PDA

View Full Version : Attakus statues

derek
09-27-2003, 09:06 AM
anyone have any of these? how tall are they? what are they made of? that new padme sure looks nice. :happy:

Hellboy
09-27-2003, 03:37 PM
derek: The statues are made of cold cast porcelain and vary in height depending on the character but the Padme statue is 14 inches tall.

I'm interested in these as well but haven't quite made up my mind whether I'm ready to invest in such an expensive item without getting some feedback from someone first. The statue I'm considering getting is the Emperor in his throne room chair but at $350 I'm being cautious. He sure looks incredible though. :eek:

Jayspawn
10-22-2003, 11:18 AM
I don't have any myself yet. Some of them do look amazing. I really like the Darth Vader, Stormtrooper and Carbonite Han statues.

bobafrett
10-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, and I believe the Jabba was going for over a grand, but the slave Leia was supposed to fit in there, providing you have enough disposable cash for both. I really wanted the Stormtrooper, but I'll have to deal with the Gentle Giant mini busts for now. A little more in my price range.

Hellboy
09-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Well its been almost a year since anyone has posted in this thread and even though I never did buy that Emperor statue I eventually picked up Darth Maul, the Clone Trooper and a Jawa. I'm hoping to obtain R2-D2, Jango Fett and the Royal Guard at some point but I'm waiting for the right deal since these are pretty expensive.

So has anybody else picked up any Attakus pieces? The 3 I have I consider to be the nicest pieces in my collection and I think they're really a step above the rest, though I think Sideshow is going to give them a run for their money with the 1/4 scale statues they're doing. The paint jobs on these statues are really the best I've ever seen though. The only complaint I have about Attakus is that the likeness on most of their human sculpts look off. I've read this has something to do with them being artist's interpretations but if I'm dropping that much coin I want the characters to look as much like the actors who played them as possible. Thats why I never purchased the Emperor even though I love the overall look of the statue.

Attakus has some pretty sweet characters planned for the future. Here is a list of what they have planned, all of which I think are great choices:

-Bib Fortuna
-Gamorrean Guard
-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
-Oola
-Imperial Probe Droid
-Sandtrooper
-TIE Fighter Pilot
-Tusken Raider
-Wicket

The Tusken Raider and Wicket are coming next. I think they both look amazing and I'm planning on getting both. Tusken Radier pics attached.

Hellboy
09-24-2005, 04:02 AM
And here is Wicket.

Jayspawn
09-24-2005, 08:36 PM
The detail is great on that Tuskin and Wicket. I actually dont own ANY Attakus statues. I wouldnt mind getting Emperor Palpatine or Yoda (1st version). I suppose I never got into them because the detail want that good at first.

[Davin Felth]
09-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I purchased the Attakus Stormtrooper when it was first relesed a few years back and i was in awe at the size and detail of the piece. It was very well packaged BUT i noticed a hair line crack on the knee guard as that part obviously sticks out. I was dissapointed at first but i wont be selling this piece so i've learned to live with it. I'll deffinatly be getting the Sandtrooper, though i've not seen any pictures or even prototype pictures.

PS; has anyone seen the metal figures there bringing out. The death star dock scene with a half section millenium falcon diarama. I've seen it on preorder for around $450 each piece (the whole diarama is 2 pieces) and the figures are seperate and cost around $86. theres 4 differant stormtroopers but at $86 for what looks like a 4 inch figure is WAY too much.....What do you guys think.

Jayspawn
09-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I saw them at C3 Davin. They look pretty cool. The metal figures dont do it for me. $86 for a metal 4" figure seems a little high.

I was looking at some detailed pictures of the Attakus Emperor Hellboy, I'm more tempted to get one. But I'm hoping that Gentle Giant will come out with one (you know that will look awesome) and the $ will be less.

Hellboy
09-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I was looking at some detailed pictures of the Attakus Emperor Hellboy, I'm more tempted to get one. But I'm hoping that Gentle Giant will come out with one (you know that will look awesome) and the $ will be less.

The Emperor does look great sitting in his throne and the detail is amazing but I can't get past the face looking absolutely nothing like Ian McDiarmid. :cross-eye

That would be cool if GG decided to do Palpatine, and I'd most likely buy one but I much prefer Attakus' 1/5 scale to GG's 1/6. I really didn't have an appreciation for the difference until I saw my first Attakus piece in person and from that point on I was sold on why they cost as much as they do. As much as I love GG Attakus blows them away in the paint, scale and detail department but GG has the edge with their human likenesses due to their facial scanning process.

Hellboy
10-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Alright I must admit this diorama is rather impressive. :yes:

Measuring in at nearly 2 ft. wide X 5 1/2 ft. long this baby is HUGE. Wish I had the $$$ and the room to display this thing. Just an amazing amount of detail here.

