PDA

View Full Version : TRU Silver Clone Trooper Promotion?

force
09-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Does anyone have an idea of when the TRU silver clone trooper promotion is supposed to start, or is it still a go???

plo koon 200
09-26-2003, 11:49 AM
I would say it is a go. It is still in the air but they have a packaged sample made. Some sources say that it might not be released but some way or another I'm sure it will be released just based on the response from previous silver figures.

evenflow
09-26-2003, 04:09 PM
It will probably happen sooner or later. I just wish that it was a red Vac-metal Royal Guard instead.

Banthaholic
09-26-2003, 04:32 PM
It will probably happen sooner or later. I just wish that it was a red Vac-metal Royal Guard instead.
I've mentioned that as an a figure I'd love to see. Especially if they could add red highlights to it, like they did blue on the silver R2

Colonel Jack O'Neil
10-04-2003, 12:51 PM
I saw a stall at a sci-fi fair today selling 3 of the sample Silver Clone Troopers for 85 each, was tempted but I just know if I had bought one then it would come out like next month for 10 lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Yeah, then my TRU could finally get rid of the 9,000 royal guards they have rotting on the pegs. ;)

Turbowars
10-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Some cool pics of Clone carded front and back at the GH. The opened clone looks kind of like a dude took a pre-view clone and shot some cheap paint on him. Oh wait it was some dude from China. I'll get it, but The silver thing should end, or get some better figures to dip in Silver. I would have liked it better if they where chromed.

plo koon 200
10-07-2003, 07:59 AM
I agree Turbowars, either chrome them or stop them. The TF Vader was enough. I know many people didn't get the TF Vader so there is an excuse for Silver R2. But Silver FETT and Silver Clone are not any good compared to the first two.

kool-aid killer
10-07-2003, 09:52 AM
If its done like the R2 silver figure i will probably get it just to say i have it but if i dont get one i wont have a hard time sleeping either. I would like to see a silver Gamorrean though im pretty sure im the only one who thinks that would look cool.

force
10-07-2003, 09:59 AM
A couple things...

I talked to a TRU Manger recently and he said even thought he had not heard anything about it from corporate that just as the silver r2 was tied to their Big Book Promotion there was a good chance that if there was a new promotion, it would be tied to the new Big Book. The Big Book is more a less a TRU toy catalog for the Christmas, maybe out in a month.

Second, on the point of whether or not they should be made, well I think it would be better if they made them under the banner of a theme. For instance, silver is the used for a 25 year anniversarys, hence the 25th Anniversary Vader and R2. So I feel that it would have been more consistent with my perception of their theme to recreate all the Early Bird Figures with new poses as a silver anniversary figure. However, that theme has been broken with Fett who of course wasn't in A New Hope (that may change with Lucas). But at the end of the day, I really don't care enough to protest the fact that they didn't make what I wanted, nor should anyone else. Because ultimately, the consumer (collector) has final say and if they don't like they don't have to buy it.

DarthChuckMc
10-07-2003, 11:18 AM
However, that theme has been broken with Fett who of course wasn't in A New Hope (that may change with Lucas).

Guess you didn't see the Special Edition.....Boba is in Docking Bay 94 during Han's conversation with Jabba.

JangoFart
10-07-2003, 12:10 PM
I don't like the way the spray-painted Clone Trooper looks. I don't like the way the Fett looks, either. Vader and R2 looked fantastic. But, this flat silver spray paint they are using on the Fett and Clone Trooper looks horrible. Of course, I'm sure I'll get one - it'll just be under protest :)

J

Dr Zoltar
10-07-2003, 12:23 PM
I would like to see a silver Gamorrean though im pretty sure im the only one who thinks that would look cool.
From the 3 figures already made, my guess is Hasbro will only create silver versions of figures that have no skin showing. Ones that are head to toe in armor or metal.

force
10-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Guess you didn't see the Special Edition.....Boba is in Docking Bay 94 during Han's conversation with Jabba.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

TheDarthVader
10-07-2003, 06:47 PM
The main question is...why a silver clone trooper? Why not another figure from ANH? I wish they would not have made the clone trooper a silver figure. I like the prequels...but I would have liked to have a silver Stormtrooper first (because of the 25th anniversary--2002). Oh well. I am in agreement with those who would like to have a red metallic royal guard. That would make an awesome figure! :) :) :)

LTBasker
10-08-2003, 02:36 AM
I don't like the way the spray-painted Clone Trooper looks. I don't like the way the Fett looks, either. Vader and R2 looked fantastic. But, this flat silver spray paint they are using on the Fett and Clone Trooper looks horrible. Of course, I'm sure I'll get one - it'll just be under protest :)

Agreed, I still need to pick up the Silver Fett but it's just not all that interesting enough to make a big fuss about. If it was vac-metal that'd be one thing, but this sort of thing I could do myself for much less.

Kidhuman
10-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Okay has this item been passed upby TRU? I found this auction on ebay that says it has. I posted it in another thread soI will link to that one so you can see what I mean. It is in the description.

Click me (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285405&postcount=162)