PDA

View Full Version : Official Site previews the new 2004 figures

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Apparently there will be a small line of figures based on the Clone Wars animation. They will be Target exclusives.

They also have the pictures for the Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), R2-D2 (with Drink Tray) and R1-G4. Artoo's drink tray and serving arm are removable. The sculpt appears to be based on the ever popular Artoo-Detoo with Leia Hologram sculpt.

Pictures of the new Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise), Shawda Ubb, J'Quille, Elom, Luke Skywalker (Hologram), Jabba the Hutt and a three pack featuring B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabba****e will be posted next month.

Click the link to see!!!

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/09/news20030926.html

rherk
09-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Holy!!! I love the new Luke Jedi! WOW!! Star Wars looks to be back!

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 08:45 AM
Holy!!! I love the new Luke Jedi! WOW!! Star Wars looks to be back!
I know the folks who aren't fans of the soft goods cloaks are gonna make cracks at it but the head sculpt is probably one of the best Mark Hamill likenesses I have seen in this scale. I hope they don't muck it up on the production copies.

rherk
09-26-2003, 09:03 AM
I am normally a fan of plastic. However, it looks good. I am satisfied. I can't tell whether the cloak is black or a dark brown. I hope it is a dark brown.

Jaff
09-26-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of softgoods because the softgoods clash with the details of a given figure. But lately Hasbro has been getting really good intergrating soft good characteristics: Yarael Poof is a very good example. The new Luke is very exciting. His soft good cape is reminicent of the vintage Luke, and he is going to be cool! The thing that excited me the most was R1-G4 and the list of upcoming quarter 2 figs. J'Quille, and Elom!!!!!!!!!

DarthBrandon
09-26-2003, 09:30 AM
I like the look of most of them except R2-D2 and Garindan, I don't think we needed another version of Garindan so soon, I would much rather have seen something that has not been produced. (i.e. Cloud Car Pilot) R2 will be great for those who want to build the Barge Diorama, but for me something just doesn't sit right with him and I can't put my finger on it yet. I also hope Luke's Jedi cloak will not be so bulky looking when he hits the pegs.

rherk
09-26-2003, 09:30 AM
This is an exciting time to be into Star Wars toys! I must say, the begining of the Saga line was very upsetting. Preposed and action features with less quality plastic figures made me focus on other toy lines for awhile. But it's apperant that Hasbro is listening to it's fans.

A new Lando Skiff! Awesome! Now if only they made a new Luke and Han Stormtrooper, I'd be in Star Wars heaven.

I just hope when ep. 3 roles around, Hasbro doesn't start getting crazy again. Don't change a good thing.

Bravo.

AmanaMatt
09-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Well, as a non fan of soft goods, I cannot really complain - when the cloth makes sense, fine. I have no issues with the new Jedi Luke, and as someone stated, it has a very vinatagey feel - could not ask for more. All in all, a very cool announcement

Battle Droid
09-26-2003, 09:34 AM
AWESOME, to bad I'll never be able to find them.. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Gracias for the link!! These figures look great! :D

I don't know how I feel about the "Target Exclusive" figures though. Those should be REALLY fun to find. :rolleyes:

evenflow
09-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Finally, after about a year, I can say that I am once again excited about my true love, Star Wars. I am so pumped for Jabba the Hutt. This news of the 3 pack with Bubo rocks, all the aliens mentioned, all so awesome. I just hope that they finsih up the Rebo band and that Yarna Da'l Gargan finally gets made. Awesome news!!!!!!!!

droidekas2
09-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Wow!! Great announcements! J'Quille and elom. Freaky aliens. Love it!

Cant wait to get R1-G4.

Wol cabba****e kinda sticks to the wall so do you think the figure will come with part of an arch from J's place? I mean if they make the bugger he cant just lay there on the floor, his main bit was hanging up in the corner sticking out his tongue. Could be very interesting.