Jayspawn
10-01-2005, 09:32 PM
I wish I had the room for that too Hellboy! Whats the cost on this thing?

Hellboy
10-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Well the diorama comes in two pieces, the Death Star hall and the Millennium Falcon together will run you just under $3,000 shipped. :sur: Not cheap by any means.

I'd love to actually see this thing set up and in person. I'm sure its pretty amazing considering the size.

Hellboy
10-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Found some prototype pictures of some of the new statues coming out and I must say they all look fantastic. Hopefully Attakus spreads out the release of these because the way it looks right now I want all of them with the exception of Grievous who I'm passing on only because of the superior Sideshow version.

First up are pictures of General Grievous and the Imperial Probe Droid. Notice at the bottom of the Grievous page you can see prototype pics of the Gamorrean Guard and TIE Pilot as well. :cool:

Hellboy
10-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Here are a few more pictures. A sliver of Bib Fortuna and a small pic of the Sandtrooper plus a pic of Luke Jedi's head which is a darn good likeness so far, much better than their other human sculpts.

Hellboy
12-02-2005, 06:01 PM
A few updated shots of the Millennium Falcon/Death Star Hanger Diorama. There is some amazing detail in this thing.

Hellboy
12-02-2005, 06:02 PM
3 more shots.

Slicker
12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't know if you saw these but they give quite a size comparison.

Pic one (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/20050516_picview/img/3.jpg)

And here's a Dagobah diorama. (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/20050516_picview/img/11.jpg)

These are supposedly in scale with the 3 3/4" figures so they are freakin' huge.

And here's a larger pic that shows interior detail.

Linky poo. (http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=Star+Wars%2FHasbro&pic=newa1.jpg&dispsize=800&start=45)

bobafrett
12-03-2005, 01:13 AM
A few updated shots of the Millennium Falcon/Death Star Hanger Diorama. There is some amazing detail in this thing.

Awesome! I love it, but probably more than I should consider spending on anything except a house or a car.

Hellboy
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Those are great shots Slicker. You really get a feeling for the size of these things with somebody standing in the picture. The Dagobah diorama looks really nice as well.

Slicker
12-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Those are great shots Slicker. You really get a feeling for the size of these things with somebody standing in the picture. The Dagobah diorama looks really nice as well.There are several body parts that I'd be willing to go without to have one of each of these. The scale of these is something. I don't even know where I'd put something like that.

Hellboy
12-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Some pics are out of the new TIE Fighter Pilot statue and as usual the paint job looks amazing. As much as I love Sideshow and Gentle Giant I think this is a good example of why I think Attakus blows them both away in the paint department. I'm pretty excited to add this piece to my collection.

I've also attached a picture of General Grievous' base which looks pretty cool too.

Jayspawn
12-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Heres some pictures of some upcoming Attakus statues. They're still in ptototype phase, but they look great! Here are pictures of Bib Fortuna, General Grevious, Jedi Luke, TIE Pilot and the Gamorrean Guard.

http://mintinbox.net/Actus/05-12/attakus-exclu

bobafrett
12-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I like those "metal" sculpts, are those also by Attakus? They are toward the top of the page in the boxes with several Stormtroopers.

Jayspawn
12-15-2005, 10:25 AM
D'oh! The link isnt working anymore.

I saw most of the metal ones at Celebration III, they look really cool. But I'd rather stick woth the Sideshow and Gentle Giant statues.

Hellboy
12-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah I saw those pictures Jayspawn, thanks. For those that didn't see them I copied a few so I'll go ahead and post them.

First up is General Grievous which looks amazing. I wasn't planning on getting him since I'm getting the Sideshow version but I may reconsider after seeng these pics. I love the sculpted cloak and the saber hilts stored in the inside look amazing.

Bib Fortuna looks amazing as well and I can't wait to see him painted. I haven't decided if I will be getting him though, I can only afford so much. The Gamorrean Guard however is a must buy for me, looks huge.

Hellboy
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Here are pictures of the remaining statues, with the exception of the TIE Pilot which I already posted pictures of.

Luke Jedi looks promising, hopefully Attakus gets the face sculpt right as character likeness tends to be their only weak point IMO. The Tusken Raider and Wicket look fantastic and should be out soon. I'm definitely planning on getting both of those. :yes:

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again Attakus is simply the best in the business when it comes to statues IMO. Their 1/5 scale is impressive without being overly huge, their paint jobs are easily the best I've ever seen and their detailed sculpts are far superior to Gentle Giant and Sideshow. Thats only based off what has been released from all three companies to this point though, both GG and SS have some impressive pieces coming soon. Granted Attakus status are more expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. Just my opinion. :)