PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card recommendations

Sentinel18725
09-27-2003, 10:44 AM
I am looking to buy a Sound Card. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have been leaning towards the Sound Blaster 2 by Audiology but I didn't know if they were having any problems with compatability with certain Video Cards. here is what I've got

Sony Vaio
1.8mHz
80 GB HD
DVDR/CD
All In Wonder ATI
1 GB RAM

Thanks for the help

darthvyn
09-29-2003, 04:07 AM
i have the all in wonder 7500 and the soundblaster live! 5.1 with no compatablity issues... i don't even have a 5.1 speaker system, but i figured i'd plan for the future.

i don't know much about the audigy cards... but they're all made by soundblaster which is part of creative labs. audigy is a product name...

so are you thinking about getting the audigy 2 zs? it looks crazy!!!

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2ZS_platinum_pro/welcome.asp

Dar' Argol
10-04-2003, 02:27 AM
The Audigy Platnium 2 is one of the best sounds cards out thee this second. There has been, to my knowledge, no compatibility issues with it at all. The only other suggestions I can make for a sound card is look at the other Sound Blaster card. If you just want it for gaming, they have a specific card geared towards gaming. And they have another card geared towards MP3 playback, and movies. It just all depends on what your going to use your box for the most.