I am so excited about this Jabba's Palace wave, though I am still hoping for Yarna to be released. This is the perfect spot and time for her.

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 09:53 AM
I like the look of most of them except R2-D2 and Garindan, I don't think we needed another version of Garindan so soon, I would much rather have seen something that has not been produced. (i.e. Cloud Car Pilot)...The Garindan is part of the 12" line... not the 3.75" line. Have they made Garindan in that scale before now? I just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to be talking out the side of my head! :rolleyes:

I am so excited about this Jabba's Palace wave, though I am still hoping for Yarna to be released. This is the perfect spot and time for her.I think that's the entire wave from Tatooine and Jabba's palace right there so I have a feeling ol' chubby chick's not gonna be made in 2004.

Jaff
09-26-2003, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=JEDIpartnr]The Garindan is part of the 12" line... not the 3.75" line. Have they made Garindan in that scale before now? I just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to be talking out the side of my head! :rolleyes:

Garindan has never been made for the 12" line and I am eccstatic to get him! He is the most exciting announcement since the 12" Gamorrean Guard. Bring that snitch on captain! :crazed:

Stemp Fester
09-26-2003, 10:33 AM
R2 and R1 look awesome, definetely ones to preorder...

I propose that this version of R2 be known as... Bar2-D2!

Rogue II
09-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Luke and the R1 are pretty nice. I'm a little worried about R2, even though it says "This version of R2-D2 has a removable drink dray, fitting and arm extension and display stand."

And check back next month to see the next Wave of 2004 3 3/4" figures from Jabba's Palace including Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise, Shawda Ubb, J'Quille, Elom, and Holographic Luke Skywalker, as well as the next release of Ultra figures including Jabba the Hutt and a three pack of B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabba****e.

Wow. Heck of a list.:D I may be spending money on Star Wars again. Being a classic trilogy only collector, I haven't been buying much since early 2002.

sith_killer_99
09-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Well, I have to admit, my excitement for collecting has been steadily rising over the last few weeks. Mostly due to the fact that I have been able to find stuff, I think. I now have more Clones than I know what to do with:

loose:

1 3 pack (White)
2 3 packs (Blue)
2 3 Packs (Green)
1 ARC Trooper (from 2 pack)
1 Plain White Clone (Bonus from 2 pack)
1 Yellow Clone (Bonus from 2 pack)
1 Blue Clone (Bonus from 2 pack)

added to my loose:

4 Preview Clones
2 Red Clones
2 Clone Pilots

And more on the way! Super Articulated Clone!

Now we are getting a new mini line (EU, Flashback, SOTE, POTF2 CommTechs, etc.) I like when Hasbro does these. It adds a little something new to the mix.

Add that to the possibly STELLAR line-up of great new Tatooine characters, especially ALIENS and the long awaited R2-D2 with drink tray!

plo koon 200
09-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Holy smokes we aer getting a lot of cool Jabba's characters. The Bar2-D2 is awesome. I'm worried about the R1-G4, despite it being like #1 on my list. I'll have to see it in person.

plasticfetish
09-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Wow!

Great stuff all over ... amazing. The Luke looks perfect to me, I love the soft cloak (wouldn't have it any other way), articulation and sculpt ... brilliant. Droids, droids, droids ... R2 and (oh, man!) R1 are great.The 12" stuff is super ... well, I dunno about the choco-jawas ... but Garindan and Obi-Wan are very nice. I'm even pretty excited about the idea of the CW animation figures ... a little variety to spice things up.

Can't wait to see pics of the other stuff! Really exciting!

Turambar
09-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Holy smokes! I'm excited! can't wait for these figures!!

Banthaholic
09-26-2003, 12:59 PM
Bartender R2 is going to rock. I'm glad to hear about Holo Luke, always part of my want list as well.
The 3 pack, sounds like a good way to get two smaller characters that still will fit well in Jabba's scene. I'm curious if B'Ommar Monk will be a new version, if not a good way for people that didn't get one the first time around.
R1-G4 is just too plain cool for words, wow! I can't believe we're getting this guy! Rock on!

