PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 Spy Report: Welcome to the Planet.

Battle Droid
09-26-2003, 10:27 AM
From, theforce.net

Darth Friday checks in with the weekly rundown of Episode III rumors for you to enjoy. Today's feature some pretty heavey stuff, including word on who dies and a new planet many have been hoping would appear in the film. Here's the latest of what we've been hearing:

- There is a point in the film when the clone troopers turn on their Jedi generals. Yoda is on Kashyyyk when this happens.

- There is a lava planet in the film. The "Bruce Spence" alien race is not on this planet. There is a unique new race that lives there.

- When things go down, Mace decides to go have a little chat with Palpatine.

- Since so much time is wasted debating on useless theories, I'll try to put it to rest. Padme dies. More interesting is how and who is involved.

evenflow
09-26-2003, 11:10 AM
I dont know, but that last statement makes me think that Anakin is the one who kills Padme. I dont know. I can't wait to see Kashyyyk though.

Rogue II
09-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Anyone else wonder if Mace will be alive after that chat with Palpatine?

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 12:41 PM
I say Palpatine reveals he is Sidious to Mace and then kills him.

Fun fun fun!

plo koon 200
09-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Overall this is just to vague to get much out of it. As a matter of fact the person does not say if Yoda is on the same planet with the Clonetroopers if you carefully read the wording. And still it can be considered that Padme dies on a emotional and spiritual level.

Jargo
09-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Guess that's where we see palpatine use his full force. I'm not so sure about padme dying because it ruins what Leia says on Endor to Luke about how she remembers her mother being kind and gentle. So Leia must have at least been with padme at some point after she was born and into her infancy. People don't remember anything from before they were three so there you go.
The other stuff we all expected apart from Yoda being on kashyyk. Lava planet is a bit misleading I think. Volcanic planet would probably be more accurate. Perhaps an early 'Imperial' superlaser experiment fails and leaves the planet unstable, breaking apart, molten. It would make sense that they would test the superlaser somewhere before perfecting it. Early use of it in a weaker state would leave a planet wrecked but not destroyed. Palpatine doesn't care about alien races so using a backwater planet no-one has heard about would be his style.

kdp100
09-26-2003, 03:44 PM
(Darth Friday/Battle Droid)... does not say if Yoda is on the same planet with the Clonetroopers if you carefully read the wording.
"There is a point in the film when the clone troopers turn on their Jedi generals. Yoda is on Kashyyyk when this happens."

Maybe being away from his army is one reason why Yoda survives the purge?
And if he's on Kashyyyk, possibly with Padme, that might tie in with the rumour of Chewie "delivering" the twins. Rather far-fetched, I know, but possible...

I've been thinking for a while that the classic point of betrayal for the Jedi would be if they were leading their clone troopers into battle against a droid army, and then Palpatine suddenly ordered the clones to change sides and attack the Jedi ALONGSIDE the droids...

People don't remember anything from before they were three so there you go.

A fair generalisation, but I have one memory that can only date back to when I was 6 months old, and a couple more from the age of around two years - and I'm certainly not a Skywalker!

The Overlord Returns
09-26-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm wagering Padme "dies" is a hint that she is believed dead by someone...namely anakin. Most likely at a point where all it takes is one thing to push him over the edge.

Remember, anakin goes on and on after his mother dies about not letting something like that happen again. if it seems as if just that thing has happened....it would be enought o push the already tormented anakin over the edge and into the dark side....

Jargo
09-26-2003, 07:07 PM
A fair generalisation, but I have one memory that can only date back to when I was 6 months old, and a couple more from the age of around two years - and I'm certainly not a Skywalker!Actually cognitive research in children has shown that nobody can remember specific things from before they were three. They can assume memories later in life when other people talk of the moment in question and attribute them as personal memories believing that they can remember the moment but the human brain doesn't store real memories until around three years of age.

before that all a person is receptive to is mood and emotional response to stimuli. Such as a bad taste or smell becoming something a person may have a hang up about but not know why. Or that a certan person gives them a warm loved feeling. Babies respond to other peoples emotional state much like dogs do. People who are nervous around children will give off pheromones that tell a child that there is fear in the air and the child will then become frightened and most likely cry when held by the nervous person. Responses built into us but not sophisticated. Just automatic response on a basic level.

