I will take some pictures of the unpainted version and paint one up this afternoon of how it will actually look. It will take a couple of hours so be patient. Again, thanks for the compliments!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2003, 02:07 PM
JJB- dude, did you see the pics of the new Crow figure and that hellraiser figure from the NECA preview?!?!? I think these figures are whooping up on Mcfarlanes arse. I cannot wait for these figures!!! Thanks for more picture goodness!! :D

mrmiller
10-22-2003, 06:18 PM
JJB- dude, did you see the pics of the new Crow figure and that hellraiser figure from the NECA preview?!?!? I think these figures are whooping up on Mcfarlanes arse. I cannot wait for these figures!!! Thanks for more picture goodness!! :D

We need picks JMG! Don't hold out on us.

=MATT=

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Heheheheheheh Sorry, ok, here you go! :D (pics thanks to figures.com & Bloody Disgusting) Cheers! :crazed:

Edit: the pics i put up are too small to see much. Check out the link

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=878&password=

k, sorry! enjoy!

Beast
10-29-2003, 05:47 PM
NECA posted up two more pictures of the Freddy and Jason from the 2-Pack. Damn these look sweet. Hoping to see more of both characters from Neca in the near future. Since there are a couple other versions of both that could be made from their respective franchises. :)

The Battle of the Century

There have been many unforgettable battles in the past 100 years.
Ali VS Frazier.
Tyson VS Holyfield.
"Tastes Great" VS "Less Filling".

Above them all stands the most recent and most anticipated battle ever: Freddy VS Jason.

This past summer, the world got to witness the battle theatrically. Soon the world will be able to experience the battle on the home front, but we're not just talking on DVD here. NECA is proud to show some more shots of our upcoming Freddy VS Jason action figure set. You might want to get yourself some paper towels because these pictures, taken by Nicolle Puzzo, will leave you salivating with anticipation.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
10-31-2003, 09:06 AM
I finally saw this movie this wednesday (wednesday was the release day here in france) and now I definitely need these two figures! Jason looks so awesome (and accurate) and the freddy looks very similar to Robert Englund, nice likeness
can't wait to get these :)

Beast
11-17-2003, 04:16 PM
NECA updated with more information and pictures of the Freddy vs. Jason figure set. Looks very sweet. Freddy has a removable hat and interchangable normal and demon heads. And Jason has a removable hockey mask, and interchangable right hand w/ decapitated winking Freddy head. They're also doing a limited edition statue set of the 2-up figures. They're only doing 650 of those however. :)

http://www.necaonline.com/fvsj/
http://www.necaonline.com/fvsj/fvsj2.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-11-2004, 11:53 PM
More new pictures, and some news from NECA regarding not only the 7" Freddy vs. Jason set, but also the 2-Up statues, and an 18" FvJ Freddy. And possible 19" FvJ Jason at some point. Here's a link to the pictures, as well as some info from a couple posts by Randy from the horror board I'm on. :)

Freddy vs Jason Action Figures Deluxe Boxed Set
Expected in stores late Feb/early March
Should retail for around $25

Freddy vs Jason Resin Statue Set from 2-UP Models
Limited to 650 pcs
Over 2 feet in length, Jason is 15" tall and Freddy is 13.5" tall
Expected in stores March
Should retail for around $300

18" Freddy Action Figure w/ Sound
Expected in stores in April
Should retail for around $35-$40
Speaks 4 different phrases and comes with 2 heads!

New Blood Jason does not technically go with Freddy they are not in true scale with one another. Freddy is about 18" and is made in "scale" with the collection of other 18" figures on the market. You will be happy to hear that our Freddy is more true to scale than the "giant" released a few years ago.

I weighed this decision heavily before deciding the final size. I hope that somewhere down the road we can do a FvJ version of Jason that would be 19" or so and would be to scale with the new Freddy.

Freddy will have 2 different heads, the demon and regular heads. He also features a ball joint inside the wrist of his gloved hand and "speaks" 4 killer new phrases/sounds that should please every fan.

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys
http://www.action-figure.com/Article10676.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
01-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Well, I think I've got a new toy on the wishlist!

Beast
01-19-2004, 05:13 PM
We have pictures of the 18" Freddy Figure:

NECA presents the first look at their next 18" Action Figure The 18" Freddy Krueger Action Figure w/ Motion Activated Sound features a first for an 18" figure - 2 interchangeable heads! Freddy includes a regular Freddy head w/ removable hat and a Demon Freddy Head. Fully poseable with articulation at the neck, shoulders, forearms, waist, wrists and ankles. He even features a ball jointed wrist on his gloved hand. Freddy "speaks" signature movie phrases including:

"Welcome To My Nightmare"
<Evil Laughter>
<The noise of his blades scratching/tapping>

Available April 2004 at Specialty Stores everywhere!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
01-19-2004, 05:44 PM
We have pictures of the 18" Freddy Figure:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That looks awesome! Didn't McFarlane have the Freddy license? That sculpting is just as good as McFarlane.