Kidhuman
09-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Good looking fis. Cant wait to find them.

Beast
09-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Wow, really nice pictures and even nicer announcements. The Luke: Jedi is something we've heard about for a while, and have already seen pictures of. R2-D2: Bartender is freakin' awesome, I've been waiting for them to finally do him for ages. And the fact they used the Commtech R2-D2 figure for the start was great. And R1-G4, just a beautiful figure. Nice to see another Fan Choice loser turn out so well.

The announcements for the Jabba's Palace wave are intresting. A new Lando: Skiff Guard is great, I didn't think the POTF2 one was all that bad, but I always welcome a new one. Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) we knew about, can't wait to see him though. J'Quille is an awesome announcement, as he's been one I've wanted to see for a long time. Same with Elom. Glad to see the waves arn't going to focus on re-sculpts as originally rumored.

Another Luke: Jedi Knight? That's a bit crazy. Cripes who would have thought after Luke Jedi not being made for a while, that we'd get 3 of them in less then a year. Though the fact that it's the often requested Holographic Luke: Jedi will really help complete scenes. So I doubt many will complain. I know that I won't be complaining.

The 3-Pack is very intresting. Hopefully they re-tool the B'Ommarr Monk to be more movie accurate. The droid/monk in the movie didn't have the giant bulbuos spider behind as was portrayed on the original figure. Bubo and Wol Cabba****e are nice additions as well. Though is Wol just going to lay on the ground, or will he come with a support structure? I think the Door Droid, or Worrt would have been a better choice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
09-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Wow.

In a word, Wow.

R1-G4 looks to be simply fantastic!
I have wanted this guy forever. . .
I feared all hope was lost after his
defeat to that big banana in the poll.
And he's not even deluxe, just basic.
He's going to be as authentic as FX-7!

Bar-2D2 indeed does look sweet.
I've been clamouring for him
even long before the 12 inch.

Garindan. I really can't wait for this guy!
He just looks awesome. . .

Oh, happy day in Star Wars land.

DarthBrandon
09-26-2003, 02:08 PM
The Garindan is part of the 12" line... not the 3.75" line. Have they made Garindan in that scale before now? I just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to be talking out the side of my head! :rolleyes:

I think that's the entire wave from Tatooine and Jabba's palace right there so I have a feeling ol' chubby chick's not gonna be made in 2004.

Again allow me to retort, 12" or 3 3/4" I still would rather have seen a new droid, cloud car pilot, new Jedi figure, etc. Something new or at least had a little more screen time than a few seconds.(yes I know the cloud car pilot doesn't have that much screen time, but he hasn't been made in either size.) I first saw the images (Jawas, Ben, Garindan) from one of the comic conventions and thought to myself, well we already had the Jawas, then Ben like two or three times, plus we now have Garindan a figure who is seen less than most of the characters that need to be made. I would have liked to have seen a Lobot, Royal Guard on it's own, Piett, Beru, or maybe some figures from the prequels. That's just me I guess, the cloud car pilot in any size would be welcomed because it wasn't made yet. Next time I'll pick the size of the figure I'm talking about. :D

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Yeah! Next time pick on some size your own one! :stupid:

:confused:

;)

:D

El Chuxter
09-26-2003, 02:16 PM
JAWAS!!! JAWAS!!! I LOVE ME SOME JAWAS!!!!

Coolest creatures ever. :happy: Completely different style from the old 12" scale Het N'kik figure (okay, he was called just plain Jawa), so it's hard to compare. I loves all three of 'em.

I don't even need to look at the smaller figures. Those Jawas make me happy. Maybe I should revive my "Jawa God of Thunder" avatar, or make a new one. :rolleyes:

(BTW, Orko is just a flying Jawa with no legs.)

mylow thehutt
09-26-2003, 02:27 PM
:) i'm a littel rusty so can some one please post some movie pics of Shawda Ubb, J'Quille, Elom, B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabba****e.

plo koon 200
09-26-2003, 03:10 PM
I did not comment on Luke Holo but this figure is very high on my list. And yes pics of Jabba's denizens would be welcomed as I can't remember a couple of the people. Thanks.

