PDA

View Full Version : New Mos Eisley Cantina Set?????

Mandalorian Candidat
09-30-2003, 10:14 AM
You know, I hate to be the first one at SSG at the rumor mill but this sounds so cool I have to post it. A German Lego-oriented site, 1000stein.de (http://www.festum.de/1000steine/forum/), is reporting that Lego will come out with a Mos Eisley Cantina set (#4501) for 2004. The hype has been picked up on the fbtb.net and rebelscum.com forums. It has been said, by a reportedly reliable source on rebelscum that the set will come with a Dewback and updated Landspeeder. There is just a lot of speculation at this point I suppose on the set's format (multiple units like Jabba's Palace or just one set), but I've been wanting such a set for awhile so I had to post this rumor.

Anyone know anything more definite?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-01-2003, 10:19 AM
OK, fbtb.net has confirmed that the Mos Eisley Set is good to go...I just wish it looked better than it does. The actual "cantina" is just the alcove where Han, Chewie, Luke, and Han hammer out their deal. However in this set it's just Han and Greedo. There's also a butt-ugly Dewback (a la the Gungan Kaadu) with a Sandtrooper (yes orange epaulet and all) and a bigger landspeeder. It also comes with mini Luke and Ben figures. Perhaps other add-on sets will be available in the future. The bad news is it will retail for $30.

Here are some pics...

They also report more MINI sets including a Star Destroyer, Sith Infiltrator, Imperial Shuttle, and AT-TE. No word if there'll be a fifth bonus ship yet.

aceguide
10-01-2003, 11:18 AM
A little disappointing for sure. Seems like there is a lot of room for future expansion of the cantina - which would make sense. I do not see them going there with all the mini figs that would be needed to make it even sort of acurate.

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 01:08 PM
At least we'll get a greedo lego figure. Only question is, will he shoot first?

Are the Dewback and the Landspeeder part of the Mos Eisley cantina?

BFett88
10-01-2003, 01:23 PM
$30 seems a bit pricey. Maybe it will be cool, you never know. What am i saying the Dewback look like a Dinosaur, not cool.

LusiferSam
10-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Small, but I don't think it unreasonable. 5 mini figures, 1 vehicle, 1 beast and a small playset, $30.00 don't sound out of line to me. Greedo's head looks much better than what I was expecting. And I don't think the Dewback looks bad at all. Maybe a different shade of green would be nice. And it looks like it was be real easy to expand into a bigger Cantina. I can't wait.

LTBasker
10-01-2003, 01:45 PM
At least we'll get a greedo lego figure. Only question is, will he shoot first?

They don't have guns.. maybe it's a sneak peek into the Archival Editions and Speilberg had some work on'em :eek:

Greedo and the Sandtrooper look grreat :) I'm suprised they don't have a ponchoed Luke and cloaked Ben though since the landspeeders in there.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-01-2003, 11:59 PM
They don't have guns.. maybe it's a sneak peek into the Archival Editions and Speilberg had some work on'em :eek:

If you look closely both Greedo and Han have walkie-talkies however Greedo talks first into his. ;)

$30 for this is high. The OG Landspeeder was less than $10 with 2 minifigs, with the other three plus a small alcove and the dewback I would say the price should be closer to $20.

Battle Droid
10-02-2003, 12:41 AM
I love the Dewback & Sandtrooper, I've really been waiting for those two! :eek:

aceguide
10-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Some great new pics of the mini figs are surfacing. Greedo looks incredible, as does the sandtrooper/dewback.

I stil have to agree that the price point is a bit high.