PDA

View Full Version : Carded Pics Of Escape Pod C-3PO

DarthBrandon
09-26-2003, 03:25 PM
You can find carded pics of escape pod C-3PO over at GH, I think this is going to be a most welcomed item to the collection. :D

El Chuxter
09-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Looks pretty nice, though it appears Hasbro is moving away from the old "metallized" body. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. It should keep the paint on a bit better, but he'll likely be the new flimsy plastic.

2004 looks to be a great year so far! :happy:

plo koon 200
09-26-2003, 04:07 PM
The best thing about it is actually the new card size. Ultra for sure.

evenflow
09-26-2003, 04:08 PM
I liek this piece. I have to say that I am pumped for Star Wars once again, I said this in another thread. So far there is alot of stuff that I like, awesome news this morning.

Beast
09-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Looks great. The C-3PO's really nice, but the real draw to this set is the fantastic Escape Pod. Definatly more then worth the $9.99 SRP. 2004, the best year ever!! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
09-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Have they actually set a price for the Ultra figures? Will they be taking the place of the "deluxe" figures then? Oh, so many questions.

I DO like the escape pod although I wish there was a little more in the way of paint application on the inside of the pod. Threepio is quite obviously from the Droid Factory mould. Not terrible but not terribly good, either.

mark2d2
09-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah, indeed, the Pod alone is pretty dang sweet.

The line is REALLY coming around now.

R1-G4 (Beyond amazing, top notch!)
R3-PO (How awesomely unexpected!)
All the Hoth stuff. . . (esp. the "ice cave" pieces)

Yesirree, I couldn't be more excited!

(Unless --- of course --- the frigging Sandcrawler were
FINALLY picked up to put an end my unending misery.)

C'mon world! R1-G4 will desperately need a home! :crazed:

Banthaholic
09-26-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm kind've wondering why they have rehas Han, Leia and the ealry '03 Tusken pictured on the back of the card, seems odd.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2003, 06:19 PM
I'm kind've wondering why they have rehas Han, Leia and the ealry '03 Tusken pictured on the back of the card, seems odd.
Probably because they're from ANH, like this C-3PO. He looks very cool, though.

Hellboy
09-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Man 2004 is blowing away any expectations I may have had.

I can't wait to start picking some of this stuff up. :D

Kidhuman
09-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Nice looking pics. Actually better than expected

TheDarthVader
09-27-2003, 03:28 PM
I think this escape pod is lame. I give props to Hasbro for finally making a unique accessory but that is as far as I'll go. I have plenty of C-3PO figures and would much rather have had them work on the ROTJ green slime C-3PO than this set. This is one deluxe set I will pass on. The paint on the escape pod is terrible. Anyways..........
I will be buying Rieekan, Jabba, and Wampa.

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Why are you guys so happy with this pod? It's so out of scale it's ridiculous. I know all the ships are not to scale, but this one is pathetic.

Beast
09-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Why are you guys so happy with this pod? It's so out of scale it's ridiculous. I know all the ships are not to scale, but this one is pathetic.
It's actually not that horribly out of scale. Sure, it's a bit smaller then the movie version. But if you recall how cramped it was in the movie, and how small it was next to the Imperial SandTrooper's it's not that bad. And it's about a million times better then the craptastic Vintage version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 04:15 PM
It's actually not that horribly out of scale. Sure, it's a bit smaller then the movie version. But if you recall how cramped it was in the movie, and how small it was next to the Imperial SandTrooper's it's not that bad. And it's about a million times better then the craptastic Vintage version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksJJB, you must not have any idea what the size of the pod really is.:)

Beast
09-27-2003, 04:27 PM
JJB, you must not have any idea what the size of the pod really is.:)
Yes, I actually do. I compared it to the movie version, and the photos of it next to the SandTroopers. It's really quite small and cramped. Yes, the toy is out of scale by a small bit. But for $9.99 I'm not going to complain. Since almost every vehicle is out of scale. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Yes, I actually do. I compared it to the movie version, and the photos of it next to the SandTroopers. It's really quite small and cramped. Yes, the toy is out of scale by a small bit. But for $9.99 I'm not going to complain. Since almost every vehicle is out of scale. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks Yeah OK. :rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
09-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Another good point, turbowars. This pod STINKS!

JEDIpartner
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
I'll definitely be adding some paint deco to the pod. I won't complain too much about it since we are, at least, getting one.

I'm still not so certain that they went with the best mould of Threepio. It looks as though they are planning on getting some miles out of this one using it for R-3P0-- sorta like they reused the TC-14 mould for K-3P0.

RussUAE
09-29-2003, 11:02 AM
I like the pod, and the scale - I wouldn't want it much bigger - think how silly it would look if it were the same size as the A-Wing.

Am very pleased with the direction Hasbro is taking.