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 03:20 PM
:) i'm a littel rusty so can some one please post some movie pics of Shawda Ubb, J'Quille, Elom, B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabba****e.See if this link will work.

http://www.galactichunter.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Saga&Number=44659&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

There are some pics there if you scroll down to the fourth or fifth post.

evenflow
09-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Shawda Ubb (Rappertunie) we knew about, can't wait to see him though.
Jar Jar Binks

I didn't realize they were the same character, now I am even more pumped. I was worried that he was not actually goign to come out. More awesome news.

Val Da Car
09-26-2003, 03:25 PM
The B'oMarr Monk is the spider-esque droid in the background of ROTJ but I have no idea about the other figures....btw BoShek used to carry monks to and from Tantoone before he recommended Obi Wan to talk to Chewbacca in the Cantina....(that was on the BoShek card back - POTJ)

whoot...very cool announcements indeed.

Beast
09-26-2003, 03:27 PM
:) i'm a littel rusty so can some one please post some movie pics of Shawda Ubb, J'Quille, Elom, B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabba****e.
Here you go. There's a picture of Wol in the other thread especially about him. I'm trying to find a better one of J'Quille at the moment. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
09-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Cool figures!The Luke is very Vintage-esq and looks nice,probably the best headsculpt I've seen in awhile.Bar2-D2 looks good,I'm just wondering if the tray will actually stand up like that.R1-G4 was unexpected here,but I'm glad to see it.The next preview sounds great:)

I'm interested to see the "Animation-Style" Clone Wars figures.I'm picturing something like the Expanded Universe or Justice League.

LTBasker
09-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm interested to see the "Animation-Style" Clone Wars figures.I'm picturing something like the Expanded Universe or Justice League.

Considering they'll be using probably very little weathering to make them cartoony-like and solid paints, I think the best example is the 2002 Saga figures. ;)

All this stuff looks great though, can't wait. Hope we get an uncloaked look at Luke soon though, I know we did in some pictures of a slide show, but they weren't all that clear. R2 looks sweet, glad they finally got around to using the Hologram Leia mold, just hope the tray and arm are well removeable.

Emperor Howdy
09-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Man o man....Jedi Luke looks great! Could Hasbro finally have gotten it right!?! Time willl tell. R1? It just keeps getting better.

..except for the Obi-Wan. It really looks a lot like my dad. :(

No really. :(

Like it kinda freaks me out. :(

Mom? :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2003, 05:04 PM
:eek:

HOLY CRAP! This is awesome!!! These Luke and R2 figures look to be, finally, the best versions of the characters. Thank God they remembered the blue dome stripe this time. R1-whatsit looks good too. I cannot wait for those new Jabba's Palace figures, though . . . awesome!!!

mark2d2
09-26-2003, 05:56 PM
PS ---- I can't get over how cool R1-G4 is going to be!

PS 2 -- I kind of am digging the new generic interlocking
stands, too. I think they are an interesting touch.

Beast
09-26-2003, 06:22 PM
You know, I was just thinking of something in the announcements. The way it's worded by the announcements, there's a possibility we could get the Dais after all. :)

...the next release of Ultra figures including Jabba the Hutt and a three pack of B'Ommar Monk, Bubo & Wol Cabba****e.
If they package the Monk, Bubo, and Wol on a Ultra Figure card, they could easily package the Dais along with them. None of them are overly large figures. Especially if the Monk has his legs off in the package. This would be a very easy way to handle getting the Dais out there for us. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mista_carrot
09-26-2003, 06:42 PM
These figures look great! However, R2 looks like he's based on more recent astromechs and not the Holo Leia version...and this leads to my growing concern about the proportions of astromech figures--the bodies have become too long.

