PDA

View Full Version : Ewan's Fake Beard

Jayspawn
09-28-2003, 09:55 PM
First off, I'm a huge fan of Ewan McGregor, and I don't like threads like this but does it bother anybody else when you're watching "Attack of the Clones" and you constantly notice the scenes where Ewan McGregor is wearing a fake beard and wig. Its even more weird when his hair changes between cuts of the same scene!

I think theres an obvious difference, I know I'm not alone, but in so many scenes it is plain as day. True, Lucasfilm had to go back and refilm some scenes, but as talented as ILM is they could have make Ewan's hair look a LOT better.

Anybody else notice this?

Beast
09-28-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm a huge fan of Ewan also, and think he's doing a bang up job with the role. I'm glad he's off the sauce and happier with himself now though. He was starting to sound too much like ole Alec Guiness with how much he dissed Star Wars in interviews. Glad to see it was the sauce and stress talking, and not him.

As for the fake beard, it's a bit annoying I'll agree. The only place I really noticed it was during the Elevator Scene at the start of the film. They even comment on it on the DVD. Since that was a section of reshoots. I don't think I really noticed it anywhere else in the movie. It doesn't bug me all that much, since all movies have those lil hair or costume glitches in them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
09-29-2003, 01:05 AM
Yes, it bothers me greatly. I've been complaining about this for over a year and it doesn't seem to bother too many other people.

Watch that pickup scene they used in AOTC outside the nightclub when Ewan says "This weapon is your life."
Now compare that to the original scene from the Trailer when he says "You haven't learned anything Anakin."

The difference is night and day and quite troubling.

Jayspawn
09-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Thank you! I've actually been holding that in. I wish Ewan hadn't shaved. I suppose he had to go film Moulin Rogue real quick and then get back.

2-1B
09-29-2003, 01:34 AM
I believe it was because of Black Hawk Down that he shaved.
I'm pretty certain of it because I remember how disgruntled Ewan was that they tore down the Moulin Rouge sets to make way for AOTC production. :)

seanmcfripp
10-24-2003, 07:39 AM
The scene in the elevator is by far the most troubling. That is by far the worst wig and beard job ever. And yes, I've always hated it too and am surprised no one else complains about it. But oddly enough, that is one of my favorite scenes in the film. Before the movie came out, I had hoped Lucas would portray Obi-wan and Anakin as being friends, not just master and apprentice. Ewan really pulls it off really well. In fact, it looks like Ewan and Hayden were having fun just getting to see each other again. I just wish that dynamic had been a little more prevalent throughout the entire movie. It's a good thing Lucas decided to add that scene.

Pendo
10-24-2003, 08:27 AM
It's not as noticable as his changing hair in TPM!

PENDO!

scruffziller
10-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Doggone it now I am going to see it. I had no clue before. I thought it was all real. Just like the Clone Troopers, didn't know they were all CGI.:(
Why was there a thread then that someone said in the EPS 3 threads, THE BEARD IS BACK, then? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19300&highlight=beard

Jayspawn
10-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Well yes, Ewan had to regrow his beard to film Episode 3. Hopefully Lucasfilm will get all the shots done and not have to bring Ewan back and put that aweful beard back on! I'm so glad Liam Neeson's hair looked good!

scruffziller
10-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Well yes, Ewan had to regrow his beard to film Episode 3.
Yes but, pasttense, they said it was fake on EPS 2.

2-1B
10-25-2003, 03:20 AM
No scruff, we said it was fake during CERTAIN scenes (the reshoots). :)

For comparison, the scene in Padme's apartment has the real beard. The fake beard can be seen outside the Coruscant nightclub when he lectures Anakin.