PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars carded images Ventress, Durge, Mace, and Obi-Wan

Hellboy
09-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Thought I'd share these carded images of the next round of Clone Wars figures.

keithfite
09-28-2003, 03:38 AM
Those are cool pics. thanks for sharing them. I really think all 4 of these look good. The obi wan and mace remind me of the figures from POTJ like jedi training qui gon, and snow gear obi wan. and I liked those. Its fun to see them in outfits not in the movie. But on ventresses box, it says sith apprentice. after reading the comics and hearing about her, I thought she wasnt sith or jedi. I cant wait to get her and durge. and I really like the mace. Some dont like it but I think its cool. so far I am enjoying the clone wars figures

Old Fossil
09-28-2003, 10:40 AM
The Obi-Wan figure looks very good. The rest I can easily live without.

evenflow
09-28-2003, 03:19 PM
I do not like the Clone Wars figures, but Durge and the dark Jedi are nto bad. I will try to pick them up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Those look excellent; i can't wait to get mine!! That is a very good Obi-Wan sculpt!! Way to go hasbro!! :D

I do love the fun with Photoshop though they are using; adding on this "gear" to the pic of Mace..hehehehheheeh :crazed:

2-1B
09-28-2003, 04:59 PM
I might pick up that Obi-Wan, in fact I definitely want him.

The other 3 are laughable.

:)

Kidhuman
09-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Agreed Caesar, Obi looks good, but Mace is so ridiculous looking with that neck. I will try and get them if I ever see em.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2003, 06:54 PM
These all look pretty good. Wave 1 is very abundant in my area (but not in the Wal-Mart bonus packs, grr), so hopefully these will be easy to find.

plasticfetish
09-29-2003, 02:48 AM
I do love the fun with Photoshop though they are using; adding on this "gear" to the pic of Mace..hehehehheheeh :crazed:
Yeah, I was kind of laughing at that myself. At least with Mace his head sort of fits the body. Obi-Wan's head is just kind of floating there.

I'll wait to see these figures in person before I decide. I've been impressed with the quality of the three that I have, so I'm hoping it'll continue. Asajj looks cool enough, though I'm kind of wondering why her paint doesn't match the illustration very well. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/uploads/29620_106481017214.jpg) (Eh, we'll see I suppose.) Obi-Wan looks pretty good, as good as Obi-Wan will ever look. His figure always ends up looking like some other guy with a beard ... the head is always too narrow or something. Mace has a long neck or at least it looks that way because he's bald. Other than that, it looks like a good figure. All of the other Mace figures of late have been terrible, so I'll be happy to see this one.

I still hate the Durge (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=dirge) thing, which is pretty funny considering how much I'm digging the rest of the Clone Wars toys. I'll probably pass on Durge. Does it look like he has very limited articulation anyway? Looks like his knees and elbows are fixed.

Emperor Howdy
09-29-2003, 05:27 AM
Wonder if these will come in WalMart value packs as well....... :confused:

(....meesa like free clones! :D )

seth_quinn
09-29-2003, 11:26 AM
these all look prett good to me. thanks for posting the photos.

JEDIpartner
09-29-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm grooving on the figures except for Mace. He looks like the genetic recombinant of Mace Windu and Yarael Poof with that silly neck. :rolleyes:

Billy_Dee_Binks
09-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Obi Wanīs Photoshop illu looks pretty bad too. Especially how his hand hold onto the hilt.
But who cares!

The figures look nice. Iīll pick up Obi and Asajj. Not sure about Mace (he doesnīt look THAT weak anymore).But I really wonder why I should pick up Durge when I can have him with a Swoop Bike and everything as well and just pay a little
more.The thing is: he seems to have about the same articulation as a pack-in which is quite nice, he comes with the blasters, there is no flesh color used on the Swoop versionīs arms (which is better, IMO) and that Bike is top notch.

The only real diffence seems to be the jetpack and the bolers. :confused:

mtriv73
09-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I don't get it. If Durge hates the Mandalorians so much, then why does he have a Mandalorian symbol all across his chest (that's what it is, isn't it?.) The figs look pretty good. I'll pick up Asajj for sure and maybe the others.

Beast
09-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Nope, it doesn't appear to be the mandalorian symbol at all. In fact I'm betting that young Mr. Fett takes out our charming pal Durge and takes the symbol as a trophey of his first kill. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mtriv73
09-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks Jarjar,

That actually makes some sense. I always thought that dragon skull looking thing (or whatever it's supposed to be) was the sign of the mandalorians.

Dr Zoltar
09-30-2003, 02:02 PM
These look fairly well done. I wasn't going to pick up any Clone Wars figures initially, but I finally gave in. I'll get them when I see them. And I love the fact that at least for wave 1 the figs were evenly packed. Though a few more Arc Troopers would have been nice since they can be used for Army building.

hansolo
10-02-2003, 01:33 AM
I just picked up the 4 clone wars figures 2 days ago. They are pretty cool, esp Durge.

This Obi Wan is the best I have seen so far. It has the likeness of Ewan.

I'm quite disappointed with the facial sculpture of Ventress. Somehow her "eyes" are not that agreesive as seen in Republic Comics.

The only good thing worth mentioning about Mace Windu is the costume. Finally a change from the brown Jedi robe.

Durge. Enuff Said. Freaking Cool. It's time for a battle between Arc Trooper (Alpha) and Durge!