--Start short rant--
Holo R2 was perhaps the last astromech to have pretty good proportions; he looks a bit stubby which is how he should look. But if you look at every astromech after that R2, you'll see that the body has been getting longer and longer and closer and closer to the ground. Compare any of the newer astromechs to a photo of the actual prop and the difference is obvious. Long rant short, they either need to shorten the astromech bodies or widen them up to get the correct proportions. The 1/6th scaled astromechs seem to have perfect proportions, so why can't they do the same with the smaller scale?
--End short rant--

Anyone else a stickler for these things like I am? :crazed:

Anyhoo, I still love the new figures. :)

TheDarthVader
09-26-2003, 08:43 PM
They all look great to me! Definately looking forward to R1-G4. This droid is one of my most anticipated figures! I will buy the three pack and one of each of these figures.

The announcement of a Holograph Luke is thrilling. :crazed: I love holographic figures and this one promises to be awesome! :)

jblodgett
09-26-2003, 10:45 PM
I think the Luke Jedi looks pretty good- but what gives with the LEFT HANDED POSE????????

You are never going to be able to have him hold his lightsaber in that weak right hand. And please someone tell me WHEN did Luke EVER hold his lightsaber in his left hand? Oh, that's right, he didn't.

Lame.

Rogue II
09-26-2003, 10:55 PM
I think the Luke Jedi looks pretty good- but what gives with the LEFT HANDED POSE????????

You are never going to be able to have him hold his lightsaber in that weak right hand. And please someone tell me WHEN did Luke EVER hold his lightsaber in his left hand? Oh, that's right, he didn't.

Lame.

Well, he is holding a blaster in his right hand. :crazed: Besides, it is just a promo picture. I'm sure the blaster and lightsaber are removeable, so you can arrange it anyway you want. :D ;)

Hellboy
09-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Holo R2 was perhaps the last astromech to have pretty good proportions; he looks a bit stubby which is how he should look.

I agree, and even though he's not a perfect R2 he's the best produced so far IMO. I've noticed the trend with the longer bodies as well and I'm not to thrilled about it either. :(

JediTricks
09-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Honestly, all these OT items have started to fuel something deep within my spirit which I thought Hasbro and other SW-related situations had snuffed out: hope. I still have no faith in Hasbro, but my interest in SW figures has started growing again with the OT figures out now and coming soon - this announcement has actually pushed that into a spark of "excitement".

However, with the "hope" and "excitement" comes a tempering of past lessons learned, 2002 and 2003 Saga lines were nearly the death of SW figures for me, Hasbro basically put out lots of product I wasn't interested in and the few pieces I was were poorly distributed thanks to Hasbro's complete ineptitude (I know what Hasbro says on the issue, but I think that's shortsighted nonsense). Ultimately, when I have this new Luke Jedi in my hands, that's when I'll be exicted about it (unless Hasbro screws up the paint or something, then I'll be livid ;)).

BTW, Hasbro's claim that Luke has "multiple points of articulation" sounds really dumb. EVERY figure has multiple points of articulation! :D Even stupid salt-shakers like POTF2 Royal Guards have 2 points, ah duh! It doesn't look like the vest is removable tho', I hope my eyes are wrong about that.

Anyone else a stickler for these things like I am? :crazed: I am, and I agree, the bodies are too long now and the center legs are on posts that are too long as well. IMO, no R2 figure has ever come even remotely close to the 12" scale versions, which are 10 times closer to being screen-accurate than any 4" scale version ever. Drives me BONKERS because Hasbro is able to produce other droids to near perfection but totally dumps with our astromechs.

RussUAE
09-27-2003, 07:56 AM
Wow, I have not been so excited about forthcoming figures in quite some time.

Out of all of the forthcoming Saga line that we have seen, so far I think all of them are fantastic! There is not one I am not stoked about!

