PDA

View Full Version : House of the Dead

scruffziller
09-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Saw this trailer. This looks like a little of House Of a 1000 corpses was thrown in with Night of the Living Dead. But it looks cool. Alot of "bullet time" happening.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2003, 06:29 PM
I swear ole' Scruffster, you and i must be the only *true* movie geeks on the board due to the fact that we're naming movies that nobody else is discussing!! :D

I think this movie looks god awful, which is why i'll see it. It looks to be a really shoot'em up, zombie brain munchin' good time, which is why i'll see it, as i'm a zombie fanatic. I do think the whole zombie doing karate is kinda nutty though, but i guess it's just another take on the zombie genre. I'll check out an afternoon showing of the movie. :D

mrmiller
09-29-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm sure I'll see it too- I'm a sucker for these types of movies.

BTW- have you guys seen the teaser for Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse? That's another I'll see. The first RE is one of my "Guilty Pleasure" movies.

=MATT=

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Miller- Yeah, i saw the teaser with Underworld and i'm hella giddy. I actually enjoyed the first film immensely. It wasn't as true to the game as it could've been, but i still liked it. I can't wait to see the next film. My only gripe might be that alice, since being captured and tested on by umbrella, has kinda grown more powerful thanks to the testing on her. That might be weird, but i'll deal widdit! :D

James Boba Fettfield
09-29-2003, 07:32 PM
It doesn't remind me of Night of the Living Dead at all. Not hardly. I think it more closely resembles Fulci's Zombie. The film has the people fighting zombies while getting from one point to another, much like Zombie. I didn't see the people really being trapped in a central location and collapsing one by one to the horde of the undead waiting for them on the outside. I don't see this movie bringing anything new to the world of the living dead. I might see the movie to see how they did the make up for the zombies, but that's all I'd see it for.

RooJay
09-30-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm sure I'll go and see this one (I get to see most of my movies for free anyway, and I'm a sucker for zombie flicks), and when I do I plan on rooting for those poor helpless zombies - judging by that trailer, it looks like those poor undead suckers don't have a chance against all those WELL armed (and apparently well trained), athletic teenagers! :eek: :cry: ;)