Beast
02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
The first part of the 'Making of' feature has been posted over on Neca's official site:

http://www.necaonline.com/fvsjnews3.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Part two of the 'Making of' feature is now up over at Neca's official site. Including a tease of Jason's unmasked face. Don't expect to see much more until the set is released however. Neca's making you wait. :)

http://www.necaonline.com/fvsjnews4.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I expect the unmasked face to look something like this attachment.

Beast
02-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Part 3 of the making of is up now. The figures are looking damn nice. And they should be in stores soon. Oh, and something very very intresting. There's been some strong rumors that NECA's secured Sir Anthony Hopkin's likeness to do a Silence/Hannibal/Red Dragon line. And right behind Jason's machete in the last two pictures is a new sculpt of Hannibal Lecter. :)

http://www.necaonline.com/fvsjnews5.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-24-2004, 09:17 PM
I've seen what Tankman can do with the likeness of Anthony Hopkins, so I do not doubt how great Hannibal would turn out. I could put the figures on display with the Thomas Harris novels....I have a thing for Hannibal ;)

Beast
02-24-2004, 09:59 PM
I hope it comes to pass. I really would like a Hannibal Trilogy line. :)

Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal Lecter in Orange Prison Jumpsuit w/ Mask
Clarice Starling
Buffalo Bill
Barney

Hannibal:
Hannibal Lecter in Italian Suit
Clarice Starling (#2)
Mason Verger
Paul Krendler w/ Removable Skullcap

Red Dragon:
Hannibal Lecter in Jumpsuit
Will Graham
The Tooth Fairy
The National Tattler Guy (Forget his Name)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I really like your list, Mr. Binks. Frankly, we've been without Hannibal Trilogy figures for too long and we've got even longer without an action figure of Thomas Seymour Hoffman! I had been hoping for a "Punchdrunk Love" or "Big Lebowski" line, but my hopes were dashed. :crazed:

Are these FVJ sets popping up yet? They should be; i can't wait to snag mine! :D

Edit: might i suggest a playset for Hannibal? How about a playset:
"Clarice's dining room" w/ Clarice in dress, Hannibal in suit, and Paul Krendler with removeable head action!! eh eh eh!!! :p

James Boba Fettfield
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
The National Tattler Guy (Forget his Name)

That would be Freddy Lounds.

I do not really care to see any of the normal figures, like Starling or Graham.

Mason, Francis, and Jame. I'd gladly go for their figures, but I'm not sure how I would want to see Jame done. Francis would have to be without a shirt for sure. His tattoo needs to be shown.

But if all that came about for this line was Hannibal, then I would be satisfied.

Beast
03-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Neca's official website have updated with boxed pics of the 18" Freddy figure. Looks pretty sweet. And there are hopeful plans for a later 19 1/2" Jason from Freddy Vs. Jason as well. :)

http://www.necaonline.com/noesnews1.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm seeing that online stores are getting these in reportedly on March 15th, so these should hit actual stores very soon. I'm still debating if i want to get one to open and then one to keep MOC. I'll prolly use my new credit limit on my SW credit card and just get two. :crazed:

Beast
03-07-2004, 07:23 PM
There's a review up now, for the Freddy vs. Jason 2-Pack. Which should start turning up in stores any day now. It also includes the first pictures of the unmasked Jason. Looks pretty bad arse. :)

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_030804a.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Well, suprise suprise suprise. Neca's Con Exclusive for this year has been revealed. And it's none other then the Springwood Slasher himself. Freddy Krueger before the fire. He also comes with a burned hand and head, for regular freddy, his hat, and the doll from the beginning of FvsJ. Cool beans. :)

Before The Fire

Before the scent of burned flesh hit the air, The Springwood Slasher was a twisted sociopath who serially tortured and killed children. The neighborhood parents of Elm Street took justice into their own hands and made him the dream walking, teen slashing, burn victim we all know as Freddy Krueger. This summer NECA is proud to bring to you Fred Krueger, The Springwood Slasher Exclusive Action Figure. Available direct from NECA at this Summer's San Diego ComiCon, Wizard Chicago, and Monster Mania, NJ this Exclusive figure will feature the unharmed Fred Krueger's head as well as come with the alternate Freddy (Burned) head and hand. It will also come with Freddy's hat and a rag doll from a scene in the beginning of Freddy Vs. Jason. This is going to be a very popular item, so if you have the chance to get it, do it! Every horror fan is going to want to have one of these!
http://necaonline.com/noesnews5.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
05-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Well, now that makes two SDCC exclusives that I really want (the other is the Kill Bill one). Funny that they're both NECA exclusives.

Looks like there might be a good chance I'll be going to the con this year.... It'll be my first time if I do.

2-1B
08-08-2004, 12:50 AM
I picked up the FvJ 2pack last week at a convention and I love it ! It took me long enough to get one. :D

I'm all over that exclusive Fred Krueger figure - I just hope I can secure one !