Ok, the Ahmed Best one isn't exactly exciting - but nice enough, everything else from the Imp dignitaries to the new announcements make me so pleased to have stuck by my collecting.

Favourite is R1-G4 from the current pics!

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 01:42 PM
WOW, Everything looks great Hasbro!!! R1 ROCKS!!

sith_killer_99
09-27-2003, 05:32 PM
I would also like to, once again, point out that we are seeing yet another "fan choice" loser made here.

The conspiracy continues, I still maintain that Hasbro intends to make most, if not all the figures from their "polls". If anything Hasbro is using these to test which figures have the least desire among fans, and then toss 'em off the drawing board.

BTW, kudos on the Holo Luke, I really like the holographic figures!

Beast
09-27-2003, 05:38 PM
I would also like to, once again, point out that we are seeing yet another "fan choice" loser made here.

The conspiracy continues, I still maintain that Hasbro intends to make most, if not all the figures from their "polls". If anything Hasbro is using these to test which figures have the least desire among fans, and then toss 'em off the drawing board.

BTW, kudos on the Holo Luke, I really like the holographic figures!
Of course they'll likely make them sooner or later, unless they're really obscure, SK99. Especially as time goes on, they scrape more and more the bottom of the barrel. After all, they do have to cost them and run them by the lawyers to make sure they don't have any nasty rights issues to run into. The only ones I can see them likely never doing is Nym and the Rebel Soldier in Imperial Scout Trooper Disguise. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
09-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Everything looks great.

I am most excited about J'Quille and the great attention being payed towards Jabba's Palace.

Still want?

- Sgt. Doallyn
- the droid
- Herme Odel
- Woof (vintage line's Klaatu)
- maybe (Yarna Dal Gargon)

And then when the time comes, the Mos Eisley Cantina dudes I've been waiting so long for:

The Given (Elis Helrot)
Arcona Hem Dazon
Gotal Feltipern Trevagg
Abyssin Myo
Bryzzzt Tvzzzit
Sauran
Dannick Jerikko (Anzati)
Bom Vimdim (Advoze)

But Hasbro just announced a very exciting assortment and my wallet's burning!

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 05:45 PM
The only ones I can see them likely never doing is Nym and the Rebel Soldier in Imperial Scout Trooper Disguise. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks yeah what's with the Rebel in Scout disguise? Was it in the film or was it EU?:confused:

Beast
09-27-2003, 05:51 PM
yeah what's with the Rebel in Scout disguise? Was it in the film or was it EU?:confused:
It's in the film, but the majority of the scene was cut. You can see the Rebel in the Biker Scout outfit standing outside the bunker when Han and company run in. And later after all the rebels are captured, you can see him standing with the prisioners with the outfit on, and the helmet off. He's also got his hands on his head. He also appears laying dead once the Ewoks pop up and the battle starts. So friendly fire or heroic death? We may never know. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 06:11 PM
It's in the film, but the majority of the scene was cut. You can see the Rebel in the Biker Scout outfit standing outside the bunker when Han and company run in. And later after all the rebels are captured, you can see him standing with the prisioners with the outfit on, and the helmet off. He's also got his hands on his head. He also appears laying dead once the Ewoks pop up and the battle starts. So friendly fire or heroic death? We may never know. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks Oh very cool, I'd like to see it made! I guess I need to take another look at ROTJ, I can't believe I missed it, I only has seen it 1000 times.:crazed:

Beast
09-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Oh very cool, I'd like to see it made! I guess I need to take another look at ROTJ, I can't believe I missed it, I only has seen it 1000 times.:crazed:
It's one of those easily missed things. I don't recall when I first noticed it, but I was amused by it. The only problem with Hasbro doing the figure, is that during the Fan Choice poll they said he wouldn't have a removable helmet. Likely due to how small the helmets are, he'd either come off like a pinhead. Or he'd look like he was wearing a massively oversized helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 06:23 PM
It's one of those easily missed things. I don't recall when I first noticed it, but I was amused by it. The only problem with Hasbro doing the figure, is that during the Fan Choice poll they said he wouldn't have a removable helmet. Likely due to how small the helmets are, he'd either come off like a pinhead. Or he'd look like he was wearing a massively oversized helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks LOL, I guess it would be cool to come with some extra guns and maybe some endor gear.

sith_killer_99
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Yet another thing to love about the OT. I never noticed it either.

