PDA

View Full Version : Tusken Raider can't keep his head.

LusiferSam
09-27-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm so mad, I'm seeing red. After close to six months of not finding anything I went to Target today and found some new figures, one of which was the Tusken Raider Tatoonie Camp Ambush. Well I got home and opening the figures when I discovered the %^*#@ Tusken was put together wrong. The magnet that hold the head to the body has the wrong polarization, in other words its a North pole to a North pole (or South to South). So there is no to set the head on the body without holding it. There's no way to find this error without opening the package. How cheap labor could screw this up is beyond me at the moment. :confused: :mad: :mad:

Beast
09-27-2003, 04:12 PM
How cheap labor could screw this up is beyond me at the moment.
You just answered your own question. Basically the magnet got inserted upside down. Either glue the head on, or pry out the magnet and reverse it. Or you could take it back for exchange, or call Hasbro to see if they will replace it. Congrats on actually finding something though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jaff
09-27-2003, 04:34 PM
I would take it back to get a refund and get another raider, if they don't have the raider get another one. I have two of these figs, and even though the magnet is not strong, it still does the trick and I love these figs. Be warned, the Waitress Droid is worse, she can't keep her wheel at the base at ALL!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

stillakid
09-27-2003, 04:55 PM
I'm sure that some screwball variation collector out there will pay you kindly for your discovery. Check Ebay. :)

TheDarthVader
09-27-2003, 04:56 PM
This does not surprise me...cheap A** labor! I have a tusken that you can buy off me for actual cost (plus s&h) if your target ran out of them. Just PM me if you're interested. If I were you, I'd seek a refund.

Kidhuman
09-27-2003, 07:41 PM
Boy, times like this make me happy i am a carded collector. It would infuriate me if that happened to me. Feel bad for ya buddy. Go to Hasbro and lay the smackdown

Hellboy
09-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Have you tried staples? ;)

bobafrett
09-28-2003, 02:47 AM
I have this figure and the head is very hard to remove. The one you got must have had the magnet inserted wrong. Do you build Diromas? If so you could lay this poor soul outy as one of Ani's first kills!

Old Fossil
09-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Good idea, Bobafrett. Might be easier than to go through the hassle of explaining the problem to a Target employee.

I also have an extra carded Tusken. PM me if you want it at cost + shipping.

Turbowars
09-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm sure that some screwball variation collector out there will pay you kindly for your discovery. Check Ebay. :) There's no way to know Stillkid, and an opened variation or error is worthless to collectors. But I'd do what JJB said. take the mag off and turn it around. I know you really:) shouldn't have to do that, but things happen and if I was paid pennies a hour I wouldn't care either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2003, 10:59 AM
Have you tried staples? ;)

Don't you dare!!! I swear, if you use staples on that little mouse, i'll call Animal Protection something something yadda yadda

(hehehehehe Scrooged, great movie)

That does suck though. I'm a MOC collector so i won't have to deal with it, but i do order extra figures to open and am disappointed, example: Throne Room Luke. I wasn't really disappointed, i just wish he could've stood up easier. :D

LusiferSam
10-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Well thank you, all of you, for your support, ideas, and suggestions. Sometime this week (when my rage subsides a bit more) I'll contacted Hasbro and get them to deal with this problem.

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2003, 08:40 PM
I'm so mad, I'm seeing red. After close to six months of not finding anything I went to Target today and found some new figures, one of which was the Tusken Raider Tatoonie Camp Ambush. Well I got home and opening the figures when I discovered the %^*#@ Tusken was put together wrong. The magnet that hold the head to the body has the wrong polarization, in other words its a North pole to a North pole (or South to South). So there is no to set the head on the body without holding it. There's no way to find this error without opening the package. How cheap labor could screw this up is beyond me at the moment. :confused: :mad: :mad:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune LS. I actually found your issue somewhat entertaining. Does the head popoff when you try to attach it or just fall off? What I'm getting at is the opposing polarity very strong causing the head to pop or jump off?

I can see it now. You're trying to put the head on and when your fingers release the head pops up a couple of inches and bounces on the table. Just like an invisible saber is lopping his head off.

Please understand I am simpathetic to your problem but it's kind of funny too.