PDA

View Full Version : Halloween.....the Anime Version

James Boba Fettfield
09-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Again, browsing the horror sites it looks like there's going to be a new take on the Halloween series coming, and it's not the direction you'd expect. As reported by Johnny Butane of creature-corner.com:

What is it about the Halloween mythos that just fascinates people so much? Is it the fact that Myers is pure evil, and there's always something freaky about that? Or perhaps we're all just trying to make sense of parts 4-6? Whatever it is, people keep coming back to it with new approaches and fresh ideas that will help keep it alive for years to come.

And no, I'm not talking about the sequels...

Simon Tse Productions, a company that's been producing American and Japanese films for over 30 years, announced recently their acquisition of the rights to create an anime based on the characters and events in Halloween. Truly, an anime! Very strange but very cool.

So what can you do? To drum up interest in the project the company is currently hosting a poster contest on their official site, and they want submissions NOW. The recommend you use images made famous by the films, such as the mask and/or knife, but no details are being revealed about the plot so you're going to have to use your own creativity and just kick some ***.

The deadline for entries is October 10th (that's in TWO WEEKS), so if you're looking for a shot at it you better stop reading now and get designing!

Any of you potential Sir Steve artists who are also fans of Halloween might try giving this a shot. Here's the site (http://www.simontseproductions.com/) for those who might be interested in entering the contest.

As for the other subject, I'm all for the horror market expanding, but as anime, I don't know. I suppose this anime is meant as a feature film, and not an anime comic book thing like Star Wars did before. Anyway, I'm kind of keen on this idea. I've got some images running through my mind as to how this might look, but I'll just have to wait and see how this develops.

Hellboy
09-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Interesting idea but I'm a little skeptical if Halloween would work in animated format. Part of the magic of a horror movie is the viewers shock and fear of such an extreme situation and how they might react if this was happening to them. It could prove to be quite a challenge trying to convey the same sense of tension and suspense you find in a live action film.

I'll still watch it regardless due to the fact I'm a huge horror and anime fan and Halloween is one of the finest horror films ever made.

2-1B
09-28-2003, 05:11 PM
I'll never watch an anime Halloween. Waste of time. :)

2-1B
08-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Apparently it was such a waste of time that they didn't even bother to make it. lol lol lol