After 2 decades we're still noticing new stuff!

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Yet another thing to love about the OT. I never noticed it either.

After 2 decades we're still noticing new stuff! Isn't that freaking awesome. Man I'm going to cry when it's all over:cry:, no really.:(

JEDIpartner
09-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Don't cry... you'll still have your toys and your friends. :happy:

I just can't help but be completely excited about this news. The pics are awesome. I just had to come back for another look!!! :D

Turbowars
09-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Don't cry... you'll still have your toys and your friends. :happy:

I just can't help but be completely excited about this news. The pics are awesome. I just had to come back for another look!!! :D Thanks bro that means a lot.;)

JangoFart
09-29-2003, 02:43 AM
Um....

Am I the only one that noticed that the new Jedi Luke has no black glove on his right hand?

This is ... wait for it ... getting out of hand! :)

J

Beast
09-29-2003, 02:47 AM
Um....

Am I the only one that noticed that the new Jedi Luke has no black glove on his right hand?

This is ... wait for it ... getting out of hand! :)

J
He shouldn't have one. He's a Jabba's Palace version of Luke: Jedi Knight. Luke ditches the vest and wears the glove only after getting his hand shot by the Skiff Guard on Tatooine. In fact he's putting it on as they're on the way to Dagobah. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
09-29-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks bro that means a lot.;)Well... just because there aren't any new films doesn't mean we still can't talk Star Wars and share life with the people we met here! :)

And... yeah, I was going to say the same thing about the glove issue. He didn't get shot yet! :D

JangoFart
09-29-2003, 01:22 PM
He shouldn't have one. He's a Jabba's Palace version of Luke: Jedi Knight. Luke ditches the vest and wears the glove only after getting his hand shot by the Skiff Guard on Tatooine. In fact he's putting it on as they're on the way to Dagobah. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
You are 100% correct, JJB. For some reason, I was picturing that gloved-hand taking the blast, not a bare one. But, I was wrong.

J

bobafrett
09-29-2003, 02:01 PM
I don't know why I didnn't check this thread out earlier, but after seeing the R1-G4 droid, I'm excited! I loved that droid, but figured they would never make him. Good job Hasbro, keep them coming.

Luke, do we really need Another Luke?

JEDIpartner
09-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Another Luke? This version...? Absolutely!!

aceguide
09-29-2003, 03:26 PM
They look great. Now - let's see how they fare getting to retail...

Beast
09-29-2003, 03:26 PM
There's still a couple Luke's that need to be done, or re-done to make me totally happy on the Luke frontier. :)

A New Hope:
Luke Skywalker: Tatooine w/ Poncho
Luke Skywalker: Stormtrooper
Luke Skywalker: Medal Ceremony

Empire Strikes Back:
Luke Skywalker: Medical Recovery Robe
Luke Skywalker: Snowspeeder Pilot
Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Training

Return of the Jedi:
Luke Skywalker: Endor Poncho w/ removable helmet

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2003, 04:18 PM
There's still a couple Luke's that need to be done, or re-done to make me totally happy on the Luke frontier. :)

A New Hope:

Empire Strikes Back:

Return of the Jedi:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Of course, the poncho version needs to have one that comes off to reveal a wondrefully-articulated DSII version of Luke, with binders and everything. :)

Beast
09-29-2003, 04:40 PM
Of course, the poncho version needs to have one that comes off to reveal a wondrefully-articulated DSII version of Luke, with binders and everything. :)
Indubitably. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
09-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Luke, do we really need Another Luke?