An infants brain just isn't sophisticated enough to retain memories besides those of nice taste, bad taste, nice colour, nasty colour. huggy person, non huggy person. It's only at the two and a half year mark that brain changes begin that allow for the brain to begin cogitating in the way we know and begin making the first steps towards understanding the world. It isn't until the age of four that a small childs brain is capable of actually making an informed choice.

LUKE

Leia... do you remember your mother? Your

real mother?

LEIA

Just a little bit. She died when I was very

young.

LUKE

What do you remember?

LEIA

Just...images, really. Feelings.

"When I was very young" is not the same as "when I was a baby" so if my hunch is correct Lucas will have Padme go and join Bail Organa on Alderaan after all, to act as a handmaiden/nanny to young Leia. It's possible that she may have trouble during childbirth that will cause her to suffer ill health and later die from infection or internal injury. Leia's dialogue suggests that she was an infant not a baby when her Mother died so It seems entirely logical to assume that Padme lives for quite some time after EPIII. At least until Leia is two/three years old.

InsaneJediGirl
09-26-2003, 09:34 PM
I'm with Jargo.Padme I believe fakes her death to escape Anakin for her safety and the safety of her children.

I say Mace and Palpatine get into it as well,perhaps Mace reveals who Palpy actually is,and is trying to persude him to surrender.

RooJay
09-30-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm with Jargo.Padme I believe fakes her death to escape Anakin for her safety and the safety of her children.

EXACTLY what I was thinkin'. That would explain how we could be surprised by who it is that's involved in her "death".

I say Mace and Palpatine get into it as well,perhaps Mace reveals who Palpy actually is,and is trying to persude him to surrender.

To quote myself from another discussion on the subject:

Here's how I imagine it goin' down (not that I think this is gonna happen, mind you, but bear with me):

Mace Windu requests an emergency meeting with the Supreme Chancellor to address some majors concerns he has regarding the course of the war, some of the questionable acts he suspects Palpatine may have had a hand in and a whole mess of rumors regarding some of the major events that have occurred.

There's a brief and terribly tense scene where Mace presses Palpatine for answers when suddenly we see a sense of realization come over Master Windu's face...

The "menace" is no longer a "phantom" as Sidious realizes that the time has finally come.

A few beats pass as Mace struggles to make sense of the truth he is quickly coming to see as Palpatine reaches within his robes and produces two wicked looking lightsaber blades that he holds at his sides, arms splayed as if basking in the moment of standing finally revealed; finally free of the silly charade.

In the space between seconds, the kindly and wizened (though recently rather haggard looking) expression on his face rapidly darkens and contorts into the wicked, hateful visage of the Emperor Palpatine we have known from Return of the Jedi, and he quickly ignites the to ruby reds blades of his Sith weapons.

Windu, suddenly coming to terms with the sense that had been nagging at the back of his mind since the funeral of Qui-Gon Jinn, snaps his violet blade to life and quickly brings it to parry. He can suddenly and dreadfully feel the power of the Dark Side, long and deeply hidden behind a mask of geniality, wisdom and noblility coursing through the man whom he has recently helped take control of the galaxy!

The fight is on. When it is over, Jedi Master Mace Windu will have met his spectacular end, and the fate of the galaxy is left in the hands of the Master of the Sith.

I give myself chills. ;) :D

I might be a bit disappointed if it don't happen. ;)

TheDarthVader
09-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Sounds very exciting RooJay. I think the way you have it sounds great except (for the arguable) idea that Sidious will weild a lightsaber in Episode III. I think he should not weild one.

I betcha Padme will fake her death thus adding to Anakin's anger, hate, and fear.