Normally, I'd totally agree with you. (I haven't bought a Luke in ages.)
And yet I am totally jonzing for this Jabba Palace Luke . . .
He just looks amazing. The cloth cape is a nifty vintagy touch.
Heck, even the Hoth Luke works so well with the wampa.

Star Wars is back! Although nothing even comes close to matching
my level of excitement about R1-G4. Never thought that would happen.

Turambar
09-29-2003, 07:29 PM

A New Hope:

Empire Strikes Back:

Return of the Jedi:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hopefully we will see all of these in the years to come.

JEDIpartner
10-01-2003, 08:23 AM
We can only hope! I passed on a lot of the POTF2 stuff when it came out because it was so bloody ridiculous looking (Dagobah training... Snowspeeder pilot...). I couldn't agree with you more.

badtaste
10-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I swear J'Quille and Elom will share the same body, just like the Imperial Dignitaries.

Jargo
10-04-2003, 10:35 AM
Star Wars is back! Although nothing even comes close to matching my level of excitement about R1-G4. Never thought that would happen.hur hur hur :dirty-laugh: even better than an R2 eh mark? :evil:

JEDIpartner
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
I just received a note from KEBco stating that they will be adding some new figures to Club Members' orders in the next couple weeks. This new batch of figures will include: R1-G4 w/Jawa. So... it looks like we will be getting another Jawa figure in the coming year.

I thought that was kinda cool.

Simdog
10-08-2003, 10:43 AM
I swear J'Quille and Elom will share the same body, just like the Imperial Dignitaries.

The character J"Quille is abouot 6'6" and Elom is very small so I doubt they will share the same body ala Dignitaries. Hasbro is more efficient than ever now in terms of details. I don't think so.

mark2d2
10-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Wow. I sure hope this is true, Jedipartner!

As if R1-G4 isn't cool enough as it is,
now he's going to have a Jawa Pack-in?

Beyond awesome. Let's hope it's a re-pack
of the excellent Commtech Jawa from the Gonk!
(if not a new sculpt. . . )

My only question is I wonder why this was not
included in the offical R1 photo?

JEDIpartner
10-08-2003, 11:14 AM
It probably won't be a new sculpt... and we'd seen Jawas before, so maybe they didn't feel the need to show it. *shrug* If it is an old sculpt, I am hoping for the CommTech one as well. Anyhow, that's what the vendor list showed, so I am happy. :happy:

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Yes a Jawa is good. Even more bang for the buck. It seems like they are trying to make the R1-G4 on the same competitive level for $5 as the Ephant Mon. This is only a good thing.

TheDarthVader
10-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Cool! I hope this is true...an extra Jawa and R1 for only $5.00! This is great news, definitely a great value. Can't wait to buy these new figures!

Hellboy
10-08-2003, 02:44 PM
While another Jawa is always welcome I'd prefer it be a new sculpt rather than a repack. Preferably the tall Jawa we see outside the Sandcrawler during the sale of the droids. All this new stuff really makes me want that Sandcrawler now.

mark2d2
10-08-2003, 03:03 PM
While another Jawa is always welcome I'd prefer it be a new sculpt rather than a repack. Preferably the tall Jawa we see outside the Sandcrawler during the sale of the droids. All this new stuff really makes me want that Sandcrawler now.

Oooh . . . . . . the freaky Tall Jawa would indeed rock.

I still think it will be one we already have as it's just a pack-in.

Then again, the last Jawa was a pack-in and look what we got.
The Best Jawa to date. The commtech version. . .
Maybe Hasbro will surprise us. :D

And for the love of God, release that blasted Sandcrawler already! ! !

Turbowars
10-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Thats cool news about the Jawa!! I hope to see some of the other droids from the crawler, like the mining and treadwell (other than Beru's). There's a few that they could through in a 3 pack. I never thought we would get a R1 and now we are, life is grad isn't? Though I can care less, but the sand crawler has to be crawling just around the corner.:)